Help: Option to remove mob corpses immediately

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Dear devs.

This "mob corpses not disappearing after looted" is another new feature which I am sure no serious hunter asked for & appreciates. It is yet another addition to the list of things which just makes it more difficult to hunt eventually decreasing your revenue from the grinders.
  • Day and night cycle that makes places too dark to see mobs
  • Mobs pushing us around or covering us with their long noses, making life difficult for healers
  • Terrain detail that makes the game lag, grass that hides mobs
  • Mobs getting spawned inside objects which have no functional value
  • special effects that decrease the performance
  • armor defects due to improving their looks
Would you please stop these "improvements" and rather try to make the base activities less frustrating?
At least add option to disable them.
Thank you.

I agree! _____

Dear devs.

This "mob corpses not disappearing after looted" is another new feature which I am sure no serious hunter asked for & appreciates. It is yet another addition to the list of things which just makes it more difficult to hunt eventually decreasing your revenue from the grinders.
  • Day and night cycle that makes places too dark to see mobs
  • Mobs pushing us around or covering us with their long noses, making life difficult for healers
  • Terrain detail that makes the game lag, grass that hides mobs
  • Mobs getting spawned inside objects which have no functional value
  • special effects that decrease the performance
  • armor defects due to improving their looks
Would you please stop these "improvements" and rather try to make the base activities less frustrating?
At least add option to disable them.
Thank you.

Thank you for this. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that this is not features. I play with objects quality at Low just to get the annoying terrain details away and the other things I can't remove :(

I can assure MA that there is not many that would care for effects after the mob is dead and the loot is yours. Then all you want to do is to start shooting the next one as quick as possible :)

I agree.

But as a friend suggested last night, maybe its a step towards taming or some other thing.

No doubt its anoying as hell and i wouldnt be surprised if it was implemented for no reason at all. But in this case i think and hope there might be a reason.

cheers

I cannot agree more

there are a bunch of mobs I can't hunt due to terain; just because they are too small to be visible. So half calypso I have to avoid.

And the night-time is crap. I kinda loved the continual daylight of PE times. Always sun and always day. It kinda brought me in a good mood all the time. Especially at winter, when it's cold and dark IRL.
I miss continual daylight.

Why did MA do all these alterations that make the game less enjoyable. Yes, it's cool and nice to make screenshots, but it's unplayable.

For example, I like the corinth mission; but thats a part of the map that is gone for hunting. You can only follow the paths or use a vtol to fly over the crappy mountains.

Sometimes I ask what vision MA/FPC have about the future of the game. Do they want to make some kind of unplayable eye-candy instead of a fun sandbox type of game.
If so, they will continue to lose more and more old players drawn in to the sandbox model and gain very few new players because, although looking nice; they don't have the means to make enough eye candy to compete with other games. And the market of those games is overcrowded already.

Atleast give us the option to turn off all the freaking eyecandy. I don't want grass popping up in the distance while I walk or big firns obscuring my view. I don't want to move around a corps to be able to tag my next mob and I absolutely hate places where I need a vtol to move around.

the LOD of trees is pure crap (at new swis for example). at sakura a road to tp is visible/invisible depending on camera mode. grass popping up in front of you on many places (is game engine rendering, and ridiculed by many players of many games that uses this technology)
crappy mountain chains that are unpassable; athena spaceport is a nightmare...

You know, it all started on that day I walked into a tree and instead of running through it, I smacked my head against it. it was called :cry: engine, and now we know why. it made for a crysis in EU, and I still don't get why gamebryo was not chosen. I liked the gamebryo engine, it was quite good graphics wise; not the best; but I don't espect eye candy in an MMO, I expect gameplay. If I want eye candy, I play one of those million single player games with a 15h story line, game designers make these days (DMC,...)

now, I regret that this is not the way MA/FPC sees it; but I hope atleast they do something to improve the actual playing of the game.

:twocents:

Since they removed the targeting from corpses on the mini patch, it doesn't seem like it's something to do with taming. They probably plan to add some more gradual disappearing effect for the mob like being swallowed by the ground or something.

One thing is for sure, it makes hunting very annoying, twice I had to return to loot some mobs I thought I had already looted :scratch2:

I agree,

Especially when the dead body is bigger than the avatar, then it's just a unwanted obstacle which have no function :wise:

:twocents:

I'll wait to see how hunting looks after the 17th December patch, but I do agree that I do find myself checking the corpse to see if I looted or not, and I don't mow down the numbers some do with their advanced weaponry.

