An Idea I have...

EU too small for that, and too youg playerbase.

Dont aim too big man.

It's not $2,000, it's $1,000 for the Quarter page.

Title: Beckett Massive Online Gamer
Cover Price: $5.99 Cover Price (U.S) $8.99 (Canada)
Frequency: Bi-Monthly (on newsstand 2 months)
Readership: 100,,000 (and building)

Distribution: More than 50,000 retail locations, including Wal-Mart, Target, Comic and Gaming Shops, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Blockbuster, Toys R Us and many other mass market, specialty and hobby retailers.

I'm going to offer them a lower sum in hopes they accept it. Many times they do, or they will rebuttal or counter. Just have to try and see.

And yes, I'm an MMA Fight Promoter, started out training as a fighter before my wife started popping out kids for the past two years so I just started training again myself. I have 30lbs to lose all over again just to get to weight. meh

I'm sure the crabby pants of the forum are also chuckling at the month old player who upsets various forum members, gets a week ban for threats and with every 4th thread wants money from them (Holdings, Signatures, Advertising)

Well, you keep blowing through your $500's of PED and when you have got a better "feel for things" you may start taking on board some of the more negative comments of posters who have been here YEARS.

Well said, and made me laugh.

Maybe Mr. "bigshow" :rofl: should devote more time to real life as he just informed us his wife "started popping out kids for the past two years".

Nice, bet his wife loves knowing that's how he feels about his children being born.

Sigh, we always get a guy like this that comes along and knows everything about everything.

So about your idea, dude it's your money to waste if you want. But me thinks you need to understand the game a little more, like maybe 90% of it verse your 10% of it now. It's a much different game now then when I started and you really havent been here long enough to even come close to being quilified enough to do these things. Well, and be serious about it I mean. Anyone can write a few lines of :bs:

And when you get a neg rep from someone, and retailate back with a neg rep, you are only showing your own maturity. Which raises peoples eyebrows about you in the first place. Maybe you should think about what people are saying a little more instead of cencentrating on your own hurt feelings.

But there I go again, feeding this troll :duh:

You were neg repped because you are a troll who simply keeps repeating is insults and bewilderment as though you're some authority.

You have nothing to offer in all of your "years of wisdom" so you just attack people.

Let's face it, I know more than you, which is why you can't contribute more than I already have...

:laugh:

Let's face it, I know more than you, which is why you can't contribute more than I already have...

:laugh:

careful with your comebacks... what u think only might insult one may insult others....

I would advise you not to say you know more than others when you have only been in the game for a short time.... there is much more to entropia that you wont know yet. You can't expect those who have spent years building their knowledge and rep to take lightly to any new player giving it the 'i already know enough' card...

on the thread anyway.... Have you spoken with MA about publishing a write up in a magazine ? They have strict rules in the EULA about participants and the media...

EULA says....

"You cannot spread any rumors about MindArk, the Entropia Universe, and MindArk Staff or Partners, that can be considered potentially damaging, using the Entropia Universe, IRC or any other public forums in any media now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web space."

I'd be careful anything you write is not interpreted as a rumour, or that as your an inexperianced player, your write up could be potentially damaging.

Just a little Advice, don't have to take it.

Last edited:
Oh I understand Woodger, my comment was stating that if he knew so much, he would have more to offer this thread than attacks and arrogant trolling. Since he doesn't have anything to offer other than the aforementioned, I must be more knowledgeable than he.

I know enough to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish and anything I don't know I learn, same as anyone else really.

Oh I understand Woodger, my comment was stating that if he knew so much, he would have more to offer this thread than attacks and arrogant trolling. Since he doesn't have anything to offer other than the aforementioned, I must be more knowledgeable than he.

I know enough to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish and anything I don't know I learn, same as anyone else really.

So play EU One year and come back with ur thread.

See u later .

LOL you need to learn the difference between flaming an obscenely bad idea and trolling, reseller.

Well, good news.
The editor of the rag has expressed interest in my article and I'm nearing completion of it now.

I'd share it here, but I just feel I'd be setting myself up for more BS from the trolls who apparently aren't being policed today so I'll probably just let everyone know what happens as it happens.

Well, good news.
The editor of the rag has expressed interest in my article and I'm nearing completion of it now.

I'd share it here, but I just feel I'd be setting myself up for more BS from the trolls who apparently aren't being policed today so I'll probably just let everyone know what happens as it happens.

