Adjusted fap chat.

kygon said:
I agree, its not slow, I got mine when they cost 17.5k it totaly changed the way I hunt, and I never missed the decay of my 2600, I only rep my fap when I uber

I think 50k+ is a silly price for this fap and I hate to say it with an item i own BUT I feel more should drop at least until the price reaches 25-30k max

But surely you could say this about any rare item. How about more imp or mod faps dropping until they drop in price.

BruuD said:
It depends on what you want to use it for.
You want to save peds on decay? Then adj fap is a good option.
You want to take bigger mobs? Then adj fap sucks.

If i upgrade fap, it's because i want to tank bigger mobs than before.
With adj fap i can take the same mobs as with fap-90 / ek2600.
So to me adj fap is not that good.

Yes i agree you do take on the same mobs with an adj fap as you would fap-90 or ek2600. But if you intend to keep and use the adj fap then upgrading would make sense in the savings you would make in decay.
Upgrading doesn't necessarily have to be about taking on bigger mobs it can also be about efficiency. Imp and Mod are out of the reach of most of us and I see this as an alternative in the cost effectiveness of hunting.

Last edited:
Goldtop said:
But surely you could say this about any rare item. How about more imp or mod faps dropping until they drop in price.

very true lol :)

also I think ppl forget that

FAP > Armour (something prodiq mentioned when I was depressed and thinking selling angel to pay for adj fap was a bad idea after the fap skill nerf vu !)

if I have to fap 20 x on a big more compared to 1 time and having angel suck up all the dmg I'd pick the 20x fapping any day. Armor does not give you skills or evades ;)

I was gonna buy one, but 50k+? That is insane... There are better gear to invest your money in i think and ajd fap doesnot help you save that much decay..... ive got 3 ped armour + fapdecay without adj fap every round... adj fap wouldnt help me shit:p

Roth said:
i dont trust you, because i know you are wrong :silly2: its not that slow either, 2.3sec reload.. yes i know modfap got 2.0 and imp 2.1 but that doesnt make adj "SLOW". but if you bought it thinking that you can take on much bigger mobs then with 2600/fap90/fap110 then i can understand that u get dissapointed, its not that much better then them. but.. you can hunt much bigger mobs without spending a fortune on decay.

sure it doesnt compare with the imp/mod.. but not everyone can afford that kind of money. and its those that cant afford that kind of money that really need a money saver wouldnt you say?

still i think 52k is a bit much, but i thought so about the 43k i sold mine for too.. and the 22k i payed.. and the 5k i turned down long ago :) so obviously im not the best at deciding prices :laugh:

Adj fap is slower than 2600 you notice it clearly while hunting.
Adj fap is for people who can hunt with oplaos, it takes hella patince and it´s hella boring.
IMHO I still prefer a 2600 before Adjfap (Thinking of wich one gives most value for your money)

For 30-50K you can get a nice longrange weapon and hunt those mobs you can hunt with adj fap w/o armor before they reach you = no fapping. And even if they reach you a couple of clicks on 2600/50 dont cost much. Hence no value for your Adj.

Why would I discredit Adj Fap? I had one and can buy one if I want. You make it sound like I´am lying.

aridash said:
only if you assume that you'll sell it. until you sell it you are merely saving some other expense. you do not realise a profit or loss until the item is sold.

imagine if you bought today for 50K and the next VU released a new fap that fills the gap north of 90/110/2600? or an (L) fap that does 25 heal for 1 pec?

yes.. and what if you bought a modfap today.. and after next vu 500 faps that heals 200 ath 1pec decay is looted? what if after next vu imk2 start looting like crazy and several even better guns are made and looted? if you start thinking like that you can never buy anything at all.

ofcourse you will sell it, sooner or later you will. id say its a big chance that you will get most of those money back if not all or even more. the chance of getting the decay back from ek2600 is 0% so i prefer betting on the better odds. well i would if i needed it, but i hunt in another way these days where i dont have the need for low fap decay.

Roth said:
yes.. and what if you bought a modfap today.. and after next vu 500 faps that heals 200 ath 1pec decay is looted? what if after next vu imk2 start looting like crazy and several even better guns are made and looted? if you start thinking like that you can never buy anything at all.

actually no. if u start think like that, u'll pay price only on the actual merit of the item, not after some made-up "market price".

major-rage said:
Adj fap is for people who can hunt with oplaos, it takes hella patince and it´s hella boring.
IMHO I still prefer a 2600 before Adjfap (Thinking of wich one gives most value for your money)

For 30-50K you can get a nice longrange weapon and hunt those mobs you can hunt with adj fap w/o armor before they reach you = no fapping. And even if they reach you a couple of clicks on 2600/50 dont cost much. Hence no value for your Adj.

