Armor upgrade question: Best modest upgrade from Vigi?

goldpython

Snap and Wrap
Society
~ Church of Lootius ~
Goldpython GP Constrictus
Vigi is my best set; I had just come across a good deal way back. The thing is, I'm not a PK player and so it's probably not the best thing for me, mostly because of its low impact protection.

I've glanced through the numbers on Ghost, Gremlin and the like and thought I would ask. (Ghoul and Nemi seem to be a touch more than I really want to spend)

If you would, give me your thoughts on armor that might make a modest upgrade from Vigi but not break the bank, say, less than 1000 PED, or if you can't quite squeeze it in under 1000, make it under 1500 PED.

Thanks,
gp

well, as cheap as ghost is now, i would have to recommend it - provides adequate protection against many attack types :)

if you simply want more impact, a set of 5a's should compliment the vigi quite well (5b's even more so, but those are a bit out of the price range you've listed) - just my two pecs ;)

Ghost is very cheap at the moment and offers great protection.

Next step is Nemesis or Ghoul there is no other way.
Other thing is adding some plates.

Edit:
I didn´t say ghost, because its a step back if you go vs. drones!

i would also suggest ghost,and later when u get more capital add some 5b plates.or wait a bit and get bear if u want bot protection too.
nemesis is crap compared to ghost imo,but its ok against bots and pk.

ghost if you want to allo, bristles, feffs.
gremlin if you want to snables, fungoid.
5a plates if you want to hunt bots and impact mobs.

Sorry, but this question can't be answered very well until you tell us two things:

• What do you want to hunt
  • What's your skill/gun range

The above listed armors may well be the right choice, but not until we know what you mostly hunt.

I would keep the vigi for drones and get a ghost set. It's good value for money and you can add some plates later if you need more protection.

Reactions: Ozi
dragon

and an imp fap

:D

I think 5a plated gnome is a good set for many situations, but it does depend what you want to hunt.

Good questions about my hunting. It's really sort of random, although less bots and drones and more animals. I probably will just keep the Vigi for the drones and such and get a set of Ghost.

Thanks, all.
gp

ghost rocks, get a set of 6a's for it and you'll handle bots decently also. If you ever plan to live on CP for a while then consider also a set of gremlin. It's been crowded there last few times i've been up, but hey whatever :)

A set of 5b is a must... and if you manage to get that, I would sugest Gremlin over ghost. You can easy loot all parts if you whant to. In cluding gloves that can be looted from merps. Ghost is good for elemental protection, but gremlin protects less/ decay less. As your HP grow, you will need less and less armor...

buy ghost, keep your vigi and buy some plates to extend both sets to match your mob requirements

I did a set of Ghost as it turns out and it works very well for what I'm capable of in terms of skill. Plates seem like a good idea, too, so that may happen in the future.

I'm keeping the Vigi, too, for drones.

I do wish Ghost had a helmet instead of a mask. I just like the looks better. :laugh:

Thanks for all the input, guys. :)

gp

Yep :)

Once you have a set of Vigi/6a and Ghost/5a you are pretty much set for most of the mid mobs ingame for a while. If you could had to choose just 2 armours, sub 1k peds, then these are the ones.

You then just need to tweak it with other specific sets of plates, and maybe a specific armours like Gremlin, Rascal, Kobold etc depending on what you are hunting.

If you wanted a nemesis, you could also have considered getting one without the tigh which is by far the most expensive part. Add a knight thigh to this set (stats not very far from nemesis) and it should be under TT+1k (maybe TT+1,1k).

you dont need armour, you need more firepower ;)

(oh well, that's just IMHO)

Very bad advice. Unless It was meant more as a joke...

Armor decay can be alot cheaper than just being able to blow away the mob before it hits you. Not many guns that can do this anyway for a mid-level player. Your talking ML-35 amped. Which in most cases would waaay overkill costing you alot per mob. Also considering you dont need any skills to protect fully on an armor, but do need high skills to operate high weaponry effciently...

Ghost +5B that's IMO the best allrounder you can buy for decent money additionally I have recently bought a VIGI + 6A just for bot fun...

I wish I could get a full Chronicle from a single MOB ... :scratch2:

Very bad advice. Unless It was meant more as a joke...
partly joking, but it has a truth in it as well

Armor decay can be alot cheaper than just being able to blow away the mob before it hits you.
This is only true if you're switching from (L) SIB weapons to non (L) non-SIB weapons (or stupidly chosing a gun with a horrible economy)
Upgrading from an ep-40 to an ep-41 gives exactly the same efficiency*, skills have no influence on the relative economy. Just dont compare those guns with a Korss H400 :laugh:

Not many guns that can do this anyway for a mid-level player. Your talking ML-35 amped. Which in most cases would waaay overkill costing you alot per mob.
Overkill is a non-issue, as we all (should) know we have to carry a finisher ;)

Whatever, i didnt imply that he should pick a gun that can drop the mobs he's hunting before they reach him. I meant that he should choose mob&gun such that he can kill them before they kill him.

Also considering you dont need any skills to protect fully on an armor, but do need high skills to operate high weaponry effciently...
It is true that you dont need high skills to have full protection on armour, but big protection comes with big decay, especially with low evade.

It is therefore that getting a better amp or a better gun usually is a cheaper option (in usage) than better armour, especially as it will result in less armour&fap decay and under the assumption that it wont affect your economy.

but well, all the above is just IMSillyO

*not exactly the same efficiency, as the ep-41 is slightly more economical, but you get the point, i hope.

I acctualy have gotten some decent results using ghost / 6A plates. As i lended my Vigi to a m8 I had to try it and a WG 6 was easy prey with that.

Also the ghost in itself is a good armor esp if you team hunt as that kinda takes away the decay issue a lill bit more and that is still imo the biggest downside of the ghost.

This is lill depending on high ya wanna go on mob.

VS Big argo hogglo etc you should aim to ad 5b.
But for ordinary trox trax mollisk it works real good.

As stated above it depends alot on what you aim to hunt but in general Ghost is the best option in that price range with or without plates.

Getting different protection plates might also be a good choice(5a,6a,6b with ghost) but if u have a soc mate who is online at the same time intervals as u, i suggest a team hunt which u can drop big mobs with eco, and u can use smaller plates like 5c,4c,3a s which are very eco.

EDDRIC SLASHER:cool:

Multiple Armours are best

I would keep the vigi for drones and get a ghost set. It's good value for money and you can add some plates later if you need more protection.

Totally agree. I always carry two sets of armour - ghost and Vigi. Check the pe-wiki.info armour calculator. I am currently using 3B on the ghost and 5C on the Vigi (will upgrade the plates on the ghost to 5B at some stage). I am also putting together a set of Gremlin for the acid mobs.

This combo is well within your budget and provides great protection against most mobs.

Back