News: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5 - PRNewswire

Saw this Unreal 5 project on my travels. Both the style of the buildings and the music kinda remind me of some of the original Project Entropia art/videos/soundtrack so thought I'd share

Saw this Unreal 5 project on my travels. Both the style of the buildings and the music kinda remind me of some of the original Project Entropia art/videos/soundtrack so thought I'd share
Crazy thing is this person has other videos on their channel of it that look even better, and they say it's just for a graphic novel.... the music is sooooo early PE

Is this happening or canceled?

In the recent Q&A with MindArk at LAN 2023 they mentioned beta access to it, so it is happening. For more details see:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...a-session-lan-2023-summary-transcript.294772/
They mentioned that at least a year back too or possibly nearer the start even. If it's a MA promise for the future, I'd say evidence suggests that such a statement suggests stronger evidence that something WILL NOT happen, rather than it will. In fact, I'd have way more confidence of MA doing stuff they don't announce (that no one ever asked for or wanted) than stuff they do announce.

It seems that selling Unreal Tokens below 10 peds does not make sense. The tokens look more worthy.

It seems that selling Unreal Tokens below 10 peds does not make sense. The tokens look more worthy.
Ther math has been done, they are worth 3.78ped IF the started to pay out today, so waiting 1,5year for payout they should be worth like 1.5-2ped max atm.

Ther math has been done, they are worth 3.78ped IF the started to pay out today, so waiting 1,5year for payout they should be worth like 1.5-2ped max atm.

What math?

I am ready to buy above that price.

my calculation leat to 5.5 /6 so Mango your math seems "halve current value for bid" but its ok.

Rgarding all the videos, well cities are amazing but in EU cities are useless... port atlantis yes is stunning view first time then you go there for
1. Karona mission
2. pick daily feffoid
so you just say damn why i need to walk so much to reach the questgiver?
all port atlantis is useless, because it has NO content so can be "destroyed by robots" and no one cares
basically on calypso we just need Twin peaks for mission terminal and tokens exchange
and Megavolt because at 5 meter from the teleporter there are all facilities.
the rest is to move to hunting or mining zones.

The new shelter in Twin peak is worse than the one before, there is a 30 meter roundabout to reach terminals.
we just need all shelters to be like Megavolt for quality of life crafting, AH, repair and storage management

Graphics is not so important as it is gameplay to me.
removing "unreachable", decent "collision detection", dense single mat spawns are the real point to fix.
as an example the rippersnapper wave need to "go to look for missing fish" that is pretty lame, initial aggression is too high (swarming) then there are leftovers to play hide and seek with. reducing aggro range and limting dispersion would make it more funny (actually it is just an "armor tiering" zone

My calc for what I expected was also around the 6 mark, with the price then rising into implementation.
So far the price has held up a lot better than I expected, but is on a downward trend still. I am thus wrong to date about the price, but time will tell ...

I pretty much agree with Mstur here for the rest too, caring more about gameplay, where the difference between doing an activity and not can be right down to minor tweakables such as aggro, density, refresh time for next spawn etc.

Oh, I should for full honesty note that I have currently stopped harvesting trees on Cyrene because I really dislike the look of the trees after a reworking of them, so graphics (at least on my settings) can indeed affect my mood depending on what I'm doing. Thus, the new engine will certainly make a difference to what I do, even though I find the underlying mechanics more important as a whole.

More available stuff from Brushify that would perfectly suit Entropia.

This time, the floating islands in the North West IIRC

Not a graphics idea this time but this looks like some super neat research that will have application to NPC characters in having them interact naturally with their environment without being programmed or animated to perform specific actions (at least not in the traditional sense). Probably a little beyond what MA would have utility for in game to be honest (suspect it would be easier for them to put some stock animations in, if they cared even enough to do that). Might be nice though if the NPC's had a little more character to them rather than just running a standard stand animation.

I might... I'm still clinging to windows 7. =D

DON'T MAKE ME USE WIN 10 IT HORRIBLE I'D RATHER USE LINUX XD
I've already made the switch - years ago for the most part, and the last "gaming" machine I built is LINUX.
I will NEVER suffer through Windows 10 again, and have NEGATIVE interest in anything with Micro$haft built in spyware to the degree of 11 or later.
I still have ONE Windows 7 machine, for those few games "LIKE ENTROPIA" that I still play that I've never gotten to work under LINUX - but I dunno how much longer that machine is going to live.

Don't talk to me about the abortion kludge that is Wine - I've never even gotten it to INSTALL, much less been able to try to get anything working with it.

Entropia has been available to play on Linux for years.
There is the Lutris solution (+wine/Proton), Protonup-QT, and the latest versions of Mesa, you will be able to play almost ALL games even DirectX12.
Plus on Linux it's much smoother, you don't have all the background services of Windows.

This message is translated from French with Google translator.
Kind regards, Skwal

Couple more nice looking resources MA may want to consider...

Forest Environment

Rainforest Environment

With unreal 5.4 launching, giving significant performance improvements, I wonder if MA will be supporting the latest versions of the engine as they go?

With unreal 5.4 launching, giving significant performance improvements, I wonder if MA will be supporting the latest versions of the engine as they go?
LOL.
As if...
The original Crysis game from 2007 still looks miles better than Project Entropia looks like today. And we are 16 years later in developement now, since MA's implementation of CE2 in 2008.
There are sooooo many brilliant updates and models and whatever available for CE2. But nothing...

Since 2008 MA never implemented anything noteworthy that exceeds the first very basic version of CE2.
MA even skipped many of the rudimentary eye candies of the basic CE2 version.

Last edited:
Performance improvements will be needed for some because UE5 looks like it's pretty hard on a computer system.

Performance improvements will be needed for some because UE5 looks like it's pretty hard on a computer system.
You know unreal engine also has graphic settings right?

Yes, but generally speaking UE5 seems to require more power for equivalent settings.
I've been reading the opposite, or more precisely that UE5 can work with a broader spectrum of hardware capabilities. Would have to do some digging for the sources of these claims, though, can't remember at once where that article was. I think in the end it depends mostly on what the developer wants to make accessible to the user. In principle you can go as far down as pure wire mesh, the Second Life client used to have this possibility in its advanced settings. Some Entropia players use safe mode for competitions, looks be damned when only speed counts. And maybe the times also call for increased awareness of electricity consumption, which means questions about the lower end aren't only coming from poor people anymore.

Yes, but generally speaking UE5 seems to require more power for equivalent settings.
This is incorrect actually. UE5's major thing is how efficient it will be able to push out "good looking" graphics.

I promise you a potato will still be able to play entropia as long as MA has an ability in programming/coding/design/ etc.

it all depends on how crazy they want to go with details - i don't think it will be AAA graphics.

I've been reading the opposite, or more precisely that UE5 can work with a broader spectrum of hardware capabilities. Would have to do some digging for the sources of these claims, though, can't remember at once where that article was. I think in the end it depends mostly on what the developer wants to make accessible to the user. In principle you can go as far down as pure wire mesh, the Second Life client used to have this possibility in its advanced settings. Some Entropia players use safe mode for competitions, looks be damned when only speed counts. And maybe the times also call for increased awareness of electricity consumption, which means questions about the lower end aren't only coming from poor people anymore.

This doesn't mention min specs for graphics cards, except in context with RTX features which I expect to remain optional. The text I remembered named GTX-something pretty low-ish, but it gets all drowned out now upon searching.

Back