Man there are always going to be those who don't like your ideas in a forum. That is............well........a forum :rolleyes:

Just to be on the safe side I would run your ideas by someone at MA so as not to step on toes. For the most part when I set about to promote the screen loader art contest many years ago they were fine with what I proposed. Its just to bad they did not get the quality designs they were looking for. ahhh well that is water under the bridge now.

Readership: 100,,000 (and building)

Distribution: More than 50,000 retail locations

Well... If the numbers you posted are correct, there's a bit more retail locations than necessary :rolleyes:

I just sent the article off to Mindark for review prior to sending it off to Beckett.

2 things, none of them with much relevance.

"they are more apt to letting me publish an article relating to the ad."

That's not what apt means, the word doesn't work in that context.

2nd this, why MMA, do you like Mixed Martial Arts? I do, I just wondered about your name 'tis all.

GL with your ideas, good to see entrepreneurs in the game.

it's being written from the perspective of someone who has played EU for a little over a month, is almost level 10 is some things and has explored a fair bit along with burning through $500 worth of PED to get a feel for various things.

1. a month is nothing on a Entropian life

2. waisting $500 don't say a thing about you're knowledge of our universe, the people that knows the most about Entropia are the ones that deposit the least.

I'm sure most of us like the idea of an ad, but we prefer it's not written by someone wet behind the ears. And what are you're goals of this ad, more investors in the game? Do we want more investors or do we want more players?

But to have something positive atleast, rep for not giving up.

www.mmabigshow.com is my promotion.

As for the article, I doubt I will actually have to pay for it at this point as the editor has already expressed direct interest in the article.

I just sent the article off to Mindark for review prior to sending it off to Beckett.

Would be interesting to see the article, not sure how the law works, but even if you hadnt has asked ma to have a look, would the mag have had to get permission anyway from ma?

Am guessing so :scratch2:

One can dress something up how ever they like when posting, ma might say "You want to spend $1000 dollars advertising for us? Sure!!..and thanx lol"

Then you may come back and say "ma loved my idea!!"

Then I guess the next hurdle is getting the mag to run it, even if they did, with the agreement of adding your ad what happens then?

what is the next step?

Ok, at this point I am not planning on buying an ad and only planned on possibly doing that if I NEEDED to to get the article ran. I just got off the phone with the editor and the next issue is already done which will come out soon. The following issue is the Free To Play edition and the reason they are interested in my article about EU.

I've written the article and sent it to MA's PR rep for review. Once she approves it, then it will be sent off to Beckett for review and then hopefully, it will be used in the rag.

I could be doing all of this for nothing, but you know what, it may just work and if it does, great. Just something else fun and interesting to suppliment my current efforts.

Let's face it, I don't think it matter what the article says, there are going to be bored folks running around here who are going to troll and flame. I guess it's just the nature of some people.

I'm doing this because it's fun for me. Nothing more. Just how I like to do things.

If it falls through, I'll do something else.

Thomas Edison actually had 3,000 attempts to create the lightbulb. When asked about the failures he said "I didn't fail 3,000 times. I found 3,000 ways how not to create a lightbulb"

:D

Ok, so NO ad now :scratch2:

So, its just an article about entropia universe?

Which you will pay $1000 for.

But in the article, you have mentioned who you are and what you represent, and how you utilise EU?

But then what, just because you pay $1000 for someone to publish something doesnt mean you/your business becomes a worthwhile investment, it doesnt mean anything, apart from you are $1000 down even before you start.

Please explain, because all Im trying to do is understand.

Have you thought about talking to Neverdie? In terms of something to talk about in an article he is a good example of a success in investment, he's also not to bad at the ol' PR and marketing thing himself ;) You could probably collaborate on something like this in the future for a better effect. :)

Edit:

DJ, as far as i understand it the 1k would be for the Advert, but it looks like he doesn't need to have an advert to get an article in the mag (he thought that if he took out an Ad they would be more likely to print his article)

Reactions: dj.
Ok, at this point I am not planning on buying an ad and only planned on possibly doing that if I NEEDED to to get the article ran. I just got off the phone with the editor and the next issue is already done which will come out soon. The following issue is the Free To Play edition and the reason they are interested in my article about EU.

So if it's just an article, and if they are interested that means it won't cost you $1000?

I've written the article and sent it to MA's PR rep for review. Once she approves it, then it will be sent off to Beckett for review and then hopefully, it will be used in the rag.

