cheaters paradise, should MA been seen to act?

should cheating and exploiting be punished and seen to be punished?

• no, im fine with other people cheating and exploiting, its part of the system

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • yes, MA should act and be seen to be acting against cheats and exploiters

Votes: 123 84.2%
  • it is a odd fact that 7-15% of the population dont have any opinions and i am one of them

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
given the recent bugs with mining on the newly launched planet monria, and the fact that people that, in my opinion, were purposely exploiting these bugs in a attempt to make a profit do you think that MA should be seen to do more to punish the people that exploit.
those of us that have been around this game a little longer know of all the previous exploits that went unpunished, and now we see people that appear to have abused this bug unlocked, without even a temp ban, and allowed to continue the same behaviour, i think this is extremely bad for the game, what do you think?

given the recent bugs with mining on the newly launched planet monria, and the fact that people that, in my opinion, were purposely exploiting these bugs in a attempt to make a profit do you think that MA should be seen to do more to punish the people that exploit.
those of us that have been around this game a little longer know of all the previous exploits that went unpunished, and now we see people that appear to have abused this bug unlocked, without even a temp ban, and allowed to continue the same behaviour, i think this is extremely bad for the game, what do you think?

think ma should get their fucking act together

if up to us to regulate ourselves as far as wins vs exploits where do we draw the line?

does killer bee need to file a support case

after 9 months, krom gets the biggest loot ever in eu. a feat that's never been done before despite all the best efforts of those before him. does he need to file a case now?

when someone occupies the first 3 spots on the crafting board, do they need to file a case?

I remember when highguy me still had 3 or 4 uber hofs on different mobs in one day, was it up to him to file a case?

success vs exploit is not so clear cut....

when do we say, ok something is wrong? after 2 hofs? 3? 5? 8? 12? 20?

how about at least a guideline from ma, an addition to tou. if you find 5 hofs in a period of time or in a number of drops, you have found an inconsistency that needs to be reported. I don't know, but I do know it is not in anyone's best interest to have us regulate ourselves.

if up to us to regulate ourselves as far as wins vs exploits where do we draw the line?

after 9 months, krom gets the biggest loot ever in eu. a feat that's never been done before despite all the best efforts of those before him. does he need to file a case now?

when someone occupies the first 3 spots on the crafting board, do they need to file a case?

I remember when highguy me still had 3 or 4 uber hofs on different mobs in one day, was it up to him to file a case?

how about at least a guideline from ma, an addition to tou. if you find 5 hofs in a period of time or in a number of drops, you have found an inconsistency that needs to be reported. I don't know, but I do know it is not in anyone's best interest to have us regulate ourselves.

Why are u defending bugs? yes MA are to blame but we all know we are to report them and yet you think it's ok to abuse them? this game will go to shit & fast if the bugs continue! I'm now wondering if i'm going to be paying for the 40K HOF and all the other mining globals for the next how ever many months. This game just pisses me off and more so the players thinking they can abuse it ffs!!!

Last edited:
Frightening thing is that mindark still doesn't have a proper control mechanism after the "UL" 109 exploit :scared:

If i'm out mining, and getting hof's i'm amping up...and if I hof more so be it. It's not the players job to police MA's broken bugged system. If MA can't control their own system...fuck em. I'm long past giving a rats ass about "poor MA"...

Some of the biggest exploiters in the past are now fawned over for their "uberbness", so kindly give us a break with your moral platitues "father"...lol

bad for the game, what do you think?

Sure that when things don't go as expect it is bad.

But it concerns me a lot too when it goes against the players, in such bugs MA isn't fast correcting
(even in this case it wasn't even though it had an obvious good reason)

I long come to realize that I am a beta tester to a never finnished product.

i think loren said it pretty well already but i will reply to your question, now killer bee and alan krom are lucky ****, so is highguy, you ask when does one say ok, something is wrong, well as a experienced player, like max and some of the others that took advantage, they know exactly what the loot system looks like, they know what luck looks like, and they also know that if everyone is surrounded by claims on a FOMA style planet that something is seriously wrong, now i know you have spent a fair bit of time on FOMA yourself, how often did you see everyone in the place all globalling? and not once, not twice, but pretty much constantly, everyone surround by claims in the way i was in the screenshot, and to remind you, FOMA is a place with a 1 in 20 chance of hitting a claim, this is not some marginal difference, this is so obviously exploiting that a blind, dumb, and deaf person could recognise it as exploiting bugs.
when i saw alan in game hunting i congratulated him on that nice loot and was happy for him, when i saw, from calypso last night, that mining was obviously bugged on monria i could of grabbed amps from auction and flown over and joined in, but i didnt. i didnt, because i know people like you have deposited considerable amounts of hard earned money, and if i were to win i want to win fairly, and not by cheating or exploiting.
so i regulated myself, and i do think it is in our best interest to also regulate ourselves, out of pride in who we are for one thing, but also out of respect to the other players in the game.
this does not absolve MA in any way for their unbelievable incompetence, something i think i am known for pointing out on a regular basis when necessary, but i just dont believe their incompetence excuses behaviour such as we have seen on monria.

