FYI: Change to looted TT value of beacons

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
Shortly after the last VU, one of my soc - Cold Steel Steelrail - looted a 23ped beacon with a tt value of only 5.50ped.

Auction showed no other 'partial TT' beacons, nor had anyone I talked to ever seen one.

Steel does not use PCF, so I posted about it in the VU thread, and he lodged a support case, thinking this might be a weird 'VU bug'.

He has now received a response from support:
Hi,Thank you for your report. However, this is an intentional feature from the design team and not a bug.Kind regards,George

Auction now shows other 'partial TT' beacons.

My questions about this change to looting of beacons remain unanswered:
  • Will a partial TT beacon have to be repaired before it can be used? (Nothing on the beacon indicates that it does.)
  • What's the implication for beacon sales if it can be used at part TT? (Why pay 23ped+markup if a 5.50ped+same markup works just as well ?)
  • And I'm also curious .. WHY change it from 'always full TT on looting' to 'partial TT' ?

Last edited:
The change to lower TT when looted might be to allow more of them to drop without having to pay out more PED TT? :dunno:

Lowering TT of beacons will make them more available to "general" playerbase, I think. Thus, MU should rise a bit, thus - more taxes to AH. (smile.jpg)

Lowering TT of beacons will make them more available to "general" playerbase, I think. Thus, MU should rise a bit, thus - more taxes to AH. (smile.jpg)

If it were a few hundred ped tt for a beacon I'd agree with you but these were only 23ped each. The markup isn't going to change so dropping only 17.5ped isn't going to make that much of a difference.

My guess would be the op's first query that they'll need repairing to be able to use them but there's a very easy way to find out.

The only other thing I can think of is if they were L and you could use them multiple times with a fixed decay each time they're used. If the decay were 5.5ped (meaning this could be used once) then a 23ped type beacon could be used 4 times with 1ped left on it.

Last edited:
If it were a few hundred ped tt for a beacon I'd agree with you but these were only 23ped each. The markup isn't going to change so dropping only 17.5ped isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Do you mean, that markup isn't going to change - it was before +4 (for example), now - it will be 21.5? No way. And "only 23ped" doesn't matter maybe for you, for me - but not for "general" player base, it's 400% reduction, actually.

Also this can be just beacon mission re-balancing, since beacon MU falloff means - they losing interest/barely profitable/unprofitable at any chances. And the simplest way to re-balance (or simple tweak) whole mission - is change TT of beacon itself.

The MU on unlimited items which, if this is still UL, has always been a fixed value not a percentage so a tt value reduction shouldn't affect the player driven MU on them.

The MU on unlimited items which, if this is still UL, has always been a fixed value not a percentage so a tt value reduction shouldn't affect the player driven MU on them.

Wait. Beacon is UL thing and is repairable? Then why buy them always, when you can repair?

Beacon is like condom.

When TT value of loot i taken into consideration for it is sensible to repair them anyway ( i think kim said that about the beacons when the loot was too loot that TT of the beacon wasn't considered correctly in the loot value of the boxes - so TT value of the beacon *should* now affect loot value )

My guess would be it means more money for MA.

Old style: MA gives player 25 ped beacon (-25 ped to MA), player sells to hunter (player +25 + MU), hunter uses it (hunter -25 -MU) = MA loses 25 ped.

This style: MA gives player 1 ped beacon (-1 ped MA,) player sells to hunter (player +1 + MU), hunter repairs (+24 MA, -1 -MU.) = MA makes 23 ped.

maybe this can lead to more ul items in loot that need a repair before they are usable? ... Could be a good thing in the end.

.. Then why buy them always, when you can repair? ..

The beacon is 'consumed' at the start of the mission.

Old style: MA gives player 25 ped beacon (-25 ped to MA), player sells to hunter (player +25 + MU), hunter uses it (hunter -25 -MU) = MA loses 25 ped.
Wait, what?
Why does MA lose 25 peds when the "hunter" returns 25 peds back into the system? You think they forward consumed items into /dev/null ?

[*]Will a partial TT beacon have to be repaired before it can be used? (Nothing on the beacon indicates that it does.)
Lol so instead of trying you ask support and forum? :D
[*]And I'm also curious .. WHY change it from 'always full TT on looting' to 'partial TT' ?
Could be an attempt to somewhat lower the enormous tt losses you get in the beacons. Ofc they are still compensated but they hurt the pedcard shortterm.

