FYI: 11 Vehicles left in auction...now what?

Status

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Well the stock of vehicles crafted and free have almost gone from auction...only 11 left at the time of this post.

What happens now?

Are we going to get a huge dump of BPs in the coming days, will unlimited ones start dropping in loots?

Will the prices skyrocket now, limited supply, high demand?

Will crafters hording the BPs release a few at a time?

Questions questions and speculation hmmmmm...

forum whoring by making useless threads with rhetorical questions

Questions, that only McCosmic will be able to answer :

Vehicles will be forgotton soon...just like taming. ;p

Questions, that only McCosmic will be able to answer :

Vehicles will be forgotton soon...just like taming. ;p

Nope we will get taming back before 2011 :rolleyes:

run around like chickens without a head..

PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

other words let the crafter do there thing

It is a bit funny, they talked about "plenty full" of cars with the give away event, well it was not that plenty full. Well, maybe they could have plenty full of vehicle bp at least so we could craft them..... no, not that either.....:rolleyes:

It is a bit funny, they talked about "plenty full" of cars with the give away event, well it was not that plenty full.

Did they sayd the DATE when Calypso will be crowded by cars? :)

Who cares really?

I need no car ... they have no environmental sensibility in MA in first place? :mad:

LOL to this thread :rolleyes:

It is a bit funny, they talked about "plenty full" of cars with the give away event, well it was not that plenty full.

I was thinking there would be another wave of giving free cars out :scratch2:

Well, I never expect much, so dont get too dissapointed anyway lol :D

I was thinking there would be another wave of giving free cars out :scratch2:

Me to. There was someone saying they would come back on friday (read: the weekend since friday probably would be unfair to everyone but swedish people).

A soc mate has been crafting car parts like mad, he managed to get BPs for all parts, but he said the part BPs now have stopped dropping. And he never managed to get the BP for the car itself.

Me to. There was someone saying they would come back on friday (read: the weekend since friday probably would be unfair to everyone but swedish people).

A soc mate has been crafting car parts like mad, he managed to get BPs for all parts, but he said the part BPs now have stopped dropping. And he never managed to get the BP for the car itself.

yeah, been crafing car parts too, got one car bp with low value at the start, since than, nothing....

More vehicles @ low cost = more mass usage = more fuel bought = more FPC profits

it would not be a good idea to stop it all and make vehicles exclusive now. its far too soon.

yes another unfair by MA:mad:

as some people trying to loot vehicul BP ton s of clik and nothing and in the same time price of vehicul drop:rolleyes:

and bp of guns continue to drop too , MA are really control their GAME ? not sure:D

Well the stock of vehicles crafted and free have almost gone from auction...only 11 left at the time of this post.

What happens now?

Are we going to get a huge dump of BPs in the coming days, will unlimited ones start dropping in loots?

Will the prices skyrocket now, limited supply, high demand?

Will crafters hording the BPs release a few at a time?

Questions questions and speculation hmmmmm...

Good questions! I want a freakin car :D

when taming gets back we can ride the snabs like a vehicle solving the shortage and helpin the poor :D

As i have no pc atm I can't get onto EU. So please tell me: How are MA giving away free vehicles?

As i have no pc atm I can't get onto EU. So please tell me: How are MA giving away free vehicles?

Eaerlier this week, on Calypso, Simon and Emma were going around giving out cars, 200 or 260 of them. On Rocktropia, Neverdie handed out cars but by through a muscial quiz. Dunno how many he had.

There was someone saying that there would be another round of cars during friday, but as far as I know there hasn't been any more handout of vehicles during the weekend.

So right now there are three groups of people; the Happy who got a car, the Rich who could buy one (they're around 400-600 ped or 1000-1200 ped depending on model), and the Unhappy. I belong to the third group.

Eaerlier this week, on Calypso, Simon and Emma were going around giving out cars, 200 or 260 of them. On Rocktropia, Neverdie handed out cars but by through a muscial quiz. Dunno how many he had.

There was someone saying that there would be another round of cars during friday, but as far as I know there hasn't been any more handout of vehicles during the weekend.

So right now there are three groups of people; the Happy who got a car, the Rich who could buy one (they're around 400-600 ped or 1000-1200 ped depending on model), and the Unhappy. I belong to the third group.

OK. thanks for letting me know. At least it seems they are just about affordable then. Did Simon and Emma just give 'em away randomly then?

OK. thanks for letting me know. At least it seems they are just about affordable then. Did Simon and Emma just give 'em away randomly then?

Affordable depends if you think 2300% markup for an (L) item is ok, and if you have that money to spend on it.

