Community bid for CP FPC as bidder

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Ok here's a solution which may work, for the betterment of the EU community, FPC/MA and the future of CP.

This would require the co-operation of FPC to handle the bids on behalf of the community.

The idea is to let everyone in the community to buy a share in CP. Anyone who wants to take part in the community bid would give their share of peds to an MA/FPC representative.

The MA/FPC representative would place bids on CP on behalf of the community. If the community total is not enough to win the auction, MA/FPC representative would return the exact amounts donated to their rightful owners.

Notes:
~ This should overcome scamming and give everyone a chance to particpate and it would truly be a good seasonal present to the community.

~ What if the community bid wins? how will it be managed? These questions would need to be resolved. I would suggest the larger contributors have a bigger say in it's running. If the community does win then it stands to logic the running ought to reflect the community wishes.

~ It's at difficult times like these that the community can come together and this I believe would be of benefit to the whole community and the platform. It would also set a new record in terms of human co-operation...

~ Where there is a will, there is a way! It is time we came together to secure our future...

And then FPC would need some sort of management fee?

And then FPC would need some sort of management fee?

There are issues.

For this to work it firstly requires a will from the community and from FPC/MA. If the will for it to work is there solutions to problems can be reached at. Without a strong will from both sides it will not work.

nice idea, but i guess MA and FPC will not care about, did u sent a PM to MArco????

nice idea, but i guess MA and FPC will not care about, did u sent a PM to MArco????

Not yet. I'll see how people respond first. If people respond positively then I'll send a PM (chances are FPC/MA will see this anyway if the community respond favourably) best not to assume anything let's see what people think.

Not yet. I'll see how people respond first. If people respond positively then I'll send a PM (chances are FPC/MA will see this anyway if the community respond favourably) best not to assume anything let's see what people think.

I see this as being the best idea yet (in the aspect of a shared ownership of CP). But yes, there would be those problems which would have to be sorted out...

I like your idea though :wtg:

I would say just run it where share ownership dictates how much of a say you get in matters, and give MA .1% (I think this would be a nice amount for the man power they would have to put in) of the taxes for helping us out. In order to make things easier shares should cost 1k peds each, and we could even make a EF section for CP owners only, where we could use weekly polls to decide taxs, funds spent on fertilizer, etc. (someone would need to hand calc everything, due to people owning different share amounts).

Also I would be interested in doing this, just don't expect more then a couple k peds from me. A good goal would probably be 1 million peds, because while I don't think CP will sell for that much we would need cash left over for startup costs.

i think this is a great idea!

as for the leadership we all know that marco has and does want to implement some form of "government" into EU this could be the perfect testing grounds. if the community wins, every 3 months (just a guess) those that took part in the purchase would be required to vote a few managers of CP.

potential positions

#1 - event manager
#2 - spawn manager
#3 - density manager
#4 - public relations manager (works with MA/FPC on problems and/or enchantments and provides the community with a quarterly report and updates)

to regulate income those holding a managers position get a 1-3% bonus (based on group vote every 3 months as well) and rather then MA/FPC paying daily it would pay weekly/monthly minus upkeep fees (fertilizer, events, others)

edit:

forgot to say....
everyone get equal payouts aside from those leading to encourage all "owners" to come up with the best and brightest ways to advance CP for the community

awesome idea in my opionion. i would def invest some ped

forgot to say....
everyone get equal payouts aside from those leading to encourage all "owners" to come up with the best and brightest ways to advance CP for the community

So your saying regardless of how much a person invests they should all get the same return? Or am I missing something here?

How does me having to spend a lot of ped help the problem of not wanting to give more money to someone else? :scratch2:

So your saying regardless of how much a person invests they should all get the same return? Or am I missing something here?

im saying that the amount of control a player has over the "CP co-op" should not be based purely on ped invested.

simply put poor people have good ideas as well.

if someone puts in 400k ped and their only ideas are increase taxes and decrease funding to CP co-op thats not a good business model for success.

on the other hand if someone who puts in 1k ped comes up with some ultra brilliant ideas but has no control power success still will not be reached.

upon reconsideration maybe a tier system could be put into place where your return is relative to your input*, however the bonus on your return as stated previously still exists when voted to a position of responsibility. i honestly think that one should not be rewarded purely on their wallets ability to pay out without good ideas to back it in this concept.