Why would I discredit Adj Fap? I had one and can buy one if I want. You make it sound like I´am lying.

nah not lying. just putting to much weight in 0.1 sec.. because thats how much slower adjfap is then ek.. adj still get better heal/sec. and no, i didnt notice it while hunting.. not at all, and i used it for 6 months i think and ek2600 long before that.

but yes longrange weapon can be a could option instead of adjfap.. when it can be used, but that depends on what you hunt. as I said, its great for some things, for others its overkill

major-rage said:

Exactly. It isn't that the Adj Fap is a bad fap (although it IS a bit slow), but the point is that with 50k you could buy better equipment that would make the healing ability of the Adj Fap irrelevent. The low decay factor seems to be the main argument of people (aside from resell value), but the truth is that if you can shell out 50k for a fap, why can't you afford the measely decay of a 2600? Like I said earlier, 10-20 ped or so for a 500 ped hunt if you have decent equipment. I'll stick with my 2600 and wait for more faps to be introduced.

Wooootz! Ain't payin' no mo' f**kin 52k fo some whack assz FAPPa!

Fo that sorta green I go get me some cristal, a moto, a whole gaggla beeatches an' takkem to ma crib fooo...

Dayyammm!

You one bunch o whack assz suckaz to buy that shit yallll! Why da hell would ya gank dat fo' such uh high price you know das right!

What those crackas at MA smokin? Wee-to-tha-dizzle :D

Peace out

Roth said:

point well missed. you should buy somthing based on the here and now and how much return it will give you over a period of time. if you pay 50K and you'll make that back in 4 years in decay savings and you are prepared to stick with it and use it that much for that long, then it effectivly becomes free at the end of that period. But you dont break even on it until then. thats what i was talking about, the break even point which you raised.

Noggin said:

Fo that sorta green I go get me some cristal, a moto, a whole gaggla beeatches an' takkem to ma crib fooo...

Dayyammm!

You one bunch o whack assz suckaz to buy that shit yallll! Why da hell would ya gank dat fo' such uh high price you know das right!

Peace out

I just got one thing to say about this:

word

Noggin said:

Dayyammm!

Peace out

Omg, Mudkicker hacked Noggin's EF account! :laugh:

BruuD said:

lol

I can see major-rage's view as well as Roth's here. The fact is that different players value different attributes and enjoy different things and as such are willing to pay (or not) for different reasons.

I was able to use an adj fap for a while and it completely changed my hunting style. I quickly came to despise paying for armor decay (skillgain-free taxation) when the adj fap would for the most part heal the equivalent HPs for less; i stopped wearing my gremlin suit that i'd just barely finished looting. I put on pixie or dragon and plates and hunted the same mobs as before but cheaper. So for me the adj fap was an eco enabler, not a hogglo-matic healer. If i had kept wearing the gremlin i could have stepped up in mobs, but that wasn't my idea of an upgrade, really.

However, it takes someone with a lot of faith in both MA and their own dedication to play EU for a long, long time to justify paying 50k peds for a fap that saves maybe 50% of decay on a hunt...

Altough i have no adj fap but mod fap i'll say that i though its handy when hunting i regret about buying it. i'll explain. i think same things you should consider when you are about buying an adj/imp/mod fap:
1) consider your network connection: i have like 100-150 ms pings to rp.entropiauniverse.com and when i use wi-fi connection which only basicly adds few more hops to that route i have all sorts of issues with the traffic passing from and to me. and on peak hours our ISP just can't handle it good enough. As alot of people remember, the VU that brought us 'new improved' action and tool switching interface also brough 'new improved' network code which makes us to wait few secods more (proportional to the connection latency/packet loss/whatever) before the switching occures. also you have a chance to get your gun of fap locked completely until relog.
think about the dissapointment after you discovered that you actually *have* to use armor or you will get killed due to the little glitches. the more price you paid the bigger it is.
2) consider the amount of money you paid for an item as spent until you recovered them back. just because you cannot exchange your fap for stuff in RL when you are in need of it. consider how you will regret of not using the money in RL after EU got dumped by another, new better bigger well supported online game and you recovered only 10 bucks of its TT value. :D
though of course its niiice to make a quick 200 buck by just buying and then turning around and selling the item proclaiming "its the new market price!!" the longer you keep and item the more risky it becomes.
i think its less risky to give a loan the money for a dinner of a friend who is going to visit a japanese restaraunt where he is going to eat one of those terrible deadly poisonous blowfishes japanese people eat raw than putting any considerable sum into EU.

