awesome inspiration that made me join entropia but now I don't know.

SoundOfSilence

Hatchling
I found a cool video on youtube and then tracked it back to this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/eu-video-contest/141992-entropia-let-rock-deadbody-angel.html

I also looked at most of the videos, loved te rick roll one :D

Now I am in entropia, I have a mentor and i have deposited 100 USD and got started with some mining and hunting.
But im sad that progress is so slow and its soo expensive. :(

I understand that it will take some time to get to the top, and that bigger game gives better items, but i feel so infinitely small here, smaller than i do irl. It also seems that no matter what i do, i loose my money very fast, despite following my mentors advice.

I think im trying to say that the the videos of all the hunting and shooting and crafting and all that awesome stuff in most of the videos is very misleading, and after i found out that the prizes are worth around 40-50 thousand dollars irl, i think it's sick.

Can anyone tell me in short; Does it ever get to be a cool feeling like in the video i saw, or is it just a pretty music video?
I can't believe that someone would go through so much effort to make a cool video like that and not really like the game. I could be wrong though.. :/

SOS

Welcome to Entropia

This game is quite different from any other. In any other game skilling at the start is quick and easy usually but in this game skills can be sold for money hence skilling costs.

When you hunt you gain skills, when you do other activities you gain skills too. Skills allow you to use better equipment, which can help you get better results. Working up and increasing your skills Slowly is the key in my opinion. If you try to skill too fast that will cost you considerably more.

There is soo much to learn at the start :)

If you post here specifics of what you hunted what weapon you used etc people will be very happy to help, and improve your performance hopefully.

Can anyone tell me in short; Does it ever get to be a cool feeling like in the video i saw, or is it just a pretty music video?
I can't believe that someone would go through so much effort to make a cool video like that and not really like the game. I could be wrong though.. :/

SOS

What feeling did you get?
might sound strange asking this but everyone will have differet opinions of the video you saw.

Most people who play the game are very committed to the game ad spend far too much time in the game or on here in EF :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/eu-video-contest/141992-entropia-let-rock-deadbody-angel.html

Now I am in entropia, I have a mentor and i have deposited 100 USD and got started with some mining and hunting.

I understand that it will take some time to get to the top, and that bigger game gives better items, but i feel so infinitely small here, smaller than i do irl. It also seems that no matter what i do, i loose my money very fast, despite following my mentors advice.

I think im trying to say that the the videos of all the hunting and shooting and crafting and all that awesome stuff in most of the videos is very misleading, and after i found out that the prizes are worth around 40-50 thousand dollars irl, i think it's sick.

SOS

It will get to feel like that ONLY if you sell your soul to the devil in return for unlimited amounts of money which you can then deposit in game and buy all the uber weapons chip in skills to use them and buy top end armours and guns to kill big mobs and be totally independant.

But on the other hand you have an alternative which is dedicate the next 50 years of your life non stop to this game to get what you see in game and to be able to have uber items armours but then again thats no guarantEE.

But be prepared to loose your real life and everythign in it to accomplish a virtual life but again the chances are 10/100 of you actually acomplising anythign in game. because by the time you do company will be broke and shut down.

So in short majority would suggest dont dream high in this place it will NEVER happen unless you got seriouse money to deposit but if you dont, come in play a little then leave and keep it like that dont think about getting anywhere in this game if it happens it happens luck but then again even your luck is controlled in this place.

Hope that helps and all the best

hello!

well it is important to learn about being economical in order to not burn yourself out. And you should hunt things that give markup stuff, so you dont have to rely on the tt return alone.

With that being said, you can enjoy the game alot. You dont have to be the best of the bunch, and its important to understand that.
Just skill on.... make great friends and enjoy the virtual you :)

Shake and bake baby.

SOS

i get that feeling every time i log in, its the feeling of being part of the bigger picture, the feeling on knowing you have a say in shaping this new world... being part of the front line of discovery.

The opportunity's it will open in the years to come, pioneering to make the most of them. and in the whole being a part of it.

Last edited:
Welcome to EU ;)

Hey!!!

Blergh!