*=maybe a share like the stock market is 1k, those that put in 1-3 shares are tier 1 payout, 4-10 are tier 2, 11-25 tier 3, 26-50 tier 4, 51-100 tier 5 and 100+ tier 6, so that it is about community advancement not about purely making a PED or how much ped you have.

edit:
im glad that was the only thing you thought was the bad part of that idea.

so did u get any reply to your PM?

I think this is a great idea. What value can we expect CP to go for? 100k US? 200k US?

sounds like a good idea, send that PM.

Send that PM, I'd buy a chunk of shares in CP like that without a moments hesitation.

IMO FPC and MA is doing the sale all wrong! :mad: I love GeorgeSkywalker Idea. Anyone remimbers the MA skock exchance ? We could go to the exchange and buy stock in CP. :yay: this way a small invester fill like he can invest into EU too. now it just out of reach for almost everyone. IMO MA should have done this all along with large land areas like CND and TI .

Last edited:
im saying that the amount of control a player has over the "CP co-op" should not be based purely on ped invested.

I completely disagree with you on this one. The decision should be weighted based on the % ownership of the shares.

Your 2 and a half hours late on your post Ace :silly2: j/k bud :D

I am not sure it will work for CP due to how far it has progressed with PR as a big sale concept to lure in big time investors from the real world investment sector along with perking up interests within the gaming community as to the ideals behind the RCE gaming lateral;

Your idea has the right basis but may be a little too messy to implement in time.

Sure Marco has said publicly in the media in 07 as pointed out by Mikas earlier:

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/projectentropia/news.html?sid=6177556&mode=previews

Real money means real security concerns in the game, and Behrmann and the team say that security is a primary concern for the development team behind the game. Every transaction in the game is logged for reporting purposes. In addition, because many of the tasks in the game require cooperation between multiple players, Behrmann said that a contract system is inevitable for the game, allowing multiple players to agree upon what they can contribute to a financial undertaking, and what their slice of the pie will be once the investment blooms.

Yet such a system is still not in place to handle a deal that could potentially involve hundreds of interested particiapnts.

There would need to be limits imposed to make this a feasible concept.

For example:

• The FPC community bidder can only increase bid amounts by 50k ped amounts until it remains as the highest bid, winning bid or until funds contributed by the community runs out for further bidding.
  • Shares will be allocated in the participant order of 50k ped amounts received by the FPC representative.
  • Bids will be placed until on-hand 50k ped contributions have all been used.
  • In the case not all received 50k amounts are used and the bid is won through being the highest bid, the shares for the total purchase will be allocated in order of 50k ped contributions received. Those who missed out will have their 50k ped amounts returned.

Still this system is very adhoc and messy with mistakes that can easily be made due to lack of automation of many inbetween check & double check processes in a timed count-down pressure bidding scenario.

idk, gl with gaining FPCs willingness to make this happen.

I too would like to see FPC start to think outside the box in strengthening investment interest & retention prospects into planet Calypso rather than simply doing a centre stage funky chicken PR hype dance that is so yesterday and already has much spite and bad commentary in the media surrounding the singular ownership over past investment opportunities (TI/CND).

