MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

Do you still play game?
Why the heck MA will favour you and provide any information to you before whole population?
Why you would get unfair advantage to know about ALL breaking news changes?

Is it just me who find it distressful and make me to not trust MA and yourself?

I don't think MS9 had any bad intentions. However, I do think a lack of transparency creates this kind of mess and we perhaps jump to the wrong conclusions. Myself included.

It would have been better for MS9 to have mentioned the details of her new role i.e. been more transparent about it. I can take a guess what it is but then I may guess wrong or even if I guess right I'll probably have everyone "jumping" on my back :)

If the markup value of the deeds is truly 130% then a brief sale of deeds at 115% will not impact anything in the long term. These 5000 deeds will sell, and the price will rise back to 130%.

I agree. In the long run this sell will not effect any MU, the value of the deeds will be connected to revenue from the CLD, it will only have a very short term effect.

My guess is the buy back and reselling could be a way to decrease the withdrawals of peds. The investor who have the 25 000 deeds probably withdraws most of the revenue. By buying back and resell them to other players, who probably use the peds from the deeds to play with inside EU, the hope to improve the deposit - withdrawal ratio a bit. And they creates more commitment to the game if more players owns land deeds, because a player that own a deed will not quit playing as easy as a player that doesn't own any deeds. Better to have 1 000 players with 5 deeds, than one with 5 000 deeds.

WHAT??????????

This is even more disturbing than recent loot changes. It simply undermines trust to company behind this game.

It seems like there was no mysterious buyer at all and this 25k deeds was simply transferred to one (or more) people working for MA.

If there would be, he/she would be able to sell all deeds for this price without any need of buyback and all this PR efforts.

Another issue is why MA AGAIN interfere with MU of items? Dumped shitload of unlimited items recently resulting in mu going down on almost all items, now CLDs...

So what is your next move MA? another 5k deeds dumped on auction in half a year to celebrate 1.5 year? maybe for 800 PED this time????????????????????????????????

Does this company really looking for a day when all paying players quit game??

..you must spread some rep before....

Exactly Tei. Until I get a clear proof that there *was* a mysterious buyer, for me it is clear there never was one. The only thing this "news" tells me is, that MA thinks of us as complete idiots who believe everything they tell us.

That an MA affiliate may or may not have bought shares is irrelevant. They still had to be purchased back from this affiliate. So what? What a person or group does with their money is their concern, not a community concern. The affiliate spent money, made money off and investment, and then sold some capital back to the originator, possibly at a small markup.

They've made money over the last 6 months off the shares, and now make a small amount of money again in selling in bulk. Sounds like smart investing to me.

It would be absolutely relevant because MA would have allowed all trades done since the initial sale to have been done in a false market. MA would have known that a large number of shares would be sold later at below market value. It may have been smart investing for them, but not everyone else, which is the focus of the complaints here.

Did all of the deeds that were to go in to loot every get looted already?

It would be absolutely relevant because MA would have allowed all trades done since the initial sale to have been done in a false market. MA would have known that a large number of shares would be sold later at below market value. It may have been smart investing for them, but not everyone else, which is the focus of the complaints here.

I think we have more to worry about from the players creating a false market than MindArk doing so. This thread alone has almost half a dozen different conspiracy theories and misinformation topics in it.

[h=2]Definition of 'False Market'[/h]A market where prices are manipulated and impacted by erroneous information, preventing the efficient negotiation of prices. These types of markets will often be marred by volatile swings because the true value of the market is clouded by the misinformation.[h=2][/h]When investors use inaccurate information to guide their decisions, they tend be irrational and over- or underreact to news. The illogical decisions made by these investors skew the market, causing the true value of a security to be misrepresented

Those who argue where the news should appear first, should remember that PCF isn't a bit more official MA source than any other EU-related site.
Q. Is this forum an official representation of MindArk?
A. No. The only 'official representations' of either MindArk or AR Universe are statements made by representatives of those companies (e.g. Kim|Calypso, David|MindArk, etc.), or statements shared in syndicated news feeds from the official Entropia Universe or Planet Calypso websites (usually automatically posted by BerthaBot).

For example, here the news did appear even earlier than on MSM, so MA just had sent out press-releases to anyone interested. If MA wasn't in a hurry to post the news on their own site, or Bertha wasn't fast enough to scrape it for PCF, it's really not a fault of the other news sites.

Do I understand right? The mysterious investor of the 25K CLDs decided to sell 5000 of them at 1150 PED instead of 1300 PED?

Why would anyone want to lose 750 KPED that fast? :scratch2:

Do I understand right? The mysterious investor of the 25K CLDs decided to sell 5000 of them at 1150 PED instead of 1300 PED?

Easy, quick and no fees. Selling 5000 would take some time and work, and you can't guarantee he could sell them all for 1300 ped in a short time.

