Help: Building the perfect square mining grid...

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Sorry but this post will be a little bit "mathy"

I have a question for the community, something that has been bugging me for a little while. I am going to build a mining log sheet that will also double as a grid, that will essentially tell me where to drop my next probe..

What distances do most miners use between drops and what offset do you use when using those distances ?

So what do I mean by distance between drops, that should be diameter of the mining tool right so, either 108 or 110m, ideally yes, but what distance do most miners use ?

As for offset... Here's the tricky part.. Consider the following piece of math. Probe Coord = (int(Current Coord/distance)*distance)+offset. Offset is basically how far do I shift from the center of a x size grid in order to find the best loot ?

The reason for the offset is because each diameter sized area should only trigger once when finding a claim "theoretically". The concept of an offset becomes even more interesting due to the fact that our actual mining coordinates are obfuscated by the game as they are truncated on our compass, but not truncated in-game.

i just spam dropped. youll get the same tt returns if you spam drop or space out. the only thing that spacing out might do is give better avg mu% but i never noticed a difference. spam dropping for 25-45 minutes (depending your excavating speed) then going back and picking up all claims after means you can cycle more ped hourly. instead of dropping every 110m

Edit: also there is little big mining log. you can see range of finders with that. no thinking needed.

This is elementary school geometry...

index.php

x = sqrt(110^2-55^2) = 95.26279442...

In practice, most people would use either 96 or 100.

i just spam dropped. youll get the same tt returns if you spam drop or space out. the only thing that spacing out might do is give better avg mu% but i never noticed a difference. spam dropping for 25-45 minutes (depending your excavating speed) then going back and picking up all claims after means you can cycle more ped hourly. instead of dropping every 110m
Noted, I am going for a more quality over quantity approach. If this is the case then rng is really all there is to it which is disappointing.

This is elementary school geometry...

index.php

x = sqrt(110^2-55^2) = 95.26279442...

In practice, most people would use either 96 or 100.
Ye distance formula.. Interesting way to apply it...

This would result in a hexagonal grid yes, not a square one

This also creates a very interesting irrational factor... Now I am being side-tracked, thanks for that..

Edit: also there is little big mining log. you can see range of finders with that. no thinking needed.
This. Aint nobody got time for spacing out drops according to some mesh. Extracting already slows your cyclerate down enough, no need to get scientific on drops

i was curious to understand if it was the teacher of King "Quarry" da Miner!
so i had a look on EntropiaLife.... all this effort fir the below?
i was expecting i dont say "most gracius" style but at least "scarlet" stats...

just go SW of Argus PVP lake and drop only ORE ... 15% of it will be Pyrite on average. GL

MineralValueTime
Lysterium Stone55 PEDMon, 10 Apr 2023 12:04:53
Lysterium Stone71 PEDSat, 08 Apr 2023 01:29:29
Crude Oil91 PEDFri, 07 Apr 2023 22:35:10
Zinc Stone163 PEDThu, 30 Mar 2023 20:38:11
Dianum Ore101 PEDSun, 19 Mar 2023 10:17:18
Niksarium Stone136 PEDFri, 17 Mar 2023 21:00:29
trophy.png
Crude Oil346 PEDSun, 12 Mar 2023 11:06:57
Lysterium Stone57 PEDTue, 07 Mar 2023 20:10:48
Magerian Mist78 PEDSat, 25 Feb 2023 19:49:35
Crude Oil57 PEDWed, 22 Feb 2023 17:02:49
Lysterium Stone52 PEDMon, 13 Feb 2023 21:49:34
Crude Oil81 PEDTue, 24 Jan 2023 16:50:50
Zinc Stone58 PEDTue, 10 Jan 2023 16:28:56
Lysterium Stone53 PEDSat, 07 Jan 2023 22:58:44
Lysterium Stone79 PEDSat, 07 Jan 2023 11:37:45
Vedacore Fibre79 PEDFri, 06 Jan 2023 05:41:42
Lysterium Stone67 PEDSun, 20 Sep 2020 08:51:52
Durulium Stone76 PEDThu, 27 Feb 2020 18:57:02
Azur Pearls52 PEDTue, 07 Jan 2020 13:42:32
Lysterium Stone50 PEDThu, 29 Aug 2019 20:51:47

I fail to see where there was math involved with this.

