Complain about Oil Rig Event

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
I just logged off and feel like an idiot. This event started over an hour late and at least went for an hour. It was insane and the Wastelanders had 2000 abilities someone said after doing a scan. I think I was killed more by other players then any wastelanders. I expected there to be more than 5 of them also. So I wanna hear other people complaints! I need some therapy here. I spent 3 hours staying up late as can be for pretty much nothing. It was fun, sure, kinda crazy.... but I don't know. No chance for a noob like me to do anything. It was a pvp slaughter fest pretty much the whole time.

Enclosed is a picture of me and someone else healing a Wastelander after he died. It was behind the MSC and it took him about 5 mins to heal using whatever Vivo he had and us helping it along. Just a weird event. I was pissed most of the time and so were many others.

wow this already went down, when is the next round(and can someone loan me a few hundred thousand peds for some uber equipment so i can stand a small fraction of a chance?lmao JK)

guess i should be glad i dont have extra cash to depo for this event, looks like it wouldve been completely for nothing

wow this already went down, when is the next round(and can someone loan me a few hundred thousand peds for some uber equipment so i can stand a small fraction of a chance?lmao JK)

if it's anything like the RX events I guess that the person doing the KILLING shot (not most dmg) would be the one that won the bounty? meaning that even a newbie with opalo would stand a chance if lucky and shooting at the right time...?

Noooooooo I missed it :((((((((((((

I was busy yesterday :((((

Show up again and i will be there to show you right way out !!!

I just logged off and feel like an idiot. This event started over an hour late and at least went for an hour. It was insane and the Wastelanders had 2000 abilities someone said after doing a scan. I think I was killed more by other players then any wastelanders. I expected there to be more than 5 of them also. So I wanna hear other people complaints! I need some therapy here. I spent 3 hours staying up late as can be for pretty much nothing. It was fun, sure, kinda crazy.... but I don't know. No chance for a noob like me to do anything. It was a pvp slaughter fest pretty much the whole time.

Enclosed is a picture of me and someone else healing a Wastelander after he died. It was behind the MSC and it took him about 5 mins to heal using whatever Vivo he had and us helping it along. Just a weird event. I was pissed most of the time and so were many others.

what are you on about? have you never seen one of these events before!? all you did here was describe this event as it always goes down?? :confused::scratch2::confused::scratch2:

I think i'll spare the second event today, BA society shooting me in back all the time while I try to focus on a wastelander is just poor and annoying, even more if they die doing so and cry then for help, coming back with two or three guys next time.

But yes, the event was even worse than former RX events, just with targets having around 15k HP, only 12 Prizes and starting 80 minutes late.

I don't understand why people are shocked and upset that other players were shooting at them as well as the 'wastelanders.' :scratch:

It's just the way it is and always has been, in a situation like that. The less greendots there are, the less competition for the killshot, therefore the more likely the pk'er in question will get the prize. :wise:

If you don't like being pk'd - you should NOT go to these events - they are NOT for you.

I don't like to kill or be killed - so, I went hunting, instead. ;)

On an ending note .. a Pyrate (Hijacker27 Inferno) got one of the wastelander kill shots, so he gets prizes !! :woot:

I don't understand why people are shocked and upset that other players were shooting at them as well as the 'wastelanders.'

It's the way it is, in a situation like that. The less greendots there are, the less competition for the killshot, therefore the more likely the pk'er will get the prize.

They focused on me, on the third run had just two people standing between the revival point and the rig for shooting me in the back out of a bunker when I didn't take care enough. Others were allowed to pass through. Coward style, nothing more to say.

But the beginning "wars" with M2S and cK were real fun, so kind of whole crowd messing with two top societies, even taking down the one or another player, good job from this random army I have to say :D

Reactions: Aly
if it's anything like the RX events I guess that the person doing the KILLING shot (not most dmg) would be the one that won the bounty? meaning that even a newbie with opalo would stand a chance if lucky and shooting at the right time...?

Well i took a few shots with opalo amped and i would say the timing has to be bang on not counting that they would have to have 1hp left,yes only 1hp per hit :rolleyes:

But got some skills :laugh:

Reactions: Aly
Others were allowed to pass through.

