FYI: Crazy (senseless?) mining test

Crux

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Sham Crux Rock
Hi there,

I have read the thread where a player (sry, forgot the name) dropped 100 bombs on the same spot. I will re-perform the test tonight with a slight modification.

Test facts:

- standing at the same spot, no moving
- exact every 2 mins I drop a bomb (will use my cellphone as timer)
- test on CND, middle of biodome 6 or 7
- will drop 90 bombs, should be 3 hours

Equipment:

- nothing special, z20 without amp

Hope I can get through the 3 hours without beeing killed by any mob :D

I will post the crazy results here.

Last edited:
Nice and all :). But why not hit 'c' ingame, you get to see MA time that way :).

GL!

Nice and all :). But why not hit 'c' ingame, you get to see MA time that way :).

GL!

yeah true, but my cellphone will beep every 2 mins so I don't need to press "c" all the time ;)

Good luck

Damm standing in one spot for 3 hours lets hope your friends keep you from going insane

Good luck

Damm standing in one spot for 3 hours lets hope your friends keep you from going insane

no problem, I have a wireless keyboard. When my cellphone beep I press the button. the main problem will be to stay alive for 3 hours in the dome... :scratch2:

let's see how it will turn out.

good luck! :)
Subscribing =)

Hi

i understand,also its true that MA changes mining system all the time
but i say save ur peds
im 99.999999% sure u wont hit anything

but GL Uni

I wanna see how that ends...
BTW what happens if you hit some claim that expires after 1 hour withing first few bombs? Are you going to move or let it expire?

i say save ur peds
im 99.999999% sure u wont hit anything

well, that's what I want to find out. I don't expect to hit something, but I want to test it on my own ;)

I wanna see how that ends...
BTW what happens if you hit some claim that expires after 1 hour withing first few bombs? Are you going to move or let it expire?

good point. when I hit a global/HOF/ATH I will extract it and restart my test.
everything under a global will expire ;)

Good luck !

I know you are going to stay on exactly the same spot during the experiment, but could you please turn your ava a little bit after every bomb ? Just curious ...

I wouldn't do that with my peds, but I'm interested to see the results ;)

I have been wondering about this for ages now, i dont think resources spawn like mobs, i think its just a random event, i bet on a good day u will find 7 claims out of 10 bombs, and other days 1 claim out of 20 bombs.

Anyway, extremly interested in the outcome of this test.

Also, just one thing i would like to say about it.
You need to remove the claim, so pick a spot and drop an item where u intend to stand, then on a find, remove/extract the claim and move back to marked location.
this way if there was a chance on another find under already claimed area, then you wouldnt know becuase its already covered/claimed.

crighton
:cool:

No matter what your test outcome will be, I think of a slightly different test to do after that... but stupid thins I only do after HOFs... and my last HOF is already wasted.

Subscribing.

Good luck !

I know you are going to stay on exactly the same spot during the experiment, but could you please turn your ava a little bit after every bomb ? Just curious ...

good idea, but this test will be without moving. I will repeat it with turning my avi in the second crazy test to see if there is any difference ;)

I really think you should extract any claims found & just go back to exactly the same coords to carry on the test.

I belive it was Kerham who did a simular test. Im very interested it see the results of this test.

I think the problem besides the mobs killing you are the other miners. Just assuming that the claim does not spawn random but by a combination of actions, the actions of others around you could affect the outcome of the test.
Might be a good idea to make a movie of the test just to see if anything on you radar could have possibly influenced the outcome.

I really think you should extract any claims found & just go back to exactly the same coords to carry on the test.

not sure, can I find a claimed claim again with my finder?

Thought it can't be found again after MA introduced the "auto-claim-system"? :scratch2:

Might be a good idea to make a movie of the test just to see if anything on you radar could have possibly influenced the outcome.

uhhh...recording 3 hours? not sure if I have enough disk space free :eek:

I am pretty sure if you stand in dome 7 you will not have to worry about mobs. GL with this test

uhhh...recording 3 hours? not sure if I have enough disk space free :eek:

I do not think you would need high quality for the test. Should not take more than 1-2 GB.

ok, will start in a few mins :yay:

I have been wondering about this for ages now, i dont think resources spawn like mobs, i think its just a random event, i bet on a good day u will find 7 claims out of 10 bombs, and other days 1 claim out of 20 bombs.

crighton
:cool:

I agree with crighton...

And this is a good experiment for playing around with this theory.

ok, will start in a few mins :yay:

hmmm...for the sake of statistics I think in this case "good luck" should not be wished...:scratch2:
Erhmm...good clicking and don't fall asleep :D

i was thinking of doing a similar test but instead i would run in a small radius circle dropping bombs every few minutes. Mining has been very bad lately so i'm going to wait until MA fixes the deposit errors so i can test it(i'm broke now :p).

Can't wait to see the results.

You've got my attention....

:popcorn:

I can't wait for this one...

Subscribed!

:popcorn:

Back