December sale

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire
So what will it be this year? Speculate! :D

Well with last year's sale falling flat on it's face and the CLD sales going over so well I'm thinking that they probably come up with something that they can sell THOUSANDS of for less money. They MUST have figured out by now that pulling $100 from several thousand players is better than pulling $10000 from one.

Menace

ICLD - Improved Calypso Land Deed , 60.000 of em at 1000 peds each.

Ofcourse these deeds come with a promise of a system so cool you just gotta have one, or a bunch.

They will sell SPAAAACE. Your tiny space piece, only for 1k ped :broke:

They will sell SPAAAACE. Your tiny space piece, only for 1k ped :broke:

The incentive? You can selectively change that tiny area from pvp lootable to non lootable. Acquire enough pieces to form a tunnel and you can charge safe-passage fees from all travellers. :lolup:

The incentive? You can selectively change that tiny area from pvp lootable to non lootable. Acquire enough pieces to form a tunnel and you can charge safe-passage fees from all travellers. :lolup:

The incentive? You can selectively change that tiny area from pvp lootable to non lootable. Acquire enough pieces to form a tunnel and you can charge safe-passage fees from all travellers.©

aaaand its copyrighted by me and is buyable only for 10k ped :D:laugh:

Perhaps they'll introduce to the economy the basic building blocks for homes/structures while simultaneously releasing the land plots that the CLDs represent. This may encourage more people to craft, thus subtly increasing activity levels.

Whether this will be sufficient to give MA their big sale in an unspectacular fashion I can't say, but they must surely be braced for the possibility of a Medusa's Head-esque flop.

I am guessing something with space.

Jump Gates for subwarp ships between planets? (about 5AU out from each planet)

Tax rights to a mine-able asteroid field?

Tax rights to a new space mob?

etc... something along those lines.

narfi

There will be a restyle of all the appartment buildings and the shops. All the appartments and tower shops that are currently in the hands of Marcus the estate broker will be put up for sale for a startbid of 100 ped.
New shops will be opened at fort isis. In the month prior to this sale the auction will be offline due to technical problems. Things will return to normal in 2013 with the difference that the auction fee will be raised to 2 ped, to save for an extra server that will take care of the lag ppl experience at the auction.

Landdeed owners that have 9 deeds or more are asked to register at the registering booth to formally declare that they are a competitor for a landplot. Registration fees are only 800 ped for a landplot in a non-pvp area and only 500 ped in a pvp area.

Implementation of (L) Ped Card. 0% returns guaranteed =)

I don't know if they will do something, but am keeping my CLD income on card on the off chance they will sell something nice and afforable at the end of the year.

I just want a polar bear suit to go along with my polar bear head.

There will be a restyle of all the appartment buildings and the shops. All the appartments and tower shops that are currently in the hands of Marcus the estate broker will be put up for sale for a startbid of 100 ped.
New shops will be opened at fort isis. In the month prior to this sale the auction will be offline due to technical problems. Things will return to normal in 2013 with the difference that the auction fee will be raised to 2 ped, to save for an extra server that will take care of the lag ppl experience at the auction.

Landdeed owners that have 9 deeds or more are asked to register at the registering booth to formally declare that they are a competitor for a landplot. Registration fees are only 800 ped for a landplot in a non-pvp area and only 500 ped in a pvp area.
would be interesting...

Maybe as part of the apartment update they can sell the 'deed' to the cities of Sakura, Omegaton, and whatever other city there is that the taxes are currently going to MA instead of to a participant Land owner?... then at the same time announce that the CLD plots will be outside of those cities and that the taxes off of any shopkeepers, or upgraded cld plots to shops, or 'zoos' that are created on the cld plots will go to whoever owns the deed to the city?... someone instantly would have a sort of monopoly on the areas as far as tax collecting goes. Maybe even go a step or three further and let the new 'owner' get x amount of 'LA upgrades' to the areas that would include the areas in the city, in the 'suburbs' where the new cld plots will be, etc, for free as a part of the purchase price - including but not limited to it's own free 'radio station' that gets streaming tunes in that area that the new owner can create. http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/estate-development/ ... heck maybe even put in one new specially designed mall in each of these cities as a part of the purchase, similar to the deer mall, but that the new owner would have input in on how the devs design it... could be any design they choose that the devs can negotiate on so as suitable so long as it doesn't go against eula/tos in the design (no racism, etc.).. make the cities real 'cities' not just a few small buildings here and there.