Anyway, let us see what they come up with for future large revenue generating investment prospects;

And maybe CP however unlikely it may seem.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...alypso-underground-senario-3.html#post2202674

^^ That was the 2 and half hours late remark :D

There is another option if someone satisfies the criteria and is willing to make the purchase in full and sell off a portion of the installation to community members as a shared venture:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...partners-buy-cp-i-got-500k-2.html#post2202313

^^ I fall over on the 5yrs+ stable employment since I left my career a couple of years ago to take on some personal family responsibilities and I can not have it secured against my IRL investment portfolios' income as that drives deposits into Entropia already (ie. It is a medium risk income stream and it is not saved :D)

Last edited:

simply put poor people have good ideas as well.

if someone puts in 400k ped and their only ideas are increase taxes and decrease funding to CP co-op thats not a good business model for success.

on the other hand if someone who puts in 1k ped comes up with some ultra brilliant ideas but has no control power success still will not be reached.

upon reconsideration maybe a tier system could be put into place where your return is relative to your input*, however the bonus on your return as stated previously still exists when voted to a position of responsibility. i honestly think that one should not be rewarded purely on their wallets ability to pay out without good ideas to back it in this concept.

*=maybe a share like the stock market is 1k, those that put in 1-3 shares are tier 1 payout, 4-10 are tier 2, 11-25 tier 3, 26-50 tier 4, 51-100 tier 5 and 100+ tier 6, so that it is about community advancement not about purely making a PED or how much ped you have.

edit:
im glad that was the only thing you thought was the bad part of that idea.

I don't have any issues with the voting thing. But by doing it through tiers people will only invest the minimum to get to that tier. Plus if I put in 4k I honestly wouldn't feel right about getting the same amount as someone putting in 100k. I don't feel like this would prevent people with lesser shares from voicing their opinion, because they would still make more if we use a percentage based system, and if an idea is good people will vote it in. This is just my opinion of course, so if anyone wants to agree or disagree go right ahead.

FYI: Salary wise I know that how your salary is decided differs between some countries. So I think this might be one of those things where people from different countries will disagree due to what their used to.

I want 10% intrest on my shares :deal:

Send this bloody PM, im in for some k $.

Thanks for feedback Lavawalker. Not all problems need to be resolved immediately. For the time being I think the community would just like to run with the idea and see if they win the bid. If they do the imgame mechanics of share/ped distribution could be solved a bit later after the bid is won. Personally I wouldn't mind that, given the circumstances...

Anyway since people have urged for the pm to be sent. I have no done that. So we wait and see what Marco has to say.

I'll post a copy of the message below.

Community bid for CP via FPC/MA

Hi,
I made a thread about a community bid for CP but this idea requires the support of FPC for it to work and be implemented.

The EU community seem to be supporting the idea and are awaiting your response. If you could kindly look at this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...pc-bidder.html

that would be much appreciated. We are all very much looking forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
George Ace Skywalker

I don't have any issues with the voting thing. But by doing it through tiers people will only invest the minimum to get to that tier. Plus if I put in 4k I honestly wouldn't feel right about getting the same amount as someone putting in 100k. I don't feel like this would prevent people with lesser shares from voicing their opinion, because they would still make more if we use a percentage based system, and if an idea is good people will vote it in. This is just my opinion of course, so if anyone wants to agree or disagree go right ahead.

FYI: Salary wise I know that how your salary is decided differs between some countries. So I think this might be one of those things where people from different countries will disagree due to what their used to.

without sounding crass ... if you do not like my proposed ideas come up with a better one. without providing any counter plan how can the idea move forward?

you state downsides to my ideas without any solution. to take this little debate to the extreme if you were the big investor and i the small one, what makes your plan better? what plan can you create that would make EU players, CP investors, and MA/FPC happy? really think about it and come up with anything other then simply cutting my idea out without any proposed replacement.

edit:

skywalker, i would be interested in your thoughts on my ideas for your concept if your willing to share.

So we are supposed to pay for something that was free until FPC decided to sell it, if I was FPC I would love that and do it over and over for every untaxed hunting area ingame until they sold all "back" to us?

Excellent for FPC, crap for the community.

<< removed >>

Last edited:
If MA doing it for PR then i think 1 person would be best
if they do it for extra money , then 100 owners would be better
because it is 99 people more that wil stay ingame for a long time

Back