Practically, I think the cars was given away to the most persistant people who were able to get as close to them as possible. Imagine 50+ avatars on same spot, everyone there for the car, and for us with avatar showing lag not even able to see simon or emma... I think they had problem to move so they just handed out them to the people closest to them. And then left for some other place. And, as the handout was during office hours in Europe, the timing was bad for search-and-find.

For me it looked like 50 avatars on the radar, a spot on radar which was just green, and I saw maybe 10 other people. And heard others complain all the time about being "pushed around".

I guess at next handout, it's not a question of being patient and polite and waiting, but to immediately trying to push yourself to the middle of the croud. Apparently at the handouts, the jungle law prevailed. Being patient didn't pay - since after handing out maybe 20 or so they took off. So you must be among the first.

Well, there was quite a bit of whining over the first free giveaway event. It's a wonder they're hesitant to do it again. :rolleyes:

easy answer: I don`t care.

Well, there was quite a bit of whining over the first free giveaway event. It's a wonder they're hesitant to do it again. :rolleyes:

Marco has already asked for other ideas on how to do handouts like this in future. I doubt they'd make the same mistake again.

They're hogtied either way.

If they do something COMPLETELY fair, like a lottery system, then people will just overanalyze the results and start accusing them of rigging it.

If they hand them out first-come, first-serve, then people complain that they weren't able to get close enough to get one.

If they make it so that it's the "last man standing" format, then people will complain about bad internet connections and MA being uneven in terms of its treatment of different continents due to difference in Internet.

If they somehow invent some other way to do it, there will probably be complaints about time zones or the inability of anyone with their first name starting with "Q" being able to access the system, etc.

It's 400, maybe 500 peds, folks. Just depo and buy the friggin' car. I've been driving for hours and hours on end since Thursday night and I've used up 4 peds worth of oil and about 0.20 peds in decay on the vehicle (and that is with exploring in some very unsavory areas which I will not be returning to). FYI: Valk Mk1s and Troopers/Legionnaires don't mix well -- they don't have to move and catch you, they shoot you even if you're zipping away from them. LOL

It's a whole new game with a vehicle. :)

Marco has already asked for other ideas on how to do handouts like this in future. I doubt they'd make the same mistake again.

I doubt they'll give anything out for free again after the bad feedback they received from some quarters.

I doubt they'll give anything out for free again after the bad feedback they received from some quarters.

If you read the threads Mega and disregard the less mature element of this community, you will see that there was no issue at all with the giving out of a limited number of free items.

The issue in the way it was conducted.

But Marco has acknowledged this and I hope they would conduct future promotions in a more considered and enlightened way.

:)

They've handed out tons of free items before without anyone complaining, like "Elf Shoes" and "Angel Wings". At 0.00 ped TT then, and then we just had to repair them up if we wanted to use them.

And because they were relatively plentiful, the people who didn't get any often had the chance to buy in auction for TT+10 or so, and not 2900%.

Another example was the blue shirt everyone who was at "miss calypso" (and He-man?) event got, after doing a survey and filling in the avatar name. Or the cap, that was handed out in the missions at sweat camp after you completed one of the stages.

What's the common denominator? The items got delivered automatically. It ment that everyone eligable got one, and only one. And factors like able to stay online during work hour with almost no advance warning, and lag and crowd preventing you from going infront of Emma or Simon didn't matter.

I thought it was pretty clear before the handouts that doing it this way could lead to trouble, if the cars wasn't plentiful enough. Now a few hundred of players have access to the new technology (cars), and the rest doesn't. And it's all in MAs (not FPCs) hands, by the limited number of cars, and the "clicks" on the vehicle BPs looted. A wild guess is that there hasn't dropped say 600 100-clicks Vehicle(L) BP (L)...

What MA have done know is limiting the number of avatars who have access to the new technology (and whos budget for playing isn't unlimited), though it was said to be a "commodity".

Last edited:
11 in Auc - they don't decay much - and they're purely overprized... So why anyone should buy them? The market is down after 3 days.. ^^

11 in Auc - they don't decay much - and they're purely overprized... So why anyone should buy them? The market is down after 3 days.. ^^

Only if there is a supply.

And this time, the supply is limited by number of clicks on (L) bps - and I've only seen one BP in auction (and one BP in the "price check" section here).

I doubt MA will release the thousands of clicks it would need to bring prices down to a reasonable level within a reasonable time.

I wonder, have anyone (since tuesday) gotten a car in a "loot window", from mining/hunting/crafting?

This is normal operating procedure. Don't worry, they will make more bp's available.

Status
Back