Include 'factories' in the sale, these would be something similar to the orders section of auction that only the owner of the city deed would be able to assign 'mission' to.. basically it'd function like a combination between orders section of auction and selling functionality of shopkeeper, but instead of only holding 20 items, they'd hold about 2000 items or more.. owner could set buying prices, set selling prices so that it's somewhat automated, and/or not just buy/sell from it but use it as a way to collect items for them at certain rates... so like maybe some ore the city owner uses to craft with is needed a lot, he'd set it to buy at x price and stack it up for him til he's ready to craft a certain item... it'd work like his personal orders section... and it could be either collected for him, resold after his set collection max that he needs is set and/or could be 'reserved' for something similar to the friends list in the vehicles for his friends that are 'employee's that have access to the stash at set rates... the employees could take out the resources and in exchange put in the 'crafted items' made from those... which is where the 'factory line' part of it comes in... etc... if ma doesn't have the factory idea/system set up yet, it would be promised for implementation next year as an addition similar to the promise of the mall addition to these areas that will be put in at a certain time as a part of this la deed purchase.

Last edited:
would be cool if they sold some kind of god armor+fap+weapon+clothes

something that looks completley different (not just supremacy with different colors)

with extreme eco, heal and dmg/sec.

something that looks completley different (not just supremacy with different colors)

for xmas 'Santa Claws'

Clothes that automatically heal you while you wear them!!! :tongue2:

There will be a restyle of all the appartment buildings and the shops. All the appartments and tower shops that are currently in the hands of Marcus the estate broker will be put up for sale ...

i'm pretty sure all the apartments where sold, with a few speculators buying them all up. its just they havent ever gone to apt to change the owner. i know i have three such CND apartments myself.

i'm pretty sure all the apartments where sold, with a few speculators buying them all up. its just they havent ever gone to apt to change the owner. i know i have three such CND apartments myself.

nope... entire basement of at least one building in Omegaton has all shops with estate broker as owner and MA support team has confirmed in support tickets that these are not owned by participants... so yes, many estates might be sold, but not all.

Well the CLD's were such a success, I go for (and unlikely) ped interest bearing bonds.

What are they:

Bond 1000 ped to buy, 0.00 TT value
Pays fixed interest say 5% per week (5 ped per week).
Expires; say 5 year bond, with 1000 peds auctomatically returned to ped card
But tradable during the 5 year period on auction.

Various series of bonds issued each year by MA with expiry dates. Maybe 10,000 bonds in first year (rasies $1 million)

Up side:

system already in place, like CLD's
ped flow centre already in place.
rasies cash for MA, less borrowing
expiry date, so dont compete with CLD's
peds returned to ped card on expiry, maybe used for in game activities or to reinvest in new bonds.

Down side:

Peds spent on bonds not game activities initially
Upon expiry players could withdraw those peds (small percentage I would imagine)

mmmm

what do you think

Rick

I just want a polar bear suit to go along with my polar bear head.

I like that idea! Maybe anyone in a complete polar bear outfit will then become huntable and lootable - even in towns - imagine PvP in Port Atlantis.

Some interesting ideas in this thread, keep them coming ;)

a Hogglo with a saddle, and you can ride him!!! :yay:

I hope I hope I hope!!!!! :woot:

Space triples in size...

MA sells the rights to tp between planets and the tp owner sets the price.

I heard rumors of fishing someday. I am sure they will make you buy a license tho. How much do you think they can get for 10,000 fishing licenses? I am sure that someone at MA knows.

They will start selling Mob Herd Deeds, so you can invest in the return from a mob. For example, they sell 50000 Atrox shares, and the deed owners share in the profit.

My idea is to sell advertising billboards on the new giant moons, but they have been curiously unresponsive to my idea so far.

I guess taming would be back in last VU this year and they will selling some Unlimited cool and rideable mobs at the same time. If they can't make taming in this year, then maybe some big Unlimited mech would be sold in December.

Well clearly what they need to do is combine Taming with Beauty.

You know you want to give your Snable a new hairdo and some lippy :laugh: Go on, admit it...

Maybe the "large instance" they have been developing will be offered for sale - either you get a tax from it as a LA, or you get the exclusive chance to make and sell keys. In either case, if multiple could be sold (cld like for option a).

Back