I know how that is and it sucks to be the person that is repeatedly pk'd. But you don't know the 'situation' of the others and the pk'ers.

It could be they had an agreement to not kill each other or maybe they were friends, or maybe they just don't like your kitty cat avatar. :dunno:

I dunno - but I've heard it a thousand times "all's fair in love and pvp."

Better luck next time ! :thumbup:

Last shot counts, even I got one of the RX units back in those days. Too bad scopes are useless now though, have to get close and dirty!

I know how that is and it sucks to be the person that is repeatedly pk'd. But you don't know the 'situation' of the others and the pk'ers.

It could be they had an agreement to not kill each other or maybe they were friends, or maybe they just don't like your kitty cat avatar. :dunno:

I dunno - but I've heard it a thousand times "all's fair in love and pvp."

Better luck next time ! :thumbup:

I know the situation a bit better, since BA announced to block PvP area spawns and ruin events in PvP areas for me. Well, that they've well done

I know the situation a bit better, since BA announced to block PvP area spawns and ruin events in PvP areas for me. Well, that they've well done

Aha ! :idea:

So, they DON'T like your kitty cat avatar !! :laugh:
(sorry I had to :ahh:)

i actually got pretty close to killing one on the last round with my opallo... hit him 5 times in a row, then he died... someone else got the final shot tho ;)

in 8 hours.... i just might wakeup for round 2 ;)

i got it

You know I used to believe that in these events nobody like me had a chance,

I had rascal and a bravo and got a lucky shot - I won ^_^

Yes, the lagg was bad,
Yes, the scopes were f**ked
Yes, I had twichy lines everywhere on my screen

But hey, there will always be more events. :yay:

Aha ! :idea:

So, they DON'T like your kitty cat avatar !! :laugh:
(sorry I had to :ahh:)

meh, so you don't like my ava too... (?) :/

Its about that some days ago BA had a kind of war with some other people at the boorum spawn. I wanted to go hunting there (since I camped that spawn) and got repeadetly killed while I was in fight with mobs, the mobs ofc then considered to be ksed.

The other party there, containing cyrex, smartinez and danny'o (as far as I know) figured out that I have nothing to do with the situation, also told this to the BA guys and excused themselves for getting me involved.

The BA guys just went nuts and did again what they did before and then justified their actions with saying that I was playerkilling and killstealing at that spawn for about one hour before, at a moment I just was logged in for about 10 minutes at that day.

Since they were _that_ cocky ingame I gave my rant in a thread here, what followed were kind of insulting posts calling me an asshole and calling me out a liar. Now they're really ruining everything for me in EU, I can hardly hunt my favourite spawn since most times one of them is there, like they just look out for me, and also couldn't fairly compete in this event.

Do you think this still has something to do with honor and fairness they claim to have or just destroying my gameplay ?

They focused on me, on the third run had just two people standing between the revival point and the rig for shooting me in the back out of a bunker when I didn't take care enough. Others were allowed to pass through. Coward style, nothing more to say.

not sure but that could have something to do with you always talking big about how you would kill us if you had your ML.

anyways i wasnt at the scene until when it was almost over , gl to all and hope everyone have a good shot at next event.

gl to you too Shadowmage , just run fast and get that last kill , and get rewarded.

cheers

ermik

not sure but that could have something to do with you always talking big about how you would kill us if you had your ML.

anyways i wasnt at the scene until when it was almost over , gl to all and hope everyone have a good shot at next event.

gl to you too Shadowmage , just run fast and get that last kill , and get rewarded.

cheers

ermik

I had my ML, also killed quite a fair bunch of you guys attacking me there, but it's no wondergun that make me eyes on my back :(

Deffinently a fun event... same page as 3j though... thought i had that one too.. my amped bravo was doing some nice damage but alas hijacker got the final shot and kill.

IMO little excessive killing by some BA.. and then gets rewarded with last kill of the first set of rounds...

but it is pvp so if you think that is really helping your chances then i guess wait around pk'ing till they are almost dead and then get the kill... ha ha good values. Maybe you should join the wastelanders ;)

it was funny though.. lag was bs, had 5 fps most of the time..impossible to fight..