You don't have to sell your soul!
(thanks for watching my video, im glad you like it.) :D

It is possible to actually think EU is really cool and a nice play to spend your time and money.
I use EU as a "free space" for my mind. Right now the creative means are not that vast, but I am sure the future will bring more freedom of creativity to EU... over the past 2 years, EU has changed so much, but the collective memory only lasts 6 months..

When I started playing, money just flowed through me like there was no tommorow.. The trick is to moderate, use low cost items and do low cost activities.. if you break even, it means you get free skills, if you loose, then you tried, and in the rare case you profit, you can upgrade.. in very small steps, but upgrades all the same.. but count on depositing fro the rest of your EU life.
Save up for an A104 and some 5b plates.. stick to cheap L armour, and don't care if it's all the same kind.. mixing armour can make it cheaper in markup.
Don't mine with amps, risk is higher. Don't craft unless you want to really only trade and craft.
If hunting sucks, go mining for a while, if that sucks, just chat or do some shopping/item research.. get a disciple.. make a video.. ^_^

EU cost me so far alot more money than I have in avatar value, but that was just bad luck and stupid decisions. I know quite some people who have success in EU. I wish I was them, but as it is, I'm in it for the ride, not the prize.
( I think that answers your question, albeit longer than short.)

If you want to meet me ingame, try contacting anyone from DawnDaemons or pm me here. I'll be happy to take you around EU and show you the things that make EU a unique adventure.

Tie

Blergh!

You don't have to sell your soul!
(thanks for watching my video, im glad you like it.) :D

It is possible to actually think EU is really cool and a nice play to spend your time and money.

THINK exactly, but reality is somewhat else. Hmm im gonna think im gonna be u.k's next president, im going to think i own this world, erm im going to think im the ceo of e.u. or even better im gonna think i own chicken joints alla cross the world, BUT does that make me any of the above, what are the chances of real life me becoming any of the above.

Any one can THINK of anything my dear the possibilities are endless, But if we choose to close our eyes and act out what were thinking and pretending it to be true.

Then

1: you are in fucking denial
2: people are gonna see you as a fucking fool.
3: your gonna wonder to yourself hmm do i have cu** written on my forehead or somit.

Glad to be part of this thread.

Last edited:
THINK exactly, but reality is somewhat else. Hmm im gonna think im gonna be u.k's next president, im going to think i own this world, erm im going to think im the ceo of e.u. or even better im gonna think i own chicken joints alla cross the world, BUT does that make me any of the above, what are the chances of real life me becoming any of the above.

Any one can THINK of anything my dear the possibilities are endless, But if we choose to close our eyes and act out what were thinking and pretending it to be true.

Then

3: your gonna wonder to yourself hmm do i have cu** written on my forehead or somit.

I get the impression that you are an ashole or a whiner, but do tell if im wrong ;)

I get the impression that you are an ashole or a whiner, but do tell if im wrong ;)

i guess your the bigger of the above, who fails to see reality. by all means suck MA's balls no ones stopping you, but please dont force me to i choose not to. ;)

Then

Wtf? You're a bit pissy. . .

i guess your the bigger of the above, who fails to see reality. by all means suck MA's balls no ones stopping you, but please dont force me to i choose not to. ;)

I dont suck any balls. Im just optimistic, and I can feel an aura of "badwill" from you :(

want a hug?
shake and bake baby.

SOS

100 USD is only about 100hours of play depending on how you play. Chances are, things have changed a great deal since your mentor has been a nub.

MA has changed many things in order to boost their profits. As stated on their own site, if one is able to read between the lines. This has happened to an increasing level in the past year.

Decay has increased drasically. Mob health regens have increased, mob attack hit average increased, mob speed increased. All affecting at how much we use our items and lose ped through decay.

Fees

Entropia Universe users do not pay any fixed fee or monthly subscription fee in order to be part of the Entropia Universe. User's costs are the equipment and objects that they collect and which wear out with use. Users must regularly upgrade their possessions via special automated service stations to retain full capacity.

For example, a hunting weapon wears in relation to the number of shots discharged. The wear level is indicated via status information on the screen and can also be noticed by reduced performance in the object. The normal service fee for an active user lies between 0.5 and 1.5 USD per hour.

http://www.mindark.com/entropia-universe/

Many will argue that it's still possible to play like the old days, but not true. Now one must be very wise in everything you do, and even with that, your return will be average of 25% of what you put in. Times have changed.

