Chipping Optimizer Tool

A total newbie with 1 in all skills and attributes can reach 200 HP and max out any handgun (Hit & Dmg) if he just has ~475 000 PEDs. :cool:

(bump this kewl thread)

Edit:

To calculate this I first did 200 HP, then I added the new skills to Hit and then to Dmg after that.

It would be very cool if you could set up several goals and get the optimal way to reach all of them. (Just like I did, just in three manual steps.) :)

hehe, i did the same but i started with (hit), then copied the target skills, and went to (dmg), copied again, and finally (HP): total ~450k.

hmmm, a multi-target optimizator... sounds cool... don't hold your breath, thou ;)

@ Ido: I'll include the rest of professions pretty soon (up to the extent they're solved in jimmy's thread)

hi,
i've added a bunch of new professions to the calculator (mostly craft and beauty), and also the recommended chipping now shows the % markup from peauction and the expected cost of each individual chip.

cheers,
/jdegre.

ps.: on the negative side, the hosting provider seems to be experiencing ups and downs today, so just be patient and wait until the site is back to normal again.

HP should also take into account other melee weapon skills such as club etc.

HP should also take into account other melee weapon skills such as club etc.

according to the sources pointed out earlier, it seems that only "melee combat" skill gives HP, not any other of the melee weapons-related skills.

could be me but it seems that i canot reach that page

At the moment, it does seem to be down, for me too.

Pity.

Also.

Some/most skills effect more than one profession.

So, with this in mind, how about one extra page, where you enter all your skills, each and every one, and a "save" button to store the skills on the your pc, as a simple *.txt doc.

Then you pick the profession you wish to improve, and the desired level you wish to reach.
Then the resulting page not only shows you how much it will cost to get there, but also shows what side effects this will have, if done, on other professions.

Dodge & evade, for example, effect each other.

SO if i wanted to get to X in dodge, the result would tell me that as a side effect of this I gained one level evade at the same time.

"You must spread more rep etc"

Some/most skills effect more than one profession.

So, with this in mind, how about one extra page, where you enter all your skills, each and every one, and a "save" button to store the skills on the your pc, as a simple *.txt doc.

Then you pick the profession you wish to improve, and the desired level you wish to reach.
Then the resulting page not only shows you how much it will cost to get there, but also shows what side effects this will have, if done, on other professions.

Dodge & evade, for example, effect each other.

SO if i wanted to get to X in dodge, the result would tell me that as a side effect of this I gained one level evade at the same time.

Hi Dorsai,
If I understood correctly, your suggestion regarding some skills affecting multiple professions can be done at the moment simply by entering the skill levels recommended by the tool into the skill input boxes again. The skill table in the tool is unique, so whatever you change in one profession is automatically transferred to the other professions. If you calculate a target for evader, for instance, and you type the recommended target skill levels back into the skill boxes, then you can see the effect in dodger, simply by selecting the dodger profession.

The issue of storing the skills, I'd recommend to do it at pe-wiki. However, I've received feedback from some people regarding the inconvenience of having to "expose" their skills for everybody to see. So, if this becomes an issue, I'll think on a solution, but for the moment, I'd suggest to use pe-wiki.

Cheers,
/jdegre.

PS.: The site seems to be back online again. There must have been a total outage of the hosting provider, because I could not even reach their home page during some hours. Let's hope it won't happen again.

Just want to say great tool :yay:

Keep up the good work an a + rep for you :wtg:

according to the sources pointed out earlier, it seems that only "melee combat" skill gives HP, not any other of the melee weapons-related skills.

WoW! I do believe you. Wiki says the same.
It does surprise me though.

What are the other sources?

How do melee practictioners get so many HP?

WoW! I do believe you. Wiki says the same.
It does surprise me though.

What are the other sources?

How do melee practictioners get so many HP?

most ranged users have more, but why it seems like melee have more? well, they always fight close up to the mob, making them get more general and evade skill gains, which results in more hp.

Strength also gives HP.

As a melee fighter you are also more in direct contact with the mobs which means more agility and general skill gains compared to someone who kills with a ranged weapon due to gaining these in defense. This results in melee fighters often having a bit more HP compared to a comparable prostanding of a person using ranged combat. Melee combat gives 1 HP every 500 or so while handgun and rifle every 1000 or so. But my guess the difference in general skills would have the most impact.

