News: NEW UI: A CLOSER LOOK

Not a big fan of the loot window, it is stale and boring is there any plans on giving us the old window or a more attractive window in the updates?
Also how do we place armor sets to the hot keys? if this has already been answer could someone point me to the link?

Not a big fan of the loot window, it is stale and boring is there any plans on giving us the old window or a more attractive window in the updates?
Also how do we place armor sets to the hot keys? if this has already been answer could someone point me to the link?
Yeh I need to dig out the instruction for stuff like how to place my TP chip on the T key for all situations too.... shout if you find the explanation

Wistrel

THE NEW HUD, ACTION BAR, UI EDIT MODE, AND ICON MANAGEMENT​

Let's take a look at the most significant UI changes we plan to release in the UI update in February 2024. Here, you will find an image of the new HUD and a step-by-step guide to easily navigate the improved Action bar, UI Edit Mode, and Icon Management!

The updated Heads-up Display (HUD)​

Fullscreen_UI2.webp

We kept an updated look and functionality in mind when updating and designing the new HUD for Entropia Universe. We decluttered the HUD for easier readability, made it a more attractive and clean design, and increased performance with added functionality and flexibility. In the image above, you can see the updated Radar, The Quick Bar to access the often-used windows, the Mission tracker, and a glimpse of the Inventory redesign together with one of the most significant changes, the Action Bars.

We will now guide you through some changes you, as a user, will encounter upon the first login after the update!

Actions​

The previous Action Library has been revamped into Actions. Actions let players customize controls by assigning bindings to every in-game action and action bar. Using modifiers* (CTRL or SHIFT) for your bindings, you can trigger any action in the blink of an eye! The Actions fast search bar system and good overview make finding what you are looking for easy.

UI Edit-mode​

To move or personalize your HUD UI elements and Action Bars, you need to enable UI Edit-mode. You can reset your settings by pressing the [Reset] button if the interface isn't functioning correctly or if you wish to revert to the original default settings.

How to access UI Edit-mode:

1. Press N on your keyboard to open [Actions].

2. Click the [UI Edit-mode] button to activate the edit mode.

3. Customize your action bar assignments and the positioning of the heads-up display layout.

4. Close the UI Edit-mode panel by clicking the [UI Edit-mode] button again.

5. Done! Your changes are now saved.

Keybinding​

Keybinding is split up into two parts. Keybinding immediately activates an in-game action or a slot in an Action Bar. Below, we will show an example of how to add a keybind to the Inventory and how to remove it.

How to set a specific key binding to an in-game action:

Type “inventory” in the [Actions] search menu.

3. To add a keybinding, click on the desired row and binding column. In this example, we set F1 as a second keybind for the Inventory. (Please note that you cannot assign a single key to multiple actions.)

4. Done! Your keybinding is now saved.

How to clear in-game action keybindings:

2. Type “Inventory” in the [Actions] search menu.
  3. Click on the keybinding you wish to clear.
  4. Press the [Clear] button.
  5. Done! Your keybinding is cleared

Action Bars​

You can have up to five Action Bars active in your window, with ten slots and three pages each. By default, two Action Bars are enabled. With vast customization options, Action Bars has a dedicated category in the Actions UI where you can set binding per bar and slot.

How to access, edit keybindings, and edit your action bars:

1. Press N on your keyboard [Actions].

2. Type “action bar” in the [Actions] search menu. All action bars and their corresponding keybindings are now visible.

3. To add a keybinding, simply select the desired action bar row and binding column. Change the keybindings by pressing any key of your liking. (Please note that when you assign a key to an Action bar slot, the same key remains bound to that Action bar slot across all the three Action bar pages.)

To add a new action bar, press O [Options] and go to [Interface]. For example, click on the dropdown list for Action Bar 3 and choose if you want the bar to be positioned horizontally or vertically.

Click [Apply] to confirm the changes. The new action bar will be visible in your window. If you wish to hide your action bar, choose the “HIDDEN” option in the dropdown list.

*In response to community feedback, we’ve introduced an option to disable CTRL and SHIFT modifiers in the new UI. When disabled, modifiers serve as keybinding keys.

We hope these guidelines enhance your experience with the new UI! Join us on the Planet Calypso forum to discuss the new UI and share any questions you might have!

Originally Posted Here

I get how we can map the action bars and slots to specific key bindings... but how can we put items into an action bar/slot that we have bound.

e.g. I could bind action bar 1, slot 1 to my T key... but how can I get my teleport chip into action bar 1, slot one? Can this be added to the tutoral?