Every game has its grind to gain higher levels and skills. If you don't have the dispensable income to deposit regularly, then get to swamp camp or neas, and sweat sweat sweat. Boring, but you gain a lot of base skills that will affect everything else you do. In addition you can sell the sweat. It's long boring work, but this is a "game" that you must look at for longevity rather than getting to the "top" right away.

That being said, I would wager the days of players coming in now and making it big like Neverdie are over. That as a result of the business mode MA is in. While building the universe, they were growing players. Now they are growing marketing partners and nothing on the player base.

Determine what you can afford to really "play" and get some enjoyment, and do the grind to build skills and gain some extra pecs (ped if lucky).

Good luck

Wtf? You're a bit pissy. . .

Na not really just some true facts, difference is some people choose not to speak as how they see it and their not to blame its not their fault, they have invested so much and their worth fuck all and their doing is anythign they can till the last breath of their investment till it collapses to get back what they can or make it grow, while me i choose to speak as i see it.

As a wise man known as Force Majuere once said FACT. ;)

I dont suck any balls. Im just optimistic, and I can feel an aura of "badwill" from you :(

want a hug?
shake and bake baby.

well what did you expect in return by calling me an asshole, i mean what was so bad in your books that i said, did i hit a nerve with the truth??

Were all optimistic not just YOU. we all want to get ahead and succeed weve all put time money and effort in.

Just some people failtto see reality and accept the truth and are hypnotised by this shit.

While me i see it and say it and yes i know it hurts. so apolgise if i busted one on you wasnt the intention.

Many will argue that it's still possible to play like the old days, but not true. Now one must be very wise in everything you do, and even with that, your return will be average of 25% of what you put in. Times have changed.

Good luck

25% return?
ah dude..... i can imagine that if buy big L guns 200%+
or using big unmaxed regular guns.

otherwise.... that sounds like fairytales to me :p

25% return?
ah dude..... i can imagine that if buy big L guns 200%+
or using big unmaxed regular guns.

otherwise.... that sounds like fairytales to me :p

not talking reselling.

talking % back of what people put in. you spend $1 and get .25 cents back in loot.

And I would have to say, that is for the most part a best case scenario. The lucky rare player gains an occasional higher payoff, but that is the exception, not the rule.
Talking fairytales? Sorry but I live in the real world.

There is no top

...Now I am in entropia, I have a mentor and i have deposited 100 USD and got started with some mining and hunting.

I understand that it will take some time to get to the top, and that bigger game gives better items, but i feel so infinitely small here, smaller than i do irl. It also seems that no matter what i do, i loose my money very fast, despite following my mentors advice...

Hi Sounds,

I just took an except from your post, and added emphasis to one point in particular. If you "understand that it will take some time to get to the top" then you don't understand anything.

The first thing to understand is that there is no top, no *level 70* so to speak, where you are officially and equally uber along with everyone else who is uber just like you. You may indeed be uber someday, but you still won't have reached the top.

The second thing to understand is that the time frame of EU is completely different from any other game you may have played. Years, not weeks, are the time frame by which you advance, and the faster you try to go, the more it will cost you.

Having said that, you do have complete freedom to choose the path you want to follow, the goals you want to achieve, and the price you want to pay - the trick is balancing them in a realistic fashion.

As for the "feeling" you get, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I experience thrills and excitement, and I have at many different levels, including some I have long since passed by.

I have not yet reached my second birthday here and while I am closer to mid-level than I am to newb, uberdom is still basically as far beyond me as it is you. Patience is essential.

Your experience here will be what you make of it, your cost will be what you pay, and their are no limits to either. Their is no question that this place is not for everyone, but for those of us who love it, warts and all, there is nothing else that compares.

Good Luck to you, whatever you decide.

:beerchug:

Miles

not talking reselling.

talking % back of what people put in. you spend $1 and get .25 cents back in loot.

Talking fairytales? Sorry but I live in the real world.

seriously 25% back?

sure I get some of those 47%-50% but never as low as 25%
I dont know anyone with that bad return really.

do i need more friends?

