Can we say that........

Well, I play less because my rubberbanding comes way too often, and because I have more fun things to do, like spending time with girlfriend, drinking and smoking wizzey with mates, grappling, ropejumping, and the list goes on.

I am sure a lot of ppl have problems with logging in, or their pc's can't handle it, or connection problems like me - it's not the first time people predict the end of EU, sell out cheap and then come back, regretting they did ))

This is a personal choice, but I still doubt I'll sell out or chip out any time soon - EU became a part of my life in past 3 or so years, an I still see myself in 5 to 10 years logging in in once in a while to hunt a bit, or throw some bombs on a cold winter evening, and chat with friends...

And how can I miss all the EF baby momma drama)))

The return rates are even worse than some here have been saying, in practical terms, for anyone except ubers. Why do I say that?

The only way of even breaking even, as far as I can see, is to sell everything at markup. Foul bones, for example, are a joke loot at TT price but actually some value at MU. The problem is that one's storage fills up with a mountain of junk in miniscule amounts, that can't be sold at markup because the auction fee eats all the profit and more; and nearly all the resellers who used to stand around at PA, Twin and Swamp Camp have gone, so it's very difficult to sell even at reduced MU. I have about 60 PED worth of junk in storage, but it's in stacks of at most 30 except for green paint, animal hide and muscle oil.

This must be a huge database load, spread over the whole playerbase, so it makes sense for MA to do something about it. What might work is to change the order system so one could sell any amount to an order without a fee to the seller, combined with fractional-PED (down to cents) pricing.

Mid-to-high level players don't have this sort of problem, I assume, because the loot, even the rubbish, comes in bigger stacks.

Another problem for players is ammo in loot. This is a problem for the same reason that UK Lottery scratchcard small prizes are a problem; most if not all of that ammo is recycled. Do we have any figures anywhere about how much of the value of loot is in ammo? I am not including explosive ammo here, because it can't be bought from TT and most lower-level players don't use the stuff.

One rather radical solution to a lot of problems might be for, along with a market system in which one could buy in amounts smaller than the order on file (and in fractional PED amounts) the TT to vanish altogether (or greatly change its function) - and make it possible to use a tool similar to the refiners to make the basic things currently sold there. Ammo and basic goods production in player hands, in other words.

Removing the TT would get rid of a PED sink, but also of a PED faucet. How much money comes every day from sales of random junk to TT?

I suppose that it would also have to be possible to recycle the sort of junk (broken equipment for example) that is currently sold to TT. Somehow, being a scrap dealer has some appeal!

It will probably be better when:

1) All VUs relating to VU10 (such as 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3) are done, since FPC/MA will probably start the REAL advertizing then.

2) The planets will come, since they all will advertize their own planets, as well as EU in general and Calypso will be advertized...

3) Planets will fight eachother for players, meaning they will all have to get better and better, meaning better gameplay

:wise:

A problem for this game could arise if the new planets take say 50% the players away. How would the economy cope with such a depletion of players.

I don't know about anyone else but after depoing a few hundred dollars since VU10 I haven't even got one single global.

A problem for this game could arise if the new planets take say 50% the players away. How would the economy cope with such a depletion of players.

ess players to shoot = less players to loot, it's all about balancing :p

Wow, is it possible that this is a thread where it might be acknowledged that things are turning sour?!
:eek:

*waits for the fanboys "everything is fine, lootius is great!" addendum*

Funny how someone who already claims to be quitting the game wants to hear nothing but negative comments about it.

I'll tell you what, you can have your opinion. I just hope that after you stop using the game you also stop showing up in the forum.

Not everyone is easily dragged down by what is only a small set-back in population. Planet Calypso is now completely new and it has or will have many features that attracted hundreds of thousands of people in the past.

You would have to be pretty near sighted to think that current conditions are in any way an indication of Planet Calypsos long term future. Many of us are still enjoying the game and learning to adjust our game play to deal with changes. Those of you who can't handle the changes or who want to quite anyway, bye bye.

