Do you trust the people in your soc?

Crone is not trustworthy. Neither are his soc mates. Crone does though, think most of the people behind his soc mates are trustworthy. But who knows about their parents, their electrical company or their hardware?

Though for an occasional loot distribution? Common, Crone can afford to trust someone with that. But Crone would probably trust (almost) noone with Mai. That's the whole thing: risk.

Crone loves his society.

I have to say yes I do trust all my soc mates and I have trusted people before to collect and share loot. Maybe if you really don't trust them then you should change socs.

Yes. I trust every person in our soc. Never have been any problems with those guys. Even we borrow each others stuffs if needed.

I have to say I trust the members of my Soc.I agree if there's no trust then your in the wrong Soc.:cowboy:

One word: Absolutely!!
;)

Yes definitely. We have a small tight knit group that proves themselves over and over again. And it`s been hard to find new members that can step up to the same level. Of course I may not be generous in lending mod faps etc if I had them but it`s almost the same with my rl friends. Some things you just don`t risk no matter who it is and the real friends respect and understand that.

Dark Brotherhood = Trust :cool:

i am in a large society and don't happen to know everyone personally, but i can count on several that i feel i can trust not to make off with my stuff. i am sure 90% of the people we have are trustworthy, but i have met only a handful due to the time i am active. we also have several new members that may or may not stick it out and might not be on the top of my trust list, but in time they might be. i don't believe any of my socmates would rip me off on purpose but so many factors exist that if i do lend something i don't 100% expect it back until it is my inventory. the person could die, computer get broke, internet meltdown, etc and my item is lost.

interestingly enough i asked to borrow a reilly boot BP once from a socmate and was completely denied for not having good enough collaterall. my assets are all in stackables and other such stuff. it adds up to well over 10k peds but it is so nonliquid i might as well be broke. nothing i have is really worth over 200 ped by itself. in anycase, they guy didn't want to hold my ghost, vigi, 2 m1a BPs, and an apartment deed while i used the reilly for a few hundred clicks and he wasn't interested in me just using it without collateral. in any case i just made basic shirts and pants and never gave it a second thought until this thread. i didn't really like not being trusted and didn't expect that response.

he was someone i only chatted with from time to time and is pretty high ranked. i thought he knew me, but didn't i guess. on the other hand i have lent out my blueprint books, sets of armor, 1000's of peds, ESIs, etc and got them all back in the same condition i gave them in. i have also been on several hunts before they reapplied the stacking rules that we had to trust the leader. i trust my group.

Yes, and yes we always split loot "masterloot" style.

Yes definitely. We have a small tight knit group that proves themselves over and over again. And it`s been hard to find new members that can step up to the same level.

Answer to both original questions.....Hell yes!!! :yay:

yes.

:)

i think most trust issues might exist in newb (low funds, no reputation) and kinda über societies (expensive equipment). middle level societies seem to be tight friends from my experience and i like it.

Last edited:
we are family!

what else do i need to say?

Like most others have posted, of course I do. If you do not trust the people in your SOC you should probably browse over to the recruiting threads and find a new SOC. We even have people that have to go before the hunt is even done before loot distro can occur. It is not an issue at all.

yes of course... If i did not i would not be in the soc with them : ) They are all a great group of people.

Trust

I trust all Sargents and above because they have all been around, trust takes time! I would trust them all in both worlds!

:ahh:

Ofc I do trust them all. :) But is it still possible for one to collect all loot?:scratch2:

And when it comes to lend out items... I only lend out things I can lose, not
saying anyone would steal them or so, just that I don't trust MAs system to
100%...:laugh::silly2:

I trust most of my SOC mates that way, and the others I am unsure about. Also, some people in my SOC have trusted me with a LOT more than the usaual loot of a soc hunt.

That is a legit concern indeed, but most of these "soc infiltrators" can be very easily spotted with some common sense - they always mess up their "fake act" at some point.

A whole different level is when multiple persons got access to "trusted avatar" tho.

Trust is nice, but...

This is turning into a VERY interesting thread for those scumbags who are here for the trust based uber scams. :wise:

Enough to say that we trust our soc mates, imo... No reason to list what items we are willing to lend out without collateral.
That's... Dangerous. :scared:

Dragons Shadow is certainly not one of the larger or highest skilled Societies on planet by any means. But those weren't the reasons I chose to join a Soc.

