Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

...As you know, MA was announced 24-30% revenue.

...$15540 to buy 100 CLD for current price 1500 PED

...As you see, nothing values closed to promised ROI, because the price of CLD is 1500 PED.

Crazy, crazy, crazy!
You HAVE to take the MA projections based at the original price of 1000 peds, as that was what they sold them at!
It was what they claimed to be expected for those buyers.
What is it about that which you do not see?

Plus, the ROI ideally needs a mechanism for reinvesting the weekly payouts until you wish to withdraw (if you wish to), but this more complicated. Simple mechanisms assume trying to buy up more of the same until near the end of the selected investment period.....

The way I see it, people can be pretty happy with the returns from the original CLD offering as things stand so far - maybe they are even buying CLDs bit by bit at 1500 with the payouts they get.

BUT - deciding to buy CLDs now for the first time IS INDEED a different matter. The conditions are nowhere near as good as they were. Especially the question to deposit peds as an investment.... yes.
If that is what you are trying to highlight, then please do not get mixed up with the past and the present.

Crazy, crazy, crazy!
BUT - deciding to buy CLDs now for the first time IS INDEED a different matter. The conditions are nowhere near as good as they were. Especially the question to deposit peds as an investment.... yes.
If that is what you are trying to highlight, then please do not get mixed up with the past and the present.

All final calculations (8% ROI) for present day
I have already said - a decrease of ROI was due to speculation of the players, and not because MA does something

Re-investing - 0% ROI or moneyback, one of the forms of donate :laugh:

Added:
As an element of speculation CLD is most profitable tool in the EU. But the player who purchased CLD for 1500, may sell it only more expensive. Otherwise, he will lose money ;) (not counting the weekly income)
So, the prices will be raised again!

Last edited:
Substract comission to withdraw $17441,6 - 3,5% = $16831,14
(this comission will be always, you cannot decrease it)

will you stop keep saying this. i dont know if this is a Russian banking thing, but from MA there is a 1% fee.

and if you think you can get 12% at your local bank which is risk free, then you dont understand risk or banking (or recent history).

Have been looking for information like this about CLDs thanks for this thread.

will you stop keep saying this. i dont know if this is a Russian banking thing, but from MA there is a 1% fee.

This is first valuable argument. Thank you.

But why I must stop? Yep, with 1% fees it will be ~14%, but not all countries have 1% for transfer operations.
So, how about taxes? Here in Russia all income (except % from bank deposits) will be charged by tax, so real ROI in my case will be lower. In Russia we also have progressive tax for gambling (for EU) 35%, if this case is found to be similar as gambling, therefore I must pay tax 35%. :confused:

Real ROI (with 35% tax and transactions fees) in my case is 5,3%
With a 1% bank operations - 9%

Or you thinking that EU is tax free?

In my city I can find a offer of bank deposit with a 7,5-8% in US dollars (not in roubles). Without taxes and risks

In my city I can find a offer of bank deposit with a 7,5-8% in US dollars (not in roubles). Without taxes and risks

Woah, In my country it's mostly 1-3% for quite some time now :D

No you cannot - As simple as that. There simply isn't a single triple-A investment on the market atm offering 7,5-8%.

I am not taking more time out of my day correcting your posts but anyone with an investing background will clearly see that you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to your calculations.

Angel

No you cannot - As simple as that. There simply isn't a single triple-A investment on the market atm offering 7,5-8%.

I do not understand. My bank offers me the deposit rate in U.S. dollars 4-5% (different time of deposit), other banks - more (up to 7,5-8%). All deposits are insured. EU is not a AAA investment lol. My bank is a part of Russia deposits insurance system - return of all money is always guaranteed by Bank of Russia.

We here in Russia have a micro-finance institutions that offer returns on deposits 10% per month (in rubles). But these deposits is risky (as EU for me).

I have my own small business and I have a yearly profit of 100 to 200% of the investment after taxes. (Sorry, typo about "monthly"corrected)

You still do not believe me? Come to Russia :)

Last edited:
Is EU itself "the bag"????

EU is an investment for many. Like many other investments, in stock market, pension or private funds, gold, houses or cash only/foreign reserves, anything is under various degrees of risk.

House market can crash (it did already), gold can be manipulated, cash can be disastrously devalued. Every time will be people smart enough or not especially greedy to exit a particular investment at the right time, making a small fortune. But the majority will either sell in panic when is too late, or hang with their investment "bag" hoping for a trend reversal.

This waiting sometimes can be a long, painfully and costly thing.

