A Random Loot System Theory. (The Soceity Pool)

I think loot is based more on Algorithms than Mysticism's. When certain conditions are met then an asserted value is generated randomly among the particular mob to which it is applied. To trigger it that one creature needs to be killed within the time line of its generated life span. i.e. from the time it spawns as a red dot.

If that condition is not met (red dot disappears, drowns etc.) then a multiplier is added to the algorithm for the next time it spawns. So on and so on until the condition is met (creature is attacked by player/s) and up comes your global, HOF or ATH depending on how often the multiplier has been applied.

Of course the algorithm should always have variables like for instance how many peds are spent before it is triggered as to how high the value of the loot. Of course this is just a theory like many others and could possibly be generated by all the other theorem or interpretations I have consumed.

As an example, how many chirpy have you walked past in this game. How many have been killed over time. How many were surprised/appalled at a ATH on such a creature. Or apply that to Combibo. I was killed by plenty as noob in sweat camp but how many times did you hunt them. Or not hunt them because they were "below your level". Yet both of those low level creatures (and others) have appeared in the top ten HOF list.

And who else would be surprised? The programmers perhaps who might say "Oh I forgot about that it was so long ago that we applied the algorithm because we have been working on the more popular species and the income generated by them".

Anyway as I say just a theory as to why it's so random and perhaps why loot varies. And besides it's more positive than thinking someone sits there and decides "Oh I think I will give this loot to that Soc because they are all nice people who put lots of effort into the game" or "that Uber should get this loot I will put it in the next creature I see him shooting".

From a game design point of view it makes no sense at all. So very implausible.

totally agree on that one. And i am a game designer :p

Yeah.. when thinking of things like this, you should just try, for a minute, to think of yourself in MA's shoes.

What benefit does this have to MA, FPC, EU, the players, or anyone? None at all, and it's more complicated to design.

Therefore, I guess there is 0% chance of this being true in anyway

Ok.... now think a little about the "entropia" word..... comes from entropy, right?
Now take wikipedia and search for entropy in the information technologies context.... says something like too much variables to make it possible to "crack" the system.... makes sense to me from a MA point of view, not any other game designer point of view, there is RCE here, not some fake gold ;)

ofc just my 2 pecs :mytwopecs:

Lez. :wtg: (going to bed)

lores....stop dreaming up stuff about loots lol :p

best thing you can do is spend time (and money) in grinding on at least 3 professions for maybe.. say.. 6 months each profession :) coz even if you actually seem to hit upon an allround winning theory.. there will always be ppl here that will spin it round to mean absolutely jack shit :) go experience professions a bit more :)

I useally dont follow up becouse of people like you posting with such negitive attitudes. when i get positive feedback, i useally post responces. but when the negitivity reaches a certain level i just stop posting.

So if the majority of players want to see how i have come to such conclusions keep talking about it, and i will devulge more information supporting how i come up with the ideas. Keep posting negitively and i will give up attempting to explain to a crowd that contenues to boo me off the stage.

Best thing to do is record your cycling and pay attention and some pasterns will be found. But trying to make rhyme or reason with guesses or looking at hof/global chat is going to leave you chasing your tail. Sorry for assuming you base your theories on hof/global chat. I think hellraiser is right give it some time and cycle MANY 1000s of peds and come with some data to backup your opinion.

I have some personal theories and some friends of mine too. Most of which are backed up with math, but they are just theories still only MA knows for sure.

Kosmos.

just 1 thing :
Dynamincs
IMHO it's a variable depending on $ spent(generally),
all companies have a smallest budget to b worth working.
So when MoneyPit A.B. has enough $hite, and balancing is in + system gives/pays more.
2 hof is another story :O

U think too much!

Ok.... now think a little about the "entropia" word..... comes from entropy, right?
Now take wikipedia and search for entropy in the information technologies context.... says something like too much variables to make it possible to "crack" the system.... makes sense to me from a MA point of view, not any other game designer point of view, there is RCE here, not some fake gold ;)

Right.. but it still makes no sense.

I saw a large bird outside flying past the window at the same moment that a global appeared on the chat ...hmm, maybe birds are also in the MA loot algorithm.

Implausible yes, but who are we talking about here. if we are talking about the same company, then implausible means possible! would definitely not be common sense to make the loot pool like this, but this is ** we are talking about, not much common sense rolling around there, atleast it seems that way!

The "illogical" things MA does is in the details, the fundamentals seem pretty sound. It has to be else this game would not have been around this long.

r u asking why ppl think?sry bud
coudnt resist

No - i just ask why it is necessary to share every ridiculous thought that crosses ones mind.

I useally dont follow up becouse of people like you posting with such negitive attitudes. when i get positive feedback, i useally post responces. but when the negitivity reaches a certain level i just stop posting.