It's pretty simple, MA just wants to squeeze as most money out of the game as possible, it is a corporation, not a charity and wants to maximixe its revenue - everybody here is just necessary for paying the bills and marcos new Volvo ;) .

This system works until the point, when MA cross the red line - meaning too many players leaving the game to sustain a stable economy and pay for loots. In order to get most out of the game, MA just nerfs the whole system more and more until too many players are leaving,

like nerfs since I've been playing PE:

- Axe 1x0
- Amps
- Skill System
- Mob Regen Rate
- Agility
- Clothes
etc.

VU10 was just needed to attract new players (state of the art graphics), there were no changes to the game in favor of the players e.g. better gameplay - MA introduced Malls, Art, Beauty, Coloring, Taming and so on, all nice features, but they don't contribute anything to the gameplay, they are only costing Peds (best for MA, give the players a few colored pixels without any use and get money for it ;) .
The only growing problem for MA is the increasingly bad rep of EU, due to the dissatisfaction of many players.
They don't even maintain own forums, I'm pretty sure, it's because they don't want to get all the negative threads and posts on their own site, which potentially new customers can see directly.
I'm just hoping for a fresh start on the CKI Planet... maybe it will be better there, at least it's a chance :)

My friend told me a rewiewer tried EU when the new release came and CE2 was launched. Apparently the rewier said this game was shit after just an hour of playing. In my opinion he should've atleast try this game a month or so before giving it a bad rewiew ;)

I had to pick up on this point. In the context of EU, you are right, you can't get an accurate feeling of the game unless you play for a good while.

The point made by the reviewer, whilst unconstructive, is far more valid than you realise, though.

Games are all about first impressions, and in my mind, anyone who knows his or her onions about games WILL think EU is a pile of the proverbial. It's not that noob friendly, it's not especially easy to get into (especially if you don't want to deposit straight away), and the interface is, well, clunky to put it politely.

I think what this reviewer said probably reflects the first thoughts of a lot of seasoned gamers about EU. Back when I was heavily into EU (and it took me a while) I tried to get a few of my fellow game-developing buddies into the game. They played for a grand total of about 5 mins before declaring it a steaming pile of horse dung. It actually took me a while to understand why they thought that too. I guess for some reason, I, like some other people are able to see through the crappy design, and to the potential of the game itself.

There's no denying that certain elements are pure genius, it's just that they are shrowded in a cocoon of superficiality and poor gameplay.

Back on topic, just for a mo, I think this problem will blight all of the planets in a way. I'm just hoping that at least one of them will actually try to address these issues, and reset the bar for FPC.

I think that we have lost a portion of the player base to the requirements of VU10. There were many people playing with low settings and just getting by in version 9.x that are now unable to play. I have had to lower my settings towards the meduim/low range to be able to play VU10 smoothly while the same machine ran version 9.x beautifully.

I also think that when sweating comes back and quests are implemented we should see more players coming in/back.

It is important for all the systems to come back online and for FPC to start bringing the fun back to Calypso.

I do not think that loot has been any worse than before VU10, it comes in waves just like before. I have good days and bad days but overall I have actually been doing quite well...:)

There is still a lot of work to be done by FPC and MA as well as the planet partners. It will be interesting to watch the Entropia Univers unfold.

Cheers :beerchug:

EU will always have such waves of come and go in crucial points. And is a dev problem. They pretend EU is aiming *investors*, while the actual gaming mechanism is aiming rich kids able to get bored fast.

So when the marketing message is conflicting with the actual content, you can only have problems.

Fortunately MA seem a bit more mature lately marketing-wise, even though making advertising on Yahoo while your starting-user content is not ready is somehow moronic. The good part is all big names did it. Let's hope also that the planet partners will bring in some good marketing know-how.

As a sidenote, I saw something about Blizzard. I can say only one thing: God forbid takeover from a powerful publisher. Only then EU will be 100% destroyed. Let's hope will appear other games, let's hope for RCE competition since that should breed good ideas, that yes, but by comparison, from all points of view, me as customer consider MindArk leagues above any big developer/publisher in the market. And I think myself as one of the least able to be qualified as MA fanboi :)

The point made by the reviewer, whilst unconstructive, is far more valid than you realise, though.