Lol so instead of trying you ask support and forum? :D

Could be an attempt to somewhat lower the enormous tt losses you get in the beacons. Ofc they are still compensated but they hurt the pedcard shortterm.

Oh, we'll run it this weekend I expect**, and perhaps get some answers for part of it then. Naturally we didn't want to use it til Steel got his response back from support.

I just thought someone here might have tried a partial TT one already, as none of the regular beaconeers that I've asked ingame has tried one of these 'partial TT ones' (I've yet to find one that was even aware it had changed til I asked them about it).

**Disclaimer: If I can convince some of the guys to leave the LT and eomon alone for long enough!

Another piece of news, this time from Nick (NIcholai Nickstar Fraser).

Today while mining on FOMA, he looted a beacon with an IX claim. He was surprised that the ores extracted were less than 12ped (the normal lower range for an IX), however the ores PLUS the partial TT of the beacon did come to over 12ped - implying that the TT of the beacon had been included in the calculation of the claim.

It's always been my understanding that beacons and SOOTO's were in addition to a claim, not part of its value.

Any other miner noticed this ?

It's always been my understanding that beacons and SOOTO's were in addition to a claim, not part of its value.

Any other miner noticed this ?

I think that is true - addition to a claim. I did found a lot of SOOTO's, mostly of them was 23+25 (48 ped in total), and with lvl8 amps -, where is impossible to get claim less than 4ped (VI, modest) - and thus, those was minimum 52 peds. And they're wasn't global.

Maybe its related with Arkadia Treasure hunting system - when you hit a SOOTO on Ark, you don't get full TT items either.

My guess would be the op's first query that they'll need repairing to be able to use them...

Gypsy and Danny ran one of the part-TT beacons, and found they don't need to be repaired before use.

My guess then on the economic effect then is that higher (or full) TT beacons will become harder to sell than lowTT ones. ie Why pay 29ped+markup for a beacon when you can buy one for 5.5ped+markup with no change on the outcome?

Gypsy and Danny ran one of the part-TT beacons, and found they don't need to be repaired before use.

My guess then on the economic effect then is that higher (or full) TT beacons will become harder to sell than lowTT ones. ie Why pay 29ped+markup for a beacon when you can buy one for 5.5ped+markup with no change on the outcome?

Interesting, thank you for the update :D quote this to Arkadia forum hope you don't mind :)

I really hope this is just MA making another one of their legendary mistakes and not MA making another one of their legendary decisions that make no sense at all. :p
did you get a reply from support?

Well, historically (before vu10), getting a beacon was always a 50 ped global consisting of "x+y" where "x" is value of beacon and "y" value of residue. If no beacon then "x" would be 0, and you got all in residue, and a bigger beacon (higher TT) would mean less in residue.

Well, historically (before vu10), getting a beacon was always a 50 ped global consisting of "x+y" where "x" is value of beacon and "y" value of residue. If no beacon then "x" would be 0, and you got all in residue, and a bigger beacon (higher TT) would mean less in residue.

Yes, but if you got a mining claim with the same drop, the value of the beacon wasnt deducted from the amount of the claim.

Actually, you didn't get the beacon until and unless you looted the spaceship, so not the same thing at all.

This now is like getting a 50ped claim of say durulium, and a sooto of 10ped angel scales and finding that the durulium only came to 40ped worth.

As I said in the OP:

oh sorry i missed that, so just more stupidity from MA trying to squeeze just that little bit more blood from the same stone instead of making the game more attractive :)

i will give my theory on such things... Perhaps the Real reason to lowering the TT is to match a 'output Ped' on SooTo's thus having it all capped at a lower level of tt you will See more oppurtunity for Lightmail/hans which i am curious if anyone has found looks like people do slowly trickle but nothing as it was before... perhaps that is a cause to keep control of some factors of game aka leveling attachements to bypass the stupid clicks + hans to Weed out those bps? that use and bring new oppurtunity to the new bps? i don't know...

And I would recommend you Fill your TT full cause if you read the new rocktropia keys they highly recommend you repair it full.....
perhaps help intial loot? TT ped into mu perhaps in some form........

but i have a feeling angelscales and hans now loot in a bigger stack of tt to one person perhaps every 3 days? or so .... but that's the only reasoning i have for them lowering the TT output of the beacons.... and for you to repair to play!!!
haha

Back