Ancient Greece Shares

I reckon it's time for an update again:
Well, since and including 20th June we've had 7 payouts of a pec, which happens to be what the other weeklies on the baseline 10 ped model have achieved as well. NTI shares are still selling at slightly more discount, however, and the big chunk of AG 10-pedders is only being nibbled at.

For those that can afford it, CLDs have the highest returns it would seem, even at 3k peds each, but nowhere can be said to be doing great...

Oh, and of course the moloch pays towards the shares - the action there is crucial in fact, as neither the gorgons nor the rest of NI appear to have much turnover.

I believe we're getting a pp update very soon, so let's hope for something that is popular and stays popular for a while... :)

With the last VU there is new event area that corresponds to 2 repeatable missions at the moment. Very good for making events and pushing some more revenue to Greek Shares.
  • An event area can be found in Ancient Greece. Chimeras and Bullmen have escaped their prisons at Thebes Market and colonists need to keep the numbers under control. You will now be able to create your own events within the area.

I reckon it's time for an update again:
Well, since and including 20th June we've had 7 payouts of a pec, which happens to be what the other weeklies on the baseline 10 ped model have achieved as well. NTI shares are still selling at slightly more discount, however, and the big chunk of AG 10-pedders is only being nibbled at.

For those that can afford it, CLDs have the highest returns it would seem, even at 3k peds each, but nowhere can be said to be doing great...

Oh, and of course the moloch pays towards the shares - the action there is crucial in fact, as neither the gorgons nor the rest of NI appear to have much turnover.

I believe we're getting a pp update very soon, so let's hope for something that is popular and stays popular for a while... :)
NI doesn't count towards Ancient Greece share. So the Bulk is Moloch, Gorgon, Myrinian it looks like. Gorgon turnover is decent, but definitely less than Molochs.

Looks like 173 Regular gorgons killed this month and 22 gorgon shades. Sadly I don't have the numbers yet for how much ped cycle is needed to get to Gorgon or Gorgon shade. I think phase 1 is like 450 or 500p and phase 2 is like 800p. Not sure beyond that cause I've not soloed* phase 3+.

NI doesn't count towards Ancient Greece share. So the Bulk is Moloch, Gorgon, Myrinian it looks like. Gorgon turnover is decent, but definitely less than Molochs.

Looks like 173 Regular gorgons killed this month and 22 gorgon shades. Sadly I don't have the numbers yet for how much ped cycle is needed to get to Gorgon or Gorgon shade. I think phase 1 is like 450 or 500p and phase 2 is like 800p. Not sure beyond that cause I've not soloed* phase 3+.
on top of whats said here you have the sales from the shops/booths in AG also, that count

on top of whats said here you have the sales from the shops/booths in AG also, that count
Yeah I'll continue to ignore that lmao. 1 gorgon kill is equal to literally all the ag shop sales for a a year if I had to guess.

Yeah I'll continue to ignore that lmao. 1 gorgon kill is equal to literally all the ag shop sales for a a year if I had to guess.
ur likely not wrong lol would be interesting to see where it all comes from specifically broken down

ur likely not wrong lol would be interesting to see where it all comes from specifically broken down
I mean you can just check based off of globals and how much the mob costs. Shit me hunting an hour doing bullmen will provide more profit to AG share than the market tax lmao

EU downtime investor rantlet:
I see a red car and I want it painted black could be how I feel, so maybe more on the negative side, but as new vus continue to deliver both good and bad...
What is it with speeling? If ind riting unkorektli to be majorly sloppy, especially when it's multiple times. Something like 4/10 of the new blueprints available at the fairground are offered as bluperints - copy and paste typos even it would seem, judging by the two npc menus when compared.

Then there's the actual bp offering, of just 5 (L) clicks in return for silver tickets. I see that boar tusks are now available. I know I've mentioned this in the past, as it's not good to have current bps with unavailable ingredients, even if the weaps you can actually make seem pretty poor. Now you've added the insult of expensive and time-limited availability on top? But yes, I suppose they are now back in the game, oh joy!