aridash said:
point well missed. you should buy somthing based on the here and now and how much return it will give you over a period of time. if you pay 50K and you'll make that back in 4 years in decay savings and you are prepared to stick with it and use it that much for that long, then it effectivly becomes free at the end of that period. But you dont break even on it until then. thats what i was talking about, the break even point which you raised.

no not missed, you say that nothing is good is worth spending money on because what you say here is true for every single item in pe. most of all the imk2.

if u save 150ped a day in fapdecay that means it saves you 4500ped each month.. that means the fap can drop 4500ped in value every month and you still breakeven.. after 10 months 45000ped.
and belive me, 150 ped isnt that hard to save. but as i have said a gazzillion times no.. or atleast 5 :p if its worth it depends on what you like to hunt.

and you are wrong, as long as you see it as an investment that will gain value you have set the conditions where you have already broke even after the first heal. ofcourse, you may be wrong and the investment turns out bad.. but then you look at what ive said above.

if you keep thinking that you will have to earn back every single tt+ ped you spend to make it worth the buy then you are probably in the wrong game ;)

everything said above has turned out to be true according to my own expirences.

BruuD said:

That was too Ghetto, even for me bruh!!! :D

i couldnt come up with a reason to spend more than 20k for an adj fap, i had a 2600 for quite a while, and it worked perfect for tt+70, but when i wanted to hunt effeciently, i wouldnt hunt mobs that took a lot of fapping during the kill.

it would take an extremely long time to save 52k of decay. unless you are in dome 4 on cp in gremlin or less, then it would take about a day, lol.

i keep waiting for the fap VU, and seems like there is one coming soon, MA is just wondering how to implement it. all know it will be (L) faps, and dont most the (L) items have nice low decay? (L) faps are going to open this game up to a lot more players, i think

I take out more than 500 ped of ammo and what aurlis u hunt ones that olny hit for 10-20? I hunt stuff that hits for 50-100's More fapping.. I agree though that 50k is kinda high but about everyone saying it takes blah blah years to pay off YOU DONT NEED TO PAY IT OFF. After your done using it sell it for even more than what you bought it for so save on decay and on the investment...
Just like IMK2 I bought I couldn't Really Afford it But the money I saved on it over time and sold it for 105k ped later? Back then everyone thought 30k for an IMK2 was crazy.... But I made loads
Same with my adj I bought it used it for 3-4 months Sold it for 3-5k more than I bought it for and i saved a couple K hunting in that time..

Like I say 10-15 ped a hunt Adds up over time.. if you calculate how many hunts you have done in your PE lifetime at 10-15 ped you'd be suprised how much you spent JUST TO FAP.

Da,
This line of thought implies that whichever value is appropriate, as u can buy, use and then sell again at buy price + kpeds.

This is just plain false!

For anything, even in a close controlled market as EU, there's an equilibrium price. I don't know if 52k is the equilibrium price for adjusted FAP, but still one exists and will be reached sooner or later. Whoever buys at or above the equilibrium price will loose money.

Da, you were one of the early players in here and you took advantage of the growth curve of the game. But the growth cannot continue for an unlimited time.

Take care,
BB

Ogulak'Da'Dragon said:
I take out more than 500 ped of ammo and what aurlis u hunt ones that olny hit for 10-20? I hunt stuff that hits for 50-100's More fapping.. I agree though that 50k is kinda high but about everyone saying it takes blah blah years to pay off YOU DONT NEED TO PAY IT OFF. After your done using it sell it for even more than what you bought it for so save on decay and on the investment...
Just like IMK2 I bought I couldn't Really Afford it But the money I saved on it over time and sold it for 105k ped later? Back then everyone thought 30k for an IMK2 was crazy.... But I made loads
Same with my adj I bought it used it for 3-4 months Sold it for 3-5k more than I bought it for and i saved a couple K hunting in that time..

Like I say 10-15 ped a hunt Adds up over time.. if you calculate how many hunts you have done in your PE lifetime at 10-15 ped you'd be suprised how much you spent JUST TO FAP.

major-rage said:
Had one... Totally overated. SLOW, and you dont save that much. Do something else with your money... buy something fun like a new uber gun or armor... Adj Fap is CRAP, trust me... If you gonna by high end fap, get a Imp or Mod...

So true, adjfap is good to save a few peds on hunts where some healing is needed. Compared to ek2600 for example.

But to get back an investment of 50k+ you`ve got to hunt hardcore-like for years every day :rolleyes:

Venus said:
So true, adjfap is good to save a few peds on hunts where some healing is needed. Compared to ek2600 for example.

