News: Announcing Triton Industries Shares

Next in line of glorious money grabs:

Issue Shares in the Share Exchange allowing for a share of fees generated by trading shares!

Im sick in bed so had some time to burn... got to minute 33 of video and just couldnt take it anymore....
This guy is either troll or complete moron without basic understanding what he is talking about...
What's dangerous about this kind of people i that they are convinbced that they are right...
I'm not sure how you made it to 33 minutes... I lasted about 2..

So, still no answer to my original question of whether the CLD payout is affected by this. Some good points from clever ppl here in this thread, but bottom line, this is an RCE and a real life investment opportunity, MA can we please have some clarification, I mean seriously ???

So, still no answer to my original question of whether the CLD payout is affected by this. Some good points from clever ppl here in this thread, but bottom line, this is an RCE and a real life investment opportunity, MA can we please have some clarification, I mean seriously ???
It is not CLD. It is CLD Trust. If CLD Trust payout is affected by this all trust is lost and nothing is left. There will be no game. So, no. CLD Trust payout will not be affected by this.

This post is a sneak peek of what is to come, they write in the post 'Stay tuned for additional information and all the details about the shares!'

Announcing Triton Industries Shares, Home of the Sand King​

Triton Industries is now offering shares on Triton Island, a small island northeast of Amethera on planet Calypso, also known by Entropians as the “Sand King Island”!
Name of the shares must be "Triton Island Shares" or "Sand King (Island) Shares".

Saying: Many Entropians now avoid rugs.
The info update needs to specifically mention a pledge to protect current and future land areas in terms of attractiveness, methinks. Not that it will mean very much, but it might mean a little.
yeah. that will never happen, and IF so .. it is worth not even the paper where it´s written on ... shiny bright future they already promised before the servers shut off to implement Cryengine 2 - as they came back on one week later .. a lot people cried hot tears about the fuck up they left to start with .. and i am not talking only about changing land and mob areas ..... however .. it took years and years to get atleast a little bit of it back ....i highly doubt they will do better this time....

What worries me more and more with EU is the neverending increase of "MU vs TT" ratio.

Let's imagine Elon Musk discovering EU and deciding to buy all items existing in EU for their current market price, from the whole playerbase.
- He pays X millions of PEDs.
- Then he TTs everything (because he can) and get Y millions of PEDs.

How much is now Y/X ?
50%, 20% ?

Because at the end (far far in the future), when EU will close, only the TT will be cashed out by the last player.
And X - Y will just disappear in thin air.

This post is a sneak peek of what is to come, they write in the post 'Stay tuned for additional information and all the details about the shares!'
Nothing good will come out of it. And if they say they will add this, do this etc, it will just be lies like with other stuff they promised and never delivered.

Nothing good will come out of it. And if they say they will add this, do this etc, it will just be lies like with other stuff they promised and never delivered.
It will, SK island will be best area in game, until the point where shares are sold out, then it will be forgotten for time to consume.

Im sick in bed so had some time to burn... got to minute 33 of video and just couldnt take it anymore....
This guy is either troll or complete moron without basic understanding what he is talking about...
What's dangerous about this kind of people i that they are convinbced that they are right...

Watched it also at least one point i find hem wrong What do think he is wrong about ?

so i was offline for about a week and now mindark is selling off sandking island

wtf

between halloween mayhem, merry mayhem and during twen event?

rip peds lol

First Calypso was sold, then they took a piece of calypso and sold it again (NTI) and now they took another part and sold that too.

Whats next...? The cliffs with Aetherex on Sandking Island be sold separately.....?

Watched it also at least one point i find hem wrong What do think he is wrong about ?
Quite a few things he was wrong about, but just to concentrate on the main things he ranted about multiple times every few minutes:
- "this is not taxed area"
- "there is no income from that area"
- "they are selling shares that will not generate any income, because there is no tax"
- "triton industriales is not even a company, they just made it up and try to make money on this fake"

Mind those are not literal quotes (as I don't really have stomach to go back to his video) but things he stated multiple times through portion of video that I saw.