Not necessary to show it to some experienced players before sending it away to the publisher?

Let's face it, I don't think it matter what the article says, there are going to be bored folks running around here who are going to troll and flame. I guess it's just the nature of some people.

If you want to do it right, it does matter what the article says. I'm not bored, i'm not running. And it's not because it's our nature, it's because we love Entropia.

I'm doing this because it's fun for me. Nothing more. Just how I like to do things.

So why you asked people to "invest" in this ad or article in the first place?

We are not saying that it's not a good idea, but if you do it, do it right!

Ok, here is the article I wrote.
If you have ideas on things to add, change etc. I'm glad to make edits.
No, if they approve the article I won't have to pay anything to anyone.
The article has been approved by the MA PR rep as I just got the email from her. I need to correct a couple mispellings/typos though.

A Month Old Perspective On Entropia Universe by Jason Appleton aka MMA Big Show

I’ve been playing MMORPG’s since Ultima Online. I’ve played just about every MMO released since then. I have had max level toons in multiple worlds and have been constantly searching for that one game that can keep me going for years instead of allowing me to get bored after 6 months and jumping onto the next new release. After playing one of the newest MMO’s which was a dismal failure I began searching the web for something I could really sink my teeth into and what I found was a Free To Play world called Entropia Universe.

Now, Entropia Universe, otherwise known as “EU”, is just like any other MMORPG with one major difference…it’s based on real world currency on an international level. In EU, PED is the virtual universe currency and 10 PED in EU equals one dollar. EU is free to play, you just download the client, register and you are off and running with a pair of plain orange clothes that scream “I’m brand new” and you are dumped into Port Atlantis with nothing but air and opportunity.

However, you can’t do anything yet because you don’t have anything to do anything with. You need money to start, so, you can either deposit real money and convert it into PED through the exchange system after registering your credit card on the EU website, or you can sweat animals for free. I began to sweat animals for about a couple hours and decided I could get 100 PED much more easily by depositing $10 which I did. I figured, if I paid retail for the game it would cost me $50, so making a little starter deposit to make my new beginnings easier was justified. Sweating is always a sure way to build some intial skills and make a little bit of PED to get started with but I personally don’t have the patience. So I deposited enough to get a Sollomate Opallo Rifle, some Trade Terminal Armor and some ammo and began hunting.

There are a million guides available online on forums such as EU Chronicle or EntropiaForum.com, the communities in which are very loyal to EU and have been around quite a while.

The big question people have about EU is, how can I make money? The answer is, any way you want to. I’m a bit out of an “outside the box” kind of thinker and as such I began my own “company” within the game. I started an investment fund for citizens to purchase shares of stock virtually from which the money generated is to be used to purchase a Land Area for recurring revenue streams that would go into the purchase of even more property and so on. The goal is 500,000 PED which equals out to $50,000. Yes, I’m not kidding and so far we have 90,000 PED worth of commitments. I also started a brokerage service as part of my company where I help sell or locate real estate or high end items for people on a commission basis. All of this can be found at EntropiaHoldings.com. Technically, doing what I’m doing I wouldn’t have had to deposit a penny and I could be making decent money, but I do anyway because I am also leveling my avatar to accomplish other things such as weapons crafting, tailoring, hunting and mining to name but a few of the something like 70 different options.

In EU, there are people walking around with $15,000 worth of armor on and it’s really interesting to see. Property values continue to increase and although I’ve been playing EU a little over a month at the time of this writing I’ve actually made around $600 doing what I do with more sure to come. I’m just getting started. This virtual world is for players. Period. There is no easy way to get rich if you go into EU thinking you are going to make a fortune overnight, chances are you won’t last a week. It takes time, patience and at least a fair understanding of how things work both in the game and in community politics depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you start with a major investment into EU, odds are high in your favor that you will turn a tidy profit from your efforts, say if you buy a Land Area today and run it for a while and flip it later after the property values have gone up. Though just buying a Land Area and sitting on it isn’t enough as it’s your job to fill it with animals for people to hunt which yields revenue through taxes paid upon the looting of those animals. The better your LA’s location (ease of access) and depending on the types of loot to be found from the various animals on your property that you select, all dictates your property’s value.

There are Hangars purchased 4 years ago for 14,000 PED that sell for 180,000 PED today. That’s buying in at $1,400 and selling out at $18,000…and it happens.