I joined because I knew one one of the founders from my early days here. Then another early member took us both under his wing and taught us the finer points of Argonaut and Molisk hunting. He never had to do that. He never had to just walk up and start FAPping me that day I was trying to kill the trox that kept my wirstwatch the last time through his belly. But that guy did, and I've never forgotten.

It's not just trust, it's camradarie as well.

After all, what adventure isn't best shared with companions?

AG

(Oh, almost forgot... I do in fact trust my Soc mates!)

yes i would trust them :D

Trust is nice, but...

This is turning into a VERY interesting thread for those scumbags who are here for the trust based uber scams. :wise:

Enough to say that we trust our soc mates, imo... No reason to list what items we are willing to lend out without collateral.
That's... Dangerous. :scared:
That is a legit concern indeed, but most of these "soc infiltrators" can be very easily spotted with some common sense - they always mess up their "fake act" at some point.
Unfortunately you're wrong about that...
There ARE a couple of examples of very nasty trust scams, that wasn't discovered until the scumbag ran off with items worth many 100k peds. :mad:

Yes to varying degrees.
In my soc there are those i trust and those who are still in the process of earning it.
Trust is also a key requirement for advancement in rank in my soc so first circle people i trust the most.
people who abuse trust wont last long in my soc, as well as others (due to warnings to the leadership to other socs they may apply to)

I see many writing that if you dont trust your soc you should change soc. Its like its was 100% trust or no trust at all.

I dont believe that anyone in EU trust their ingame friends at 100% unless they are maybe longtime RLfriends or wife etc.

If a ingame friend rings at your door and ask to borrow your car or whatever.. would you gladly handover the keys?

the point is: its never 100% trust - its always a degree of trust

i trust my soc totally ofc :) those i trust 110% i have on my mobile and i know where they live .. :D

On the first sign on dishonesty among the soc members I'm sure the soc leader will take action – I know I would. What are your views on the responsibilitys of a soc leader?

It is a primary rule of our society, and as leader, definitely would take action, If I didn't then the council who participates in the decisions as a whole would tell me to, and then prob tell me to leave, which is the way it should be, imo. :)

We have the benefit of an invite only society, that gives us the chance to research our candidates at length, everyone within understands the rule of dishonesty and the effects it would have.

My society mates are friends, while I trust them immensely, there are still limits that I wouldn't want to risk that friendship for, as I am sure they feel the same.
Friendship isn't about what you can let the other person use or borrow...its about supporting and being there for them when needed.

That said, it has never been an issue in regards to teaming, everyone makes a good effort to get back split peds when they sell items ect, and it never has to be brought up, which is really nice when u need peds and a mate comes on saying oh yeah i owe you x amount for such and such....always nice :)

Our society permanently accepts new members, therefore the trust has to be earned by each new member. The higher the rank, the higher the trust.
After time of knowing eachother we get to trust eachother quite nicely and even become very good friends outside EU. But the time factor is very important.

Unfortunately you're wrong about that...
There ARE a couple of examples of very nasty trust scams, that wasn't discovered until the scumbag ran off with items worth many 100k peds. :mad:

I agree with that 100%. I have seen quite a few examples of very faimous and trusted people who abused that trust and just ran away with the money and never intend to give them back.
My advice is: be careful! People, no matter how good friends they are, can always get tempted if you lend them a too expensive item. Dont tempt them. If they are your true friends, they wont ask you to borrow that item to them anyway.

Last edited:
I trust my soc ... Absolutely. nothing else to say really.

Last edited:
yes

I would say yes ofc I would trust the ppl in my soc, but....... it would depend on how long they were there, I would always trust the ones who had been there a good while and I have gotten to know. I say this only because recently a scammer infiltrated my soc and luckily she gave back all she had been given when I confronted her about it. Aparently she had already scammed the Knights of Calypso .. luckily for us b4 I gave her any more things my soc mate had done a google search on her name and it came up with the Knights of Calypso web site article, I kicked her out pretty fast. So....... I would trust my soc dudes implicitly so long as they have not very recently joined.

Back