Chipping Optimizer Tool

what information you need to start working on the "spacecraft engineer" calculations ?

Thx for a great tool, love it and have used it for a long time but like 6 months back when i bought a new laptop it stoped working for me :/
Print Screen button dont work :( works with all the other EU related tools i tried tho, like ET..
Strange.. anyone else having this problem?
The Laptop is a Samsung RF511 http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP-RF511-S02US
Hate to start my regular computer just to use this great tool..

If it's a two button function laptop (like most new ones are now a days) you have to press some colored key that is a different color (such as blue) and then press the print screen button. I didn't look at the link but for my Toshiba I have to press the "FN" (blue colored key) and then press the "Print Scrn" key as it is doubled as another key. I hope you have figured it out by now though... and maybe this suggestion was not even your problem at all. Good luck none the less.

~Danimal

what information you need to start working on the "spacecraft engineer" calculations ?

Maybe all "space" related skills? I know when I'm out skilling piloting, spacecraft engineer fires off a few skill points while getting hit and while shooting in the gunner seat.

~Danimal

Maybe all "space" related skills? I know when I'm out skilling piloting, spacecraft engineer fires off a few skill points while getting hit and while shooting in the gunner seat.

~Danimal

Yes, but am I the only one who have started to think about this?
There must be a list where people report, this and that skill does or does not contribute as people get skill gains or chipping. The easy way would be to chip one chip 1-2tt in all skills and then write down after each chip, does it move or not.

Im asking what skills are left to try, or have noone started this yet?

Why dont you tell us, exactly what skills contribute or not. What about some team work :)

Hi,

First thank you for the tool, very usefull indeed. But - did something changed in the way of chipping out skills?

I wanted to chip out 1967 handgun, chipping optimizer told me I'll get 10.02 skill chip, that is ~ 11.02 ESI size.

Entropedia suggested 11.12 ESI size, so I had one - but could not chip out the full amount just 1881 - 90 skills remained, instead of the expected 4 (1971 was the total) - do I miss something?

Hi,

First thank you for the tool, very usefull indeed. But - did something changed in the way of chipping out skills?

I wanted to chip out 1967 handgun, chipping optimizer told me I'll get 10.02 skill chip, that is ~ 11.02 ESI size.

Entropedia suggested 11.12 ESI size, so I had one - but could not chip out the full amount just 1881 - 90 skills remained, instead of the expected 4 (1971 was the total) - do I miss something?

I am not sure but does it have something to do with the 10% loss of skills when chipping out ? The amount your are talking about, 90, seems to be around 5% so I am not sure.

Hi,

Your maths is just a little bit wrong:

For the ESI calculated from the Chipping Optimiser, 10.02/(1-10%) = 11.13, not 11.02.
(ie, what you've done is 10.02*(1+10%), which is wrong as the skill loss is 10% of the ESI used, not 10% of the final ESI)

Even then I'd allow a point or two more, to allow for rounding errors, and not use an ESI less than 11.15 for this.

(ie, what you've done is 10.02*(1+10%), which is wrong

Yes is is wrong, did not payed attention - thank you for pointing out, seemed something fishy to me this is why I used Entropedia value of 11.12 :D

Did not expect a 90 point leftover, I guess I'll have to work with bigger margins as you said.

For the section that shows the subset of skills that i should chip, why does it show that i should chip in those i dont understand is it because it will benefit the target level i am trying to chip-in to ?

For the section that shows the subset of skills that i should chip, why does it show that i should chip in those i dont understand is it because it will benefit the target level i am trying to chip-in to ?

If you mean when you choose a target level and it lists the different TTs and costs of skills you should chip in to reach that, then that represents the least expensive way to reach your target based on the prices in the optimizer.

Great tool, had a look in it several times. Only thing i noticed was that MU on some chips not always was up to date "enough".

Really good work.

true, but....

true, but... why does it stop calculating after 20k skills?

After I DL'ed the new version, I tried to export my skills to a csv file, but I keep getting this message:

Saving skills to file...
Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Skills_20130326_172420.csv (Access denied)

After I DL'ed the new version, I tried to export my skills to a csv file, but I keep getting this message:

Saving skills to file...
Error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Skills_20130326_172420.csv (Access denied)

looks like you're trying to save the CSV file in a wrong directory. did you launch the exe directly (double-clicking) from inside the zip file? if so, don't do that. instead, extract the exe from the zip file, and put it, say, in the desktop. then, launch the exe from there, and see if the problem persists.

I could get my job professions to save, but not my skills o_O; that was on fullscreen mode (full res) and the windowed mode 1768x922 (both x32).