Some people get into Entropia Universe so deeply and get so connected to the economy that they make their living purely from EU. There are some super stars in the game who are known for their major 6 figure investments into EU such as Neverdie or Deathifier, both of whom own and operate multple properties within the community such as Banks, Land Areas etc. It’s actually interesting to see how these two compete with eachother on high end items to his the auction block. It’s like the equivilent of Microsoft trying to compete with Apple for new customers.

Don’t compare Entropia Universe to Second Life. It’s really nothing like it and in my opinion it’s much more involving than SL. There are no level caps in EU, no skill caps, you can level everything anytime, yet it’s much like any other MMORPG you are used to playing with the exception of the notorious farmers that ruin the economies of most games. They don’t exist in EU. When was the last time you looted $2,000 worth of loot from an animal in SL? It happens every day in EU. The higher your levels in your hunting skills, the more powerful mobs you can hunt and all of them have the chance to drop Hall Of Fame loots or Globals etc, which are huge loots that are announced to everyone on the server and are typically worth a lot of money.

Everything you do in EU increases a particular skill. The more skills you have and the higher they are, the more valuable they become. Let’s say I level my character to level 10 Sniper, Level 90 Animal Tamer and level 133 Weapons Crafting and one day I decide I want to leave EU, I can simply chip out (load my skills onto implant chips to sell to others) and sell them on the Auction House, withdrawl my profits into my real life bank account and go about my business.

If you are an avid MMORPG addict and burned out on all the grind quests and starting over, you may want to give Entropia Universe a try. With the new Cry2 Engine overhaul coming soon, the somewhat dated graphics are about to see a whole new level of awe and as such will drive many new players into the Universe which will in turn drive up property values as well as values of many other items within EU.

Stop by and see us soon and if you ever need a House, Shop, Land Area or high end armor or weapon, hit me up and I’ll take care of you.

Last edited:
Ok, at first my apology for being sceptic about this idea. I'm glad you showed it to us so we can see what you are talking about.

I think the story is good, just some small things that i noticed;

- entropiaforum.com is wrong spelled
- if you wanna get new players in maybe mention the mod. fap that sold long ago for 1000 ped and last has been sold for almost 450000 ped. Not anymore possible today, but hey, you wanna lure new players so why not mention
- maybe also mention that there are more deposit options then just credit card, credit card can scare some people
- good to mention the new CryEngine 2 but i wouldn't say the current graphics are outdated

Just some small opinions that pop up in my head.

LOL you need to learn the difference between flaming an obscenely bad idea and trolling, reseller.

Why is this an insanely bad idea? :scratch2:

I like the article! Nicely done!

Last edited:
read this, perhaps you have something to add from it to your article:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...verse/87819-i-love-game-but-dont-play-if.html

i don't think your article is bad. i just didn't like the idea a month old player trying to recruti others. the chance to misrepresent the game is high. however, people that have played a long time might be jaded. who knows, perhaps your naive perspective is helpful.

The opening chapter and the closing chapter both mention game addiction, can be quite a controversial subject, will be interesting to see if ma approves it.

Could be alot of gaming articles use the word addiction freely, I havent bought any so wouldnt know.

But gaming addiction with money envolved, could be seen as gambling, and we dont gamble..do we chaps!? :laugh:

Anyhoo, I would probably choose my words a bit differently, but then, its not my article.

Too many people assume too many things about me. I'm not some teenage dreamer with big ideas and no ability.

The sense of entitlement and cynicism in this community is truly prohibitive for anyone with fresh ideas to try and make things better.

Too many egos floating around thinking that because they have been here 4 years and wasted tons of money to get their skill titles that anyone new stepping in needs to do the same in order to be accepted as though wasting money and time grinding away is some form of a rite of passage.

I've got news for ya, I've been playing MMO's for over a decade and I fair to guess my overall experience in these types of virtual realms exceeds many on this forum. I don't know every detail of Entropia, but I know enough to accomplish things in the order I see fit while learning the rest.

Everyone here needs to just stop assuming I'm either some kind of scammer, some dumb nooblar who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground and step up to the plate in a constructive way.

Do you think my ideas and efforts are crap because I didn't go through the same process you did before attempting them or because it's just not possible? Why are they not possible? Because the majority of people are simply bored and cynical and just like you? I'm honestly asking here, not insulting.

