CLD smart investment at this time?

graceland

Mature
Society
(watchdog) risk takers
Verspachy Graceland Madullier
Hi fellow EUers,

Is a Calypso Land Deed(CLD) a smart investment at this time? I'm thinking about to invest 1000 EUR in to the game for the CLD's to support my trading.

Ehm wouldn't it be smarter to use those 1000 euro with trading? I'm sure a trader can make more profit then the income you get from a cld.

Hi fellow EUers,

Is a Calypso Land Deed(CLD) a smart investment at this time? I'm thinking about to invest 1000 EUR in to the game for the CLD's to support my trading.

One thing to be aware of is that all the "first hand" CLDs are sold out; if you want CLDs at this stage it means buying from someone who is selling and paying the asked price, rather than buy straight from MA at 1000 ped/each.

depends on if you want to be a long term holder or a short term. If short term, no, not a good deal. If you plan on holding on to the cld for 20+ years, sure, it's a great way to go, assuming Entropia Universe and Calypso still exists by then - if they don't, might not be the best way to go.

I would say wait a bit, everthing has been falling in price for some time now and I don't know if CLD are the exception. Also the playerbase seems to get smaller (seems, I have no data but my FL).

We could be at the botton of the curve, but who knows :S If you are good at trading use the peds for trading and don't risk so many peds on a single thing.

I would say wait a bit, everthing has been falling in price for some time now and I don't know if CLD are the exception. Also the playerbase seems to get smaller (seems, I have no data but my FL).

We could be at the botton of the curve, but who knows :S If you are good at trading use the peds for trading and don't risk so many peds on a single thing.

I think that if we look at the auction data at my2pecs and entropiabay. That statement is actually true.

After some more deliberate thinking, i think it's smarter to keep the 1000 in my own pocket and deposit 200 euro. and use the 200 euro to increase PED value.

It depends how much u get each day/week/month. How much it is atm btw?

It depends how much u get each day/week/month. How much it is atm btw?
If you mean the RoI on CLD's, i have no idea about this week's, if it's about my trading, it depends. This is my third week of play, i have yet to deposit but i already have 150 PED now, build-ed up from 2 PED acquired trough sweating.

The trading i do is all on the good ol planet of calypso:)

Last edited:
One could also claim that trading cld's would be a viable solution. Since they have been increasing in value for a long while now (and may/may not continue to do so). If they actually drop in value the payout is still there to serve as a buffer for any loss.

/Sbi

Currently estimate 3-5 PEDs/week per CLD.
CPLDs are sold in Twin between 1250 (yesterday) and 1308 (yesterday) on the street.

Trading should make faster PEDs but you Need to invest time.
If you calc time vs real life income, then trading is not very effective... so I really hope, you treat this as a game :).

If by "this time" we mean this time of the year, then I'm not sure that the price won't decrease back to 1100-1150 in a month, when everyone come back from vacations and start freeing their peds. The current high MU I account exactly for the fact that the main mass of CLDs are stuck in the "vacation funds".

Buy !!!

I love the CLD debate, it’s pure economics;

Supply and Demand, Confidence, Expectation, Perceived Value, this list goes on.

If you believe you can sell a deed for more that you bought it (no matter what the price), then for the weeks you own that deed, you will benefit from any revenue income.
Every week you hold, is less risk to your initial investment.

What could potentially push deed prices higher?

High demand for CLD purchase
Future Land Grab, thus demand for more deeds.
Increase of weekly revenue payout
Large owners, continuing to buy with their revenue payouts, therefore lower availability
Autumn to spring tends to have more active participants generating more Calypso revenue.
Confidence that resale at purchase price can be achieved.

What could potentially drive prices down?

Low Demand for CLD purchase
Low Confidence in revenue generation
Falling game Revenue
Too many sellers of CLD’s
Negativity
Perceived over priced

What do I think?

Still a high demand for CLD’s purchase, continued interest from new investors.
Future land Grab when activated will at least short term drive prices higher due to expected demand for LG.
Political system when activated with intended voting rights, could potentially drive interest with CLD ownership.
Current Large owners likely to be still increasing personal stacks, thus reducing availability further (only 60,000 deeds)
Ownership of CLD’s perceived to be a better investment than other assets currently falling in price (UNL weapons, LA’s etc).
Prices likely to increase further.
MA probably cash rich after sale, company in better position than before sale.

What do I recommend?

BUY!!!! :lolup:

Rick

Qualification: the poster own CLD’s, I do not offer personal investment advice, CLD’s prices can go up as well as down, my post should not be taken or viewed as investment advice, indicated future incentives or implementation of future systems currently unknown and in development..are you really still reading, mines a cold beer!!.

I love the CLD debate, it’s pure economics;

Supply and Demand, Confidence, Expectation, Perceived Value, this list goes on.

If you believe you can sell a deed for more that you bought it (no matter what the price), then for the weeks you own that deed, you will benefit from any revenue income.
Every week you hold, is less risk to your initial investment.

Large owners, continuing to buy with their revenue payouts, therefore lower availability
Autumn to spring tends to have more active participants generating more Calypso revenue.

Falling game Revenue
Negativity
Perceived over priced

What do I think?

Future land Grab when activated will at least short term drive prices higher due to expected demand for LG.
Political system when activated with intended voting rights, could potentially drive interest with CLD ownership.
Current Large owners likely to be still increasing personal stacks, thus reducing availability further (only 60,000 deeds)
Ownership of CLD’s perceived to be a better investment than other assets currently falling in price (UNL weapons, LA’s etc).

What do I recommend?

