What the duck is WSS?

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
Really, I hear people whinning they win all the events about the terminator; they want to radar enabled to be able to pk better in PVP4 and what-other nonsense.

Who is Why so Serious; and why are all these people so serious about why so serious?

As far as I can see, they are just like M2S, DOA and now renamed themself to WWS? Just the same people with high skills I guess.

Is there any more reason to wine about WWS then m2s, doa and the likes?

Yes they are basically m2s/doa with some cccp and some others and here are some reasons people might complain about them.

LG: They have controlled all landgrab areas for a while now and also get support from a few warants when needed. It is basically impossible to take the lands worth fighting for away from them because if they get attacked by big numbers they have many people stand in safe area ready to jump in circle when needed. Lag/crashes makes it near impossible to stay organized with big numbers while attacking them as well.

MM: They share the terminator (as well as some other items) around now during mayhem events and even people getting the 25% loot bonus still couldn't beat the terminator dps. If you look at this last mayhem you can see 8+ top prizes were won by using it (not to mention halloween mayhem etc which more prizes were won). Have to admit that's bit too unbalanced and silly that it's possible to win so many.

Those are the main things I hear. There is also less talked about stuff like for months on CP there were server resets in the new hive area and each time bosses were spawned. They seemed to know exactly when to log in for them and get most mutated bones. Thankfully now MA changed that so they don't spawn like that.
They also have some members that love to play innocent and say they never exploit and accuse many others of many exploits as well as complain about people mob training in pvp when they have done it a lot themselves.

It is basically impossible to take the lands worth fighting for away from them because if they get attacked by big numbers they have many people stand in safe area ready to jump in circle when needed.

Big LOL at this statement. The only reason you guys hasn't defeated us in LG is because you won't bother to show up, nothing else.

Standing on claim is far superior compared to standing in safe zone and wait, since you are less vulnerable to rockets when standing close to eachother. My experience is that people stand there when afk etc. Last time at LG when you complained about that, we stood there because you wouldn't destroy mcr, and there was no reason for us to fight you.

Creating circular arguments is not intellectual...

Big LOL at this statement. The only reason you guys hasn't defeated us in LG is because you won't bother to show up, nothing else.

Standing on claim is far superior compared to standing in safe zone and wait, since you are less vulnerable to rockets when standing close to eachother. My experience is that people stand there when afk etc. Last time at LG when you complained about that, we stood there because you wouldn't destroy mcr, and there was no reason for us to fight you.

......We dont show up because there is no point in fighting you because we wont win theres an imbalance...the only reason we win is because you dont show up...We dont show up because there is no point in fighting you because we wont win theres an imbalance...the only reason we win is because you dont show up...etc, etc...

Bottom line...there is an imbalance...I imagine theres lots of people who have money to invest in game and if there was a store that sold terminators many would sell and MA would make money and the complaining would switch sides real quick...

Brick

Well that time was pretty hilarious. Only like 3 of us came to fort and you guys had 10 on claim and 10 in safe spot. But anyways I'm just answering why some might complain about WSS. Don't make it seem like it happened just that one time. When we have formed big attacks safe area was used as well. We had a 50+ people team a couple months ago and couldn't reset WSS due at least partly from that although I admit biggest factor was from lag/crashes hurting us. And you wonder why less people participating?

......We dont show up because there is no point in fighting you because we wont win theres an imbalance...the only reason we win is because you dont show up...We dont show up because there is no point in fighting you because we wont win theres an imbalance...the only reason we win is because you dont show up...etc, etc...

Bottom line...there is an imbalance...I imagine theres lots of people who have money to invest in game and if there was a store that sold terminators many would sell and MA would make money and the complaining would switch sides real quick...

Brick

Not sure who you are or anything... I was talking about LG, nothing else. Have you even been there? You think the Terminator makes such a huge difference in LG?