If i'm out mining, and getting hof's i'm amping up...and if I hof more so be it. It's not the players job to police MA's broken bugged system. If MA can't control their own system...fuck em. I'm long past giving a rats ass about "poor MA"...

Some of the biggest exploiters in the past are now fawned over for their "uberbness", so kindly give us a break with your moral platitues "father"...lol

i can assure you that you wont see me fawning over them, and if you have seen any of my other posts on any number of subjects i think it is pretty plain for all to see that i take MA to task at least as harshly as i have these exploiters "son" .

MindArk has to get their act together with these bugs and take it far more seriously with how everything is tied to real dollars. With this still ongoing, they should take moonria offline and send it back to beta testing. The fact that they a) have not put proper measures in place to make sure they are not paying out more than they are taking in and b) have not taken the area offline until they are sure these issues are fixed gives players the false impression that everything is OK and play as normal.

No one is to blame other than MindArk. In the IT world there is an adage that says "if the user can do it, they will". The response to ban, lock players for playing as normal is insanity. We are all falling all over ourselves because players are getting a lot of loot.. putting the blame more on the players than MindArk, where it needs to be because after a decade, they still haven't learned.

If you leave the backdoor open to a truck full of food and water supplies and have no guards in place to protect the supply/loot and make sure it is distributed appropriately, don't be shocked when a few people take it all. In this instance, some people may have thought it was free for all or first come, first serve. Rough analogy, but illustrates my point.

It is also hard to take this thread or this poll seriously with all three answers having a major bias to it. Also telling someone to go fuck themselves does nothing to your help your argument. Stay classy.

I'm just glad I was at real job today for 10 hours and not on EU supporting all those cheaters..If there was a bug on the new Monria and it was abused then those people are cheaters..simple as that

damn i'd go the opposite, if u find that you cannot hof / global above 100 peds consecutively for a few in hunting, i should file for inconsistency, -.-"

I think Arch is right, if it just looks weird to you, like someone gets 3 mining globals/hofs in a row planetside, just report it. There's no harm in reporting it. Yes it's unlikely to be a bug, but at least it will be investigated, and if MA finds that there was something wrong in the formula/equation then they can act appropriately, but if MA finds that it was pure luck and within the system's dynamic nature, then they will ignore the report.

In the end, it's only MA who can technically discover whether something is bugged or within the rare possibilities. So just report so they can determine.

@Loren - thanks for the -rep on a completely unrelated thread.

{removed}

Stay classy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude I totally feel that way. IMO MA doesn't give a rats ass about us as customers. Now that I think about it again, weather they felt it was wrong or not, they players were still just taking part in a normal game activity. They were dropping probes.

It reminds me of when Marcimex got trapped in that big door in the instance. I still feel like it's MA's fault. DUH you made a door too small for the mobs to fit though. Takes 5 minutes to test it out to figure that out. There are differences between bugs and being ignorant.

I think Arch is right, if it just looks weird to you, like someone gets 3 mining globals/hofs in a row planetside, just report it. There's no harm in reporting it. Yes it's unlikely to be a bug, but at least it will be investigated, and if MA finds that there was something wrong in the formula/equation then they can act appropriately, but if MA finds that it was pure luck and within the system's dynamic nature, then they will ignore the report.

In the end, it's only MA who can technically discover whether something is bugged or within the rare possibilities. So just report so they can determine.

well said. report, keep playin.

Oh FFS! They knew there was a problem... they shut down servers and locked accounts... they investigated.... they turned servers back on and unlocked accounts. Evidently the statement has been made! So quit your bitching and play the game already! They could have either left Monria closed, or continued locking accounts.... They investigated and CHOSE to do neither... if ya don't like what happens next then sell out and go somewhere else...

Just because the players may think it's a problem doesn't mean it actually IS.

Menace

No vote. This is more difficult.

I didn't vote, due to the fact this is more difficult than just "let them cheat" (hint: they are not), or "ban them!" (for what, they are just using the provided system!).

The basic fact of the matter is that MA claims EU is provided as-is.

Nothing else should have to be stated! MA have given themselves enough rope, and is seemingly intent on hanging themselves with it too.

If it is provided as-is, that is for all involved, MA included!

If ANY entity should be strung up by the balls for their repeated (<- verifiable fact!) scams, it's bloody Mindark itself!

I didn't vote, due to the fact this is more difficult than just "let them cheat" (hint: they are not), or "ban them!" (for what, they are just using the provided system!).
I didn't vote because the wording of the poll is crap. If you're going to post a poll, the options need to be worded in an unbiased fashion. The ones in this poll are not.