You really REALLY want to tell me that this is a "research thread"?

As i see it, you don't post follow-ups because once the laughable thought is outta your head and posted you will be too busy having more stupid ideas for more stupid threads - which you abandon after a couple of posts, too.

Basic Filters texture, my arse - wtf did you have for breakfast?

So if the majority of players want to see how i have come to such conclusions keep talking about it, and i will devulge more information supporting how i come up with the ideas. Keep posting negitively and i will give up attempting to explain to a crowd that contenues to boo me off the stage.

Bad wizz scared me out of my world-changing research thread... and now i am miffed and won't share my results - results on which i spent month of scientific tests!!!!1111

Dude, if you ever come up with something similar to scientific data to back this up i will happily donate you 10.000 EFD - but until then, don't act as you have some real data you could share (and just don't do because of all the "negativity") - we both know you make threads like this just for shits and giggles and not for some real research.

I just don't find 'em funny.

It is possible make an extremely simple system that is impossible to crack with just one input variable and one output variable. More variables only make the system more complex and more vulnerable for mistakes and thus for cracking.

what's a forum for?

No - i just ask why it is necessary to share every ridiculous thought that crosses ones mind.

relax ,i know u mean it only half serious.
Frankly i don't believe u wanna be thought police

Basicaly what all i am saying is just a small fraction of the system in place. one of the reasons i ask is from a basic factor in a person's success is determined by the friends a person has.

And alot of layers are involved in the whole loot system. i was just curious as to a society loot pool being a possible layer to the complexity of the system as a whole.

Not a single portion to be used as a sole system. that would be quite retarded. but as a layer to the complex system, it isnt that stupid in my honest openion. that a soceity loot pool holds a small % of losses to be picked up by some soceity members.

when you have losses, it counts to imput into various differnt pools of which feed differnt things. and when you do in fact get loot you can potentialy pulling from multiple pools to get some returns.

But beings i just post random meaningless shit all the time. that people just discard as Insane rambling from someone attempting to get some attention. I feel as if anything i have to say to anyone on the forums or in the game for that matter just really doesnt matter. Sure i start alot of threads but it is mostly to get a feel for differnt ideas, and how other people feel about them. And for the most part i feel as though alot of people are just out to flame me for their own plesure, rather than haveing some form of debate or disscussion on out of the box ideas.

Well anyways I am just about done talking with the most of you for a while, as a great portion of you are really rude. and only a small portion of people are polite or intelligent enough to understand what i am talking about. and have the patence to understand what i am trying to say. rather than discarding me as complete nonsense, becouse of my inability to explain simple concepts in a manner that are understandible the 1st time. And i am sorry for this inability of mine. my brain moves faster than my explanations. and aot of information is lost in the transfer.

Well anyways I am just about done talking with the most of you for a while, as a great portion of you are really rude. and only a small portion of people are polite or intelligent enough to understand what i am talking about. and have the patence to understand what i am trying to say. rather than discarding me as complete nonsense, becouse of my inability to explain simple concepts in a manner that are understandible the 1st time. And i am sorry for this inability of mine. my brain moves faster than my explanations. and aot of information is lost in the transfer.

Wow, it's been a while since i have read a post full of such emo-kid whining mixed with incredible arrogance. Initially, i just called you out on your pointless spamming, but i didn't expect HOW much you deserve to experience some kind of antagonizing.

And i'm unable to explain the simple reason why i sent you a -rep. I am sorry for this inability of mine but my brain just moves too fast....

:rolleyes:

/Edit:
Don't bother replying, you made it on my ignore list already.

Wow, it's been a while since i have read a post full of such emo-kid whining mixed with incredible arrogance. Initially, i just called you out on your pointless spamming, but i didn't expect HOW much you deserve to experience some kind of antagonizing.

And i'm unable to explain the simple reason why i sent you a -rep. I am sorry for this inability of mine but my brain just moves too fast....

:rolleyes:

/Edit:
Don't bother replying, you made it on my ignore list already.

If you dont like my postings why do you keep comming back to read what i have to say? Its only pointless spamming if thats what you think is pointless. and if it is pointless why waste your time posting? why waste your time posting anything at all?

Let me get this right. your sole purpose for reading what someone else has to say is to.... let that person know what they are posting means nothing to you as an individual?

It is possible make an extremely simple system that is impossible to crack with just one input variable and one output variable. More variables only make the system more complex and more vulnerable for mistakes and thus for cracking.

I think the system is multi- varibled. and the only way to really exploit it is to do high risk activitys. and if it is high risk. its not really exploiting.

I think the basic idea here is that if everybody posted their intital thoughts the forum would be so large as to be unreadable, it would take hours to wade through all the posts, promote pointless discussion and not be very informative.