But none the less, I read this.
Perhaps I should drop a few screenshots a bit later in order to explain what I am looking for a bit better..

In the meantime, I will try and explain with a bit of text. I created and shared two spreadsheets that are available in my signature, I asked someone from the community to vet the math of one of these sheets and nothing came of it. Anyways the way that it works / supposed to work is interesting.

It creates a grid either circular or square consisting of radius^2 members and arranges those members in the respective matrices, with the coordinates used to generate the matrix in the center. It then divides each x and y coordinate pair by a user determined factor and returns the coordinate pair that best matches that factor.

I have been taking screenshots of various factors and their results. Over the weekend I was using a Square matrix with a factor and diameter of 110 m which netted me three globals, I did have to wait for the matrix to "spawn" before I attempted the run.

I have screenshots of ln("x") and exp("x") as well as "hybrid" numbers consisting of "SKILL GAINS" that hit but as expected fade over time. Some of the shots even show the claims drifting from where they should be to another location.

Last edited:
I want to let you all know that i did read everything but Was not able to understand , so i asked a AI to translate

Its broken now ... thanks

I would just like to share with you that I, even a non mining person. Did in fact get a successful hit 1m or less away from where I dropped.

Best I got is this. for now. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vbDoFoJd9R0Sm8r-3-AWjq34bFeN3NIk/view?usp=sharing.

Sorry but I do not know why I cannot create the link directly. Ye I know that its possible to get a mining hit, its repeating a hit and knowing how you did it that's the tricky part.

Parameters that I used to locate the find is also in the screenshot. This using an MD1 with a diameter of 110m, factor of 110, just like the f105, and it hit. so I find that very interesting.

Last edited:
Sorry but I do not know why I cannot create the link directly. Ye I know that its possible to get a mining hit, its repeating a hit and knowing how you did it that's the tricky part.
You said in a previous rambling thread that it was impossible to get a hit 1 meter or less away. I actually have another clip from last night that is .9m away from me.

My point is, if something very basic like that isn’t taken into account in any of this magic math nonsense, why would you continue on with something where the original base claim is false?

Let’s start over and try again. Have you thought about a^2+b^2=C^2?

You said in a previous rambling thread that it was impossible to get a hit 1 meter or less away. I actually have another clip from last night that is .9m away from me.

My point is, if something very basic like that isn’t taken into account in any of this magic math nonsense, why would you continue on with something where the original base claim is false?

Let’s start over and try again. Have you thought about a^2+b^2=C^2?
I think I said that the relative radius was 1m. Imagine a square grid consisting of 110^2 members, each one 1m apart from each other. What if the generation of a claim depends on exactly which coord pair is dropped on ? Would that not make the relative radius, ie the radius that triggers a claim to spawn =>1 ?

Would not dropping on the coordinate pair caused something else to spawn ? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVJ-Ri2nw775SPxeyrSeNCFGG8lJoxBk/view?usp=sharing

Distance formula, what about it ?

Last edited:
Latest run 223% return from 60 ped spent, 134 in resources. And I took pictures :)

Oh fuck oh shit. Thats an insane sample size. What 60 drops MAYBE?
Fair enough, baby steps... Oh impatient one...

I stopped the next run prematurely because as a miner, I feel that there is no profit in it due to low hit rate, again, I have pics :)
No random coordinates, uniform bloody setups across the board...

Also previous area, I know like the back of my hand, where I am now, i don't so its layout could be different with a completely different factor.

Another run over and something right off the bat, 2nd and 3rd runs, significantly more skillgains than the first... And once again I have pictures... and once again, stopped mining due to low hitrate when compared to the first run. I did get "rarer" resources though, but hardly makes up for the low hitrate.

