Curious change of hearts.

Status

Peezle

Prowler
Banned
Society
Meezle
Peezle Peez McPee
Since way back I have been arguing for more players, more invest in more players, and less focus on new development on planets. Not skill augmentation or such... though this is needed.

Now, all of a sudden, we have a flurry of threads and posts and angst over the lack of new players and I think this:

And now you see you are losing, not because you are crap, or broke, or lacking in gamer knowledge.

But because the lack of a player base is a basic endpoint of your gaming life.

Now yes, EU will probably survive, linger on, do something, even earn money for a few.

But it will not be a vibrant and fun and enduring legacy of the internet community.

Unless we have more players.

^ is the simple and end answer.

The sad thing is, people who would have learnt more, gained more ( not financially ) and done more are lost because the game decided it wanted to milk the cow, not the herd.

We have more players. Game is growing. So you can relax.

We have more players. Game is growing. So you can relax.

I would confidently say that is one of your random and unsupported statements.

Aliens Exist. God Exists.

etc etc

I would confidently say that is one of your random and unsupported statements.

Aliens Exist. God Exists.

etc etc

Listen to the latest Dobson interview on Normandie Radio.

Now one may argue that it is the just his unsubstantiated statement. But would I take his unsubstantiated statement over your unsubstantiated statement? Yeah.

Listen to the latest Dobson interview on Normandie Radio.

Now one may argue that it is the just his unsubstantiated statement. But would I take his unsubstantiated statement over your unsubstantiated statement? Yeah.

Normadie Radio is your source?

What about " I will say whatever I want radio?"

Please. I am not mocking you, just saying, think about your sources.

The point stands. I Love this game concept and hate its current application and leadership.

What about " I will say whatever I want radio?"

The point stands. I Love this game concept and hate its current application and leadership.
David Dobson. Google it. ;)

There's a slight chance u might find out your sources of information were lacking. Remote possibility i know. However, should this happen, what's your next move? I'm curious :)

David Dobson. Google it. ;)

There's a slight chance u might find out your sources of information were lacking. Remote possibility i know. However, should this happen, what's your next move? I'm curious :)

You discredited yourself with this 'source'

You are asking me to think crazy people count when real people?

You have a source who thinks nothing but nonesense, and why are you trying to defend this? what is the angle?

Besides this curious intervention, the real question remains.

MindArk, Calypso and Arkadia officials have said it through a variety of sources.

It is even included in MindArk's latest semi-annual financial report (which can be found on their website).

People can say all they want, for me the real indicator of number of actives is the global count sum in all professions. That's the closest thing to a valid indicator there is.
Hunting has stayed somewhat stable in last 3 years (steady increase), mining and crafting have gone down alot.
Total, I think stays around the same with seasonal changes.
Agreed we need more players, though it's not clear to me how MA/PPs can motivate someone with a limited budget to stay for a longer time, since the timespan for them to hold on to their peds is quite limited in the main professions.

People can say all they want, for me the real indicator of number of actives is the global count sum in all professions. That's the closest thing to a valid indicator there is.
Hunting has stayed somewhat stable in last 3 years (steady increase), mining and crafting have gone down alot.
Total, I think stays around the same with seasonal changes.
Yes, another good reliable source of information.
In this case both sources confirm each other. It's a major change of generations that's happening right now. Has been happening for quite some time probably. The previous Top100 fades away (not all of em but enough to speak about change of generations), there's a decrease in ped circulation, drop in number of globals/HoF's and above all, a major collapse for the prices of top level gear. Unless the sellers realize what's going on and manage to avoid panic.

At the same time the "baby-boom" is happening, right here right now. A new generation of players has arrived, is still arriving, bigger generation than the previous one.
So far, so good.

The interesting question is, what happens when they get hit by the lvl 50 shock, dramatic increase in the average cost to play. How many will survive, how many will leave?

My source is the CEO of the Ark PP speaking in an extended radio interview which is available for you to check for yourself. He claims there is growth in active player numbers both on Arkadia and Caly. Up to you whether you think he is credible. I can't make that decision for you.

Yep I understand where you are coming from but you are trying to support your position with assertions which (according to my source) don't appear to be correct.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Entropia is, and always has been, a niche product. As such, its never going to have a large number of players.

Recent changes have tried to make it more like a traditional MMO. Quests, items that are 'bound' to a character, boss mobs spawned by events or devs, etc.

But at the end of the day Entropia is a very expensive pay to play game and you'll never see a mass migration of new players unless that changes.

It could be that player base increased adding new planets, but this planets also take their cut so in the end as a end user it feels like it cost more to play.
200 more players and 20 more devs to support is not really an increase in my eyes.

Peezle, peezle, peezle. If you want more players, stop shouting at every turn that the game sucks. That's right, I know it's shocking and unbelievable but constant criticism (some might say trolling) on the forum does more to turn away new players than any other factor. Are you so deluded that you really think that posting "this game is dying" on the forums every week is helping to promote it? (Don't answer that).