I didn't vote because the wording of the poll is crap. If you're going to post a poll, the options need to be worded in an unbiased fashion. The ones in this poll are not.
True. The "options" are also severely biased, either making you a muslim taliban, or a right-wing-Mindarker. Well, something like that at least.

The poll is anyway moot, as Mindark according to its own written "laws" are acting "illegaly". The system IS provided "as-is". That is the one and only singular fact that matters. If MA punishes people for using it, they are by definition telling all customers to "piss off, we don't want you!".

Now let the IRL law-suits begin. :)

Just ban 'em all and be done with it...

Those that know who exploited the bug should be kicked out of the game altogether, fucking scumbags.

Just ban 'em all and be done with it...

Those that know who exploited the bug should be kicked out of the game altogether, fucking scumbags.
As Mindark themselves are the only verifiable (!) by outside observers entity having done this, and repeatedly, do you think we should kick them away frrom EU, the "fucking scumbags" (quoting your words) they are?

(I'm not opposed to the idea - current crew are clearly missing competence to run EU reliably - but what would replace them? EA? Blizzard? Valve? Benny Hill?)

As Mindark themselves are the only verifiable (!) by outside observers entity having done this, and repeatedly, do you think we should kick them away frrom EU, the "fucking scumbags" (quoting your words) they are?

(I'm not opposed to the idea - current crew are clearly missing competence to run EU reliably - but what would replace them? EA? Blizzard? Valve? Benny Hill?)

Anybody knowingly exploiting "the system" should be banished forever, couldn't give a fuck how big or small the exploit is...Zero tolerance! Fuck 'em!

Oh! And Benny Hill would be a fantastic replacement! :)

i second that:wise:

I don't think the "as-is" argument really flies when they specifically spell out not to exploit bugs. I have been playing this game for 4 days and been mining for 3 (not even 500 probes dropped in my mining career). Even I know getting claims like that is a bug when it is made pretty clear not to expect more than 90% TT return on anything you do in this game. If I know this after 4 days of playing I can't really believe people are being honest about being ignorant on how claims work. Then again common sense is not consistent with everyone.

I swear this game is filled with Ferengi (Star Trek Character whose sole purpose in life is to make profit at all costs). :D

On this occasion they are stealing money. . It should be delt with real life consequences. Not just a life time ban from the game.

Missing vote option

Cheers, i think you in an objective way should have had the option: ", No people should not be held responsible for MA fu*k-ups."

In my opinion: What is the difference with NRF-mining round in comparison with this? It is dynamic, we have heard thousand times from support, and people do not have the knowledge or insight to determine if this is really a bug. We have also all of us complaining about loot and bad rounds that they can not reveal anything about the in-world settings nor the loot disposition... :wise:

On this occasion they are stealing money. . It should be delt with real life consequences. Not just a life time ban from the game.

It was unusual
Yes

But

I don't think the "as-is" argument
For all they knew MA could be making it on purpose

to promote the launch of the new Moon

Even I know getting claims like that is a bug when it is made pretty clear not to expect more than 90% TT return on anything you do in this game.
(as far as I know there is no official manual on how loot works in EU)

Also remember the opposite situation seems much more common
but it is much hard to prove that when loot is horrible maybe that is "unintended" by MA
there is even one known expression for that:

You got Husked

(that was an obvious example of unnintended bad loot)

Last edited:

True. The "options" are also severely biased, either making you a muslim taliban, or a right-wing-Mindarker. Well, something like that at least.

The poll is anyway moot, as Mindark according to its own written "laws" are acting "illegaly". The system IS provided "as-is". That is the one and only singular fact that matters. If MA punishes people for using it, they are by definition telling all customers to "piss off, we don't want you!".

Now let the IRL law-suits begin. :)

oh please, severely biased? i even put the option i did not agree with first, im sorry i missed out the option for the wilfully blind and the boyfriends and girlfriends of max uberhoffer who seem to be fine with people abusing obvious bugs that will cost them.
by not punishing people MA is telling all customers who are not cheats to piss of we dont want you

Oh FFS! They knew there was a problem... they shut down servers and locked accounts... they investigated.... they turned servers back on and unlocked accounts. Evidently the statement has been made! So quit your bitching and play the game already! They could have either left Monria closed, or continued locking accounts.... They investigated and CHOSE to do neither... if ya don't like what happens next then sell out and go somewhere else...

Just because the players may think it's a problem doesn't mean it actually IS.

Menace

a great, we have mr exploiter himself telling people that if they dont like cheaters they should just sell out if they dont like people profiting by abusing bugs, what a surprise, and some nerve you have after recently being locked yourself for exploiting.

i think this is MAs fault but how would u know if the game was bugged or it was ur turn to shine if u keep on hoffing like crazy... but this explains my 50+ lvl7 amps without a single profit run and only 2 globals

Back