Chipping Optimizer Tool

Has it been established that the base HP changed for the new avatars? I've been playing with my script that pulls down avatar skills from wiki and found a different base 88.43 (old) vs. 87.95 (new) on a set of 43 avatar data (where all were +-2 hp from predicted values), but there are still large deviations and it's impossible to know if the skill set is complete and correct.

If i sort the avatars by total HP, there's no clear trend to the amount of deviation -- it's all over the place.

Has it been established that the base HP changed for the new avatars? I've been playing with my script that pulls down avatar skills from wiki and found a different base 88.43 (old) vs. 87.95 (new) on a set of 43 avatar data (where all were +-2 hp from predicted values), but there are still large deviations and it's impossible to know if the skill set is complete and correct.

If i sort the avatars by total HP, there's no clear trend to the amount of deviation -- it's all over the place.

Did you take into consideration that Stamina might give health as well?

Can't find the post, but someone filed a support case because his stamina was 1 on his "pre-nerf" avatar.
MA changed it to 9 and health increased.
(unfortunately that was before we had the detailed health)

that's another factor to consider: we don't know if MA computes HP with a single formula for all avatars, or if they do it depending on the avatars "generation".

attribute weight and base HP could be different for different avatar generations.

that would explain a very big deviation for old avatars with huge attribute levels.

well, finally the long-awaited solution to the HP mystery has been solved :yay:

thanks to the outstanding work of the guys in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/110626-impact-health-chipping-skills.html (wizzszz, jimmyB, doer...), the HP calculation has been nailed down.

i've updated the chipping optimizer to reflect the new %'s (only the attributes were off), so now it should be much more accurate than before (with the same drawback of handling integer numbers only).

I can confirm the chipping optimiser gives accuracy to 0.01 (totally accounted by integer only input) for all basic unlocks melee/mining/psycho/ranged before combat sense :yay:

Configming Immortal's confirmation:

Actual health - 128.07
Generated health - 128.06

0.01 accuracy - sweeet!

TY,
Rus

Skill Scanner update???

Hi jdegre,

When can we expect an updated skill scanner to work with latest VU? If you have posted this info somewhere, and I missed, sorry, part blind from staring at auction pages too long.... Love your Chipping site, btw, it saves tons of time for manual calcs.

Cheers,

Savya

Hi jdegre,

When can we expect an updated skill scanner to work with latest VU? If you have posted this info somewhere, and I missed, sorry, part blind from staring at auction pages too long.... Love your Chipping site, btw, it saves tons of time for manual calcs.

Cheers,

Savya

check the other sticky about the skill scanner itself.
it is progressing quite well, probably i'll post a beta around next week.

Hi Jdegre,

First of all thanks for the time and effort you've put in to the chipping tool and skill scanner - been using them both to work out skills etc on the Mrs avi.

Posting here because i think there might be a bug in the way the chipping tool deals with having skill points in skills that have become relocked.

Her avi has a dmg prof lvl of 15.1 but the tool shows it as 17.5, it seems to be counting her 1.7k of RDA despite it not being available until lvl 18.

More info on how this seems to have come about can be found at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/117427-unlocking-re-locked-skill-2.html

Thanks
TJ

Hi Jdegre,

First of all thanks for the time and effort you've put in to the chipping tool and skill scanner - been using them both to work out skills etc on the Mrs avi.

Posting here because i think there might be a bug in the way the chipping tool deals with having skill points in skills that have become relocked.

Her avi has a dmg prof lvl of 15.1 but the tool shows it as 17.5, it seems to be counting her 1.7k of RDA despite it not being available until lvl 18.

More info on how this seems to have come about can be found at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/skills/117427-unlocking-re-locked-skill-2.html

Thanks
TJ

hi TJ,

i'm not sure if we can say that this is a bug. the chipping optimizer does not implement the notion of "red" (re-locked) skills, on purpose.

so, if you enter the red value into the tool, then it is accounted for your professional standing. therefore, if you have re-locked skills, you should enter 0 (or leave blank) those skill values in the tool.

ideally, the tool could have the knowledge of what sills unlock at what level, and automatically exclude re-locked values, but this is something that is not currently implemented. the unlock level for skills is an input provided by the user of the tool, when you enter a target level.

cheers,
/jdegre.

Hi Jdegre,

First of all thanks for the great Tools bouth The Chipping Optimizer Tool

and Skill Scanner.

Second + rep ofcause.

Third, writing a PM asking how to make contact and give a small donation.

jdegre, it seems one or more of you advertisements is installing malware. Could you please shut that off and investigate? Otherwise I can't use your site...

a nice use of of this chipping tool teach me by the owner;
: u have x amount of skills in....evade for example, let me say 2000 skill points
u got a 30 ped evade implant
how much will be your evade skill points??????????
well u must:
- select "show all skills" in the professions list
- enter 2000 in any of the skills
- now, enter 2500 as target (for example), and click go!

if you have as input the size of chip (30 peds) and want to find out the final level, you'd need to do it with trial and error, changing the target level until to get the chip size you want.

i dunno if this can help u, but this helped me a lot. actually this is one of the best tools around
still thx

jdegre, it seems one or more of you advertisements is installing malware. Could you please shut that off and investigate? Otherwise I can't use your site...

whaaattttt???? :eek::eek::eek:

i'll turn it off asap, but i'd like to know what is causing this malware to appear, and report to the ad broker (chitika.com) so they can delete the specific ad source.

thanks for reporting btw !!

whaaattttt???? :eek::eek::eek:

i'll turn it off asap, but i'd like to know what is causing this malware to appear, and report to the ad broker (chitika.com) so they can delete the specific ad source.

thanks for reporting btw !!