Games are all about first impressions, and in my mind, anyone who knows his or her onions about games WILL think EU is a pile of the proverbial. It's not that noob friendly, it's not especially easy to get into (especially if you don't want to deposit straight away), and the interface is, well, clunky to put it politely.

Also wanted to pick up something too. First impressions are undoubtably the main thing in any game. All the negatives that the reviewer actually mentioned were valid and true.
Some people from here were saying that, EU had just gone trhough major update its expected - end of the day, the game is a product, you don't unleash it to the world when it has blatent in your face problems. Its like me going to the shop to buy a shoe, and having the store manager pass me a thread and some material "here you go son, its top of the range footwear at its best!" Fact is, the "major update" thing is just an excuse, i admit i use it to others when trying to promote EU. Having said that, we can't do anything about it now except wait till it get fixed.
Some people were also saying, huh "maybe he should have done some research before he played"... but like he said in his review, he did check EF and it took 5-10 mins... but who does that anymore in games today. You first find out if you like the game before you decide if its worth investing time researching upon.

More to the point of the thread though, another thing that i missed out. As i mentioned if significant customer growth doesnt occur when the new planets come... it definately means that Entropia has failed (hopefully this doesnt happen). Couple of things going against EU so far in terms of business: 1) It has taken 10 years to amass 20k active players, 2) not much presence is felt in the media in terms of the game, 3)EU is beginning to get alot of negative reputation from the gaming world (you only need to google "Entropia Universe reviews" and read what actual gamers think - rare sightings of positive comments).

Ultimately, when the new planets come and the 20k player-base increases, say to 30 or 40k... that still won't be enough. With 6 planets in total, who have promised to attract millions of players (though realistically i think its hundreds of thousands) lets just hope they get things rolling. Otherwise Entropia Universe will feel like too much butter (players) spread over too much bread (EU).

The ammount of time I spend ingame has dropped dramtically.

I used to log in every evening on my laptop whilst the wife, sat next to me watched, corrie, eastenders and holby city etc.

I can no longer do this as the game is virtually unplayable on my 6 month old laptop. This means I have to go to another room to play on the PC whilst the missus is left sulking by herself in the living room.

Therefore the 2 - 3 hr sessions have been replaced with breif 20 - 30 min logins

:)

no complains here. i'm the same, infact i only come in to renew auctions which is everyday but as far as hunting, i totally refrained from that. if any, i just click textures from some nice friends bringing me mats for them. other than that, just a quick hello to my fl and outta there. i hardly have anyone on fl each time i log in. i figure, well if there's no team hunt, cp or access to estates, i will let this one pass. until then i am elsewhere in a different gaming community :)
i hope those nice features come back soon.

I am not spending as much as I used to, simply because the mob spawns are too thin.

It's hard to spend lots when your radar only shows 2 mobs at a time.

I have been kind of happy because i have not been playing EU. I have more money in my pocket. LOL.

But this new change has messed up EU in a couple of ways. Because of the graphic problem Textures, Clothes, and the beauty business is almost shot. Which is bad for EU and the people who made ped off of it in the game.

The Teleport run situation is bad, I need TP Run. Saves time and peds.

The mere fact that making me pay for Testing this engine is really insulting, furthermore, The Bugs and glitches make me lose peds that I dont even get back by playing the game.

At least when we had our apartments and houses it gave is something else to do in the way of exploring.

No sweating and no free things to make money is not right. There should be more ways to make free money to play the game, since there is less loot.

Maybe I will start playing again in january. This is a recession and I need my money for the holidays. Im not giving it to the FEW who get hofs and ATH and you know who you are.

Wow, is it possible that this is a thread where it might be acknowledged that things are turning sour?!
:eek:

*waits for the fanboys "everything is fine, lootius is great!" addendum*

Heh, that would really tick you off, wouldn't it? Can't have people enjoying themselves!

...its also the time of year when normal participation starts to drop due Christmas coming. Add the GFC and I think we would see less people than normal VU10 or not.

