Crypto-analysis and your loot...

Joker

Marauder
Society
BAHQ
this crypto thing is the thought that your name dictates your loot and I can not help but notice some patterns with avatar names and loots... for example...

Shadow parts recently looted...
Fabik male thighs
Dymek female helm
Kydde female thighs
2 syllables... they have k's in them etc...

i pose the question... do you beleive it is your name that give your avatar luck... and are some avatars just doomed because of their name?

and maybe i am completely off the wall... but has anyone heard or thought of this?

'dub' has been pretty lucky in the past ... 1 syllable, no k. :D

Although they've changed loot a lot since then.

this crypto thing is the thought that your name dictates your loot and I can not help but notice some patterns with avatar names and loots... for example...

Fabik male thighs
Dymek female helm
Kydde female thighs

i pose the question... do you beleive it is your name that give your avatar luck... and are some avatars just doomed because of their name?

and maybe i am completely off the wall... but has anyone heard or thought of this?

There were times when a pretty big % of globals were from ppl with identical structured names. It was very noticable and some people even restarted with a new Avatar to be able to change name. Don't know if the same system is still producing the results. I don't spend hardly any time in EU anymore.

There were and still are two big buts:
(a) Why should MA use the names for randomization of loot. There are a lot of others variables they could use, which would give much better results and are hidden to the user
(b) Even if you just change one letter in a word, and you crypt it, the result is totally different. So the algorithm MA uses would have to be very simple.

The conclusion from (a) + (b) would be: No
There is one but though: MA does things different....

Im sure that names have a part in loot.

here's some food for thought:

If you have a player database from A-Z, you cannot just give loot to players with names between A-M for example. Everyone has to be included.

So, the so called "periods" are most likely tied to the avatar names. Groups of people get loot in turns. The gaps are variable, sometimes last very little, sometimes very long. Part of the algorithm, maybe..?

Of course, humans will always see patterns where there are none really...

Ma ma MA ma poker face MA ma poker face. Mamamama

Fabik male thighs
Dymek female helm
Kydde female thighs

Joker Poker should have gotten two shadow parts then.

I have said this all along...

We all have 3 names.

Why is this? No real reason for it...but.

Maybe because their are three main lootable professions...Mining, crafting and hunting (tailoring is in with crafting imho...)

Each of our names it 'cyphered' when we create our avatar to create a unique number which dictates how lucky (or not) our avatar is at each profession.

This would also explain why some avatars seem to get all the good stuff / lucky and others seem to get shafted.

It needs further examination, but this is my theory.

i've seen this happen many times ingame and well I must have an unlucky avatar name!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrs7Z8FRQeQ[/YOUTUBE]

Kydde and Dymek both produce these anagrams: Dey, dye, key.
Fabik makes FBI, kia

Obviously Kydde and Dymek invoked a reaction on MA's loot algorithm.
Just as obviously, Fabik is an FBI agent who drives a Kia.

I also had such theories once...

Thomas Tiger Halmer (= my avatar, very bad loot)

Gully Tiger Foyle (= actually got several huge ones starting after me)

... just for your knowledge that it's not the middle name.

Cyco Kick Maniac. Def not a good name to play with :laugh:

I thought those buggers would be scared of me and give me loot for it, but nope./

I've very rarely heard of anything remotely as stupid as this... its not even a clear hypothesis, let alone mathematically feasible nor from the company's viewpoint a sound way of determining distribution when random generation and/or deterministic randomized generation is much much easier to set up, control, and vary without risking abuse...

really, you guys are not just barking up the wrong tree ; the tree is a bloody volcano, and you're about to fall in with your wangs out! :lolup:

Shogomad Shoti 1st - so , schould I start crafting amps? (1st in crafting - 3rd name) ?

anyway i have "sho" part in both 1st and 2nd name so thats why i am geting tonnest of Shogun parts ?????

It is true, I always base my hunting strategy on my middle name. "Darkaner" means I am lucky when I hunt in the dark, so I just tp around until I find a place that has night hours.

When mining I use the number spiral in combination with my last names numerical value, which so far has given me tons of profit.

Crafting is easier, I just say my first name out loud in caps in the public chat at the right moment in the global cycle, and then I global.

erik STYRM eriksson is a pretty good name.... but my loots is based on where in sweden I live.. those who live in malmö and have deluxe in their name has the best chance in this game.. so Im ready to adapt and move and change my name to erik STYRM erikssondeluxe.... if you live on the outside of the swedish border your fecked..

erik STYRM eriksson is a pretty good name.... but my loots is based on where in sweden I live.. those who live in malmö and have deluxe in their name has the best chance in this game.. so Im ready to adapt and move and change my name to erik STYRM erikssondeluxe.... if you live on the outside of the swedish border your fecked..

I picked my name before i heard anything about this... but it rhymes and rolls off the tounge nice ;) i have noticed other people recently with names that ryhme or have duplicate names... like if my name had 2 jokers in it... anwyays... this thread died quickly...

Kydde and Dymek both produce these anagrams: Dey, dye, key.
Fabik makes FBI, kia

Obviously Kydde and Dymek invoked a reaction on MA's loot algorithm.
Just as obviously, Fabik is an FBI agent who drives a Kia.

hahahahahahahahahahaha :D:D:D:D

I luv the idea ! For me, it could make as much sense as skills or whatever....only that I got " K " (yes, capital one, please !) in my name, and no shadow....even vigi has only been in team...but interesting to think that names could influence a profession, or that each name represents a profession....obviously, i should be a crafter, as the two others just screwed me up drastically so far....

Not gonna lie but i have thought of this as being in the realms of possibility.

I wanna change my name.

Gimme ATH ufucker

Ahh..i see .... Blixt "Flash" Gordon hmm.. its the middle name "Flash" thats make my peds disappear so fast;)

Not gonna lie but i have thought of this as being in the realms of possibility.

(L)ores

You need to be mining with (L) amps :thumbup:

In my case:

Jason - Ja son, better luck at hunting next time hey
Pepto - The ore/enmatter starts to come up but then gets stuck*
Amsterdam - The dam 'amsters aren't working on the server when I craft

*Indigestion parody based on Pepto Bismol

Fabik male thighs
Dymek female helm
Kydde female thighs

Koli: 2 syllables, starts with a 'k'
Where is my shadow? :D

Man, this thread reminds me of that movie...

"A beautiful mind"

in the 'Just FYI' section of this thread...

Hannibal nutron Starke is *NOT* the best name to go with (contrary to popular opinion...)

once, while waiting for a socmate to arrive for a trox hunt, i killed a whole bunch and got a whole bunch of 'sorry, no loot!' messages... when my socmate got near and started killing his way over to meet up, he got three globals and a HoF... :eek: after we teamed up? his luck dried up and mine stayed about the same... :mad:

i got some bogus mojo workin here...

Hmm how many K's does Kutchukokoff has? :)

not a single uber, let alone shadow parts :)

Spawn Storm Bootcamp

I always get tons more of mobs when I kill one, It always starts raining and wind coming from everywhere, and then I get a message if I want to install windows..

Back