I wish MA could work out some way to make these events such that it is not PVP.

There are always some players who always take the opportunity to kill others, rather than concentrate on killing the Enemy.

IF MA can make it such that I can not shoot others, but can shoot a mob, they should be able to make it such that I can only shoot the enemy during the event. I know friendly fire is a RL thing, but during these events that are supposed to be a "us colonists V's them" us colonists seem to spend more time shooting each other! It becomes a mass brawl when it's supposed to be us defending our world against an enemy.

Well they had the opportunity to build it into the new engine but I think this was another quick fix event.

We've had the RX / wastelander event - bot / mutant invasion next.

1. Not enough people to kill. :p
2. I want my oil.
3. My computer sucks.
4. My internet sucks.
5. Playing on the floor sucks.

Besides those that I listed above. (Most are because of me :D) It was a very enjoyable event. I'm definitely looking forward to the second half. There are a few things I would like to say though. Yes I believe this event is for the middle-upper level players. I forget who said it, but "If you can't handle us trying to kill you how do you expect to deal with a wastelander?" Yes I understand it can be a little frustrating getting shot on your way to the rig or while your trying to kill someone else, but seriously grow up. Tiger what you don't seem to realize is our attacks on you were provoked. You don't kill someone then tell them how n00b they are unless your prepared for total retaliation. Just my two cents.

Oh and Selene (I think that's who it was...), I apologize for shooting you in the back while we were just about to finish off a wastelander. It was an accident and I deserved getting killed by you on the way back.

/Napo

Dunno why Shadowmage , dorsai etc.. are complaining..

Its PVP 0_x .. dont go there if you are not able to defent yourself or you dont have friends which can help you.. its easy. Im almost crying when i read someones complains about being killed in PVP :D ( noobs )

poptart... you and your societies view of fun are pretty messed up....

Please thank them for ruining the event this afternoon. You guys accomplished your mission. Make the event for ubers only...

Lame....

I understand getting killed once or twice but really I didn't even get to see the rig. Last night the ubers were cool enough to lets us help....

Black Angels

The Black Angels seems to have a fairly broad recruitment policy. A couple of idiots from the soc seemed to find it fun to repeatedly kill of players in low level armour (ie. players that probably just wanted to see one of the wastelanders). These Black Angels seemed to steer clear of the ubers.

They don't seem to have done their soc's reputation any favours with the performance of a few members of the soc today.

Deffinently a fun event... same page as 3j though... thought i had that one too.. my amped bravo was doing some nice damage but alas hijacker got the final shot and kill.

I stole your pew pew!

Dunno why Shadowmage , dorsai etc.. are complaining..

Its PVP 0_x .. dont go there if you are not able to defent yourself or you dont have friends which can help you.. its easy. Im almost crying when i read someones complains about being killed in PVP :D ( noobs )

I am not complaining as such.

The event is "Defend Calipso from the wastelanders" is it not?
Now if it was "defend your country from invasion" you might feel a bit upset if you found out you were 9 times more likely to get killed by your own troops than the invading forces? I would!
Research that I can not be bothered to quote/locate shows that "friendly fire" usually accounts for about 11% (I think that was the %) of casualties. On Calipso it seems to account for 95% of them. Why defend my planet when I stand more chance of being killed by my own side! I might as well let the enemy win as the pose less of a threat to me!

Now do you see what I mean?

I not object to PVP, I object to the fact that it's supposed to be a war whjere we defend our planet, Us V's them, and in truth it is us v's US, with a few of them thrown in for fun.

It's only a game. I not upset, it just seems silly. I go to defend my planet, and stand more chance being killed by my own side!

It's a competition.. and in competitions.. people compete. Thus you must expect people to increase their chances of winning by blowing up their rivals.

That's how things work.

while i wasn't even aware of the event until now, those making complaints obviously haven't read the story...this event isn't a calypso defense against an outside attack...it's a bount...you were all trying to collect a bounty thus the need for pvp...the best bounty hunter wins.

if you can't handle a pvp event than wait for the robot or mutant invasions that don't include pvp and require you to collect peices from uber mobs or purchase them from others which will cost uber ped...then we can hear complaints about that too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back