Question: Cat. 2 Solo, how are you doing?

SamNorth

Guardian
Sam Jay North
For anyone who wants to share their info on Cat. 2 Solo!

I did my first round shooting only Kerberos

Scored 168 points, tried Yulebot but wasn't doing enough DPS I guess..

How are you guys doing?

I tried it this morning. Only kerberos and a few spiders. got 128 points, but I wasn't well prepared and Don't have lots of peds atm.

I might depo later this month and do the rest on a moderate speed. Never gonna win anyway.

First run 199 points yulebot lvl 38 died in 2.2 min about. Hunted mostly spiders 118k damage

Anyone know if we will get a certificate for participating like in prior years? I have seen a few posted on display in apartments.

Ive done three so far, mostly concentrating on spiders... the boss has given me a few nice things so far as well;)

About 250-260 points per run, using 69 dps gun... only thing holding me back is the stupid way the mobs are spawning. I have figured out a way to get an almost non-stop spawn by standing in the right spot though so Killpoints per run have been goin up:D

As long as loot holds out things are goin well so far.

18 session done so far, avg. of 258.83 points per session. My budget doesn't allow for bigger amps or enhancers so I probably don't have much chance of winning either :(

Doing ~82 dps with svempa x1 (started at tier 3 with dmg enhancers up to teir 3) with an evil amp. Approx. 300 points per run through 3 runs. Getting a few more points each run. Will have to switched up gun once my 2 x1's break. Unless I can find a few more x1's with good tier rates ;). Gremlin armor with 5B plates for protection and Adapted T20 for heals. Might start putting on vigi with 6a plates for yulebot (not sure if the time wasted will be worth the added burn protection or if it even does more burn like the harbingers).

Good luck to everyone in S,2!! May the hof be with you.:smoke:

5 runs so far with 978 points total. Guess i'm doing pretty bad lol.

I did one run today, 223 points on spiders+yule s2 just casually killing using gremlin+5b and apis+beast. I could probably increase this to 250-275 or so with improved technique using this setup. I have no chance at the top so won't really try, but i'll keep at it until loot goes bad. Maybe loot a nice adj mm hedoc or something else :)

The spawn is annoying as hell... always 4-5 spiders spawning on my head. Sticking to the edge's helped a little i think.

Seems to me whoever has the tier 6 Herman LAW 404 Smuggler would win Cat 2 solo. Anyone know who this is, or think of anything that can beat it?

Hey,

i read it somewhere but i can't find it now, so i'll just ask again and hope i don't get spanked :p

How much HP do the Spiders, Kerberos and the Boss have? Kerbs give 1 point and spiders 2 and the boss 10 right?

Thank you!
Thark

Last edited:
more data from ppl plz? :D

more data from ppl plz? :D

Tried twice and collected 11 pts already. :yay:

Can do it without armor, however that game-keeper at the end seemed quite unfriendly. Ouch. :ninja:

Seems to me whoever has the tier 6 Herman LAW 404 Smuggler would win Cat 2 solo. Anyone know who this is, or think of anything that can beat it?

Not gonna catch that guy. :dunno:

Will be satisfied coming in a close second. :o:

Last edited:

there is better weapons for cat 2, but it might be up there. we'll see

Regards
Thark

Last year I was aiming for top ten, with 10k invested in equipment. I came 72nd.
This year - after the novelty of killing a few big spiders easily (I hadn't noticed my new armour was fit for the job) - M'eh, the diploma might fetch 10 ped in a year or 2 LOL.
Boo.

I have 22 done and am running about 268 points per run. so not do well. I might not even get to finish, because i am stuck at work till the 5th.

1. Why somebody who owns such a gun should be still below level 50? Levels fly by pretty fast with such a gun :wtg:
2. higher tiered cb26, X1 +evil, some of the newer L-guns or a nice foeripper, mod mercy and such can give him a hard time :wtg:

Last edited:
7140 points after 30 runs & 1 server crash losing approx 39.xx mins.

Last edited:
i got around 4600 points in 16 rounds but i think that i will stop its alot more ppl ther up whit 400 points and more per run:) so gl to all

Just finished my first run at MM Cat 2 Solo, got 245 points all 122 spiders and 1 kerberos, I never realized there was a special boss mob until last minute and never had time to get him :(

How many points is the boss mob worth anyways?

Just finished my first run at MM Cat 2 Solo, got 245 points all 122 spiders and 1 kerberos, I never realized there was a special boss mob until last minute and never had time to get him :(

How many points is the boss mob worth anyways?

Yulebot S2 is worth 10 points (about 3,5x more hp and 5x more points) so it's worth killing if you don't have to heal too much compared to spiders.

armor

A tip for you all if u have to heal to much, is to get polaris. It's perfect since it has high cold and also good cut and stab. (you can also put on 5bs on it if u want to be really secure) :yay:

A tip for you all if u have to heal to much, is to get polaris. It's perfect since it has high cold and also good cut and stab. (you can also put on 5bs on it if u want to be really secure) :yay:

Bear/Boar+5B is also pretty good, 1-10 damage from Spiders :yup:

Ursa with pulsar 8 plates works well also, need a couple heals on yukebot but other then that only on big armor penetrating crits is only time I need to heal on spiders.

im not even gonna aim at any prizes, just participate. 230ish per round so far, HL6 (t4) with a104. havnt lost a dime yet...not sure how long that will keep up.

I used the last key yesterday :yay::yay: will be fun to see what I points i get after support has adjusted the sum, because I was logged out two times due to server failure :( I have missed ~ 33.5 minutes so it should be a few points.
I where hoping for a top-50 position but think it could be difficult after I read/heard what weapons and amps others people use.

Good Luck to all and Merry Christmas / Flash

I where hoping for a top-50 position but think it could be difficult after I read/heard what weapons and amps others people use.

/ Flash

What weapons did u hear others use? :p

I'm getting around 400+ points ...

I'm getting around 400+ points ...

400+ points as in average per hour? minimum per hour? maximum per hour? accumulative? first attempt?
It can mean a lot of things really.

you should have known it is per hour of course

anything above 300-330 will be some heavy ped burning. ill take the loot on that, thanks. (i bet some crafters will be happy with the sales too)

Back