The game is in a good state right now... if people would just stop whining about whatever pet feature or policy they wish would be implemented then prospective players might actually try out the game.

Peezle, peezle, peezle. If you want more players, stop shouting at every turn that the game sucks. That's right, I know it's shocking and unbelievable but constant criticism (some might say trolling) on the forum does more to turn away new players than any other factor. Are you so deluded that you really think that posting "this game is dying" on the forums every week is helping to promote it? (Don't answer that).

The game is in a good state right now... if people would just stop whining about whatever pet feature or policy they wish would be implemented then prospective players might actually try out the game.

I agree that people must stop criticizing the game and MA on forums and elsewhere, they must understand that this is a Game and not a tool to squeeze money to pay there Real Life bills like many would have thought after big risks those NEVERDIE and Treasure Island owner took.... Play this game as any other premium game and have fixed money to deposit into entropia according to your financial limits and maybe save up for special events like Birthday to celebrate etc...

Even NEVERDIE today would have been thinking about how to make Rocktropia profitable and grow player base but the hype which came with CND is not there with RT except the Real Estate model ND can take and sell towers of Shops and Houses to earn money...

Further thoughts regarding this are welcome....

At the same time the "baby-boom" is happening, right here right now. A new generation of players has arrived, is still arriving, bigger generation than the previous one.
So far, so good.

The interesting question is, what happens when they get hit by the lvl 50 shock, dramatic increase in the average cost to play. How many will survive, how many will leave?

Level 50 shock is well named.

I agree that people must stop criticizing the game and MA on forums and elsewhere, they must understand that this is a Game and not a tool to squeeze money to pay there Real Life bills like many would have thought after big risks those NEVERDIE and Treasure Island owner took.... Play this game as any other premium game and have fixed money to deposit into entropia according to your financial limits and maybe save up for special events like Birthday to celebrate etc..

I don't think the problem right now is extensive criticism. I think the problem is much more the lack of content and ideas and tools to make sure there is a balanced view on the game. Calypso and the forum needs to be revitalized. Or possibly we just need a new forum where people would be somewhat more motivated to post something alse than complaints.

MindArk should lower the global thresholds for mining and craft! This way it will look that even more players are playing the game! :laugh:

Less new players joining? That's funny! How about the medium players that MA decided to screw with all the loot cap added 1 year and a half ago?

Just give me one reason why I should depo in order to finish my Molisk Iron Challenge? (actually the max loot a molisk can drop is 500ped?)

I couldn't agree more with this post. Absolutely, stop with the multiple threads a week bashing MA with archaic mostly undecipherable nonsense. I'd say more on the matter but OP would fire back with the holier than thou childish "I'm right your wrong, idiot" response. Plus rep for the comment Neil.

Ugg, another Peezel thread

Seriously.... seriously :eek: Just cause you haven't figured out how to be financially savy in-'game'... doesn't give you the right nor the experience necessary to comment about the lack of this, the shortfalls of that, etc. How do i know?... Your constant reference to those not having any issues whatsoever.

If you'd spend more time calculating your rise to fame in EU other then trying to bash MA you may have or will be close to 'success'. All I see though is your rl lack of this and shortfalls of that :/ Instead of just reading my post like a big 'ol pile of insignificance... how bout you take a lil advice and see where it gets you?...

Get A Mentor >.< And if that is not helping due to other perhaps underlying situation that is not achievable in-'game'... then get a rl Life Coach.

Look, a LARGE part about this 'game is... it's about YOU, not them nor those people. I know you want it to be about others but it truly isn't. Choices about life or those pertaining to it in VR life, like running a business, handling your finances or just plain ol 'success', come from expertise. It took a long time and effort to get Blackgamma to where i wanted him to be... the key point?... 'it took me and my choices' time and effort.

Till you get your 'zone'... keep fit and have fun ppl!

MindArk should lower the global thresholds for mining and craft! This way it will look that even more players are playing the game! :laugh:

Less new players joining? That's funny! How about the medium players that MA decided to screw with all the loot cap added 1 year and a half ago?

Just give me one reason why I should depo in order to finish my Molisk Iron Challenge? (actually the max loot a molisk can drop is 500ped?)

how you know there is a loot cap and molisk can't drop more than 500 ped? your assumptions?

how you know there is a loot cap and molisk can't drop more than 500 ped? your assumptions?

Monster Total Loot #Globals Avg. Value Avg. Global/Day Top Loot
Molisk Young 1 760 PED 58 30.34 PED 1.93 187 PED
Molisk Adult 3 883 PED 93 41.75 PED 3.10 285 PED
Molisk Scout 4 359 PED 115 37.90 PED 3.83 281 PED
Molisk Gatherer 5 958 PED 133 44.80 PED 4.43 134 PED
Molisk Guardian 5 054 PED 117 43.20 PED 3.90 132 PED
Molisk Scavenger 2 174 PED 46 47.26 PED 1.53 102 PED
Molisk Raider 297 PED 4 74.25 PED 0.13 103 PED
Molisk Hunter 871 PED 4 217.75 PED 0.13 562 PED
Molisk Warrior 57 PED 1 57.00 PED 0.03 57 PED
Molisk Leader 167 PED 2 83.50 PED 0.07 96 PED

From a total of 573 globals on Molisk in the last 30 days, the max loot achieved was 562ped. That's fairly conclusive to me.