One could however do a minimal amount of basic research, perhaps on Entropia tracker to substantiate some degree of validity from which a basic pattern or premise could be presented.

Also, don't be bummed out: there are many nice people here. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/images/smilies2/waytogo.gif

I think the basic idea here is that if everybody posted their intital thoughts the forum would be so large as to be unreadable, it would take hours to wade through all the posts, promote pointless discussion and not be very informative.

I actually think the basic idea is even simpler. We don't need more loot theories. JMHO

This is just a small varible in how loot is distributed. So be mindful of the buddys you have. if they are not cycling as many peds as you are odds are your losing peds, and the peds you lose will feed them.

But only on a small scale. as there are many other areas where loot comes from. and your society only accounts for a small % of loot returns.

This is what i feel to be true, and cannot be proven unless someone can openly disclose such information to the players.

Keep posting negitively and i will give up attempting to explain to a crowd that contenues to boo me off the stage.

*keeps posting negatively*

Dude, your thread got 1.40 out of 5 stars - doesn't that tell you something?

(and actually, i believe you gave your own thread 5 stars, this calculates to

1*5 stars + 9*1 star = 14 points

14 points/ 10 votes = 1.40 average ranking...

spot on, huh?)

Sad :rolleyes:

might be some truth, i had feeling socs do affect loot. usually when i join one, my loot stopped...like terrible. kinda like a waiting line. when you join a soc you goto the back of the line and everyone else does good

then when go solo, my hunting was back to normal.

you might be on to something, don't think you're crazy

might be some truth, i had feeling socs do affect loot. usually when i join one, my loot stopped...like terrible. kinda like a waiting line. when you join a soc you goto the back of the line and everyone else does good

then when go solo, my hunting was back to normal.

you might be on to something, don't think you're crazy

Thanks for posting you might be one of the only people that dont think i am totally nuts.

Dude, your thread got 1.40 out of 5 stars - doesn't that tell you something?

(and actually, i believe you gave your own thread 5 stars, this calculates to

1*5 stars + 9*1 star = 14 points

14 points/ 10 votes = 1.40 average ranking...

spot on, huh?)

I thought you put me on ignore. quit trolling my threads dude.

I play on ganja too!

All I ask of the community is to help me disprove this. just saying it is not true does not dis prove these ideas.

I also realise that i am a shit at explaining my own ideas. so i ask that you bare with me a little. I am also Shit at reserching properly.

But i am good at seeing abstract paterns. Randomness is not that random becouse Randomness can be calculated and made to be somewhat predectable, but still be within the realm of probibilitys.

This (Soc Pool) Idea, is not a whole end all be all part of loot distribution, but it is a small factor and varible (I beleive) in the complex math involved in calculating loot.

So if you have any examples of how this can be proven, Be it a small % change between Cycling peds in a soc, in comparrison to freelance Ped Cycling. Try to spot the patern.

I would do this reserch myself but i lack the funding nessisary and the situational conditions involved.

*Again I ask that you do not disprove this without attempting to dive into some personal reserch. *

By Stating it is not possible without any proof does not disprove a theory. And i do understand Stating a theory without proof is only a hyposithis.

Sorry for my mis-spellings i like keeping things not formal. and due to beleifs that spelling does not deduct inteligence, it just means your lazy. And me i am laid back :D

I checked out your posts on EF and 80% of the first 2 pages were neg comments to others so I just didnt bother looking further. My guess is nobody is reading your threads and you just need some attention :naughty: No tantrums please. And feel free to spread another neg rep around dude, from your posts I see you enjoy doing that.

I checked out your posts on EF and 80% of the first 2 pages were neg comments to others so I just didnt bother looking further. My guess is nobody is reading your threads and you just need some attention :naughty: No tantrums please. And feel free to spread another neg rep around dude, from your posts I see you enjoy doing that.

Your brain moves faster than your explanations, too? :rolleyes:

But hey, i'm not going to argue with you - a guy with green hairs and a forum name in double-qoutes obviously knows so much more about attention-seeking.... much more than i ever will!

:yay:

And yes, you were right - negrepping you felt good! :D

im shit in explaining too, but i dont believein ur theory.
In short i think technically it's too complicated.

and dont pay attention to wizzszz, if smt is sad than it's him

Circumstance can do so it looks like a system, but often, it's just circumstances.
But when some stuff happens again and again and again, who knows?
Just look at globals. How often doesn't socmembers get globals quite
close to each other (no matter what they do)?
So soclist(s) might have a triggerfeature for something, who knows? ;)

Maybe could activate chatlog and just collect info for a LOT of hours, and then begin to sort that info out based on soclists and see what happens? ;)

Back