Well that time was pretty hilarious. Only like 3 of us came to fort and you guys had 10 on claim and 10 in safe spot. But anyways I'm just answering why some might complain about WSS. Don't make it seem like it happened just that one time. When we have formed big attacks safe area was used as well. We had a 50+ people team a couple months ago and couldn't reset WSS due at least partly from that although I admit biggest factor was from lag/crashes hurting us. And you wonder why less people participating?

The lag hurt us as well, and if you were close to reset, are you sure it wasn't because our guys got DC'ed? It goes both ways. I think everyone agrees that lag sucks, but it's not as if WSS has anything to do about it.

And I guess we agree to disagree about the safe spot thingy, gl.

Brm...

Not sure who you are or anything... I was talking about LG, nothing else. Have you even been there? You think the Terminator makes such a huge difference in LG?

The lag hurt us as well, and if you were close to reset, are you sure it wasn't because our guys got DC'ed? It goes both ways. I think everyone agrees that lag sucks, but it's not as if WSS has anything to do about it.

And I guess we agree to disagree about the safe spot thingy, gl.

...understood what my comment meant and I dont know him from Adam...do you need to know someone to understand a point? I can understand that one gun doesnt make the total difference in a LG but its the totality of the opponent that BigRed is referring to as I understand it...my general knowledge of LG is that basically its a huge waste of peds if there is any fight at all...and if there is no chance of winning what is the point of showing up...pretty basic...I personally have no interest in wasting peds for PK...I heard BRMs argument and it is valid...

Brick

Actually...

The spirit of champions!

...if there was a spirit of champions...if the champions outmatched the opponents so clearly and effectively time after time after time and life or death is not on the line in reality just some peds...a true 'spirit of champions' would lead the champions to say,"Hey, this isnt any fun anymore. Our opponents apparently dont feel it is any fun anymore if the outcome is predetermined. In the spirit of competition or 'champions'...why dont we split up our forces into two relatively equal team and fight it out...best team wins?" That would show the true spirit of champions...

Brick

The spirit of champions!
Kinda have to agree with this. If your enemy is steadfast and undefeated then throw convention out the door and outsmart them. Victory is for those who don't know the words fear, can't, or quit.

Or come to the gates with 100 more then them. :yup:

...if there was a spirit of champions...if the champions outmatched the opponents so clearly and effectively time after time after time and life or death is not on the line in reality just some peds...a true 'spirit of champions' would lead the champions to say,"Hey, this isnt any fun anymore. Our opponents apparently dont feel it is any fun anymore if the outcome is predetermined. In the spirit of competition or 'champions'...why dont we split up our forces into two relatively equal team and fight it out...best team wins?" That would show the true spirit of champions...

Brick

Would be awesome if they at half time in the superbowl now split up and mixed the teams a bit if the score was not even.

Your analogy is only valid...

Would be awesome if they at half time in the superbowl now split up and mixed the teams a bit if the score was not even.

...if the SeaHawk QB was an android with 100% pass efficiency and their offensive line was all 500 pound gorillas...and they were playing a NCAA division 3 college team...under those circumstances the Seahawks 'spirit of champions or competition' would cause them to say lets split up into fairly equal teams and make it fun...you cant be that dense? But nice try... :)

Additionally, if the NFL Superbowl consisted of one team winning 20 times in a row and there was established and well-recognized reasons why one side had an advantage over the other...I guarantee they would address it in rules change to make it an even playing field...

Brick

Last edited:

If it's about fairness, if there is a non-pvp-enabled spot, it should either be known publicly, or not used.

I don't Think there is supposed to be a spot within 30 seconds of running from claim guard zone where a defending Group can "stock up" players to make the reset grace time practically longer than intended.

For same reason, this should also apply to afk people. A Group who's actively fighting is supposed to be able to take care of themselves, and if going afk, either ask others to leave them alone, rely on others defending them, hide in a place "far away" where they're unlikely to be found (like inside the wall corridors), or if they don't want to risk getting shot at at all, T to revival and wait there.

I can't see why a top level pvp society shuold take advantage of things like "safe spots".

Really, I hear people whinning they win all the events about the terminator; they want to radar enabled to be able to pk better in PVP4 and what-other nonsense.