Ohwell i wish u all the luck u can have ingame, and tbh play smart and u wont loose so much.. Use your lvl on weapon and your armor v.s skill and dont jump to twin peaks from the starters and try to mangle down argonauts.. :)
Keep the good spirit up, depo as much as u feel u can spend (spend yeah because i think all euro i depo is lost money)
If u wanna become an uber, well i can be sure that it will take a looong time even for those who play hardcore.
Getting a huge uberplayer isnt my main goal, my main goal ingame is to get as many friends i can and have fun as heck.. :)

Okey as in real life it will come days that are less fun than others but saying hi to your socmates and see their happy hello makes me feel happy being ingame of EU :)

seriously 25% back?

sure I get some of those 47%-50% but never as low as 25%
I dont know anyone with that bad return really.

do i need more friends?

Yes I would think you need to get out and about more then.

For the average player from what I've seen from personal experience, talking to others in game, and threads on this forum, returns are way down. That is what led many to a wait and see stance to see if things improve.

One only need to spend some time in the forums to find how many disenchanted players are with the direction things have gone. Amount of loot is one of the big issues.

To compound that, I feel for the new players with the low skills that aren't able to fully benefit from eco tools and weps. They certainly are on the losing end. Perhaps that is why there are those nubs that get crazy hofs, MA shows some pitty on them, but that again is the exception and not the rule.

Ohwell i wish u all the luck u can have ingame,
Getting a huge uberplayer isnt my main goal, my main goal ingame is to get as many friends i can and have fun as heck.. :)

Okey as in real life it will come days that are less fun than others but saying hi to your socmates and see their happy hello makes me feel happy being ingame of EU :)

This is what I feel. Some players I play with have so much knowledge about how "eco" this hunt is and whether I'm wearing the "right" armour (hell I don't own 4 or 5 complete sets to pick and choose) they spend more time analyzing their profit than analyzing their fun.

Maybe this is like gambling, maybe so. Or maybe it is more like putting your money in any other entertainment. You go to see a band and pay the cover charge. Turns out you do not like them. Get your money back? Ha! Good luck. You go to see another band, turns out you love them more than life itself. They become your idols. You buy a black market ticket to see them for 1000% more than it's worth. But you do not "profit" from it, do you? You just have more fun than you thought you could. Was it "worth it"? only one can say is you.

I have depo'd many many $$$ into this game. worth it? sometimes, yes. I globalled 5 times in the last 2 days. Before that? worth it? no globals for 5 months. Did I spend my time making Excel charts plotting my profit? Nope. Spent my time chatting with Soc Mates, team hunts, mining, crafting, having -get this- FUN playing the game. If profit is a prerequisite for fun, this game is not for you. Although, profit can be, and is, a part of the fun. Confusing? welcome to EU.

It will get to feel like that ONLY if you sell your soul to the devil in return for unlimited amounts of money which you can then deposit in game and buy all the uber weapons chip in skills to use them and buy top end armours and guns to kill big mobs and be totally independant.

But on the other hand you have an alternative which is dedicate the next 50 years of your life non stop to this game to get what you see in game and to be able to have uber items armours but then again thats no guarantEE.

But be prepared to loose your real life and everythign in it to accomplish a virtual life but again the chances are 10/100 of you actually acomplising anythign in game. because by the time you do company will be broke and shut down.

So in short majority would suggest dont dream high in this place it will NEVER happen unless you got seriouse money to deposit but if you dont, come in play a little then leave and keep it like that dont think about getting anywhere in this game if it happens it happens luck but then again even your luck is controlled in this place.

Hope that helps and all the best

Agreed and in short, this game is now shite!

actually, i think you can indeed hunt quite big stuff with rather cheap L weapos nand don't lose your ass

ofc if you plan to buy shadow and ml35 on day 2, you likely gonna be sucked dry of peds in a matter of minutes (just with buying it, using gonna cost way more)

however, there are still quite cheap L alternatives for armors lately, but especially weapons

partially weapons you can get which beat guns which cost like 10-30k peds in any point (except you are lvl 80 hit and damage profession of that weapon maybe)

you don't have to be uber to have some fun

hunting hogglo in angel armor with some hiliarous high priced weapon
isnt much difference in case of "thrill to survive" to hunt argos in pixie and a h400 L

just that the latter option is waaaay cheaper ;)

either way, you might be interested in my guide, see signature

offtopic, to the excel charts
it isn't necessarily fun for some people to analyze game mechanics, on the other hand, for some it is (i had some tests about skill gain and hit distrubition on certain armor parts), because on several of those tests the advice many ppl give is based, partially just because they read it from someone who did
so, those analyzers have quite some useful things to do and even like to do it, else they wouldn't :D

and i have a loot excel sheet which calcs cost and loot as well :p
gotta admit that i rarely use it to its full extent, but i send it to some people and those do partially :)

Yes I would think you need to get out and about more then.