Could cause a big headache with the upcoming Merry Mayhem.

I'll wait to see how hunting looks after the 17th December patch, but I do agree that I do find myself checking the corpse to see if I looted or not, and I don't mow down the numbers some do with their advanced weaponry.

Could cause a big headache with the upcoming Merry Mayhem.

I'm sick of waiting; every frigging VU we have to wait till the bugs get fixed, the loot gets normalized and the "features" get redrawn.
It's neither benificial for MA nor the player.

My wishes for 2014 are less VU's; and consulting the playerbase before implementing stuff.

I can't disagree more.

I'd rather wait and see it's purpose than making rash decisions like asking for this to be removed.

Guess you're not hunting then or not hunting mobs that are bigger than your avatar. Besides, I am asking for an option to remove them, so what's the reason to disagree?
P.S. you're still waiting for the purpose of day night cycle as well right?
I can't disagree more.

I can't disagree more.

I'd rather wait and see it's purpose than making rash decisions like asking for this to be removed.

You got a point as we don't have a clue to purpose yet.
But instead of implementing it now; they should have waited to implement it completely; when it has a purpose

It reminds of me of high way workers barricading a road months before actually doing squat.

It's like a painter comming to paint one wall; and comes to paint the others a month later. I cannot stand this mentality from anyone. If you start something, finish it, or wait till you have the resources/time to finish it in one go. Doing this half is what is wrong with this world. It is the mentality of losers.

So if there is a reason to it, implement it when it is done. It might be the coolest thing ever; but now it is frustration all over. And when it is implemented, instead of getting a "wow, cool, nice feature, wtg"; you get a "bah, so that annoying shit actually has a reason"

Yesterday on another planet it was quite annoying to have the corpses of a particular mob on the ground for long.
If you use a small range weapon (±30m or so) and the corpse is so big you have to run a while to get out of it (and don't see where the next one is), it is very hard to kill the next mob.

Unless you use a rifle (or some other long range weap such as FG MF chip) you do not have the range to hunt well in nearby clusters of huge mobs anymore. Great way to miss out on most of the big shared mobs...

lucky; hunting trask with riffle is equally annoying; so is prot.
Ambu corpses luckely stay low. but some bulky mobs are annoying as heck now.

I agree.

I don't mind that they "change" things, but this is ridiculous. Don't implement 50% !
And why not focus on the bugs and systems that don't work ?

Is this an agile approach where only 'small' changes are possible within the development window and the big chunks never get addressed ?

Welcome to the testserver 2. :)
They probably drop parts of features in a early VU to see it's effect when used in
a larger amount, since it could be hard or even impossible to see in a ordinary testserver.

As mentioned, would be nice to know why they implement certain features (or parts of
them), but I doubt we get that info too easy... ;)

Guess you're not hunting then or not hunting mobs that are bigger than your avatar. Besides, I am asking for an option to remove them, so what's the reason to disagree?
P.S. you're still waiting for the purpose of day night cycle as well right?

What your asking for is a feature that will most likely be redundant before it is even developed. Seems useless and a waste of time in developing a feature that's going to end up being scrapped.

Why would it be scrapped? Well one reason is we should all have to play under the same rules. Let me put it differently, it's like saying give us an option to have no decay on our weapons. If such an option existed it would be stupid because we would all choose no decay. So what looks like an option is rather silly if everyone is going to choose the same option. So effectively what your asking for is removal of dead mobs without even knowing their purpose.

Once we know their purpose for a fact then would it make sense to have this option? I think not for reasons I mentioned above. That option would be meaningless like giving us an option to to remove decay. Well not quite the same but I hope you get the point...

i totally agree,

hardcore grinders dont need day/night.( i too got good mood from the always sunshiny old calypso)..grass....mobs laying around..or other graphical enhancements

i bet most like me could care less also about storyline,it only costs me time to read so i dont miss out on some hints regarding hunting

in fact,for deviaters,its probably this simple what highvolume hunters want..

if an new implementation interferes with the hunter and the shortest/fastest way to next mob...thne dont implement it ;)

Talking about development practices (agile or not).
  • New features and bugfixes should have a list where population would be able to vote on the importance.
  • People from MA deciding on the features should spend some time ingame doing the main activities, it would help them to understand the frustrations. I liked MA avatars ingame, Charles etc. Guess eating their own dog food was not such a fun experience.
Is this an agile approach where only 'small' changes are possible within the development window and the big chunks never get addressed ?

