Be careful with your disciples

ameliebonde

Hatchling
Alia Princess Atreides
Hello everybody, my avatar name in EU is Alia Princess Atreides, and i play this game since 2010. Last week a guy called {removed} asked me to be my disciple, he told me that he is from Romania and new in game. I accepted, further more i reccomended him for NBK army and we hunted a couple of times together to help him to graduate faster. Last thursday he told me that he needs some money until friday when he can depo again so i gave him an amount of peds and i logged off. Friday when i logged in again my soc mates told me that after i logged out he started to beg in soc chat, he was warned but he kept doing the same so they removed him from NBK because begging is violating NBK rules. I didnt see him until yesterday, he logged in and he said he was out of town for weekend; i asked him what happened and he denied telling me to not worry about my money and then he suddenly logged off. Today when i logged back in EU i've found myself removed from his FL and he kicked me out like his mentor. I've posted this thread because i want to warn you about this guy, everybody must know that he is a scammer so AVOID him. I told him that there is another guy with a name almost identical so he might change his name but he will never change his behavior. Thank you for your patience and make sure that you'll never accept him in any society or like a disciple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for warning us about this guy, I'll be careful if I notice a person like that. Although as we all know, lending out items or PEDs is a risky business, unless we've known the person for a long enough time, and even it might not be good enough.

Either way, thank you for this warning :)

Make a support ticket and explain them your case.

so they removed him from NBK because begging is violating NBK rules.
begging is against their rules, but being in the upper management and 'borrowing' a ton of peds (something that is almost a violation of eula/tos since 'all trades are final') and logging off for a year with almost zero communication to those that you borrowed, and then finally coming around and paying them back since you either grew a concious or want back in the game and don't want stupidly horrible reputation ain't..?.?.?... or 'harassing' others by constantly mob training their 'parties' over and over and over because you have hunch and want to go all vigilante ain't?

hypocritical @#$%@$%^s. Hopefully that sort of thing is starting to change in the upper elchions but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
Why does that ava name ring a bell?

Because it is very similar to the more well known (and older) "Mike The Goat Powers" I assume... (Not 100% sure if Powers is TheGoat or The Goat)

I also have some bad expiriences with disciples.
2 days ago one become my disciple asked if I give the 100 Ped infront and when he understand that he must graduate to get the 100 ped quited. Other quited at 99% and it was new avatar that just hitted ATH :)
Other also use me for days and then just switch to other mentor to do the same.
And while the mentor usualy has reputation to keep nothing stops disciples to do stuff like that.
Also going on team hunt with more than 1 disciple is bad idea becouce 1 can loot item and run with it and then I had to pay the 'splited peds' to others so they don't think I was scaming them with that disciple.

And to the OP lending money is not good idea not only to disciple, but to anybody. And not only in EU. Also in RL :)

:wise:

... I told him that there is another guy with a name almost identical so he might change his name but he will never change his behavior. ....

Your disciple added me as a mentor (presumably off the mentor list) several days ago, I relogged, sent him a pm, and when he found I was not on Calypso nor in his timezone (both of which should have been obvious from the info on the mentor list) we agreed that it would be best if he found someone else to mentor him. I did note his name was very similar to that of a long-term existing player from a reputable society.

However, just because a player has a similar name to that of another, does not mean that it's the same person.

Because it is very similar to the more well known (and older) "Mike The Goat Powers" I assume... (Not 100% sure if Powers is TheGoat or The Goat)[
I know Mike the goat Powers and he's an old friend of mine and a great person too, that's why it got me puzzled when a guy called Mike The Goat asked me to become my disciple....

However, just because a player has a similar name to that of another, does not mean that it's the same person.
Serica, i've never suggested that its the same person......i know the *old* goat and he is a great person, both EU and RL, just wanted to say that this scammer could create another avatar with a different name......

Make a support ticket and explain them your case.

And what do you expect them to do about it? :scratch2:

All trades are final, there is no such thing as "loans" outside of the banking system, hence the money handed out was merely a gift - and MA won't do anything about it. It's not even a scam, according to their rules.

The real Mike The Goat please stand up!

Mike The Goat asked me if he can add me to his FL when i met him with Alia some days ago. Later on he also asked me for peds which i didn`t give him. He wanted to cash in the next day bla bla bla... I sent my chat log of the conversation with him to some NBK general. And it looks like he also "asked" in his soc for peds. Well, he was kicked out of his soc as begging is against NBK rules. Yesterday he logged in and he pmed me, complained a bit about me and then deleted me from his FL. Not a big loss i guess...