I think we have more to worry about from the players creating a false market than MindArk doing so. This thread alone has almost half a dozen different conspiracy theories and misinformation topics in it.

[h=2]Definition of 'False Market'[/h]A market where prices are manipulated and impacted by erroneous information, preventing the efficient negotiation of prices. These types of markets will often be marred by volatile swings because the true value of the market is clouded by the misinformation.[h=2][/h]When investors use inaccurate information to guide their decisions, they tend be irrational and over- or underreact to news. The illogical decisions made by these investors skew the market, causing the true value of a security to be misrepresented

For sure couse MA never made said ALL cld's were sold

Lose? What did he lose? He bought them for 1K each and sold them for 1150 each.

Was exactly my question in the thread that Mindstar started (then Bertha, then Serica started one and lastly that useless Newsbot managed to appear as well...). This makes the whole thing fishy in my eyes, but listen to some of the wiseguys mumbling about "false market information" and MU regaining after some time (fat chance MU will return to previous levels if investor confidence is nil and payouts slowly are decreasing)

It's just like with RL stock market. Imagine you have 5k deeds and you want to sell them really fast. "Really fast" means you can't put them in 10-50 batches for 1300 BO during a week or two. And if you put them all on auction at once, the MU will drop down to 1200 or even 1100 long before they all are sold.

I don't say the investor really exists, it's just a possible and quite plausible explanation for what's happened.

Check auction history and calculate how "fast" would it be to sell 5k deeds.

That is indeed the suspicious part but I'm sure the fanboys have a perfect answer to that.

They keep dropping right now, saw 2 in the last hour, one in hunting and one in crafting.

and... so... uh... hmm.... interesting...

It's just like with RL stock market. Imagine you have 5k deeds and you want to sell them really fast. "Really fast" means you can't put them in 10-50 batches for 1300 BO during a week or two. And if you put them all on auction at once, the MU will drop down to 1200 or even 1100 long before they all are sold.

I don't say the investor really exists, it's just a possible and quite plausible explanation for what's happened.

just did a copy paste from the other thread:

Why would the "private investor" sell them back? There was a seller for the last couple months selling big batches (20, 50, 100, can't remember his name, should still be seen on auction) and I guess that's the person who was the big investor, why would said person decide suddenly to give up on the average profit of 150-300ped profit per deed?
well he is not listing any longer :) any1 remember the name (not really important)

Reading first sentence of your post spawned some dark vision in my mind....

What if 'mysterious investor' know about some upcoming changes, foreseeing how it will influence game and simply decide to prevent huge loss. Just like rats abandoning ship before it sinks....

Reactions: das
just did a copy paste from the other thread:

Why would the "private investor" sell them back? There was a seller for the last couple months selling big batches (20, 50, 100, can't remember his name, should still be seen on auction) and I guess that's the person who was the big investor, why would said person decide suddenly to give up on the average profit of 150-300ped profit per deed?
well he is not listing any longer :) any1 remember the name (not really important)

John MaximumOverdrive Hammer I think his name was.

His deeds were probably selling too slowly for him at the markup he was asking. The listing fees were probably also cutting into his margin, esp if he had to relist items multiple times.

And a withdrawal fee would eat into margins further.

Put this all together with a time investment on the part of the individual, and the sale of small batches of deeds can be a daunting and rather costly task.

This bulk sale may have just made more sense to the seller.

It smells like fraud on so many levels.It opens the door for those top players who have been selling all thier uber gear and getting out of hunting so they can buy land and cld's aka Star Mercury.Maybe they were given the option after the rug was pulled out from under thier investment?

John MaximumOverdrive Hammer I think his name was.

His deeds were probably selling too slowly for him at the markup he was asking. The listing fees were probably also cutting into his margin, esp if he had to relist items multiple times.

And a withdrawal fee would eat into margins further.

Put this all together with a time investment on the part of the individual, and the sale of small batches of deeds can be a daunting and rather costly task.

This bulk sale may have just made more sense to the seller.

Thanks for the name, that's the guy.

I find these pretty weak assumptions, buyers of that magnitude would contact him directly, logging twice a day for 5 minutes ain't really work, listing and withdrawal fee still less than the loss on unrealized profit. And lets remember he bought 25k CLDs...

I think i know whats going on. When they placed all CLDS on auction before they pretty much stoped selling, so they simply said "random investor" bought the rest, to make us think it was a huge hit. then they kept selling clds at an increased price (if you noticed the investor ben selling clds constantly at prices over 1k each since he "bought" them). now MA needs moneyz for xmass bonuses so they sell off a bunch for extra cheap.

All CLDs were never sold, they're simply keepin on selling them. 6 months after first buy people are ready to deposit again to "invest". We'll prolly see this in another 6-9 months or so is my bet.

