Digital tills are ringing to the sound of an unreal Christmas | Victor Keegan (MalaysiaNews.net)

News Bot

Guardian
Flirtomatic , a London-based company, claims to have sold 100,000 gifts during the past four weeks in the run-up to Christmas. This wouldn't normally be of interest but Flirtomatic is a social network...

More...

News feed provided by Yahoo! News.

News Bot.... do you really want to post a link that depicts how stupid people are for purchasing "VIRTUAL ITEMS" for REAL money? - Rep for an epic fail at a news report just because "Entropia Universe" is mentioned in the article. This does NOTHING but re-enforce what many have been saying for years now....

News Bot.... do you really want to post a link that depicts how stupid people are for purchasing "VIRTUAL ITEMS" for REAL money? - Rep for an epic fail at a news report just because "Entropia Universe" is mentioned in the article. This does NOTHING but re-enforce what many have been saying for years now....

Did you even read it?

The ending remark:

It is time for politicians to take seriously the emergence of a sector that might compensate for some of the jobs lost in the recession. But first we will have to break through a psychological barrier and take virtual goods seriously. After all, which is more "real" – a virtual rose that can sit on your mobile phone for years, or a piece of chocolate that melts in your mouth and is gone for ever?

The key feature is that, unlike physical goods, it costs almost nothing to produce extra copies, so there is unlimited supply to meet unlimited demand, an economist's nirvana. Virtual output could also restore a level playing field for the west, because companies don't have to outsource actual production to Asian countries with cheaper labour costs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Cant stop laughing.

This is funny.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Cant stop laughing.

This is funny.

he he he same here, finally something to cheer me up after the latest FAIL Update! :D

There is no spoon? :scratch2:

seems to me like someone who isn't used to technology trying to put their viewpoint accross on how absurd they think it all is.

Wait, if buying virtual items with real money makes people stupid, what does that make you? You have a whole inventory full of things that you bought and your avatar isn’t exactly wearing unrepaired OJs now is it?

Here are two interesting images from your own gallery here on EF:

Is this Nemesis Armor that you are wearing?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Wow, I have never had this problem before:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

While the rest of us may very well be stupid for buying virtual items, I guess you are both stupid and a hypocrite :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just thought that I would point out the obvious... carry on :)

Harsh HW, but true lol ++

This one made me lol .... its been a while.

But first we will have to break through a psychological barrier and take virtual goods seriously. After all, which is more "real" – a virtual rose that can sit on your mobile phone for years, or a piece of chocolate that melts in your mouth and is gone for ever?

:silly2:

hmm Droops is right..

however sometime things stays in rl as wel..
forexample, during last year Myahem I ate a lot chocolade, and one of them has been refined by my body into body fat
And then the body fat was used as insulation enhancers under my skins. I have pretty much tier up my belly to lvl 5 I think

Back