But as most high damage eco weapons are ranged weapons and not melee weapons most people eventually go for these. Skilling in all area's would even be better i think to get most HPs in a fast way. (other way is chipping)

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Is it certain that uncommon melee weapon skills, such as Clubs, Powerfist etc add absolutely nothing to HP?

Yes all skills that give HP are well know.

You can test it yourself easily.

If you have full HP and you get a skill gain. FAP if it heals then the skill gives HP every xxx levels. If not then it does not give HP.

Every time you get a skill gain of a skill that gives HP you get a tiny fraction of HP. So if the skill screen show you have 100 it could happen that you are hit for 100.5 and still live due that you have 100.6 HP in reality.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

Great tool, great work.... +rep! I'd do it 2 times or more, but i can't :)

Hi,
I've updated the tool. Not many changes, but here is the list of what I have included today:

- The skill function now gives more accurate results up to 16k level. I have upped the cap limit to 16k, so now it is more useful for uber high skilled avatars.

- I have included a "Cost Limit" option. Now you can do queries such as "I have 5k ped to chip, tell me how much HPs I can gain with this budget, and what should I chip". Normally, you should enter either a target level, or a cost limit, but you can also enter both; in this case, the tool stops when either one of the conditions is met. If the target pro-standing is impossible to reach within the specified cost limit, then the reached level when the cost limit condition was met, is shown in red.

- I have included a "Show All Skills" kind-of profession. It shows your total skill level, and you can do queries setting a target or a cost limit, as with any other profession. It tells me, for instance, that I'm currently at 71k total skills, and it will cost me only 4.4k ped to reach 100k skills. You can use it, for instance, if the soc that you dream with joining has a certain total skill requirement :)

And some minor "cosmetic" changes:
- A hint is displayed for each profession indicating the most significative levels you might need (typically, the skill levels for each unlock)
- You can hide/show the instructions to gain some more space in the upper part of the window
- The overall result of the tool now shows the real target reached and the total cost; both values can be slightly higher than the values entered by the user, due to the way the algorithm works. The iteration process stops _after_ the limits are reached, not before.

So, that's it for now. Enjoy.

/jdegre.

nice! =)

and it works better in opera than the previous version.

now this is what I call VU!!! :thumbup:

J.

really cool!
now, one thing that i'd like to see, if possible, would be the option to select an unlock, or a target level, and not just fill in 1 type of skill-option.

for example, i want to unlock commando, and i am an lvl 65 blp sniper.
but, i also have lvl 60 laser pistoleer. it might just happen to be cheaper for me to chip up the laser pistoleer profession then the blp sniper profession (ofc. its just an example) or maybe im lvl 8 equipment manufacturer and lvl 7 attachment manufacturer and it might be cheaper to unlock bpc by chipping attachment instead of equipment...

if you can pull that off, that would be awesome.

Hi Dorsai,
If I understood correctly, your suggestion regarding some skills affecting multiple professions can be done at the moment simply by entering the skill levels recommended by the tool into the skill input boxes again.

I realise this. ;)

What I meant was that when I go to see how much it will cost me to go from level 5 to level 10 in dodge, i get some figures, as shown below.

It would be nice if i also got list of professions effected, telling me that if I actually did it, i will, at the same time:
A: Go from 9.1 evade to 11.5 (Athletics effects both skills)
B: gain 2 HP (Athletics effects HP, as does Combat reflexes)
C: etc.

Rather than have to type in all the increased skills into all the effected professions.

Combat reflexes, for example, effects 16 professions to a lesser or greater degree, as it would be rather tedious to have to then pick all 16, to see what happens, when the PC can automate the task.

This of course assumes that I have loaded all my skills in from the wiki. :)

I realise this. ;)

What I meant was that when I go to see how much it will cost me to go from level 5 to level 10 in dodge, i get some figures, as shown below.

It would be nice if i also got list of professions effected, telling me that if I actually did it, i will, at the same time:
A: Go from 9.1 evade to 11.5 (Athletics effects both skills)
B: gain 2 HP (Athletics effects HP, as does Combat reflexes)
C: etc.

Rather than have to type in all the increased skills into all the effected professions.

