News: NEW UI: A CLOSER LOOK

Am i scared about this ofcourse i am , am i exited sure i am . To learn ewerything again can be a pain for a old fart like me ;)

What i fear is what happen to my sticky notes , yea i seen its recomended to copy them and save it somewhere . Not sure how and where to do that tho need to look into that asap so good it got phostphoned ;p
I wish we get more tab options in the chat window, atm we got what? 4-5 on the side right, maybe atleast 10 or more had been nice. Another thing it had ben nice if we could copy item links in the auction both from it and to it .
I guess i have to wait and se how it will work out for me , i keep my fingers and thoes crossed that it will be ok in the end :)

The name display should not be an option but permanently displayed all the time.

On behalf of the Uber players - I will say we do like this function so that we can look at our massive pedcards while hunting. The rest of you will be able to visually track your failure in real time.

On a side note - It's better to have options over permanently having a fixed thing, so don't understand your logic - If permanently showing pedcard I would be with you, but here you will have an option - Celebrate it 🎉🥳

I like to have my name in HP bar, because when my HP reaches my name, I know it's ~50% down and I have to heal.

If I want to use same feature wirth PED Card, I'll have to depo millions of PEDs. :D

On behalf of the Uber players - I will say we do like this function so that we can look at our massive pedcards while hunting. The rest of you will be able to visually track your failure in real time.

On a side note - It's better to have options over permanently having a fixed thing, so don't understand your logic - If permanently showing pedcard I would be with you, but here you will have an option - Celebrate it 🎉🥳
Yes, in case we forget who we are.

Ped balance should be optional.
Not giving an option to remove name is about not giving any opportunities to bad actors.

Ped balance should be optional.
Not giving an option to remove name is about not giving any opportunities to bad actors.
Simply don't accept any screenshots where they haven't elected to show their name.

Simply don't accept any screenshots where they haven't elected to show their name.
The argument for non-optional visible avatar names is about exposing shady or EULA breaking behavior in general, and actually have some kind of ”proof” who did it. The argument is not about event screenshots.

The argument for non-optional visible avatar names is about exposing shady or EULA breaking behavior in general, and actually have some kind of ”proof” who did it. The argument is not about event screenshots.

You do understand that this is only on your own screen right ?
Everyone else will be able to see your name.

You do understand that this is only on your own screen right ?
Everyone else will be able to see your name.
It’s not even my argument, I was pointing out where Xen and George seemed to misunderstand each other.

And yes it’s only on your own screen. But it seems the idea is that it can help catch some stuff carried out on streams (some caught lately from that) or when people are stupid enough to post their business themselves (remember the VTOL hunter that got caught by his own hof screenshot?).

I have a real issue with the transparency of the chat box. The scenery bleeds through so much that the contrast between text and chat box background is almost lost, making the text almost unreadable in many environments. Bleed through was already a problem with seeing dots on radar and is not better/worse with this UI.

I am also finding that weapons/tools/vehicles in action bars are much harder to distinguish. The item images tend to use a lot of medium to dark shades, and unlike the old desktop icons which used a light shade background, the new action bars use a darker background that does not contrast well with the item images.

The radar and action bar readability are irritating but I can live with them. Not being able to easily read the chat may be a game killer for me.

I have a real issue with the transparency of the chat box. The scenery bleeds through so much that the contrast between text and chat box background is almost lost, making the text almost unreadable in many environments. Bleed through was already a problem with seeing dots on radar and is not better/worse with this UI.

I am also finding that weapons/tools/vehicles in action bars are much harder to distinguish. The item images tend to use a lot of medium to dark shades, and unlike the old desktop icons which used a light shade background, the new action bars use a darker background that does not contrast well with the item images.

The radar and action bar readability are irritating but I can live with them. Not being able to easily read the chat may be a game killer for me.
Could not have said it better 👍👍👍

Agreed. Seems kind of important to be able to communicate in an MMORPG

Could we have the launch screen suit wide monitors such as 3440 x 1440 for example? Love the new look of the login screen though! Would be perfect if it could scale wider.

How am I able to see my health bar?

Last edited:
Can you no longer activate an item by clicking on it In the action bar? I used to be able to change weapons and change and use a fap by just clicking on the icon
It works fine for me

Not sure if mentioned yet, but the few things i found:

"Bugs"
- Time since last online cant be seen in friends list
- Cant see full avatar names in friend list after mouseover
- No minimap coords. im a bit slow, sorry. :)

What I don't like:
- Transparency on the chat and action bars, also mission list as well. (chat can be partly fixed by disabling Auto Fade, and i just dropped a note below action bars to increase readability)
- Auction text is far too gray and similar to the background, i don't find it easily readable, have to focus to read what it says, not just read it easily
- Cant rotate items in item info windows
- No grid lines in inventory
- Item split defaults to half the number of items in stack, not 1 like before.

What I like:
- Repair value on repair terminals, finally no more repairing a 13700ped max tt R150 for 45 Ped per nimimum slider movement. Thank youuuu! ♥️
- Bold font for chat text
- I actually kind of like action bars (except for transparency) - no more fiddly icons everywhere, but this might be bad at future point when I start populating those bars with stuff.
- The engagement of MA with community after the patch, thanks!

Edit: making my point :D, added a few things.

Last edited:
Not sure if mentioned yet, but the few things i found:

"Bugs"
- No minimap coords.

You can toggle it in interface options just below the sliding bars: "Show location in the radar UI"

Bug

Weapons activate when mob is out of range instead of running till mob in range to shoot?
This is especially annoying for arson chip as it causes a 20 second cooldown. Can we please stop the 20 second cooldown if you shoot the chip without hitting a target?
Please also fix the weapon activate before mob in range.

That’s how you run, run, fuss and don’t notice the beauty that’s nearby.
Today I stopped and looked around and realized how beautiful the radar was before, it’s like a Milan Gothic cathedral opposite a gas station.

index.php

Bug

Weapons activate when mob is out of range instead of running till mob in range to shoot?
This is especially annoying for arson chip as it causes a 20 second cooldown. Can we please stop the 20 second cooldown if you shoot the chip without hitting a target?
Please also fix the weapon activate before mob in range.
I heard several people having problems with that. I wonder if it is in specific settings that becomes an issue. For me avatar moves to mob when outside range before shooting just like earlier

That’s how you run, run, fuss and don’t notice the beauty that’s nearby.
Today I stopped and looked around and realized how beautiful the radar was before, it’s like a Milan Gothic cathedral opposite a gas station.

index.php
All this shows is how crap and dated the old one was.

New one looks slick much more design behind it..

I heard several people having problems with that. I wonder if it is in specific settings that becomes an issue. For me avatar moves to mob when outside range before shooting just like earlier
Does it stop shooting after its dead? This is how it worked for me before a few weeks ago, now it just continues firing. so when i mouseover over a mob it shoots it.

Does it stop shooting after its dead? This is how it worked for me before a few weeks ago, now it just continues firing. so when i mouseover over a mob it shoots it.
It works exactly like before for me so I speculate that it is related to a specific setting in options. And for your question - no it stops firing after mob is dead until I press interact again.

After talking with Colonel ingame he had already found the problem. Using interact works fine but this problem occurs when using the item key

Well, now the minimalism of the digital landscape is trending, and this is a matter of taste.
You like the new radar design, I like the old radar design.
Feel it’s more what is right for the future and move to UE5. Which is the new.

Keep moving forward or die

Is there a setting to keep the chat background from going transparent? It's hard to read when it's transparent

Back