I was reading the posts wondering when someone would figure that out. Every year in the fall, things slow down as people start saving their deposits for Christmas and the holidays. This is actually a good time ot buy things ingame if you can afford them. The prices go down and then rise again after the holidays end. I always buy in the fall just before the holidays and sometimes the peak of summer when people are at the beach and use is down.

Player activity drops around this time for the same reasons. Now, this year add the big graphics requirements jump and the world's economy and you're going to get a drop. The sky isn't falling and I don't believe MA is either.

:wtg:Marco!! I found something else to do with myself.....

No Resources Found = no logging in except sometimes to say hi to those very very nice RELICS!

...its also the time of year when normal participation starts to drop due Christmas coming. Add the GFC and I think we would see less people than normal VU10 or not.

I thought the drop happened in the spring and then again in summer and then again when school opened and then around the holidays.

I thought the drop happened in the spring and then again in summer and then again when school opened and then around the holidays.

lol I was just about to write that. When exactly is that magical time? Used to be (or so I was told) in the summer when all the swedes were out enjoying what little summer nature afforded them. Not sure if that's the case now.

I've played since 2004. Every VU since then people have complained that this time the loot is really, seriously worse than it was before. :rolleyes:

well, isn't it true? :laugh:

As to the game, it's pretty simple - the only incentive for MA to improve things is a loss of their profit.
If you think it's not worth it, don't pay and things might get better :laugh:
.. or MA will go bankrupt (again) and stop running this business (which makes sense considering the amount of money they've already sucked out).

Since the beginning of VU10 i was pretty negative about EU, the gameplay sucked, loots were horrible, had a lot of crashes and bugs. Maybe my overall expectations were just too high. Because i must say, i am much more positive about a lot of things. Ofc the loots still suck, but i'm starting to get accustomed to the look and feel of the 'new' game. Cant really explain why, but i am enjoying myself much better than 2 months ago.
Hope this feeling will last....

This is uther bollocks. Busiest times within PE have always been February-June and October till December. Just leaving out the summer holiday with the good weather and January because people really have to recover from their spendings in December. October should be bustling with activity though. People all back from holidays, weather getting worse and evenings darker. THE time for playing online games!

New Planets? I think those will have very limited content at start and will be expanded in future.

And not even there yet... Don't expect to much from them...

It will probably be better when:
1) All VUs relating to VU10 (such as 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3) are done, since FPC/MA will probably start the REAL advertizing then.
2) The planets will come, since they all will advertize their own planets, as well as EU in general and Calypso will be advertized...
3) Planets will fight eachother for players, meaning they will all have to get better and better, meaning better gameplay

Now the question is, will PE/EU/FPC make it till then?! I definitely hope yes. But so far people play less (me to) and there are less players online (my FL shows me as well). After the biggest VU in PE history! :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

That will happen if the planets actually open up, period! It's not like when a planet opens up, the same amount of current players automatically joins the universe. Nope, the current player base + a few more people will be divided over the planets. you can count on that.

Not everyone is easily dragged down by what is only a small set-back in population. Planet Calypso is now completely new and it has or will have many features that attracted hundreds of thousands of people in the past.

You would have to be pretty near sighted to think that current conditions are in any way an indication of Planet Calypsos long term future. Many of us are still enjoying the game and learning to adjust our game play to deal with changes. Those of you who can't handle the changes or who want to quite anyway, bye bye.

1. I think it is a rather large set back, definitely not a small one. My own playing time, my FL and Entropia tracker easily shows so.
2. Over the years PE has gained a rather negative reputation which wasn't there when those 100s of 1000s of players joined in the past (from which about 99,6% did not stay for real).
3. The longterm future of PE is at stake for the first time since MAs bankrupcy in 2003. I am very worrie about that.
4. The bad returns in the last months are of a scale that I haven't seen yet in 6,5 years of PE and meanwhile so many aspects of the game have been tweaked, nerfed etc.. It is getting harder and harder to deal with it.
5. Bye bye... Actually someone from MA has said the same in a thread on this forum. That attitude is soooo short-sighted!