Peezle.. just log on and get a HoF, you will feel better.

Well i think the small mob loot cap is a problem myself. I myself have pretty much hunted nothing but small mobs all year with no hof nothing. And i ask myself do i really want to go to the bigger mobs knowing that its even more losses. Not to mention do i want to invest in kit to hunt them after my experience in hunting.

Not moaning about the loot system to much really but if you want people to start small and work their way up having small globals on small mobs and no chance of a hof doesn't encourage them. (Well me anyways)

I myself over this weekend did see on crafting any ways a rather large kick back for me crafting lvl 2 amps on condition (only reason i did something stupid like that was because my hunting loot was rather rubbish has been for a few months). But for my depo level and im sure theirs loads with smaller if i depo 2k ped im not gonna cycle it on young feffox because it last maybe 2 days then gone.

If you wanted to know my kickback on crafting it was +9 to 10k And iv cycled way way way more on hunting small mobs but with no globals nothing.

But anyways system kinda does work ok but a serious look is needed on this cap on small mobs.

Just my view

shaun

Well i think the small mob loot cap is a problem myself. I myself have pretty much hunted nothing but small mobs all year with no hof nothing.

shaun

There isnt a loot cap that applies to small mobs. There are multipliers based on the cost to kill.

What has changed, for mobs of all sizes, is that the chances of getting a maximum multiplier are significantly reduced. They are now VERY rare... as they should be. Now what happens is that same loot is broken up and spread out with more hofs between 500-5000 PED instead of being lumped all together for 1 person.

There isnt a loot cap that applies to small mobs. There are multipliers based on the cost to kill.

What has changed, for mobs of all sizes, is that the chances of getting a maximum multiplier are significantly reduced. They are now VERY rare... as they should be. Now what happens is that same loot is broken up and spread out with more hofs between 500-5000 PED instead of being lumped all together for 1 person.

I'm near 99% certain there is a maximum hp multiplier, and therefore a maximum loot. Additionally, I'm fairly certain that has been reduced. You never, ever see 5 digit atrox youngs, feffoids, armax, etc etc. "1k HP mobs". The only effect I see this having is reducing the numbers of people hunting "mid" level mobs, and increasing the number on "high" level mobs. In the short term this is a good strategy for MA, as hunting costs per hour increase. The downside? More pissed off players with 0 PED.

Hey ho, it's not my company.

Telling me rare lol amby mission done nothing above 300 to 400 ped, bokol 12k done the whole series of missions nothing above 110ped. But im sure im not the only one who has cycled like 60 to 80k ped on small mobs since july last year and not hit a 500ped - 5k. Rough figure on cycling btw But i know im in 6digits depo since july last year ped wise.

P.s 572ped global i got this month wasnt a small mob

I'm near 99% certain there is a maximum hp multiplier, and therefore a maximum loot. Additionally, I'm fairly certain that has been reduced. You never, ever see 5 digit atrox youngs, feffoids, armax, etc etc. "1k HP mobs". The only effect I see this having is reducing the numbers of people hunting "mid" level mobs, and increasing the number on "high" level mobs. In the short term this is a good strategy for MA, as hunting costs per hour increase. The downside? More pissed off players with 0 PED.

Just to clarify, again, in the last month Atrox across all maturities have had 4495 globals:

http://www.entropialife.com/ViewMob.aspx?M=85

The highest loot has been 1708 PED. Where is the element of "jackpot"? As over all those Atrox globals I can guarantee there will have been a single digit amount of interesting item loots (and yes, that includes 0 interesting items).

The problem is, MA haven't balanced returns with lack of jackpot loots. Before, we had 80-90% returns with the chance of "hitting". Now we have 80-90% with the chance of getting 120%. Not a huge incentive I'm afraid!

Its based on cost to kill, not mob HP and that maximum multiplier is something between 5000-5500. It might be higher or lower in some situations. No one knows how exactly it works. Its possible that its roughly 10,000 times half the cost to kill and that hunting multipliers work not by the full cost to kill but half. After all, crafting is a 10K maximum multiplier... why should hunting be different? Again though, no one knows for sure how exactly the mechanics work.

Regardless, the chances of getting that maximum multiplier have been reduced but the chances of getting smaller multipliers have increased

Last edited:
The problem is, MA haven't balanced returns with lack of jackpot loots.

Well, first MA changed to this because for years so many demanded that they do it. Second, maybe don't treat EU like its a slot machine.

Status
Back