Complain about Oil Rig Event

It's a competition.. and in competitions.. people compete. Thus you must expect people to increase their chances of winning by blowing up their rivals.
That's how things work.

Be glad you aren't in the many beauty contests that Hijacker competes in, irl.
Yes .. he rocket launches them into oblivion, too. :wise:

:laugh: @ Johned

+rep to our new ceo (marco) for another incredible event

bravo

Well, isn't this how bounty hunting works?

Make sure you're the only one that can get the reward by taking out your competition AND the target?

i know there would be someone complaining about the event, i bet in this community someone would complain if MA gave out to much PED in loot :wtg:

My only compliants are that they didn't give us much notice and tha they scheduled it on a Friday, not a weekend when people would be more available.

I just logged off and feel like an idiot. This event started over an hour late and at least went for an hour. It was insane and the Wastelanders had 2000 abilities someone said after doing a scan. I think I was killed more by other players then any wastelanders. I expected there to be more than 5 of them also. So I wanna hear other people complaints! I need some therapy here. I spent 3 hours staying up late as can be for pretty much nothing. It was fun, sure, kinda crazy.... but I don't know. No chance for a noob like me to do anything. It was a pvp slaughter fest pretty much the whole time.

Enclosed is a picture of me and someone else healing a Wastelander after he died. It was behind the MSC and it took him about 5 mins to heal using whatever Vivo he had and us helping it along. Just a weird event. I was pissed most of the time and so were many others.

It was a great event as far as MA thinks... decay and ammo burn flowed in and they made quite some buks from this event

It's a competition.. and in competitions.. people compete. Thus you must expect people to increase their chances of winning by blowing up their rivals.

That's how things work.

Correct but allowing the Ubers past and then pk'ing all the noob to mid level players is what i am talking about. By all means if you are trying to collect a bounty blow me UP. Not allowing me to the rig and event in which none of your soc mates are competing because you are all staking out in a bunker is what i am talking about.

During the morning event there was a little pk'ing but in the end all the ubers who allowed the noob-mid to stay still got their prizes because they are uber and can kill these things. Sure a few mid level players got lucky (there was a third round that we didn't expect ;) but otherwise it was ubers that made the kills because they can)

personally, I had a blast! hell, I was happy enough to get to the rig at all, for that matter!

I got killed plenty, by other colonists and by Wastelanders. Honestly, didn't think i would stand a chance with my EP-22, do I really didn't shoot... just stood there with my FAP, praying. LOL

I think the most fun I had was when I stood inside a bunker just west of the rig. I had pulled the health bars of a few Wastelanders, and when they lit up, I highlighted them, just to know where they were. Wastelander Rawhide Howard started getting closer, picked off a colonist near me, and started heading towards me. :eek: I took off out of the bunker like a bat outta hell, and headed south, running in and around obstacles so that Rawhide could not get a clear shot. (sorry for anyone he may have killed as I was dodging bullets) I then headed east, again darting around obstacles... :censored:, that Rawhide dude was STILL following me!!! At this point, it was a big gaggle of GD's just north, at the rig itself, but just Rawhide on radar near me. What's a girl to do? I ran north, towards the rig. :D

So, here I am, running to the rig, Rawhide on my ass (I still have no idea how he didn't catch up to me, his 2000 agility vs. my 68.5 agility) and I suddenly see in local chat "[Wastelander Rawhide Howard] Come to Rawhide, Coz :) " :holyshit: So, I dart around the rig, headed east along the north wall of the rig, and just typed in "Fat chance of that, Rawhide". I managed, to get around the rig, ran up the ramp and got away from Rawhide... only to run into a brick wall called Wastelander Reverend Lewis.

Basically, I knew I really didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of taking down a Wastelander, but I sure had a lot of fun during the event!!

DanielleYourMom said:
If you don't like being pk'd - you should NOT go to these events - they are NOT for you.

I don't like to kill or be killed - so, I went hunting, instead.

Can't agree with u more!

I dunno - but I've heard it a thousand times "all's fair in love and pvp."

Better luck next time ! :thumbup:

However, I hate pking,

To me it's like Robbery done lawfully in EU.

But I like the presence of lootable pvp zone in EU.

Don't ask me why do i've this seemingly conflicting opinion! ;)

actually besides a very select few, i beleive the ubers were showing great restraint on the whole with regard to the mid to lower level players.

sure i got pk'd by ck, m2s, ba, etc but maybe one time each here and there, and mostly in the thick of battle, maybe not even on purpose.

the one thing that kinda really irritates me tho, is walking up to someone and kinda hanging out and guarding a position with them while waitng for the wastelanders, then after 2-3 minutes they just shoot you in the back?

whats the point?? bordom i guess??

I thought it was a great event.
I knew that the event wasn't made for me. It was obviously made for those with medium to high health with good weapons.
I ran out there to check it out and managed to run around fapping my friends and lasted a good 2 minutes. Most of the players enjoyed this challenge and had a great time, and they handed out some well deserved prizes. Gratz to MA for taking to the time to do this event for those players. Also, i'm sure the MA people enjoyed kicking some butt too.

NooB- Can go to event expecting to kick arse.

UBER- ...laughs at NooB expecting to kick arse.

it was funny though.. lag was bs, had 5 fps most of the time..impossible to fight..

That pretty much sums up my experience with it too.

I am not complaining as such.

The event is "Defend Calipso from the wastelanders" is it not?
Now if it was "defend your country from invasion" you might feel a bit upset if you found out you were 9 times more likely to get killed by your own troops than the invading forces? I would!
Research that I can not be bothered to quote/locate shows that "friendly fire" usually accounts for about 11% (I think that was the %) of casualties. On Calipso it seems to account for 95% of them. Why defend my planet when I stand more chance of being killed by my own side! I might as well let the enemy win as the pose less of a threat to me!

Now do you see what I mean?

I not object to PVP, I object to the fact that it's supposed to be a war whjere we defend our planet, Us V's them, and in truth it is us v's US, with a few of them thrown in for fun.

It's only a game. I not upset, it just seems silly. I go to defend my planet, and stand more chance being killed by my own side!

Most of the player vs player was done when the wastelanders were not there (including very late) and people got bored and wanted target practice, or to get a kill streak. Victims in general should not take this personally, certainly not from me. Use it as motivation to get better.

Back