Also a question for you, sir, are you are the owner. Any way I can donate a small amount of cash so I can get an awesome bastard sig like the others, without having to use the chipping tool? I've never chipped in or out and only use it to total up skills. (If so how much? if you dun wanna talk here we can private message)

http://jdegre.net this bit may give it away :)

i would like one of those sigs also :)

omg, I know this doesn't sound like it, but I honestly did mean to write "*AS* you are the owner" lol. Someone told me about him and the tool about 6 months ago ^^;

you right though, the URL is conclusive XD

lol if you find out please inform me :)

omg, I know this doesn't sound like it, but I honestly did mean to write "*AS* you are the owner" lol. Someone told me about him and the tool about 6 months ago ^^;

you right though, the URL is conclusive XD

This app is definitely worth monetary donation. Best EU app eva. :wise: I should probably make another donation...

(Entropia Life is pretty good too; hope that's ok to say here)

looks like you're trying to save the CSV file in a wrong directory. did you launch the exe directly (double-clicking) from inside the zip file? if so, don't do that. instead, extract the exe from the zip file, and put it, say, in the desktop. then, launch the exe from there, and see if the problem persists.

thx that worked :) +rep

Any way I can donate a small amount of cash so I can get an awesome bastard sig like the others, without having to use the chipping tool? I've never chipped in or out and only use it to total up skills. (If so how much? if you dun wanna talk here we can private message)

i would like one of those sigs also :)

the forum skill signature is available as part of the "premium" features on the site, which requires an account. those are given in return of a small 1-time donation, giving access to all extra features indefinitely.

donation amount is voluntary (as a hint, people usually donate somewhere in the range of $5 - $10). it can be done via paypal, following the "paypal donate" button in the optimizer web page (note that it does _not_ require to have a paypal account for the donator), or it can be done also with in-game PEDs.

This app is definitely worth monetary donation. Best EU app eva. :wise:

thanks, mate, for the kind words :)

otay, I definitely cannot Prnt Scrn my Proffesions for some reason =x it makes the "didn't work" noise, yet Prnt Scrn my skills works perfectly =P I blame it on the boogy.

otay, I definitely cannot Prnt Scrn my Proffesions for some reason =x it makes the "didn't work" noise, yet Prnt Scrn my skills works perfectly =P I blame it on the boogy.

as i already told you by PM (i repeat it here for everyone else's info, since i get this same question very frequently), professions are NOT scanned. instead, they are calculated by the server, based on the skill points scanned, and the current knowledge of the influence of each skill/attribute in the professions.

this is part of the extra features of the scanner/optimizer, so in order to get the professions calculated by the server, and afterwards exported to a CSV file, an account is needed.

Thank you works great... Sig test ;)

*cough* natural gain comparison *cough*

remember, we wants it =)

J.

A small script...

If you have ever wondered what's the cheapest unlock that you could reach, form your current avatar status, this script is for you :p

This is how it works:

It takes your current skill set (as stored in the chipping optimizer database), and it takes one unlockable skill that you have not unlocked yet, and it calculates the cost to unlock that skill for ALL professions where this skill is involved, and shows only the cheapest one, together with the profession and level that would make you unlock that skill (that would be one row in the table below).

Then, it repeats the same procedure for ALL your locked skills, and sorts the result from cheapest to most expensive.

This is how the result looks like (this is based on my own ava skill set, as of today) :

unlock-list.jpg

I plan to integrate it in the main chipping optimizer web application, but for now, you can invoke it as follows:

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocklist.php?user=....&pwd=.....

where user and pwd is your chipping optimizer / skill scanner credentials.

enjoy!

ps: this is a _very_ computing intensive script, so it may take quite a long time to complete (20-30 seconds is normal)

Nice! I like very much :)

Although the optimizer is not exactly 100% optimized...
For example, without changing anything, it tells me it would cost 17245 ped to get Kill Strike but if I deselect BLP Weaponry Technology, it drops to 16722 ped.

Thank you for a great tool.

Then, it repeats the same procedure for ALL your locked skills, and sorts the result from cheapest to most expensive.

This is how the result looks like (this is based on my own ava skill set, as of today) :

You have Glamor unlocked :eyecrazy:

(I don't think it is possible without having Coloring Methodology or Fashion Design)

But I had to ask :cool:

Although the optimizer is not exactly 100% optimized...
For example, without changing anything, it tells me it would cost 17245 ped to get Kill Strike but if I deselect BLP Weaponry Technology, it drops to 16722 ped.

yeah, that's a known issue, reported long ago... i believe it is an effect of the sine wave progression of the skill-TT curve; still, it is a minor issue, imo, and maybe some day i'll find a way to solve it... there's always room for further optimization of the optimizer :p

You have Glamor unlocked :eyecrazy:

(I don't think it is possible without having Coloring Methodology or Fashion Design)

But I had to ask :cool:

hehehe, no, i don't have it unlocked. I have never received a first-hand confirmation about when Glamour unlocks. Entropedia reports it to unlock at level 70 Colorer. Is that a fully confirmed fact? if so, i can add it to the DB right away.

Back