Reactions: sbi
There is a rash of newcomers using the "loan" tactic as well.
In my opinion a loan request without the offer of collateral is begging.
We have been thru 3 of them in the last 2 weeks.

begging is against their rules, but being in the upper management and 'borrowing' a ton of peds (something that is almost a violation of eula/tos since 'all trades are final') and logging off for a year with almost zero communication to those that you borrowed, and then finally coming around and paying them back since you either grew a concious or want back in the game and don't want stupidly horrible reputation ain't..?.?.?... or 'harassing' others by constantly mob training their 'parties' over and over and over because you have hunch and want to go all vigilante ain't?

hypocritical @#$%@$%^s. Hopefully that sort of thing is starting to change in the upper elchions but I wouldn't count on it.

Sounds like you're mixing up two different people and with the first part, if you're speaking of whom I think you are, no PED was "borrowed". People agreed to investing for income. Regardless of what the reasons were, he paid everyone back and from what I have seen has not logged in for several weeks.

This has nothing to do with this thread and that person is no longer in NBK, why are you turning a thread regarding a warning/reminder about what can happen with people you don't really know into something against the society?

the real Mike or not

The 'Mike the Goat' that was very very briefly a member of my soc (NBK Army) was removed as soon as he ignored my direct instruction to cease asking socmates and others for 'a loan'.

However 'Mike TheGoat Powers' globalled while I was talking to this person.. and has to the best of my knowledge absolutely nothing to do with the new ava.

As others have already commented.. Never loan anything ped or items unless you have known the other player a long while and truly trust them. Even then it is a risk and MA would be unlikely to support you in the event of it going wrong.

Wasn't there some kind of system in place to prevent making new avatars with names too similar to existing ones?

:scratch2:

That's how end 2/3 of the stories that start with "told me that he needs some money until..." :(

Wasn't there some kind of system in place to prevent making new avatars with names too similar to existing ones?

:scratch2:

Have no idea how that system is supposed to work, but we have two old avatars named "LeeLoo LeeLoo <...>", and the last spring I was at the Gateway when some new player was going to name herself LeeLoo LeeLoo Dallas (the system allowed her) until I told her we already have too many LeeLoo's :)

Last edited:
Have no idea how that system is supposed to work, but we have two old avatars named "LeeLoo LeeLoo <...>", and the last spring I was at the Gateway when some new player was going to name herself LeeLoo LeeLoo Dallas (the system allowed her) until I told her we already have too many LeeLoo's :)

There was a time where the settings were so strict that hardly any new name was accepted.
They adjusted the settings later, but who knows, the system might have been sacrificed to the almighty god of "Update to CryEngine".

Sounds like you're mixing up two different people and with the first part, if you're speaking of whom I think you are, no PED was "borrowed". People agreed to investing for income. Regardless of what the reasons were, he paid everyone back and from what I have seen has not logged in for several weeks.

This has nothing to do with this thread and that person is no longer in NBK, why are you turning a thread regarding a warning/reminder about what can happen with people you don't really know into something against the society?

Thanks for the update. Sorry it was a little off topic. The stuff I was talking about was from 2 different avatars in the leadership ranks. It sounds like at least one of them is out, but the other still probably is roaming the halls of the society terminal. Sounds like something to add to your infamous nbk black/red/green/gold star list that the Patriots stole a while back...

Just saying if morality rules/ethics are going to be placed on low man on totem pole in a society, same morals/ethics ought to be applied to those in the higher ranks too... 'borrowing peds' is borrowing peds, no matter who does it nor how much they do it for. It's a 'trade' and 'all trades are final.'

Last edited:
Back 5 years ago, with the old mentoring system, I was asked in Twin Peaks if I wanted to be a mentor. I said, "sure". Next question was, "I have deposited 200 ped but it doesn't arrive until monday, can you borrow me some peds?". I said "no" and strangely enough, that person didn't want to become my disciple - actually I saw that person engage talking with other people (probably trying same trick).