I can see every vu that devs continue to experiment with the wave characteristics of loot. On one mob the loot at least spreads out over 20 minutes or so if not madly farmed by another 1 (ONE) person on the same mob. Other wave loot may be looted in just 60s or so. It makes me want to logoff, rather than having to greedily chase stuff on a timer!!!

I almost don't want to mention a couple of good things, as devs may end up more proud of themselves than ashamed.
In brief, new dailies/weeklies, yes. Insta-tps, yes, harvesting area added, yes

I can also report that planet activity seems to be up slightly in terms of numbers, but we are still much too highly dependent on the moloch being popular as the major source of turnovers for share payouts I feel.

EU downtime investor rantlet:
I see a red car and I want it painted black
so paint it black... but personally I think yellow with black stripes may be a bit more pretty (that's the color of one of the slot cars I'll be buying with the funds I am using from a withdrawal that includes all of the greek shares I recently sold out of)... perhaps it's time for you to cut losses and do likewise?

I haven't actually checked the fields of the colourable bumper car from the rollercoaster yet, but maybe yellow+black stripes for a virtual bumper car for me then on the fun side of stuff (of which there is indeed some...).
Not got losses from my minimal amount of AG shares, as the payouts are actually ok comparatively speaking. I just don't want to increase my support when so much is on the poor side. That the NI team are still the best the universe has (may or may not be a controversial statement) is also not terribly rosy.
There is so much potential - I would love to be a game world designer, education environment designer etc etc. EU on UE5 still has that potential, but may well only be minimally enacted, I am aware of that while I 'potter' away at skilling this and that for my virtual self...

Last edited:
Short update that we actually got a 2-peccer payout this time round. I noticed nothing special about turnovers, so this week suggests it was an accrued rollover from averaging over 1 pec in recent weeks, mainly from molochs, as usual.

In that sense, the patient is thus stable... and the pp is presumably getting enough revenue to continue with development. As far as I can tell, however, the latest introductions of the sunken gallery and the carnival island have done very little to encourage turnover. The ticket types for the carnival require crystalline cores, which in turn require bloodstone, which are literally 'missing in (the) action'. Just a few seem available per wave, but the devs are apparently looking into this.
Resultingly high ticket mus may thus be a deterrent to people using them, but I see very little point anyway, to be honest. The instance that is supposed to be first-person and pvp doesn't seem attractive to me even as (for now) non-pvp and 3rd person view possible. The ghostly screechers are also available in the mushroom instance, but waiting for waves and mildly better mu (overall based on turnovers) just doesn't cut it in either instance.

Positive close: a dev went to the sweating circle at the weekend and became a peaceful sweat dragon a few times for the orderly circle of maybe 20 sweaters that joined in. This encourages people to get together - I approve! :)

The ticket types for the carnival require crystalline cores, which in turn require bloodstone, which are literally 'missing in (the) action'. Just a few seem available per wave, but the devs are apparently looking into this.
This. This needs to be fixed if they want people crafting cores. I tried hunting for bloodstone myself recently, spent like an hour shooting to get a wave, got a few bloodstone crystals and then the wave was over. Another hour or so of shooting for nothing and then another wave stated, but this time i got only one bloodstone drop, rest was phenacite and other stuff that drops during waves, but almost no bloodstone. I repeated this process 2 or 3 times during different days... same :poop: Gameplay wise this isn't viable.

I would suggest adding these crystals as rewards to one of the daily hunting missions that were nerfed recently, brown papoo or robot daily.

Short update that we actually got a 2-peccer payout this time round.
Well Molochs are the most popular mob in the game by far right now. I do believe there is more turnover in AG right now. Small player stuff doesn't effect the AG pay outs. It's the ubers

No payout this week, but that just returns us to a steady average of 1 pec recently... so no big deal.