I would like to tell you, but I'm afraid to go back to your website until I know it is turned off. :eek: I'm not sure how it happened, but I know the exact moment I went to your site there was some serious lag loading the page and some kind of install window popped up. And then I had popups all over the place and had to download a malware program to get rid of the thing.

I would like to tell you, but I'm afraid to go back to your website until I know it is turned off. :eek: I'm not sure how it happened, but I know the exact moment I went to your site there was some serious lag loading the page and some kind of install window popped up. And then I had popups all over the place and had to download a malware program to get rid of the thing.

removed!

it's gonna be almost impossible to investigate the issue by myself, thou, because most probably this ad is region-specific and will only appear at your location. i've never seen myself any harmful ad displayed at my location.

Request

We've spoken before of some form of added intelligence, which would aid in choosing the best/cheapest/quickest way to chip to a certain goal.
Example: I want to chip to 250 HP (hypothetical). I do not yet have Commando unlocked, so if I just use my current skills as a starting point, it would cost me over 400k ped.
If I unlock Commando first, it will cost me about 230k. Unlocking Commando would cost about 35k.

So short of implementing such fuzzy logic, would it be possible to build into the site a function that would transport values to a next page? So I could 'remember' the values that were calculated for unlocking Commando, and use these as a base for reaching 250 HP?

What say?

We've spoken before of some form of added intelligence, which would aid in choosing the best/cheapest/quickest way to chip to a certain goal.
Example: I want to chip to 250 HP (hypothetical). I do not yet have Commando unlocked, so if I just use my current skills as a starting point, it would cost me over 400k ped.
If I unlock Commando first, it will cost me about 230k. Unlocking Commando would cost about 35k.

So short of implementing such fuzzy logic, would it be possible to build into the site a function that would transport values to a next page? So I could 'remember' the values that were calculated for unlocking Commando, and use these as a base for reaching 250 HP?

What say?

I think it would be a simple but useful addition, and it is something i've been missing myself sometimes (after copying by hand the recommended chipping levels to the input boxes), to calculate further chipping.

I'm working on adding several other functions to the site, so i'll try to include this for the next release.

You need to review the skill breakdown for the Tailor profession, the chipping optimizer calculates about 0.08 levels more than i actually have.

My tailoring consist mostly of engineering, computer and dexterity, so i guess one (or more) of those has less impact than assumed.

Skills are freshly uploaded on entropedia, screenie of the pro standings was broken, i'll post a new set when needed - currently, my pro standing is somewhere around 7 pixels below lvl 10.

cool tool..................................

Last edited:
It doesnt work.

How can I chipin to lvl 40 laser pistol Hit to unlock coolness

I'm at lvl 34 now

anyone help me
Just calculated it for you. If you chip in about 160 ped tt HG and 25 ped tt Weapons Handling, you will have reached level 40 Laser Pistoleer. And unlock Coolness.

hi,
i'm glad to annonunce a couple of new features in the chipping optimizer.

the first one is a cool feature for chipping addicts, and i hope you all will find it useful. when you use the chipping optimizer, after calculating how to chip towards a certain pro standing, you get a recommendation of which chips to buy, and what size, right?. well, usually the next question is "ok, how do i find all those chips?"...

you can browse the auction, but typically the prices are quite inflated there, or you can go visit shop after shop trying to see if they have the chips you want at a good price.

well, now you can let the chipping optimizer tell you if the chips you need are in stock in the "Twin Peaks Mall Skill Shop" (Floor 2, Shop #10).

if one or more of the recommended chips happen to be in stock in the shop at that time, you will see something like this:

then, if you hover the mouser over the "In Stock" icon, you get a tooltip with exactly the chips of that type you will find there, and each size:

you can also check the full chip stock listing:

the stock information is updated live, so you can always be sure if the chip is in the shop or not. i hope people find it useful, and i'd appreciate any further feedback on this feature.

there is another small feature i have added, from countless requests i've got from users of the tool. it's a simple calculator so you can:
- calculate your final skill points after inserting a chip of a certain size
- calculate your final skill points after transferring all the skill points from another avatar who just chipped out

enjoy,
/jdegre.

Sorry for bringing bad news but, since today I tried to access the Chipping Optimizer site, and it gives me a 404 error. Domain expired? Server choked? :scratch2:

Sorry for bringing bad news but, since today I tried to access the Chipping Optimizer site, and it gives me a 404 error. Domain expired? Server choked? :scratch2:

domain name expired.
everything is fully paid up, of course, by my hosting provider is one of the most incompetent ones out there...
sorry about that. hopefully it will be solved soon.

domain name expired.
everything is fully paid up, of course, by my hosting provider is one of the most incompetent ones out there...
sorry about that. hopefully it will be solved soon.

I'm also experiencing the same issues (cant access) don't you have any backup name for it? like fsdl.sd001.yberisp.com or whatnot? :)

And Skill scanner don't work either ... cause it can't connect to the server :(

And i have a project going on! :hammer:

And Skill scanner don't work either ... cause it can't connect to the server :(

And i have a project going on! :hammer:

just save your screenshots in BMP format, and scan them later when the site is back online again.

just save your screenshots in BMP format, and scan them later when the site is back online again.

ok :)

Ty for the tip , and hope server is back soon ...

BTW any news about the V0.20

You know the PM i've send you about comparing .CSV files ;)

ok :)

Ty for the tip , and hope server is back soon ...

BTW any news about the V0.20

You know the PM i've send you about comparing .CSV files ;)

the site is back online again :)

version 0.20 won't include that feature. it will have only minor corrections in the OCR (and the "error" sound requested by wizzsszz :laugh:). in any case this belongs to the skill scanner thread...

Back