Who is Why so Serious; and why are all these people so serious about why so serious?

As far as I can see, they are just like M2S, DOA and now renamed themself to WWS? Just the same people with high skills I guess.

they hate wss bec they win all the time LG,events etc. ofc who are the whinners the losers.:D

1) People are begging for an item lending system for ages, so what exactly is wrong with friends sharing uber equipment? Its in limited stock, not everyone can afford it, not everyone wants to sell theirs, therefore its being shared. If we talk about the terminator I'm actually amazed it only started to happen fairly recently and not 5 (or more) years ago.

2) Whats the problem with people making a big fun society? Do you people actually prefer 10 smaller uber socs which do not talk with each other and making insults? Its actually nice that people get together in a pk community. Besides, there are a lot of hard working people in there too (some of whom I know personally). So its not just pre-gold ubers who bought equipment for pennies and skilled up before nerfs. Many of the great pkers are actually relatively "new" players.

3) Yes, LG isn't great (lags, bugs (did they ever fix tanks?), crashes etc. etc.), but surely it isn't WSS fault. I can't really remember there has ever been a well balanced and good LG. When it was first introduced - high hp+mod fap+eon = godmode. When it was revived it was slightly better with LRs, rockets and limited pk armor, but still had many problems. Forts hasn't really worked that well either.

its all about Batman bro

I dont really get this thread.

Don't think its really a surprise that the skilled active players with decent equip tend to dominate LG.
Also dont think its much of a surprise that decent skilled/equipped players group together.

I dont really get this thread.

Don't think its really a surprise that the skilled active players with decent equip tend to dominate LG.
Also dont think its much of a surprise that decent skilled/equipped players group together.

problem is that they cannot be in wss , that is porblem :)

since one and only requirement to wss is be a active player and nice man irl :) or woman better :)

2 Questions :

How many active pvp society are there and how big is WWS in force.

(ps. we can't blame em for holding all LG's, if there is no competition to take it from em, let em have it).

Cant resist :D

First of all, so much jelousy and love around eh?

....When we have formed big attacks safe area was used as well....

Come one man, those safe zones was made on purpose. U know why? Do u remember all BA spaming wehicles on claimd during every LG? Well, making safe zones is easy way to avoid BA using at least one exploit cause MA staff just can't stay online every LG. Just a thoughts
Cheers

First of all, so much jelousy and love around eh?

Come one man, those safe zones was made on purpose. U know why? Do u remember all BA spaming wehicles on claimd during every LG? Well, making safe zones is easy way to avoid BA using at least one exploit cause MA staff just can't stay online every LG. Just a thoughts
Cheers

Everyone stopped using vehicles on claim before WSS even existed after kim & Co. started policing LG

I think the real problem here is that MA needs to fix LG...

Lang Grab was always an EPIC event

And now, not so much

Everyone stopped using vehicles on claim before WSS even existed after kim & Co. started policing LG

Not sure when what happened, but digging in memory, the name of WSS was "Winterfell" Before it became WSS.

Not sure when what happened, but digging in memory, the name of WSS was "Winterfell" Before it became WSS.

That's right. Winterfell was made by Jon Moe Snow and Poker. They then decided to make a new soc with a new name: WhySoSerious. Then some members from DoA joined, then some from CCCP, then some more from DoA. But the original members - or founding members of WhySoSerious - were Winterfell members, who were pkers from a range of different socs.

When I joined entropia BA (almost two years ago) was in similiar situation (without the irl skills or the ingame skills) but by numbers and I was told to many times that beating BA in full force was impossible.

Still today BA has 3x the force allying with CK & Art of War and basicly recruiting any pk that nobody wants.

Problem is like many irl issues the funds for the gear.

BA does not like to spend to much and high tier weapons and armors and faps ofcourse beats numbers in todays pvp. If you add total value on gear + skill MU i think WSS is valued 10x more even tho your size is 3 x more.. go figure the problem and then we just leave the pvp skill out of the equation to be nice :)

A major problem in first few LGs I remember was Laban sitting in Quad surrounded by ton of vehicles back then, this is a problem Kim removed (ty kim for that) and so much other issues he has set straight to make game fair.