One particular thing about EU is, investments cannot be transformed in something else fast. It will take years for a skilled player to chip out, for example.

For the people from US or West Europe who do not understand Eastern Europe and other so-called emerging markets: the interest rate for currencies in US $ and Euro denominations was much higher than in the West. In Eastern Block countries belonging to EU (the RL empire, not the game) US$ was pushed out all-together after 2005 or so but in Russia and the Far East still the dollar is seeing as the king I suppose (I fare better in Far East with dollars and not Euros)

Lots of people were taking credits in foreign currencies, and many sent money back home in foreign currency. Banks wanted to feast on these opportunities so the interest rate was much bigger than in West. After 2008 a lot of banks were hungry to patch their holes and tried to assure quick cash - I could negotiate deposits in Euro for around 8% and even last year you could get over 5%, and this inside European Union. Go and ask for withdrawal at that time, and they would become livid and offer crazy.

This trend finished this year, at least in my country.

Regarding bank fees, I never paid more than 1%. The "guarantees" for deposits are present too - here was raised up to 100k in 2011, but good luck taking the money back in case of bank runs, I'm pretty sure nobody will pay back those even if by law the amounts should be there in a special fund.

We went a looooong way from the thread topic :)

Interesting discussion.

I am glad I just bought the CLD to support the game, and as a "life-long subscription". I don't intend to withdraw the earnings, so my ROI has instantly gone up by..10% (On 1000-ped withdrawals). Also, I am saving deposit fees, so more yield.

Yet... I still find the return slightly dissappointing.

So, I guess with the new VU commingup tomorrow CLD payout has reached its deepest point for now.
So likely it will start to go up again.
Hope it gets above 4.5 fast, so I can start playing again :)

The payout is pretty much inline with the fact that people save peds to use in the new VU.
They expect new items / blueprints to drop in the first few days.
Long term the payout is pretty much the same as last year.

So just quit worrying and play and have fun instead.

ok, warming up for the mega cld payout this week. Frankly I don't see how it can be more than about 1.5 peds or so max, but I'd love to be shown to be wrong. Anyway, compared to last week, at least the crafting success percentages seem to be up a bit, so maybe crafters had a better time in isolated areas where the servers were more stable... we shall see.

Honestly surprised it was this high: 2.54947 this week...

Me too. We will see what happens as this is carrying over into the next week.

Even if nothing is done - which I hope is not the case - I don't see the activity level (and payout) really dropping. Its not like Calypso is down. Plenty of fairly stable servers.

Honestly surprised it was this high: 2.54947 this week...

Im not surprised at all. Servers was down all day long (almost 1/7 of the week), then it wasnt posible to do normal hunting for rest 5/7 days... So we should be happy with 2.5 ped payout. MA is loosing monay while servers are so unstable too.

Im not surprised at all. Servers was down all day long (almost 1/7 of the week), then it wasnt posible to do normal hunting for rest 5/7 days... So we should be happy with 2.5 ped payout. MA is loosing monay while servers are so unstable too.

I think that is what he was saying. I too am greatly surprised at this payout.Yes, it is terribly low, but it still is about 40% higher than I had guesstimated,

I think that is what he was saying. I too am greatly surprised at this payout.Yes, it is terribly low, but it still is about 40% higher than I had guesstimated,

I think the figure may have been 'subsidised'... although I haven't tried to check if loads of people went mining in remote places in order to have a playable experience with claims that would hopefully still be around after any (but fewer) crashes in those places.
I guess it's my question really: what % of usual turnover would ppl say they had this past week (on Caly or as Caly-born on a diff planet)?

3 ....wait for it.... .75 PED this week

3.75 PED per Deed this week

hmm really? where are the 5.xx ped/week gone?

Today is a good day to be a CLD owner ;)
I believe some might say the current 27%-35% below the stated expectation, and on one single occasion (41 weeks ago) in modern times actually reaching the stated minimum 27% ROI, could be reason for less celebratory measures.

Had CLD ROI ever reached and stayed solidly in the range 5.19-5.76 PED (i.e. the 27%-30% stated expected range) I could see cause for enjoyment, but the fact of the matter is that ROI is at an all time low. Last week was the lowest in modern time. Only times it was lower was during introduction, weeks 4 (x-mas 2011) and 14.

The ROI average for 3 months is now below 21%. 6 months is at 21.48%, and since beginning of time its 23.41%. All display a steady declining trend.

If anything, I think it's starting to look like the time of consequences is approaching for a certain "someone" who made public forward looking statement of expected ROI performance.

Back