Let's hope will appear other games, let's hope for RCE competition since that should breed good ideas, that yes, but by comparison, from all points of view, me as customer consider MindArk leagues above any big developer/publisher in the market. And I think myself as one of the least able to be qualified as MA fanboi :)

Yes, yes and yes. MA/FPC needs competition. Not from "Planet partners", but from other companies!

Dunno exactly what I want to say with my comments in this post. I am worried and that needs to get out. Last months I mostly find myself ingame after an hour of killing mobs, 200k ammo down, no global, 60-120 ped loot, 80 ped in repairs and no lust to continu playing....
Cost $10-$20 an hour, playing with my regular gear, with 220k total skills, with years of ingame experience... Fun.... Fun...?!?! Entertainment.... Entertainment...?!

Don't tell me that I should hunt longer. Don't ask me how many ped I cycle. Don't check my tracker for globals/amount of loot. I am playing less and less already from end 2007/ early 2008. And the way PE is going when it comes to cost per hour to play, it just is ridiculous. it will only cause me to play even less...

I am still here because I see the potential for the future and I want to see how it continues.
But more and more I am getting worried about the actually continuation in the future.

Last edited:
This is uther bollocks. Busiest times within PE have always been February-June and October till December. Just leaving out the summer holiday with the good weather and January because people really have to recover from their spendings in December. October should be bustling with activity though. People all back from holidays, weather getting worse and evenings darker. THE time for playing online games!

And not even there yet... Don't expect to much from them...

Now the question is, will PE/EU/FPC make it till then?! I definitely hope yes. But so far people play less (me to) and there are less players online (my FL shows me as well). After the biggest VU in PE history! :scratch2: :scratch2: :scratch2:

That will happen if the planets actually open up, period! It's not like when a planet opens up, the same amount of current players automatically joins the universe. Nope, the current player base + a few more people will be divided over the planets. you can count on that.

1. I think it is a rather large set back, definitely not a small one. My own playing time, my FL and Entropia tracker easily shows so.
2. Over the years PE has gained a rather negative reputation which wasn't there when those 100s of 1000s of players joined in the past (from which about 99,6% did not stay for real).
3. The longterm future of PE is at stake for the first time since MAs bankrupcy in 2003. I am very worrie about that.
4. The bad returns in the last months are of a scale that I haven't seen yet in 6,5 years of PE and meanwhile so many aspects of the game have been tweaked, nerfed etc.. It is getting harder and harder to deal with it.
5. Bye bye... Actually someone from MA has said the same in a thread on this forum. That attitude is soooo short-sighted!

Yes, yes and yes. MA/FPC needs competition. Not from "Planet partners", but from other companies!

Dunno exactly what I want to say with my comments in this post. I am worried and that needs to get out. Last months I mostly find myself ingame after an hour of killing mobs, 200k ammo down, no global, 60-120 ped loot, 80 ped in repairs and no lust to continu playing....
Cost $10-$20 an hour, playing with my regular gear, with 220k total skills, with years of ingame experience... Fun.... Fun...?!?! Entertainment.... Entertainment...?!

Don't tell me that I should hunt longer. Don't ask me how many ped I cycle. Don't check my tracker for globals/amount of loot. I am playing less and less already from end 2007/ early 2008. And the way PE is going when it comes to cost per hour to play, it just is ridiculous. it will only cause me to play even less...

I am still here because I see the potential for the future and I want to see how it continues.
But more and more I am getting worried about the actually continuation in the future.

wow nice post .

I n any case i decided to hold my $. Join EU for chatting, maybe check auction. And waititng

What rubbish.... If you actually knew anything about the past bankruptcy of PE you would know that the situation MA is in now… has absolutely no connection to or even a faint resemblance to the past. The company is stronger, bigger, better financed and more viable than it has ever been... and you have absolutely no factual evidence to dispute that...