If you think the numbers or lag is the issue i'm sure WSS new general would love to fight any BA 1 on 1 for the claim in any pvp zone to make a statement that one fed soldier is stronger than ten hungry ;)

Last edited:
basicly recruiting any pk that nobody wants.

If you mean me, I know I suck in pvp. At the time back then I've only tried to help some old friends. I haven't been recruited by anyone.

Because of a soc change, and a percieved friendship, I've been neutral since I changed soc. Dunno now, though...

A major problem in first few LGs I remember was Laban sitting in Quad surrounded by ton of vehicles back then, this is a problem Kim removed (ty kim for that) and so much other issues he has set straight to make game fair.

Nah. I remember Laban pretty much running around at claim rod with sword(?), being able to take out most people running for him.

As for tons of vehicles, I Think also the "other" side have done it, even when they were labeled as CCCP etc. I remember at one the it wasn't just vehicles at claim rod, half of the fort looked like a junkyard. Same thing for running in tons of falxes.

One way to see it, as long as you (wss) practically are the kings of landgrab, why is there any reason for others to even try? And then, if noone tries, maybe there are other things (for others) to put their energy on than LG. After all it's you vs the "random pk:er noone wants".

Maybe LG needs some sort of revolution. Some change that might add some spark to it. Maybe if RX starts to fight to claim a land (maybe looking around during landgrabs if the defenders mostly seem to hang around in safe spot and drink coffee it's seens as a good opportunity for RX to Wake those guys up).

The option being, Another Alliance being formed by a core of strong players. From what I Heard. some strong players not in wss are in Alliance with wss anyway and probably won't fight for the "other" side.

Last edited:
If you mean me, I know I suck in pvp. At the time back then I've only tried to help some old friends. I haven't been recruited by anyone.

Because of a soc change, and a percieved friendship, I've been neutral since I changed soc. Dunno now, though...

Nah. I remember Laban pretty much running around at claim rod with sword(?), being able to take out most people running for him.

As for tons of vehicles, I Think also the "other" side have done it, even when they were labeled as CCCP etc. I remember at one the it wasn't just vehicles at claim rod, half of the fort looked like a junkyard. Same thing for running in tons of falxes.

One way to see it, as long as you (wss) practically are the kings of landgrab, why is there any reason for others to even try? And then, if noone tries, maybe there are other things (for others) to put their energy on than LG. After all it's you vs the "random pk:er noone wants".

Maybe LG needs some sort of revolution. Some change that might add some spark to it. Maybe if RX starts to fight to claim a land (maybe looking around during landgrabs if the defenders mostly seem to hang around in safe spot and drink coffee it's seens as a good opportunity for RX to Wake those guys up).

It depends when you mean, when I joined PK CK with foudil it was impossible to win, once we actually blew up all quads and got him dead and reset but then they brought in 200 mobs and killed us all with pitbulls.

And this I vouch for 100% and I fought alongside some people inside BA today (former pkck) that can retell this story i'm sure

This happened on weekly basis

I am not saying a LG should be a non contest win. But #1 should be to remove all "abuses" in any system presented and I am for active changes pro gaming

But i mean blaming us for the vehicles and mobtrains is just wierd when we did everything we can to get rid of them and drag the attention. (as in PK CK)

Most knew foudil was not a shy to fighting and mobtraining was not his cup of tea ...

For me I personally couldn't care more or less I am retiring as a PK profession to be a miner :) But I'd like to think my post is truthful and unbiased there is a reason why when i joined i joined pkck instead of BA

and AIA i never meant you or anyone in specific. I meant all these people who show up that you never heard of and run around with 1.0 dmg rockets etc.

Last edited:

That sounds terrible imo, LG should be between players, not between MA and players. Showing up to atleast try and fight would be a good start from you guys.

What's your avatar name btw?

Back