But to get back an investment of 50k+ you`ve got to hunt hardcore-like for years every day :rolleyes:

Everyone is assuming that this item will have no value when you dispose of it. MA makes their money on decay, it is a fairly safe assumption to say that although they could drop more frequently this item will NEVER drop like fap 5. What possible reason could MA have to drop something like this extremely often when its sole purpose is to lose them money. This is certainly not the case therefor this figure is DEAD wrong.

In my opinion it is worth 50-60k but no more. Having used one and having seen the savings it would not be hard to imagine this thing saving me 150 PED in fap decay every day or two. My 2600 eats me out of house and home.

It is ridiculous to say in a ladder skill based game that you should "only hunt things that do not require fapping". I am sorry and no offense but that is just a retarded statement. What is the point of skilling and gaining experience if all you are gonna do is use it to kill snables faster. This game is goal oriented. the carrot they dangle is getting skilled enough to kill things that make you hear "omfg you killed one of those" or get you a spot in an LG capable soc so you can gain a little free play.

If MA is nerfing the opalo/amp combo partly because it is too efficient and everybody uses it <sarcasm>I am absolutely positive that exaro young will start dropping mod faps in every loot starting with next VU</sarcasm>. As I have said a million times before, come on people, THINK.

Last edited:
Venus a few 10-20 ped a day add up for a serious hunter.. Probably more than 100k Has gone through decay in my fap alone. in years of hunting.. and remember you can sell for close or higher price than you bought it for. If I had the fap when I was just begginning to buy all my good items like imk2 etc. I would be 50k richer than I am today if I had WITHOUT Resell value

buckaroobanzai said:
Da,
This line of thought implies that whichever value is appropriate, as u can buy, use and then sell again at buy price + kpeds.

For anything, even in a close controlled market as EU, there's an equilibrium price. I don't know if 52k is the equilibrium price for adjusted FAP, but still one exists and will be reached sooner or later. Whoever buys at or above the equilibrium price will loose money.

Da, you were one of the early players in here and you took advantage of the growth curve of the game. But the growth cannot continue for an unlimited time.

Take care,
BB

And who says it cannot to grow for an unlimited time? Everything grows Economy grows More players join It'll always go up and it will get rarer with time due to accidental tt's and other misc ways of it getting terminated...
Think a Rare artifact IRL Will ever stop growing in price the longer and older it is the more its worth and itll never stop going up same with adj inless MA puts about 200 more faps ingame Which they wont cause an adj fap/imp/mod represents somthing unique and RARE Meaning itll always go up to whoever wants to pay for it. And even then 200 more faps is hardly anything if we get more users everyday... Even if MA add's other faps that compare with the adj fap its still gonna go for the same price Cause its Rare thats it. All you have to do is look at various items in the world today.. Theres bigger better than it but its more expensive just cause its rare and its special to have.

One lesson NOTHING can reach a Limited and cannot go for higher - Their is no limit.

And just for your information EU is anything than a close Controlled market.

Last edited:
buckaroobanzai said:
Da,

Take care,
BB

No disrespect meant but in terms of unlimited growth the Internet is an example of something with unlimited growth potential. I am sure in the early 90's people were also saying there is no way a domain name is going to sell for a million bucks but guess what IT DID!! Not everything has an equilibrium price. Only entities with a somewhat regular supply will have an equilibrium price. The fact is that really (although I doubt this would happen) the price could keep climbing indefinitely until it reaches a price that is equal to every cent that every player has in the game collectively because even at that price, although it would never happen, it could still be purchased.

Once again it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Anyone ever consider the fact that the prices are climbing on it like this because it is the only uber fap that is remotely affordable?

Ogulak'Da'Dragon said:
And who says it cannot to grow for an unlimited time? Everything grows ...

I'm not saying that EU will not grow anymore, I'm pretty certain it will in fact, but not for an unlimited amount of time. Well, I guess you did not take Economy 101 yet, so I think we may postpone this discussion for a little more.

And just for your information EU is anything than a close Controlled market.

EU is a close market, cause no entity can enter it with a new product and offer the same or a better service for a lower price. In other words, at least for the moment, I cannot decide to invest 1 million PED in developing the Stalker FAP, and then sell 5,000 of those for 1,000 ped each. This may slighty change if crafted high level FAPs are introduced, but then the following will apply too:
EU is a controlled market cause MA is controlling how many new items or crafting resources are entering the market in any given amount of time.
Therefore, I think it is quite correct to define EU as 'closed' and 'controlled'.

