FYI: another idea to make socs useful?

TigerSkin

Prowler
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Tariel TigerSkin Rustaveli
here is one idea I want to share and listen what experience ppl think of it

Let the socs have their budgets and let there be some goals for socs and if they reach those goals let its results affect all soc members ... let there be some developments inside the soc, that result in a specific result for each soc member. If soc member leaves the soc, all soc-driven-benefits be taken from him/her

for example,

there can be a researches of mining and if the soc will do that inside, let each of soc member have benefits in the form of added skill points

or some attributes for sale for soc, like intelligence

etc ... etc ...

Would that be useful how do u think?

Sounds like an intertesting idea. I'd love to see systems put in place to allow socs to own assets. Could be even more interesting with vehicles coming into the game.

The one concern that comes to mind is that it will really benefit older socs, but will make life much harder for someone who wants to create a new soc. One of the best experiences I had in EU was founding a soc with some friends and growing it.

I think socs should be allowed to possibly force a tax on their members... of course a warning msg should come up to inform the player... that way socs can raise funds for soc assets.... as was stated above... this would be nice since if each player paid even small amount .5% to 1% of their returns (needs to include crafting somehow)... then a pool could be made in the soc... then they could fund possibly LA purchases, events, team hunts etc etc... of course there IMO there would need to be a system in place so that leader cant kick everyone out after and keep all the funds... some sort of link system like inventory.... First in First Out... for all purchases that way those who have been in soc for say 1 year and the person whose been in the soc for 1 day wont both share the same benefits of say a LA purchase or maybe some other investment.

Nice idea!

I'd like to see appartments or houses being "assigned" to the soc, so everybody (or the 5 highest ranked people or something) can drop and pic up and stuff, and get some real soc headquarters.

Nice idea!

I'd like to see appartments or houses being "assigned" to the soc, so everybody (or the 5 highest ranked people or something) can drop and pic up and stuff, and get some real soc headquarters.

I have always liked the idea of a soc vault. There would have to be some ways thought up to make it safe however.

there can be a researches of mining and if the soc will do that inside, let each of soc member have benefits in the form of added skill points

Would that be useful how do u think?

I really like the idea of more functionality for a soc, and I think that the ability of members to purchase a limited amount of attribute boosts could be a very nice way to attain that.

storage slots might be an additional thing that could be purchased without aggecting gameplay too much.

I'd really shy away from any assets that could be controled by any individual members, as that could create major trust issues.

good topic to discusss... +rep

I really like the idea of more functionality for a soc, and I think that the ability of members to purchase a limited amount of attribute boosts could be a very nice way to attain that.

storage slots might be an additional thing that could be purchased without aggecting gameplay too much.

I'd really shy away from any assets that could be controled by any individual members, as that could create major trust issues.

good topic to discusss... +rep

Honestly I'd say this:

Gear societies towards their basic premise.

An academic society may have tools built into Entropia allowing for automatic functionality and graphing much like entropia tracker, but viewable ingame, usable for raw data analysis. Maybe it might have ability to subscribe to the logs of other societies.

A mining society may have bonus information displayed to individuals using mining, disclosing more information about the particular deposit or geology of the area... could be useful for creating maps contributing to the discovery of areas potentially capable of yielding high resource production.

A hunting society may have access to data leading to mob trends. This data could contribute, if followed properly, to income generation, or prestige on the boards. The success of a hunting society may in fact be measurable by participation in hunting based events.

etc...

Ive used to play a browser-typ mmo and it had guilds similar to our society. The members could put items in a guild inventory and ever member could use it. The member putting the item there could tag and untag it as guild property and it could not be sold and could be recalled from the player using it. A very smart and secure way for soc to be able to have soc items :) But maby not possible in a RCE, could cause alot of inbalance maby and prices might drop on uber items (not that i mind) :laugh:

hm ... interesting ...

I played Imperia Online couple of years ago and we had guilds there ...
we could do diff researched there that was affecting all the guild members ...
that was a definitely very useful thing

lots of ways to improve soc funcsionality in this game :)

I have always liked the idea of a soc vault. There would have to be some ways thought up to make it safe however.

well there is already a notebook in the soc terminals that lets members know who had been Promoted, Demoted, Left, applied and been accepted into Soc, so if an item was to be placed in the HQ of the Soc notes could be made of Who has Dropped the item and who has picked it up. but could also be handy if only High ranking Members can do this to avoid some Trust issues, toward lower ranked members

Something like that?

Some nice ideas here. I like the idea of giving socs more than just a chat. A soc bank, soc owned assets, soc bonuses, etc are all great ideas.

if this idea will be really implemented that would create another field of competition for socs ...

what are the only criteria now? just total skill number of all soc members ...
thats sucks imho ...

its the whole field out there ...

Back