On people's experiences over at NI/AG, balancing issues are still very jumpy. One loot with good mu was either externally restocked to the loot pool, or someone did a larger crafting run (a method tested in the past for observing wave settings). It took 48 hours or less to dry out the new influx. If it had been a player who knew about this, I'd assume a faster regathering of that particular loot, so my guess is that it was a manual or AI-ish addition.

update: no payout this week. We had been averaging a straight 1 pec for weeks now, but ok, mayhem with a two better/good CLD payout weeks has maybe had an effect after all.

At the end of Jan22 I noted there were 266k shares left unsold. Nine months later and I think it's been 230k plus a few for weeks and weeks. Absolute stagnation in the reduction of 'originals' at ten peds recently. The competitor offerings have come down in price somewhat, so not good for people holding those, but more attractive/ less unattractive for new people to buy. That may partly explain it.

We are still peddling backwards in terms of balance. What is the point in having a daily crafting mission for skills if the mats make it prohibitively expensive? I don't know how many people would have done the extra halloween thing if the ticket mus hadn't been so high, but the poor takeup also resulted from the same insanely poor balancing of mats. Again, what is the point of even programming an event if it's short, too expensive and too far away on the other side of the universe for more than a handful of players to bother to show up?

How can I get it across in plain terms? It's like an open air swimming baths with an ice-cream vending machine, but on a hot summer day it sells out by 11am and doesn't get restocked until the next day. Over time, countless children are in tears that they can SEE an ice-cream machine but can't have an ice-cream. Parents even stop taking their kids there after a while. The ONLY noticeable positive about the situation that I can see is that people in the know stand with their backs against the machine to cool themselves down, but even that can only make a couple of people mildly happy for a short time - and it's uncomfortable anyway. One weekend a teenager tipped the machine over and lay down on it for 30 mins, but then got thrown out and the machine was unplugged and removed completely.
Jokingly, it would be nice to see this little story go viral, but without an explanation. How many people would be able to say "Ahh, I think I recognise what Jetsi is talking about!"?

Same thing was seen on Toulan with Mokhat jellys and tabtab hides. Planet partners as far as I understand can't do anything about the drop rates they can only just kindly ask MA to improve it, which never seems to happen. And why would they change? The loot wave model seems to be working for them since we're still here.

The loot wave model seems to be working for them since we're still here.
It does indeed seem to be their way of thinking, but it's like having a restaurant with 20 tables but only 4 chairs, and thinking that is so great because the 4 chairs are usually occupied. Even that doesn't say anything about what the bums on seats are doing in terms of turnover.
Still, NI/AG does at least have an instance with half a dozen seats of high-roller turnovers, that almost alone generates the 1 pec per week in payouts.
The rest is almost "cosmetic" ... but what will happen when UE5 comes along? What will the dynamics across the universe and planets be like then? It's not really very far away when considering how long EU and a large portion of the playerbase have been here...

So, while most of the playerbase was probably at work or doing other stuff in whatever timezone, some shops apparently got put on auction and were sold at 'faster than NTI' speeds, it would seem. Yes, it was mentioned in the notes that there would a listing at some point on the following day if all went to plan, but to have a potentially low buyout and on the AH at the same time is crazy!

(Edit: deleted erroneous info!...) It was apparently 7 plots that sold for an average of I believe 7k each, but the history got altered later in the day because all plots are on the same history (another yay! in this day and age with thousands of auctionable items available, but plots are just one cat!).

I write this here because a willingness or not to invest in AG shares depends also on the 'surroundings'. Yes, I have a caravan shop, because I finally wanted to test what having a shop was like, and NI/AG has been making quite some progress overall in recent times. It was also at buyout along with some other house plots that had been trickle-released, but I had time to think about it and then go for it.

Anyway, the deeds continue to not sell for 10 most of the time. Maybe the people buying actually WAIT for someone who wants to sell at 9.9x, so that players aren't stuck holding what they've bought. That'd be nice and altruistic, but I dunno if it is the case.

