Crystal Palace LIVE Auction thread

Status
I dunno if activity will decrease that much because of a little tax? I have never been there so... :silly2:

Besides, with new planets coming we will maybe see some Calypso players leaving, but the future also brings new players in, and some of them will probably go there as well... some of them never having been ingame while there was no tax, and therefore not caring as much about it ;)

Thou it will probebly take awhile before the CP babies can actually hunt at CP :laugh: To say alittle taxes isnt really fair, imagine your favorite activity just got 3-5% more expensive with no compensation in loot. Not so fun :rolleyes: Put it in realation to a LA u are okey visting, the cost to hunt there is ok with u. Then the owner puts the tax on 3-5% hihger then u are used to. Maby not the same, but still the same.. lol U get to pay more for the same..

Sorry for off topic :ahh:

I'm surprised Quetesh put up cash so fast... usually serious bidders just hold out until the last day or the last few hours, when there is no BO.
I believe this is what the other "investors" will do also, IF there are any other serious bidders that is.

50k$ is not even close to what is worth, I don't think any of the serious bidders expect to get it for less than 150k$.
People say that they wont go there but in the end they will go, MA can make some "small" adjustments to the loot, imagine HL18/x5 will drop a bit more from big aurli or kreltin, or some hl11-hl12 will drop from aurli.. this will make easily for 3-5% tax.

Don't forget that after 3-5years you will get your investments back(if not quicker) you'll still own that place and you will be able to sell it again, RL crisis will be over and prices will start to increase again.

The biggest victory for CP owner will be if auction will be free of transport fees, and I think all serious bidders should ask this from MA.

I would say ~250K$ is about the right price it should go.

GL all

I bet that few weeks after the sale, MA comes up with a new kind of hunting stadium with new mobs which drops nice items and gives bigger ATH's.

I bet that few weeks after the sale, MA comes up with a new kind of hunting stadium with new mobs which drops nice items and gives bigger ATH's.

thats not even a fair bet, i wonder if those going to bid on this remember marco saying that the existing mobs wouldnt be adjusted but new mobs would be added to compensate for the new weapon enchantment system, im pretty sure the new mobs wont be smaller ones than we have now.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/172713-under-hood-bigger-stronger-better.html

Well look at it this way even if they do come out with new content MA will not let a big Investor fail. If they do then that would be the end of EU as no one else would ever invest again. Will it make you a millionaire? Who knows only time will tell but one thing for sure you will not lose money MA would not let that happen.

Last edited:
There are already plenty of "bigger" mobs in EU as it is. The reason CP is fun is not because it has the biggest mobs, but because of the excitement that they bring. I could comfortably camp out in dome 4, but there are plenty of other things that will clean my clock, so to speak.

The only issue, as I see it, is that it is already expensive to hunt on CP. Adding a tax on top of that may lead to a downhill spiral in attendance. We'll see.

Actually, I was bid #3, with 10k PED. Then I bid 10001 PED, and 10002 ped. And 11000 PED. And 11111 PED. Kamala took the 11112, and I bid 20k and had some fun with shoti around 20k'ish. Then Quetesh arrived and said that we all are children :laugh:

Yeah, I saw the actual bids, I just grabbed the OPs bid list to make the layout easier. :D

subscribing

wish i had 1mil peds laying around :(

subscribing

wish i had 1mil peds laying around :(

I could bet that one would rather need around 10 Millions to get the deed.
ND made his first million dollars in 2 years?
CP may not drop off as much as CND, but should make a million in 5 years with proper management.

CP may not drop off as much as CND, but should make a million in 5 years with proper management.

10M? I'll take that bet.

Maybe 2.

I bet 100 PEDs that it will be way over 2 Million PEDS :D

I bet 1000PED it will be over 499999.99PED ;) lol

(Please note that you will lose by default by taking this bet :D)

with new planets opening up and hard core players leaving and many players saying cp will die cause of taxes, is 2million ped really going to be a viable investment?

on the flip side, if i hit the mega millions lotto tonight, you'll see my bid in a few days lmao

b

hey mate can u add also the name of the bidders????

