• Gimme EFD!

Votes: 21 21.2%

• Total voters
Status

CyberPunk

Stalker
William Cyber Punk
Fixed in VU 10.0.10

The tilde (`/~) key no longer activates icons associated with it.

Before the update, on the keyboard map, this key showed ' on it, now it's just blank.

Is this a bug or is it working as intended?

This is annoying, I, as well as many others I am sure, use this key very frequently, it was my "use tool" assignment!

Last edited:
Ooops... 10.0.9... nevermind, I haven't tested yet.

Doesn't matter which keyset I am on, none work, the key appears to be blank on the keyboard map (as in there is no label to show which key it is).

You can see there is no label on the tilde key, used to have ` on it, now it is blank.

notilde.jpg

Great. Now I gotta re-map my stinkin' FAP..... :(

worked fine for me :scratch2:

yep use it for my emergency all stop...sometimes my avatar would suddenly sit or just keep running, I mapped my ~ key to the stand up function, seems to have solved my past problems...

However since vu 10.x i have not had those problems, so my All stop is not needed, but still like the location of the key to map something too...

Worked fine for me too, prevu10.0.9, how about now though?

Yes 10.0.9

But I will check again, i suppose.

I use it for "use tool" so I press it about 30 times a minute.

Maybe the "new "new" update I only just installed ruined something

Yes 10.0.9

But I will check again, i suppose.

I use it for "use tool" so I press it about 30 times a minute.

Maybe the "new "new" update I only just installed ruined something

Can you see the ` on the key in the keyboard map or does it show blank like the screenie I posted above?

As you might know, keyboard layout differs in different countries. So the key you speak about isn't at the same place everywhere...:D

Works fine for me. The key ~ now show up as a ? mark with a diamond around it, in the key mapping. Its a little further off set from the 1 key then it used to be.

I had been using the `/~ key since I cannot remember as my Unequip hotkey. The keyboard diagram still showed it as mapped today, but using the key has no effect. (Clicking on the keyboard diagram works, but that's pointless).

This is indeed frustrating as hell. It's been the fap key for 4 years and now I have to change it?

It still shows as the fap key on the graphic but it just doesn't work.

If I open the keyboard graphic in the screen, right click on the tilde key and press "equip" then it works but the KEY doesn't. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame MA.

This is indeed frustrating as hell. It's been the fap key for 4 years and now I have to change it?

It still shows as the fap key on the graphic but it just doesn't work.

If I open the keyboard graphic in the screen, right click on the tilde key and press "equip" then it works but the KEY doesn't. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame MA.

Hmm just curious if people who are having problems if it's set on your global keymap set ('*') or a numbered keymap set.

Hmm just curious if people who are having problems if it's set on your global keymap set ('*') or a numbered keymap set.
Non global for me (on numbered keymap), but i will try to move it on global and I will write here if that change anything.

[Update] Same with global keymap set.

Last edited:
The tilde (`/~) key no longer activates icons associated with it.

Before the update, on the keyboard map, this key showed ' on it, now it's just blank.

same for me
maybe something linked to:
PLANET CALYPSO VERSION UPDATE 10.0.9
2009-09-09

• Localized client versions available again.

tried switching both my keyboard layouts (CS/EN)
the tilde key works fine in chat window but no action with icons

i'm having the same problem. the tilde key and also the key that is on top of the Right Shift key no longer work. I was forced to remap my non combat fap and my ore seeker.

Same problem with the Tilde key for me also with the VU10.0.9.

I tried mapping something on it in different action sets but it didn't worked.

I sent a suport case to MA about this this morning.

Sitram

Sucks.

My Opalo A101 combo has always been my tilde key as the last resort finisher as I range weapons necessary to my environment from 1-3 and my FAP on 4 and then whatever else.

Thought it was lag at first but after killing the mob I moved it to key 1 and shifted everything across and it worked fine, problem is I still catch myself equipping the wrong gun or firing a shot for no reason sometimes. Will take a bit of getting used to...

doesnt work for me as well, soc mate too (who actually brought me to test it)
i have my marber for luring on it, so i dont use it that often

Maybe it works if you set the keymap to swedish characters.

I have a working keyboard and its mapped to § and ½ in sweden

This indicates, to me at least, that they screwed up the client localization somehow.

Im using Swedish keyboard with Swedish key setup and still having the same problem...

I hope this gets fixed...my setup was using the tilde (`) key as my primary weapon, #1 as my primary fap and #2 as my secondary fap. Made hunts easier as I can rest my hand and fire repeatedly without using my mouse, and the convenience of having my fap the next button over for those "OH $H*T" moments.

Please fix this!!!!

Status
Back