Take care,
BB

Kaiser said:
No disrespect meant but in terms of unlimited growth the Internet is an example of something with unlimited growth potential.

Not even the Intenet has an unlimited growth potential, as the dot-com bubbles clearly showed just a few years ago. I guess these lessons are too easily forgotten.

BB

buckaroobanzai said:
Not even the Intenet has an unlimited growth potential, as the dot-com bubbles clearly showed just a few years ago. I guess these lessons are too easily forgotten.

BB

Sure it does, the reason the dot com crash happened was because too many businesses got venture capital with no product and no business plan. Even after the grea dot com crash the Internet is still the fastest growing entity in human history. A perfect example is the fact that Google just bought youtube for 1.5 BILLION dollars. The Internet indeed does have unlimited growth potential. As long as new human beings are born and new computing devices are being created (neither of these are going to stop happening even remotely soon) as well as technology being taught and used in every single facet of our lives that growth potential still exists. All the dot com crash was, was a market self adjustment. It happened because people realized eventually that these companies were only making money because they had dot com in their name and not because they had a viable business plan or product. Once again take google for instance they closed today at a share price of 486.60 up 13.29 from previous days close. This is a perfect example of extreme growth potential. With very few exceptions they do not produce a tangible product yet they are worth more on a per share basis than power house blue chips like General Mills, GE, IBM, Shearson, Phillip Morris, etc. The Internet absolutely has unlimited growth potential. It will be here long after you and I are gone in one form or another although I admit it will certainly evolve and change.

I guess the reason it seems easily forgotten is because E-commerce is far beyond the highpont it hit before the dot com crash. All you are not seeing now is inflated values attached to worthless companies and thousands of fake millionaires.

I definitely don't agree on this, the Internet (nor any other venture) does not have an unlimited growth potential. It may still grow and prosper for a reasonable long time, but the growth potential is not unlimited. However this discussion does not belong to this thread, if you are interested in further discussing this matter we could continue by PMs.

Take care,
BB

Kaiser said:
Sure it does, the reason the dot com crash happened was because too many businesses got venture capital with no product and no business plan. Even after the grea dot com crash the Internet is still the fastest growing entity in human history. A perfect example is the fact that Google just bought youtube for 1.5 BILLION dollars. The Internet indeed does have unlimited growth potential. As long as new human beings are born and new computing devices are being created (neither of these are going to stop happening even remotely soon) as well as technology being taught and used in every single facet of our lives that growth potential still exists. All the dot com crash was, was a market self adjustment. It happened because people realized eventually that these companies were only making money because they had dot com in their name and not because they had a viable business plan or product. Once again take google for instance they closed today at a share price of 486.60 up 13.29 from previous days close. This is a perfect example of extreme growth potential. With very few exceptions they do not produce a tangible product yet they are worth more on a per share basis than power house blue chips like General Mills, GE, IBM, Shearson, Phillip Morris, etc. The Internet absolutely has unlimited growth potential. It will be here long after you and I are gone in one form or another although I admit it will certainly evolve and change.

I guess the reason it seems easily forgotten is because E-commerce is far beyond the highpont it hit before the dot com crash. All you are not seeing now is inflated values attached to worthless companies and thousands of fake millionaires.

If I may make a small point here...

Sure, many like myself don't really feel parting with 50 odd k of PEDs is really worth it for a healing box marginally superior to something you can get for just under 50k less, many do. Add it's comparitive rarity and swank value into the mix, stir for a couple of years, and you have an item which has a very good chance of going up even more in price dare I say it..

It has an even better chance of staying around a similar value for a while too, so if you use it for a bit then sell it, you have an item which might even make you a buck or two.

But then we could speculate about MA and how they handle the economy, and how something simply has to change over the next year or so for them even to remain competetive, I have a feeling that you'd have a pretty reasonable risk of losing $5000 too.

If you think of it that way, is a little healing box marginally better than other stuff available for almost 50k less really worth that risk? I mean, if it was looooaads better and/or you used it to full effect every single day for the next year at least arguably it might be worth it whatever.

Same if you knew you were going to keep your account, and be merrily fapping away with it for as long as MA can pay the electricity bills...

Those are at least the arguments which have gone through my mind many a time in the past. Whilst to many MA/EU's demise is the furthest from your mind, when spending that sorta cash you must at least consider it? Mustn't you? Or is it just me :rolleyes:

A strong factor about the silly prizes on items i think is...

ADDICTION

I would NOT be surprised if there is alot of people putting their savings in to EU.

I don't think theese people buying are rich do you :confused:

Back