I bet 1000PED it will be over 499999.99PED ;) lol

(Please note that you will lose by default by taking this bet :D)

Would never dare to bet that sum, thats half my monthly budget :D
For 100 I would risk the final price being close to 10 Million PEDs :D

with new planets opening up and hard core players leaving and many players saying cp will die cause of taxes, is 2million ped really going to be a viable investment?

1) Which hardcore players are leaving? :silly2:

2) New planets = more new players ;)

3) How many of the players saying CP will die cuz of taxes do ya think will be there right after it has been bought? ;) lol

on the flip side, if i hit the mega millions lotto tonight, you'll see my bid in a few days lmao

b

If only only takes the daily globals from tracker on both mobs, assumes 4% tax, then CP pays off arounf 800k PEDs yearly.
2 Million is absolutely nothing.

1) Which hardcore players are leaving? :silly2:

almost all. Planet partners will have to compete with FPC to attract players. Thus they will give out better loot distribution, lower taxes or stuff like that. At lest for the beginning.

2) New planets = more new players ;)

no :) EU = bad reputation already. We have passed the baby boom of VU10. New planet partners will not bring more than Cry2 brought, witch was 99% one day accounts anyway.

3) How many of the players saying CP will die cuz of taxes do ya think will be there right after it has been bought? ;) lol

no more than 40-50%

Last edited:
Ok so you're saying EU wont get more players because of it's bad reputation...? Planet partners might use their planet names to market themselves though, meaning people will join for example Cyrene, Next Island or RockTropia...

I honestly think we will see an increase in new players during the coming years (and player retention as well)

Besides, we have as many ppl saying nobody knows about EU as we have saying EU has bad rep... :rolleyes:

Ok so you're saying EU wont get more players because of it's bad reputation...? Planet partners might use their planet names to market themselves though, meaning people will join for example Cyrene, Next Island or RockTropia...

I honestly think we will see an increase in new players during the coming years (and player retention as well)

Besides, we have as many ppl saying nobody knows about EU as we have saying EU has bad rep... :rolleyes:

I also think that the playerbase will increase with the new planets, but I doubt they will have anything to say about loot distribution.
Only way that loot improves is that more sponsors are found for advertisements. Anything besides that would mean less income for both MA and the planet partners.

I doubt they will have anything to say about loot distribution.

Yeah, MindArk does all loot balancing and such... :silly2:

567890 PED (567k) Ringo DRDoom Pow

He later added

I hope my bid on CP is surpassed fast, won't go for it anymore, to risky.
MA change a little thing and expensive stuff can just drop enourmously in value.
If they screw up, we're screwed.
Starting sell-out thread soon, going to log on in the future and play with some occasional limited stuff....

On topic: I currently have the highest bid on CP, but I do hope I get surpassed soon. (I had to bid on it so I get the reduced withdraw fee for the money I deposited.)

Off Topic: After this VU I don't have any trust anymore to invest a lot in here.
What a small 'upgrade' is for MA can be catastrofic for those invested a lot.

He made it all back in 5 months actually.

On Topic.

I hope this can all be fixed. The VU boned over alot of things. :S

On topic: I currently have the highest bid on CP, but I do hope I get surpassed soon. (I had to bid on it so I get the reduced withdraw fee for the money I deposited.)

Off Topic: After this VU I don't have any trust anymore to invest a lot in here.
What a small 'upgrade' is for MA can be catastrofic for those invested a lot.

Fair play, i can't agree more.

There's a gap in MA' s rules

A maximum withdrawal fee of USD100 is in effect for avatar accounts that make a deposit larger than USD10,000 between Dec. 8th and Dec. 28th and participate in the auction. All transactions will be monitored and logged.

What happens if someone deposits, but then the auction price has risen in the meantime so they can't participate in the auction? I can't see that MA can then charge the full withdrawal fee.

Any anyone intending to take part in a consortium bid should also take note of the $10,000 threshold.

There's a gap in MA' s rules

A maximum withdrawal fee of USD100 is in effect for avatar accounts that make a deposit larger than USD10,000 between Dec. 8th and Dec. 28th and participate in the auction. All transactions will be monitored and logged.

What happens if someone deposits, but then the auction price has risen in the meantime so they can't participate in the auction? I can't see that MA can then charge the full withdrawal fee.

Any anyone intending to take part in a consortium bid should also take note of the $10,000 threshold.

AS for the last part, that is something to think about. ;)

Status
Back