Some of you here really need to consider the real reasons that you think the way you do. Open your mind a little and if you have a heart, try showing it and maybe, things around here will look more inviting to newcomers who will be more interested.

I see so many people proclaiming their interest in getting new people into the community. Why? So you have more people to crap on or because you want to see the community flourish? Seriously, I don't understand the mentality.

Relax and enjoy the opportunity, think outside the box a little and free yourself of the confines you have locked yourselves in. They are only making you cynical and bored.

:eek:

Dunno what prompted that post above.

Its like you do really well for a short period, act proffessionally..then what?

Its like you hit the brandy or summat, grab the soap box and turn emo..playing straight into the hands of those waiting for you to slip up :rolleyes:

10 PED in EU equals $1.
I would use US Dollar, cause many countries employ a $ currency...
should the article be read anywhere outside the US...

EU is free to play, you just download the client, register and you are off and running with an pair
a pair

an Opallo Rifle
Sollomate Opalo

EntropiaForums.com
EntropiaForum.com

and chances are, if you go into EU thinking you are going to make a fortune overnight, chances are you won’t last a week.
Very close double use of "chances are", looks a bit clumsy.

yields

Jon Neverdie or Deathfiler
I would just use Neverdie.
Also its Deathifier!

huge loots that are announced to everyone on the server and is typically worth a lot of money
would "are typically" be better than "is typically"?

withdrawal my profits
withdraw

#########

So much about corrections.
Also I'd like to state that your introduction of yourself is leaving a quite negative aftertaste.
Its a bit like "Hi I am an addict and would like to tell you about how cool the drugs I use are"
It would be much nicer if you would change it to a more positive approach to MMORPGS.

Sure you did play them a lot and sure it might have had addictive characteristics, but what is more relevant is the fascination, why you did it.
As example:
"From the early stages of available MMORPGS I was fascinated by the concept of huge online gaming communities.
I did not play for myself - secluded - some game no one would ever notice that I maybe got a highscore in.
MMORPGS took the best of arcade machines, the sharing with friends and offered this to the whole wide world at once.
Even marriages bridging continents happened that way and I was following this phenomenon from the early stages from Ultima Online times on to now where there is a wide selection of MMO games out there for every taste."

I guess you get my idea, would be cool if you would still change it :)

Too many people assume too many things about me. I'm not some teenage dreamer with big ideas and no ability.

The sense of entitlement and cynicism in this community is truly prohibitive for anyone with fresh ideas to try and make things better.

Too many egos floating around thinking that because they have been here 4 years and wasted tons of money to get their skill titles that anyone new stepping in needs to do the same in order to be accepted as though wasting money and time grinding away is some form of a rite of passage.

I've got news for ya, I've been playing MMO's for over a decade and I fair to guess my overall experience in these types of virtual realms exceeds many on this forum. I don't know every detail of Entropia, but I know enough to accomplish things in the order I see fit while learning the rest.

Everyone here needs to just stop assuming I'm either some kind of scammer, some dumb nooblar who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground and step up to the plate in a constructive way.

Do you think my ideas and efforts are crap because I didn't go through the same process you did before attempting them or because it's just not possible? Why are they not possible? Because the majority of people are simply bored and cynical and just like you? I'm honestly asking here, not insulting.

Some of you here really need to consider the real reasons that you think the way you do. Open your mind a little and if you have a heart, try showing it and maybe, things around here will look more inviting to newcomers who will be more interested.

I see so many people proclaiming their interest in getting new people into the community. Why? So you have more people to crap on or because you want to see the community flourish? Seriously, I don't understand the mentality.

Relax and enjoy the opportunity, think outside the box a little and free yourself of the confines you have locked yourselves in. They are only making you cynical and bored.

I've got news for ya, you've got the biggest ego on the forum right now. Stop asking for money and people wont think you're a scammer, stop saying dumb things and people wont think you're a nooblar.

If you think too many people are making assumptions about you, from what you post, you certainly are making them about your fellow participants.

If you're like this after 1 month, I'm starting to dread what you'll be like after six.

The article has been approved by the MA PR rep as I just got the email from her.

Congratz, great article!

I think you're great and you have a big future ahead of you.

And I think a lot of people - the haters at least - are jealous of you becouse you're innovative and brave.

Why didn't a 3-4-year old player come up with this idea for example?
Becouse they don't have the ability. Me neihter...

You don't follow paths, you make them.
Go MMA!
+rep

Back