BUY!!!! :lolup:

Rick

Qualification: the poster own CLD’s, I do not offer personal investment advice, CLD’s prices can go up as well as down, my post should not be taken or viewed as investment advice, indicated future incentives or implementation of future systems currently unknown and in development..are you really still reading, mines a cold beer!!.

Well-phrased post! It practically sums up everything that can be said about CLDs (both sides of it). Anyway, you need to know the risks and benefits involved and then from there, invest what you can risk. The potential profit is high because the stakes are high....just like in real life financial investments.....with higher risks, investors expect higher returns.

I belive in them... I wish, hope and belive in entropia and trust them with alot of money... Hope others do to its needed

Well, i want to thank all of you for the information!

Falling game Revenue
Negativity
Perceived over priced

Well taken all those point into account and some logic. I cant predict it any other way than where gonna have a real GOOD time, or a real BAD one. It's going to be in the extremes, but i don't know which one. This is due to the fact that all statements made in the list actually have good fundamentals. But if i look at the price trend in technical analysis, i get a indication that it's going to plummet.

So conclusion: It's a gamble with huge profits, or if fast enough slight loss

You can throw around the auction numbers as much as you want.

But don't forget who's selling:
Maxim Overdrive Hammer is currently selling 216 CLDs of the 230 CLDs currently listed on the Calypso auction.

And let's not forget who's buying:
Only CLD currently with bids, bidding has so far gone:
1 PED, 2 PED, 3 PED, 4 PED, 5 PED, 6 PED, 7 PED, 8 PED - various bidders
609 PED - Vladimir
610 PED - Karlos
1299 PED - Maxim Overdrive Hammer
1300 PED - Bruce
1301 PED - Maxim Overdrive Hammer

Real live example
20 CLD for sale
Start bid: 25721 PED (1286.05 PED each)
Buyout: 25921 PED (1296.05 PED each)
Seller: Maxim Overdrive Hammer

Conclusion
Maxim Overdrive Hammer has bought a shitload of CLDs. And he's very keen to keep the price high. He's bidding for more then he's selling them. But of course, it's perhaps better to buy one expensive item so the auction numbers don't start pointing downwards.

[tin-foil hat]Did anyone say market manipulation?[/tin-foil hat]
:lolup:

Last edited:
If you believe you can sell a deed for more that you bought it (no matter what the price),
Good suggestion. Only addition I'll make is if you find a nice priced item other than a CLD that you can buy in and think it won't be available for a while, buy now since markup in general across the board is still at farily low summer prices. Now that August is here and kids are getting in to college dorms, that will change in about a month.

Also, other thing that may eventually lowre price is availablity of deeds on other planets, but that likely won't happen for at least 5-15 years so not a big thing yet (unless rumors are true and Next Island is going bye bye and will turn in to the next big CLD fiasco like the one brought on by FPC/SDS because MA will have to hire a new dev team for that planet and have to come up with funds for it similar to the way they did with Calyspo via the cld sale)

You can throw around the auction numbers as much as you want.

But don't forget who's selling:
Maxim Overdrive Hammer is currently selling 216 CLDs of the 230 CLDs currently listed on the Calypso auction.

And let's not forget who's buying:
Only CLD currently with bids, bidding has so far gone:
1 PED, 2 PED, 3 PED, 4 PED, 5 PED, 6 PED, 7 PED, 8 PED - various bidders
609 PED - Vladimir
610 PED - Karlos
1299 PED - Maxim Overdrive Hammer
1300 PED - Bruce
1301 PED - Maxim Overdrive Hammer

Real live example
20 CLD for sale
Start bid: 25721 PED (1286.05 PED each)
Buyout: 25921 PED (1296.05 PED each)
Seller: Maxim Overdrive Hammer

Conclusion
Maxim Overdrive Hammer has bought a shitload of CLDs. And he's very keen to keep the price high. He's bidding for more then he's selling them. But of course, it's perhaps better to buy one expensive item so the auction numbers don't start pointing downwards.

[tin-foil hat]Did anyone say market manipulation?[/tin-foil hat]
:lolup:

I am also becoming suspicious of this guy's activities. He seem to be trying very hard to raise the price. But he can only push the price so far with the slowly lowering payouts. As he keeps forcing the price higher, the number of people interested in buying will get smaller. He will have to increase his efforts to maintain the price until he will have to give in to market pressure and let the price go lower.

If you mean the RoI on CLD's, i have no idea about this week's, if it's about my trading, it depends. This is my third week of play, i have yet to deposit but i already have 150 PED now, build-ed up from 2 PED acquired trough sweating.

The trading i do is all on the good ol planet of calypso:)

If that is the case i'd say forget about CLDs, you can do better trading. Forget about depositing at all ( though supporting the game with depos is never wrong, but you don't NEED to ).

Depends on how much you trade mate. If you can turnover 1000 euros quick enough to out-weigh the profits from land deeds, then just trade. If you're gonna be relaxing a bit more, buy land deeds. I bought a ton of 'em and have no regrets. I can play hardcore or I can take long breaks and I'm never broke and always making money.

Hi fellow EUers,

First I would make sure you're comfortable with losing the 1000 euros although my belief is that you won't. At present exchange rates you could probably stretch to 10 CLDs, As a rough estimate it looks like they will bring you in perhaps 50 ped average per week over the course of the year( perhaps fluctuating between 40-60 most weeks). There will also be some kind of land grab for CLD owners and with 10 you will be able to put a structure on it of some description and this may or may not add some market value to what you have.

Ask yourself as a trader what you could do with 50 ped a week income to trade and/or play with, you may find this will be enough to build up a nice trading business as well. If you can afford to lose the 1000 euros should this all turn sour then I'd say go for it just don't do it with your children's college fund :p

Ant

Last edited:
Back