Noted, I am going for a more quality over quantity approach. If this is the case then rng is really all there is to it which is disappointing.
How could return be stable over time without that ? Why spawn resources if it imbalance the system ? Why spawn resources if managing that cost money? Why why why. Truth is, there nothing in mobs, nothing underground just the same as there nothing in a craft machine. Sure, if you play loto kerb or loto ambu the multi wave is different and so is the MU extraction but every action in EU come down to one of the simplest and wisest thing my mentor told me. "In the end, you will know the result after you did it."

How could return be stable over time without that ? Why spawn resources if it imbalance the system ? Why spawn resources if managing that cost money? Why why why. Truth is, there nothing in mobs, nothing underground just the same as there nothing in a craft machine. Sure, if you play loto kerb or loto ambu the multi wave is different and so is the MU extraction but every action in EU come down to one of the simplest and wisest thing my mentor told me. "In the end, you will know the result after you did it."
But you cant shoot air.. Try it, see what happens..

I also agree about knowing the result after you did something, but you can control the parameters that created that result, like where you dropped a probe, where the mob is that you are shooting, and which crafting iteration you are on, while adjusting the condition bar.

All 3 smack of matrices.

I have also managed to identify and take pictures of 3 different factor combinations when using the square factor excel spreadsheet that I have shared, that work for me. One of the factors is included in the sheet, the second relates to something that I said above and the third, well it "transforms" - "all will be Phyrexian" (you will have to jump through a few hoops to get the answer to that riddle) - "You got The Touch....."

Oh and good luck to those of you that are going to the pre-release tomorrow.

Last edited:
But you cant shoot air.. Try it, see what happens..
You cant ? I do it all the time with my [The Snowballer]. Result vary if you hit something by mistake, shoot in non pvp, shoot in pvp.
But back to what I feel it really mean. Why cant you ?
If you played Diablo II, there no loot in mob. None...
If you play a slot machine it's just a string of hashes and the machine give you A result giving that amount of money. On mechanical slot it will spin to the nearest result giving that $ return while on electronic ones it has the capcity of showing epic near miss to trigger more betting.
When you play a mini game in a slot machine where it ask you to select 4 cards out of 10 to get a reward. There only a visual perception of choices. Regardless of the cards you pick. The result of the flipped card is the same. There no actual cards on the mini game. It's just giving you monetary result based on the hashes.

This can be said about MA mining really easy. You can overlap mining and still find stuff, but the claim will not spawn at same location. It's IMPOSSIBLE! Doesnt mean the claim is 1 place or another. Just a visual that make you believe you can beat the machine.

When a magician do card tricks. He never really do real magic.... Sometime he even make you pick the exact card he want even if he made you scroll threw the pack. Illusion of choices are many in gaming from flash games to EU to slot machines.

When a magician do card tricks. He never really do real magic
First off....Thanks for ruining my childhood.

Secondly
If you played Diablo II, there no loot in mob. None...
If you play a slot machine it's just a string of hashes and the machine give you A result giving that amount of money. On mechanical slot it will spin to the nearest result giving that $ return while on electronic ones it has the capcity of showing epic near miss to trigger more betting.
When you play a mini game in a slot machine where it ask you to select 4 cards out of 10 to get a reward. There only a visual perception of choices. Regardless of the cards you pick. The result of the flipped card is the same. There no actual cards on the mini game. It's just giving you monetary result based on the hashes.
This is 100% true

This can be said about MA mining really easy. You can overlap mining and still find stuff, but the claim will not spawn at same location. It's IMPOSSIBLE! Doesnt mean the claim is 1 place or another. Just a visual that make you believe you can beat the machine.
I do not care about where a claim spawns, just that it does.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pLA-iHvPECvtCFuIWFVRpqevwBGtyG45/view?usp=sharing

You do realise that you can test this for yourself right ? BUT, currently, its only ONE THIRD (I think) of what is needed. My current run is absolute sh1te as I have not changed to one of the other 2 (again I think there's only 2 more) configs. So if you have 3 misses in a row, stop using it !!!!!

Last edited:
These comments are not applicable as in order to gamble in Sweden, Mindark would require a gambling license which they do not have.

Back