Combat reflexes, for example, effects 16 professions to a lesser or greater degree, as it would be rather tedious to have to then pick all 16, to see what happens, when the PC can automate the task.

This of course assumes that I have loaded all my skills in from the wiki. :)

Ah, now I get what you mean. You want to see the effect of your chipping in ALL professions...
Point taken... probably will make it to the next release, together with the "multi-target optimizer" suggested earlier in the thread, since both features are more or less related.

/jdegre.

added all 4 scanning professions (animal/human/mutant/robot investigator). the %'s influence are mostly known, except maybe a minor adjustment +-1% in some of them, and also the unlockables (xenobiology and scientist) are missing.

if anybody has a high level in any of the main scan skills (animal/human/mutant/robot), please contribute to fine-tune the %'s.

/jdegre.

added all 4 scanning professions (animal/human/mutant/robot investigator). the %'s influence are mostly known, except maybe a minor adjustment +-1% in some of them, and also the unlockables (xenobiology and scientist) are missing.

if anybody has a high level in any of the main scan skills (animal/human/mutant/robot), please contribute to fine-tune the %'s.

/jdegre.

I *think* the percentages are right now jdegre, although it'd be nice to solve for the unlockables if anyone has them...

I *think* the percentages are right now jdegre, although it'd be nice to solve for the unlockables if anyone has them...

I thought so too, but after checking with a data set from a very high skilled ava, some of the pro-standings were slightly off. for instance, mutant investigator fits better with scan mutant set at 49% than at 50%, and when I checked your thread I saw that this value was not derived from chipping, but inferred from other data sets, so that's why it made me wonder...

animal investigator is also slightly off, but I don't have a better suggestion for any of the %'s.

anyway, very very minor details, imo...

cheers,
/jdegre.

I thought so too, but after checking with a data set from a very high skilled ava, some of the pro-standings were slightly off. for instance, mutant investigator fits better with scan mutant set at 49% than at 50%, and when I checked your thread I saw that this value was not derived from chipping, but inferred from other data sets, so that's why it made me wonder...

animal investigator is also slightly off, but I don't have a better suggestion for any of the %'s.

Hmmm, OK - I'll take a look at my data again at some point. Mutant Investigator wasn't done quite as thoroughly as some of the others due to lack of good data but I'm a bit surprised Animal Investigator isn't right...

Big thanks to Jdegre, and JimmyB for providing such accurate %'s. I tested the system against my skills, and it was exactly right; I hit 19 animal investigator and your system went from 1899 to 1900.

Great work! :)

Big thanks to Jdegre, and JimmyB for providing such accurate %'s. I tested the system against my skills, and it was exactly right; I hit 19 animal investigator and your system went from 1899 to 1900.

Great work! :)

Cheers Stryker :)

I'll check the numbers I've got for Mutant Investigator later, could well be a 1% out like jdegre said.

Animal Investigator I'm pretty confident of, especially given Stryker's info too - could there be an unlockable we didn't think about causing the discrepancy you found jedgre?

Cheers Stryker :)

I'll check the numbers I've got for Mutant Investigator later, could well be a 1% out like jdegre said.

Animal Investigator I'm pretty confident of, especially given Stryker's info too - could there be an unlockable we didn't think about causing the discrepancy you found jedgre?

hmmm, i don't know... i'll double check the animal investigator data. in the data set i got, there were no unlockables; i found it to be only slightly off, but i couldn't find a better fit. i think we can leave as it is, so far.

wrt mutant inv., if 49% for scan mutant fits your data, we could agree on that (i already changed it in the tool) until we have more precise data sets.

/jdegre.

wrt mutant inv., if 49% for scan mutant fits your data, we could agree on that (i already changed it in the tool) until we have more precise data sets.

/jdegre.

Both 49% and 50% appear to fit my limited data - I've changed it to 49% in the skills thread :)

i got confirmation that the original pro-standing level i received for animal investigator, was not 100% correct. this explains the different results obtained, and we can be confident that the current %'s are ok.

now, this made me doubt again about mutant investigator, so still some uncertainty exists regarding the 49% vs. 50%; in general, 50% looks nicer due to its round-ness, but animal inv. has a 46% in the scan weight, so it really does not imply anything.

sorry for the added confusion, jimmy.

Back