For the average player from what I've seen from personal experience, talking to others in game, and threads on this forum, returns are way down. That is what led many to a wait and see stance to see if things improve.

One only need to spend some time in the forums to find how many disenchanted players are with the direction things have gone. Amount of loot is one of the big issues.

To compound that, I feel for the new players with the low skills that aren't able to fully benefit from eco tools and weps. They certainly are on the losing end. Perhaps that is why there are those nubs that get crazy hofs, MA shows some pitty on them, but that again is the exception and not the rule.

Hey man,
so u tellin us what? People all around you whine on loot, you seen many whines on EF, and that newbs are on loosing end.
ROFL
Instead of reading thru whining threads check the HOF forum, check good players results in Entropia tracker, look at skills of uber players. There are always 2 sides, dont look on just one (and bad).

If people around you are mostly whining ingame, you are in a bad company:D
Play with better/more sucesfull players.

About newbs... They have same chances as others. Skilling to Breer P5 ist too much(great eco). Opalo is a good gun. I still use TT excavators, melee wepons etc. Pixi is good armor. Kobold/Shogun is TT stuff&good armor. Ghost you get for +60peds.etc... Dont see anything bad here now. Things are getting better in time.

Seems this game is too much for some, so why do you play RCE? And whine afterwards? :D

SOS

Dude, run away now.. U still can do it!1!! :eek:

Nah, join a soc, make some friends and have fun :wtg:

Welcome :)

..One only need to spend some time in the forums to find how many disenchanted players are with the direction things have gone. Amount of loot is one of the big issues...

Ha. One only need to spend some time on the forums to find out the more negative opinions of the game.

Forums attract whiners and complainers above all else - fact.

So, take it all with a grain of salt.

Miles

Ha. One only need to spend some time on the forums to find out the more negative opinions of the game.

Forums attract whiners and complainers above all else - fact.

So, take it all with a grain of salt.

Miles

I don't label people as whiners just because they bring up valid points that some feel smear their beloved. Ever consider people "whine" because they feel room for improvement. I always see when someone mentions something they dislike, they are labeled as whiners, but what about the whiners whining about the "whiners?"

Forums also attract trolls and forum whores that do nothing to to convey any information and only attack people that have views that differ than their own. That I see as a liberalistic approach that speaks to be tolerant, but never is in reality.

If a person is totally against the game and has no love for it, they simply won't play it nor spend time addressing issues about it. They will simply leave. For companies that are looking to release a good product. they depend on "whiners" for area of improvement, not the fanboys that offer nothing that provides insight as to what the end user is looking for.

I'd rather be a "whiner" and help in the development of a top notch game than a fan boy that misleads a company into believing all is well and there is no need for improvement. :D

but yes, take it all in moderation, and know there are two sides to the story.

But one cannot argue, things have changed, or there wouldn't have been the simultanious growth in threads stating as much.

Cheers

Easy there fellas!

Geezuz, this thread got off topic, and it was my first one too.
I wish i could ban crouching tiger for messing up the topic.

I took Tie's advice, and my losses are levveling. I understand that I will be depositing, and i am prepeared for that.

Thanks for the input u other people, Sharkie etc. I am happy you are not all as anoyyed about mindark. Im going to give it a try, and i will be taking ties offer on a grand tour of entropia. i have only heard good things about him of the people i met ingame so far. i would like to be known as a fellow like tie, or these other people i hear about, skam, boobie skippie, docdoom, equem and some others.. i wrote them all down somewhere. i am sure there are alot of really n ice peolpe in entropia, that have been there a long time and dont sound like crouching tiger. but maybe it is just a fase?

anyways, i will read this thread some more, i hope future replies have more good advaice than rancor.

see you in the game.
SOS

Back