The change to the one mission rewarding bloodstone now may help turnover again on the crafting mission and the carneval tickets cost, so that is a good step in my opinion, but it does make the AG mob that dropped it less desirable, even if the turnover is a minimal contribution to payouts. It is, however, action taken by the devs and a step, but me being rather annoyed on a regular basis (^see thread) keeps putting me steps backwards as well. C'mon, please...

Last edited:
So, while most of the playerbase was probably at work or doing other stuff in whatever timezone, some shops apparently got put on auction and were sold at 'faster than NTI' speeds, it would seem. Yes, it was mentioned in the notes that there would a listing at some point on the following day if all went to plan, but to have a potentially low buyout and on the AH at the same time is crazy!

(Edit: deleted erroneous info!...) It was apparently 7 plots that sold for an average of I believe 7k each, but the history got altered later in the day because all plots are on the same history (another yay! in this day and age with thousands of auctionable items available, but plots are just one cat!).

I write this here because a willingness or not to invest in AG shares depends also on the 'surroundings'. Yes, I have a caravan shop, because I finally wanted to test what having a shop was like, and NI/AG has been making quite some progress overall in recent times. It was also at buyout along with some other house plots that had been trickle-released, but I had time to think about it and then go for it.

Anyway, the deeds continue to not sell for 10 most of the time. Maybe the people buying actually WAIT for someone who wants to sell at 9.9x, so that players aren't stuck holding what they've bought. That'd be nice and altruistic, but I dunno if it is the case.

The change to the one mission rewarding bloodstone now may help turnover again on the crafting mission and the carneval tickets cost, so that is a good step in my opinion, but it does make the AG mob that dropped it less desirable, even if the turnover is a minimal contribution to payouts. It is, however, action taken by the devs and a step, but me being rather annoyed on a regular basis (^see thread) keeps putting me steps backwards as well. C'mon, please...

Just for the sake of accuracy, there were a total of 5 shops, not 7, with 70 item points each, located on Carnival Island, that sold with a buyout of 10k, not 7k.

The fact that they all went really fast just goes to show that there is still a huge demand for more shops and that no matter where you put them, people will most likely buy them.

I welcome the accuracy, thank you. The history charts are terrible for trying to work out something even as simple as a few sales that stand alone, because it lumps a few minutes into one. I also didn't write anything down, and a bit later a couple of new trades of whatever deeds had changed the daily average.
I've read that it may not all have been shops on offer, so is it possible that the added flower teleporter takes people to an appartment area, and that two of those were sold as well? I still can't make the maths quite add up, but it's great you have provided the shop info for historical reference.
10k also makes more sense, but 70 item points is actually less than a caravan shop, so is there anything about an extra area/display area that holders get?
As you can probably guess, I'm not there at the moment to check details for myself, so thanks for the window onto the islands :)

Just for the sake of accuracy, there were a total of 5 shops, not 7, with 70 item points each, located on Carnival Island, that sold with a buyout of 10k, not 7k.

The fact that they all went really fast just goes to show that there is still a huge demand for more shops and that no matter where you put them, people will most likely buy them.
10k is super cheap. They put the BO way too low imho.

I welcome the accuracy, thank you. The history charts are terrible for trying to work out something even as simple as a few sales that stand alone, because it lumps a few minutes into one. I also didn't write anything down, and a bit later a couple of new trades of whatever deeds had changed the daily average.
I've read that it may not all have been shops on offer, so is it possible that the added flower teleporter takes people to an appartment area, and that two of those were sold as well? I still can't make the maths quite add up, but it's great you have provided the shop info for historical reference.
10k also makes more sense, but 70 item points is actually less than a caravan shop, so is there anything about an extra area/display area that holders get?
As you can probably guess, I'm not there at the moment to check details for myself, so thanks for the window onto the islands :)

I, like many of you, shall look forward to someone attempting to sell shops for months on end on this forum for 2x - 3x what they paid ;)

:bump:

I, like many of you, shall look forward to someone attempting to sell shops for months on end on this forum for 2x - 3x what they paid ;)

Yeah that is what is happening, and I have received some messages asking if I'm interested in buying one... Alas I'm holding onto my PED and still waiting for the 2nd most important planet in EU to wake up and DO SOMETHING! :cry:

10k is super cheap. They put the BO way too low imho.