I get how we can map the action bars and slots to specific key bindings... but how can we put items into an action bar/slot that we have bound.

e.g. I could bind action bar 1, slot 1 to my T key... but how can I get my teleport chip into action bar 1, slot one? Can this be added to the tutoral?

Drag-and-drop the item in the action bar while in UI Edit Mode, just like you do with actions.

Drag-and-drop the item in the action bar while in UI Edit Mode, just like you do with actions.
Oh yeh I sussed it out and all by asking people, just felt this should have been in the original posted introduction/tutorial since everything else was covered

This must be considered a bug and not a feature?
I guess it works as designed, it was just designed without realizing that people don't need to see the bar with mapped things.
So not a bug, but a possible room for improvement. Just use the template in the thread they created for bug reports/improvement ideas.

I saw a comment pre-vu from Ludvig that I think said that bars could be off, but the keys behind the mappings would work.
If so, and it isn't working, then it is a bug.

I think it's time for some new chat system! The interface configuration should be simplified and MUCH MORE INTUITIVE. The autouse tool SHOULD BE PROGRAMMED INSIDE THE ITEM ITSELF AND NOT just a poor code that pretends to work for everything.

So far I'm not completely unhappy but it could be better and it might need complete redesign instead of more better faster bandaides.

cmon, there is removed possibility to add as u wish icons, there is limit items what u can add, and position is restricted... well for 1999 year UI is good, but not for 2024... imagine blizzard would restrict wow to this ui...
My main irritants are:

1. The thick black border around the map which is just jarring, ugly and distracting.
2. The larger sized icons placed into separate action groups, operated with a teeny tiny arrow to fumble with and slow down play.
It was much easier for me to have 3 rows of the smaller sized icons on the screen that I can access with the mouse and place them where needed. I've had carpal tunnel and have injuries from a car accident, I don't want to map keys.
3. I swap weapons often when playing and liked the ease of access that I had before. I'm not going to fumble about with a tiny half invisble arrow.
3. Having a second action panel activated has all these ugly S1 S2 S3... graffiti on the screen in the unused slots.
4. The size of the radar is unnecessarily larger when sized down and looks NO BETTER than it was before.
5. The main window goes too far across the page. (I think I read that this would be re-sized).
6. Can the inventory panel be bigger? (50% of the whole page instead of 40%)?

I used to be on this forum since 2009 but had to re-register ...

Last edited:
I used to be on this forum since 2009.. Don't know why I had to re-register an account.

I think maybe we could use the voting system to agree on some blocks, anyone have thoughts? I personally think the loot window lost its "pop" with the new and honestly less entertaining and makes looting something less addictive (which maybe a good thing for my PED card)

I bet after all these questions and replies @Ludvig|MindArk is thinking I actually really didn’t mind people fapping me……or was that Blackhawk. There was some hawk who was super annoyed at people fapping him.

I bet after all these questions and replies @Ludvig|MindArk is thinking I actually really didn’t mind people fapping me……or was that Blackhawk. There was some hawk who was super annoyed at people fapping him.

Oh, that's a very old reference... but yes, that was Blackhawk, I believe.

And we of course appreciate getting so much feedback, and with many people giving so many details on how and why they feel that way as well :yay:

We should be able to close the "message center" window by pressing the Y key as to open it and as before.

I am missing the option to bind a armor set to a button...is there a new way to do that?

I am missing the option to bind a armor set to a button...is there a new way to do that?
Make a "loadout" with the dedicated button in inventory. Then find this loadout as an Action to bind keys to it.

when will they make it possible to take out the text of the notebooks beyond the borders of the screen

MA, please let us customize the UI with Mods.

There are so many wishes that unless you add 50 more options, everybody won't be happy.
Provide us some SDK and allow us to mod the UI as we like.
(Most of us are old developers...)

Then the community could present here their modified UI, propose some XML/JSON and all can tweak them with some tool.
No more work for you and 100% of happy customers.

(Of course, Mods should only be able to change the display of UI, not the decay of weapons or whatever)

when will you make it so that notebooks with text and a portable mending machine can be moved outside the screen?

Thank you that finally you can directly use Keyboard to enter Username and Password on Login Screen again.
I hope you will manage to make the Enter key working as Confirm when using elevator as it did in the old UI.

Why are these sliders so small, Inventorie f.x.? Is there a reason for that because it makes them difficult to operate.

Why are the important things in the Skill and Profession using the smallest font and the unimprtant names of the Categories using the biggest font?

Back