I think i know whats going on. When they placed all CLDS on auction before they pretty much stoped selling, so they simply said "random investor" bought the rest, to make us think it was a huge hit.

That a very serious accusation to make.

Not only that, but I seem to remember the CLDs going fast even just before this big sale happened (not to mention that the markup would fall, not rise, if no more people were ready to invest).

That a very serious accusation to make.

Not only that, but I seem to remember the CLDs going fast even just before this big sale happened (not to mention that the markup would fall, not rise, if no more people were ready to invest).

IMO there's nothing that could be considered a "serious accusation" toward MA or its affiliates. They have no honor nor credibility.

From the admittedly little i know of the whole CLD history, this is Occam's explanation.

Sounds to me like someone wanted a quick sale and MA bought it. Personal auction house.

I do think though that is cool they are giving it back, there were many who missed out on them, due to that big last buy.

And monopolies suck, more diverse owners is good.

I will say that the media aspect is a little concerning to me too.
Here we have a new news team announcement, and then we see someone undercutting the forums own team, posting a link to a nearly exact copy of the PRNewswire report, and claim that they get information before anyone else.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mindark-buys-back-calypso-land-deeds-175948661.html

vs

http://mindstarmedia.com/?p=4304

I mean really its one paragraph separated into two, and one altered sentence.

Which is undermining a current news team, who had an original actually written to the end, report. While there seems to be inaccurate claim of news 1st with MSmedia.

Message from MindArk's PR agency

Hi all,

Some of you know me as I've commented on various forums over the last three years, but for those that don't I'm the President of the agency that MindArk and Planet Calypso use for public relations. My staff and I run through the planets as "TractionPR" showing media around and getting news out. Any news Mindstar gets is from us, if it's early. I want to jump in here to explain a few things and hopefully calm some folks down. We began working with Mindstar a few months back when I was introduced to her through David at Arkadia. She is known as a fair and thorough reporter of events on all planets and has far deeper player contacts than I ever will. She is our best way to reach directly into the player base and get information to those of you not reading the other mainstream news sites we hit. As such we all thought it best to give players a leg up on the non-players. In other words she gets the news to you an hour early while the rest of the world waits. This was my decision and was done to show that we value players time and attention. Mindstar is not getting any type of unfair player advantage here and is not given news that isn't approve for release. She is journalist that we help, because she helps all of you for free.

It also could be as simple as Ma could have had an option of buying back a certain amount of deeds for a beforehand determined price , like a loan from an outside investor.

Its nothing special about that , the investor surely paid with lent money and now has earned some and is adjusting his investment.

he still made a net profit of 150 / deeds + one years payments . beats the stockmarket anyday

And I will buy more. As seeing my funds and stocks in rl go +- 0 every year and just feed the Bank system withtheir fees , i rather feed someone that makes a game that I like.

TAC

PS could any mod Please splitt this thread as the Mindstar threads dont have anything to do with the deeds , its a total diff subject , not that it isnt important ,but still a diff topic

Perhaps there was a Deal with the Orginal buyer To buy back these deeds????

I think it is good that the cooperation between the 2 people was agreeable perhaps the buy back price was 115$ each?

Either way this is a very good thing and to be honest Smart.

now people who WANTED CLDS at a good price have a Chance again.

Now if there was another buy back again i would be .. worried... cause i believe the 'main' investor should sell his own through the market using the system?

Anyways in my eyes this is all good... and i am sure both parties in the buy back won. so maybe they paid 110$ for such a big amount... perhaps that owner of all the deeds also needed 550,000 $? so 110 and no fees of exchange of money and probably MUCH faster withdraw?

pretty amazing investement in a short amount of time if you tell me ... and to allow another and hopfully last chance to get these deeds at a decent Price and Enjoy some of the benefits of owning them. :)

peace and GL

Hi all,

Some of you know me as I've commented on various forums over the last three years, but for those that don't I'm the President of the agency that MindArk and Planet Calypso use for public relations. My staff and I run through the planets as "TractionPR" showing media around and getting news out. Any news Mindstar gets is from us, if it's early. I want to jump in here to explain a few things and hopefully calm some folks down. We began working with Mindstar a few months back when I was introduced to her through David at Arkadia. She is known as a fair and thorough reporter of events on all planets and has far deeper player contacts than I ever will. She is our best way to reach directly into the player base and get information to those of you not reading the other mainstream news sites we hit. As such we all thought it best to give players a leg up on the non-players. In other words she gets the news to you an hour early while the rest of the world waits. This was my decision and was done to show that we value players time and attention. Mindstar is not getting any type of unfair player advantage here and is not given news that isn't approve for release. She is journalist that we help, because she helps all of you for free.

Thanks for the fire extinguishing, but I believe this is the least of the communities problem. The fact itself that CLDs were "redistributed" is the main concern....

Reactions: das
Back