Simple answer why he is soo wrong about this can be summarised as:
- Triton Industriales is an ingame company, created to manage this portion of a land and to split revenue stream from this piece of land
- there is no need for this area to be explicitly taxed to create revenue
- revenue is created by players spending PED on this land, be it hunting or mining

Quite a few things he was wrong about, but just to concentrate on the main things he ranted about multiple times every few minutes:
- "they are selling shares that will not generate any income, because there is no tax"
- "triton industriales is not even a company, they just made it up and try to make money on this fake"

Mind those are not literal quotes (as I don't really have stomach to go back to his video) but things he stated multiple times through portion of video that I saw.

- Triton Industriales is an ingame company, created to manage this portion of a land and to split revenue stream from this piece of land
- revenue is created by players spending PED on this land, be it hunting or mining

Yes but the point here Tei is that MindArk is asking everyone to once again, buy on faith, without any details....

So look at the track record and make up your own mind if it warrants that people can buy safely purely on faith, once more.

What worries me more and more with EU is the neverending increase of "MU vs TT" ratio.

Let's imagine Elon Musk discovering EU and deciding to buy all items existing in EU for their current market price, from the whole playerbase.
- He pays X millions of PEDs.
- Then he TTs everything (because he can) and get Y millions of PEDs.

How much is now Y/X ?
50%, 20% ?

Because at the end (far far in the future), when EU will close, only the TT will be cashed out by the last player.
And X - Y will just disappear in thin air.
If EU closes, no one is withdrawing anything except last 6 months of deposits (or is it less now?). I don't remember what the TOS says it is changed to. It is SEVERELY unwise to hold onto large ped cards for long durations.

Yes but the point here Tei is that MindArk is asking everyone to once again, buy on faith, without any details....

So look at the track record and make up your own mind if it warrants that people can buy safely purely on faith, once more.
Well...
1 - my post was about that particular video about those shares
2 - as it was stated in first post of this thread: "Stay tuned for additional information and all the details about the shares!"
3 - I'm neither saying its bad or good investment opportunity, because without more info, it's impossible to make any conclusion. It could be total disaster like Compets Deeds, or very lucrative opportunity that I wished I mortgaged my home and bought as many as I could, like CLDs... we need to wait and see

The assumption is, the revenue comes from same method as NTI. It is a cut from their rake while on the LA. Not a tax but rather they are devesting in some of the ways they are make money by trying to create "new content" and selling said devest.

Considering NTI shares started with 10 ped and now they are 8 ped I consider that a flop and 0 development in that aspect.
RIP new investors in these shares.
yes 100% would not buy a share for 2 pec! they are not even listing a source of income for them!

The assumption is, the revenue comes from same method as NTI. It is a cut from their rake while on the LA. Not a tax but rather they are devesting in some of the ways they are make money by trying to create "new content" and selling said devest.

This, they will be same format as NTI i would guess,

yes 100% would not buy a share for 2 pec! they are not even listing a source of income for them!
That's not the main reason, the main reason is that they never developed an area where shares were bought once all were sold.
Even if the source of income might be attractive at start, it will decrease once the hype is over and be prepared to buy next zychion shares because development will be over for triton.

That's not the main reason, the main reason is that they never developed an area where shares were bought once all were sold.
Even if the source of income might be attractive at start, it will decrease once the hype is over and be prepared to buy next zychion shares because development will be over for triton.
That is totally true, although I would not blame it solely on that the developer considers a project done and moves on. It's in human nature with any such thing, anything new and shiny is attracting attention and then it ebbs down again. Why your hint is valuable is because people tend to buy in upon an impulse and not rationality, and then get disappointed when the inevitable occurs but it would have been totally foreseeable. On the other side of the equation, the developer of course knows of this behaviour. And it's not MA alone who would capitalize on it, the whole world operates like that.

it is hard but for once i have to agree with you o_O .... i see a lot names from Oldtimers here ... seems they all forgot what happened in the past .. remember the hype as CP was sold .. CP was one of the highest populated Hunting areas, whole socs would go up there doing weekend hunts and shake the domes....high HOF´s almost guaranteed.... until they sold it to Buzz.. shortly after MA brought an update and screwed it up ... bad lightning, the domes got hills n shit ...sometimes you would end up floating on the rock instead of tp into a dome ... and that was that with ne nice investment everyone was so excited about ....nowadays CP is pretty much a graveyard .. all silent with the mobs roaming in peace.... guess gamers have a knack for forgetting and that´s what MA is counting on...

Back