That attitude is not short-sighted at all a but pragmatic answer to you and others threatening leave... after your constant whining and continuous bashing of the company… MA has just invested just invested millions to meet both current and future customer demands and to find a supposed fan forum chasing customers away… with members making false, misleading statements, verging liable and slander… that are purely self indulgent and posted simply for the purpose of damaging the company’s and reputations of its personnel... is what makes that a pragmatic choice and statement that needs to heard.

IMHO they are going to start cracking down by "tting" the professional malcontents out of the game altogether as they are in-effect bad customers… with no redeeming value either as players or depositors… and “Yes Viginia,” there are bad customers… and all you can say realistically say to them is…

Wish them well
and hope they send a postcard
from whever they've gone saying
"Glad I'm Not There"​

Even in Bizzarao world this doesn’t even make sense. There are hundreds of competitors all creating their own competitive place in the market. MA is certainly capable of not only sustaining its current place as a successful company… but grabbing a much, much bigger share… The planet partners will offer a wide variety of scenarios that will appeal to wider and more diverse audiences… of differing taste and interests… each planet will eventually grow to have it’s own loyalist…and supporters… and as new planet partners come on they will have to differentiate themselves in a very unique way from all the others to gain their own customer base… and that is the brilliance of MA’s business plan… Creativity imagination entertainment and engagement will be the real determining factors for planet successes.

Dunno exactly what I want to say with my comments in this post. I am worried and that needs to get out.

You know exactly what you want to say… and that is MA/FPC sucks and the

I don’t believe you… otherwise you wouldn’t be saying all the particular negative things your saying, you would learn to find out the real positive facts… not speculate and dwell in the unsupported negative…. Your opinions as expressed here and elsewhere by you and others are perfect examples what I was referring to as “Dead Weight dragging on the wheels of progress”.

If you weren’t IMHO you would recognize all the positive investments in staff, time resources and technology as being beneficial not only to you oldtimers but to the comming majority of future players… You would know what a major step up this CE2 conversion already is… even with all the bugs and issues… and you should be reassured that all of content of creative ideas and suggestions...of both players and the staff of MA/FPC/PP... that has been held back until this CE2 implementation is complete will come in a torrent of revitalization in not a golden age of only FPC… but the AGE of EU… in a fused reality of Alternate/Real life interactions…

So be there or be square…

Last edited:
I was on somekind of gameconvension today in my City (Pretty small) The most adults and older people went away from there pretty fast. they showed some old games and some newer games there. they had something with EU aswell, two pictures, one of the single maturity argous and the other one a picture of a miner bot. My point with this is that people who don't play this game don't know much about it. But I guess it's harder to advertise EU since you put in money in it if you want too and I guess some people would overdue it. But it was fun that they atleast showed this game with two pictures and a text about Neverdie buying CND which seem to be the standard to advertise EU with :D :)

I doubt that new people will stream in when the new planets comes. My friend told me a rewiewer tried EU when the new release came and CE2 was launched. Apparently the rewier said this game was shit after just an hour of playing. In my opinion he should've atleast try this game a month or so before giving it a bad rewiew ;) what I belive will happen when the new planets come is that some old EU players who have quit will log in and just check whats new with the game :)

Given that logic, a reporter reviewing a new car could find it to be almost undriveable and then give it a good review based on what it COULD be like if the company fixed the faults?
The plain and simple fact is that MA RUSHED a fucking useless buggy game out well before it was ready (despite it working fine as it was) ..to attract attention with whoohoo graphics...but forgot that people aren't thst dumb and want something actually working ...especially those people who have no axe to grind because they have time or money already invested in EU.

Ask yourself this simple question.
IF you had started from zero on any day just after VU10 would you think that it was worth depositing or even playing ? Add to that maybe a week of running around with no sweat and no mentoring...and vistiing EF only to find many veterans with years ingame whining like a rubber kettle ...would that tell you that promises are kept in EU, or that customers matter much to MA.?
FFS you'd also find out by then that you can't play for free, and not even a tenth of the alledged playerbase actually exists, and that you are pretty much doomed to be noob for years to come.

Any reviewer that came here and advised others that it was awesome would be full of it..it STILL isn't working 100% and the only fault for that lies in Sweden nowhere else.

t

Back