Daikiba

Status
Daikiba still exist on rt , i went there for the vu , looking for the ul weps , that so far i havent heard of dropping , and while jumping around looking for a mob to hunt imagine my surprise to jump into a herd of daik. i never was a big hunter of this mob , except maybe trying to farm wool, but my question is , did the daik loot pool move to rt with the mob , or did it stay on calypso and change into the shinkiba loot pool.

Daikiba still exist on rt , i went there for the vu , looking for the ul weps , that so far i havent heard of dropping , and while jumping around looking for a mob to hunt imagine my surprise to jump into a herd of daik. i never was a big hunter of this mob , except maybe trying to farm wool, but my question is , did the daik loot pool move to rt with the mob , or did it stay on calypso and change into the shinkiba loot pool.

Some Daikiba at North Space Base Hangar this morning.

The Last Daikiba on Calypso

I think I killed the last Daikiba on Calypso last nite....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

:(:(:(

Nope daikiba not exist, remember all namings like daikiba wool were repliced by shinkiba.

The Daikiba wool I had in storage before Shinkiba took over has stayed Daikiba wool.

I can confirm that...I just killed a provider @ 868,945

I looted 6 daikiba skins and 5 animal hides + it incremented the iron mission counter :yay:

I looted 6 daikiba skins and 5 animal hides + it incremented the iron mission counter
Huh? The one that was (without notice!) turned into "Shinkiba" kill count? You get Shinkiba kill count increase for killing Daikiba???

Yes I did...i don't think its that big of a deal since diakibas, on Calypso at least, are now super rare.

Creature issues
Wild Daikiba are now extinct.

:(
Support message sent suggesting them to create a spawn on the island where the cube used to be (shouldn't be in the way for anyone)

Did anyone manage to loot a Daikiba Horn? I got a skull (and skins) but it's not enough to create a DNA.

Or where on Rocktropia(?) is the daikibas now?

:(
Support message sent suggesting them to create a spawn on the island where the cube used to be (shouldn't be in the way for anyone)

Did anyone manage to loot a Daikiba Horn? I got a skull (and skins) but it's not enough to create a DNA.

Or where on Rocktropia(?) is the daikibas now?

I think that all daikiba parts have been transformed to shinkiba. Which means the daikiba skull you looted is now probably called shinkiba skull. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that all daikiba parts have been transformed to shinkiba. Which means the daikiba skull you looted is now probably called shinkiba skull. Correct me if I'm wrong.

See for yourself:

daikiba_parts.jpg

View image in gallery

I saw a lot of daikbia skins(?) in auction at the time so I guess there must have been some other hunter out there. Or maybe it was old textures.

See for yourself:

I saw a lot of daikbia skins(?) in auction at the time so I guess there must have been some other hunter out there. Or maybe it was old textures.

That is odd(old picture?)... My Daikiba skulls(and tusks) are now Shinkiba immediately after Shinkiba are introduced... And now I wonder with Daikiba "extinct" do the old pet deeds still have Daikiba on them or now Shinkiba... If they are still Daikiba those deeds could likely sell for a lot when taming does eventually come back as they carry an extinct mob.

This thread should be renamed and updated for Shinkiba :wise:

I hope that Daikiba pets will remain. There value should escalate as a commodity that can not be replaced, and it's a small bone to throw the tamers and owners.
edit: I don't own one, lol

I hope that Daikiba pets will remain. There value should escalate as a commodity that can not be replaced, and it's a small bone to throw the tamers and owners.
edit: I don't own one, lol

I can't see why you couldn't be able to tame the Daikibas on Rocktropia. (They're at mixed maturity on the beach on the mainland south of the No Where Out prison islands.)

I can't see why you couldn't be able to tame the Daikibas on Rocktropia. (They're at mixed maturity on the beach on the mainland south of the No Where Out prison islands.)

TY, I am ignorant about whats on Rock. Maybe we can use spaceships to smuggle daiks back to Calypso!

TY, I am ignorant about whats on Rock. Maybe we can use spaceships to smuggle daiks back to Calypso!

Dunno if it will work, but if anyone can loot a daikiba horn (which also is the "rare part") then we could check out if it's possible to stick Daikiba DNA into a fertilizer station on Calypso.

FYI: both daikibas and shinkibas kills count towards shinkibas iron challenges.
And gratz all daiki lovers with the returning of the cuties :beerchug:

Doing iron mission on them. Is there a better place, than cape Corinth or East PA?

interested in young-old

Doing iron mission on them. Is there a better place, than cape Corinth or East PA?

interested in young-old

What is wrong with East of PA? Fantastic little spot I thought?

What is wrong with East of PA? Fantastic little spot I thought?

Am not sure, maybe i`m hunting in the wrong spot.. that spawn i found is not dense, mixed with berycleds and daikibas are mostly mature/old..

btw it`s just over the river

Am not sure, maybe i`m hunting in the wrong spot.. that spawn i found is not dense, mixed with berycleds and daikibas are mostly mature/old..

btw it`s just over the river

Try 633,746. I completed the Iron there, I liked it. :)

Try 633,746. I completed the Iron there, I liked it. :)

Thank You for tip.

I remember visiting that place and it was full of providers/guardians. but than again, i was there while MM was going on.

Thank You for tip.

I remember visiting that place and it was full of providers/guardians. but than again, i was there while MM was going on.

You're welcome :tiphat:

There's a wave event there too, so if you just do wave 1 and 2, they are all young-old on those two. Repeatable every 20 minutes after it completes / fails.

Any advice on where to find lil bigger daikis nowdays? Like old to guardian.

Stampede North of Camp Icarus

After a truly terrible week of loot on my normal mobs atrox, eviscerator, argo scav elite, feffoid when i was using both hands and some toes to count no. of blazaar and nova loots in a run and beconing very depressed, I noticed a mission for 5000 Daikiaba / Shinkiba points with only 1000 left to go.

So off to Camp Icarus and the Daikiba Stampede.

So the early rounds I do in no armour and CApTTr with B101 amp

As they get bigger I put on the pixie and then for the larger ones at the end I swap guns to the xent light rifle X3

I had great fun swapping guns and running around with a bit of healing.

The best bit was hardly any cost and a nice healthy return on my ammo costs.

So I went back and twice more last night and did them again. Same result, cheap as chips and good returns.

I presume this was a fluke and I got lucky but it was nice to be up for once, have a great time and spend very little ped. I was one happy avatar. I spoke to another non newb player who was there last night and he said he goes there quite often for the same reason.

So i will make this a regular spot on my jaunts around EU

Any advice on where to find lil bigger daikis nowdays? Like old to guardian.

SE of Odyseuss Landing is another event area for Daikiba's. Starts with young to provy on the first of 10 rounds and gets progressivly higher as you go til round 9 with prowlers/stalkers. Round 10 is the Raging Daikba Bull, so bring a few friends or have them ready for him, or just pm me, i do that event now and then myself.

Status
Back