When someone (in particular someone I don't know that well) asks me to lend them PEDs, I usually refer them to an igame bank. Why? Well, besides the fact it can be a potential scammer, it could be a beginner who wants to borrow PEDs mining, for instance. And they usually have no plan how to pay back the loan if they don't return back with the big ATH... or it can be a hunter who wants to borrow PEDs to buy a weapon, but if you think twice, you'll realize he'll get that gun, but no PEDs to buy ammo for.

So I usually asks why "he" wants to borrow PEDs and if/why he really needs the peds *now* rather in those days a deposit takes, and then next question how he's planning to pay it back.

The interest at bank neverdie makes it a bit sleezy, but at least it's a good option if you have stuff with TT value, and you need some quick cash for instance to bid om something in auction before you're able to get money ingame through depositing (or some other way).
Another beginner-trap is crafting: Someone sees the blueprint for Jester D1, then realizes that materials for one click costs just say 50 pec, but a full TT Jester D1 is 3.50 ped. Instant profit! (He thinks.) Until I tell him that's not how crafting works.

Hello everybody, my avatar name in EU is Alia Princess Atreides, and i play this game since 2010. Last week a guy called {removed} asked me to be my disciple, he told me that he is from Romania and new in game. I accepted, further more i reccomended him for NBK army and we hunted a couple of times together to help him to graduate faster. Last thursday he told me that he needs some money until friday when he can depo again so i gave him an amount of peds and i logged off. Friday when i logged in again my soc mates told me that after i logged out he started to beg in soc chat, he was warned but he kept doing the same so they removed him from NBK because begging is violating NBK rules. I didnt see him until yesterday, he logged in and he said he was out of town for weekend; i asked him what happened and he denied telling me to not worry about my money and then he suddenly logged off. Today when i logged back in EU i've found myself removed from his FL and he kicked me out like his mentor. I've posted this thread because i want to warn you about this guy, everybody must know that he is a scammer so AVOID him. I told him that there is another guy with a name almost identical so he might change his name but he will never change his behavior. Thank you for your patience and make sure that you'll never accept him in any society or like a disciple.

And that's why... I never *ever* give anyone anything, unless I know IRL.

i have had about 5 desciples add me thru the mentoring list in the past 2 weeks that all seemed to be scammers, either knowing way way too much about the game or saying they used to play a long time ago with the same avatar but under scan stats are for a new avatar not an old one with the higher starting stats. all almost immediately asked for money or tools gear ect. or maybe a day or 2 after starting. I normally have new desciples join the soc so they feel at home get to know some people and can get assistance when I am not available but it seems as of the actions of the last 5 i cant risk exposing my soc mates to scammers until they have proven themselves to me as not to be scammers.

Damn shame you cant just accept and help people out.

I'm not much to mentoring as I have not the time these days but someone whose name I forgot wanted to be my student or whats it called month ago, within first 30 minutes he asked help for a gun and a bit ammo, also wanted a fap, which I declined thinking that is too much (not trusting fully). She (he?) had the trouble of listening to my starting advices, patiently, and answering, only then later asking for something. And never to be seen again when I logged in later.

Wasn't that dramatic loss for me but I guess I will never again give anything to anyone until they show some effort ...or after I have forgotten all about this, once more :p .

Its not really my way of acting with people, in games or irl, ever, so I still find myself surprised, again and again meeting ppl like this.

Last edited:
This is what we call blarney.

Consider all your financial actions in EU as you would in RL and you will not need to make support cases or threads.

If you give money to people you don't know, you are not likely to ever see them or the coins again.

It is really very simple. Don't expect miracles. Most people are crap.

Most people are crap.

I wouldn't say most *people* are crap.

But there are the hardcore scammers who wouldn't think twice about creating tons of alts to hide between, besides "honorary" avatars. The most decepitful ones even infiltrate societies; create an avatar, join a society, stay low profile, and then start scamming.

And there are also "kids" around, who do things they think is "smart" (but an ordinary player spots as scam attempt right away).

Thanks for the update. Sorry it was a little off topic. The stuff I was talking about was from 2 different avatars in the leadership ranks. It sounds like at least one of them is out, but the other still probably is roaming the halls of the society terminal. Sounds like something to add to your infamous nbk black/red/green/gold star list that the Patriots stole a while back...
So you apologize for going off topic and then edit your original post to go off-topic more? Hollow apologies are always nice. If you have an issue with something you're more than welcome to handle it in a mature way instead of trying to make underhanded comments on a forum.

You remind me quite a bit of one of the people you are referring to in your first post, not letting old drama die down.

Back