Exactly, I think the mob corpses not disappearing is a "feature that will most likely be redundant before it is even developed" since I suspect it's just another one of those "try to make this game look more like real life" kind of things. Looking at the empty insides of the big mobs textures 99% of the shooting is already realistic as f..k :)
Play under the same rules? This has never been the case and never will be.
* people closer to the datacenters have quicker connection speed, no way to even that out
* people playing with safe graphic settings also an unfair advantage? because it removes things preventing to hunt more efficiently. essentially what I am asking is the same, remove them in lower graphics settings is fine for me.
Decay and graphical nonsense is two completely different change scopes.
What your asking for is a feature that will most likely be redundant before it is even developed. Seems useless and a waste of time in developing a feature that's going to end up being scrapped.

Why would it be scrapped? Well one reason is we should all have to play under the same rules.

Agree 100% with OP - extremely frustrating change.

If this change was purely aesthetic, it's one of the worst in recent memory. If it was done with some idea of skinning or otherwise salvaging corpses, either make the corpse remain optional, much (MUCH) shorter in duration, or at the very least allow us to shoot through the carcass if it is to remain obnoxiously blocking our screen, for whatever brilliant reason. The latter is one of the few remaining technique divides among participants in competitive events such as Most Loot events and Merry Mayhem.

Really really frustrating, and a big part of why my activity has gone downward since implementation...

:) then we have to agree to disagree with each other. I don't think it's a redundant feature.

well i think it was like that:

on 9 of december 2013

Dev1: hey man tomorrow we suppost to give new VU
Dev2: What? We wont think anything new in one day?
Dev1: okkk, dont panick, we didnt do anything durning all month but if we make something that ppl will see right away it will give that kind of feeling
Dev2: yea, but what we can do?
Dev1: ok i have idea! lets spread lines of chat and change font, players will see that right away
Dev2: thats great! but its just not enough...
Dev1: hmmm....
Dev2: ok now i have nice idea! lets make mobs corpses not disapear after looting it..
Dev1: great now we have something for new VU!

* people playing with safe graphic settings also an unfair advantage? because it removes things preventing to hunt more efficiently. essentially what I am asking is the same, remove them in lower graphics settings is fine for me.
Decay and graphical nonsense is two completely different change scopes.

What if they implemented a "hunter" button that allowed us to play with everything at very high and still get the graphical nonsense removed. For all I care all mobs could look like boxes of 1x1x1m, stand still at the ground when they reach you and only have a name/maturity on it so we could see what to shoot. This would also avoid this annoying animations that makes the gun stop if using move to target or gun miss if not using move to target (example could be mind reavers and other thin/small mobs with a lot of movement).

Well, I'll say this, for me dense spawns are out because of the new corpse feature, because I can't stand having several dead mobs around me while trying to kill another... So I am very much done with any grindings missions for now.... Maybe they will go somewhere with this, maybe not.... right now though it does not make any sense to me...

I agree, remove this delay on carcasses disappearing. It makes hunting annoying. Why not fix some actual bugs instead of creating this new annoyance!

This idea have my full support!

Yes please.

And stop making changes that (supposedly) add realism at the expense of gameplay. A well designed game does the exact opposite.

Contrary to popular opinion on these forums, as a long time hunter I actually enjoy this change although I can see how others may be frustrated. I think if the time was reduced to 10-15 sec instead of 30 it'd be a different story unless skinning or some sort of profession is spawned from this.

Edit: I must add however that it upsets me that development time was spent on this rather than fixing long time bugs that have been requested to be fixed the community. An example is clothing and or taming along with a laundry list of other things that I feel should take priority over these small add ins.

Have to agree, I was coming on to start a thread asking why on earth this change was made as I can't imagine anyone asked for it :eyecrazy:

I guess it must lead on to some spectacular new feature or eyecandy which will draw in the masses no doubt in the near future.

For now it just pisses me off and plays havoc with my OCD I need to click the mobs like 13 times to make sure :mad:

Back