They put a buyout ??

:rofl:

EDIT: Actually I'm rolling that round. I've received higher offers for my booth, which I would be unlikely to sell.

If anybody that got one of these is interested in a straight trade for a plain booth on Caly hit me up in DM to discuss the location. 10 items, outdoor booth.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
At the end of Jan22 I noted there were 266k shares left unsold. Nine months later and I think it's been 230k plus a few for weeks and weeks.
Just to close off the year, someone bought a block of shares (something like 11k) a couple of weeks ago at 10, putting our current remainder at 219533, with over 1k available below the 10 level. That makes one single purchase quite significant, but even so the level of sales is poor, as everyone can see.

All non-CLDs pay out poorly during mayhems, so the positive is that the players are potentially still on NI/AG (and elsewhere), just instancing themselves away for quite a large number of hours. I assume the higher players who feed the bulk of turnover know why they favour mayhem gains over moloch, but moloch wins out again in the time between events. Payouts themselves for the year? I think 49 pecs if I see correctly.

Use for loots continues to grow fairly slowly, but is upwards as new content comes. Volumes on auction are very low, but the number of (L)bps available has been rising. We are trickling uphill at least, but what changes 2023 and UE5 will bring = largely unforecastable... HNY!

So, we are a week into Feb 2023 and the TWEN has started. Caly has seen a nice rise in payouts just now, as well as CP and Ark Underground. Meanwhile, we languish a bit here. I know that very low mobs can drop unreal tokens, but obviously not terribly frequently. If people just keep doing their stuff, then it's a small extra bonus. A bigger effect may be people refocussing their efforts when it comes to larger mobs. If the moloch or gorgon drops something nice from TWEN, it would be a good confirmation of drops on NI/AG, but for now I guess we wait and see... gl all.

So, we are a week into Feb 2023 and the TWEN has started. Caly has seen a nice rise in payouts just now, as well as CP and Ark Underground. Meanwhile, we languish a bit here. I know that very low mobs can drop unreal tokens, but obviously not terribly frequently. If people just keep doing their stuff, then it's a small extra bonus. A bigger effect may be people refocussing their efforts when it comes to larger mobs. If the moloch or gorgon drops something nice from TWEN, it would be a good confirmation of drops on NI/AG, but for now I guess we wait and see... gl all.
Can you post what the payouts have been and when lately for AG? My google sheet got all fucked up

Ah, erm, right... yes.

The payouts for the last 10 weeks, Dec, Jan, Feb have been 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1.

As of now, we presumably also have integer pec payouts from the CLDT shares, and people will drop the T and call them CLD shares pretty soon, I guess. The ride on all planets may be a bit of a rollercoaster this year, depending on when and where events are happening. Not just that, but specific TWEN item drops may see people 'following' the nicest drops from whatever mob in the hope of more. For AG that would presumably be gorgon that may see loads of people come, or moloch that may see those who have qualified for the depths come.

There's been no notable action as far as I can tell in the last six weeks or so. The shares have been rolling along at one pec per week and share trading has been almost all p2p, although some were sold at 10 peds I think. Easter Mayhem is 5th-25th April as a possible reason, should payouts happen to fall a bit in the next couple of weeks. Access from NI is possible, though, so players can stay where they are if not spending all online time in Mayhem.
Edit: I seem to have missed something of a sell-off and recovery that resulted in a dip to around nine peds. By missed I simply mean I didn't see it. I assume it was someone wanting to sell a moderate amount and the discount needed to find a willing buyer. I know nothing of either side.

Last edited:
Back