Doesn't ANYONE play for FUN?!?

Playing for fun isn't really the term I can use for EU at the moment, bored with very little else to do is better. I certainly don't play to make a profit because I know that I never will.

I think I need a month away from EU as the grind is beginning to get to me, I logged out mid way through a hunt yesterday because it just got so boring. I read a book on using XML with SQL Server 2005 instead and found it more entertaining :(. There are times when EU just becomes an exercise in clicking the mouse button, the cynical side to me would say MA are doing this on purpose to encourage people to quit but then I remember its always been like that, it was just when I was noob PE had some challenges to offer me.

Hopefully when CE2 is online we'll get some better AI in the mobs and hunting becomes more of a challenge, more than the point and click we have at the moment.

I play to make other people's lives a worse place. I'm the one emote spamming, whipping, doing anything I can to irritate you while you're trying to enjoy entropia. I'm like that mosquito that you just can't seem to get rid of, and it keeps flying in your ear.

I think playing for fun would be defined as buying the best L armor you can find buying the best L gun you can find and a ton of ammo and go out and kill as many biggest thing you can handle in the armor

And when you get the bill you dont think twice

That my friends is playing for fun...

I play within rules and boundaries cause im not here for fun unless you define fun from playing a long time on few peds investment

The ubers who have the biggest and best economy to use them and best armor and best faps...now they are having fun, thats fun playing the game with the fastest weapons and best gear
Shooting a breer at 34 shots a minute is not what i call fun no matter how i do it

I play to make other people's lives a worse place. I'm the one emote spamming, whipping, doing anything I can to irritate you while you're trying to enjoy entropia. I'm like that mosquito that you just can't seem to get rid of, and it keeps flying in your ear.

Thank you. :D

Fun alone...

money comes in at work, money goes out in EU

I have never played any other MMORPG or whatever they are called...lol. I was invited here by Travis Chance Morgan because he seemed to be glued to his computer every weekend...i got a "character" here to be able to chat with him as he could either play the game or IM...so i joined the game and within hours was addicted...with no thoughts whatsoever to ever deposit or even get involved in the game...but low and behold...i loved it...Chance signed me up as his disciple i learned and gathered skills, graduated and just had to do more so i deposited...and even if there are tons of other games out there that might be better...i can't see me ever even trying them out...EU has me totally hook line and sinker...i'm addicted...lol...it's more fun then any game (role playing mush's) I've ever played...there is action, socialization, crativity, adventure, peacefulness...it is the coolest escape I could ever imagine.

I play for fun...there is no question about it.

~Kate~

IMO everyone here in this post who are saying that they play this game only for fun are lying a lot. Because if they really want to play for fun then there are many other very entertaining games out there than EU. Just being honest.

Edit : Some players really have fun gambling/lose their hard earned money etc.....

hehehe Even staunch EUers probably have one or two other games they play. I know I have a couple FPS and sandbox economy space sims I greatly enjoy when EU is treating me bad.

Like I said in my first post, different people have different defintions of what fun means. So honestly I think everyone that signs on to EU is having some type of fun or they would not continue to sign on.

There are even those who just fracking enjoy complaining no matter what and I would guess they are having fun or fullfilling some need by doing it.

In fact, I came in EU to play not for fun, because I took the RCE concept for too serious (Treasure Island blah-blah-blah... CND blah-blah-blah... If they can, why can't I? Well, you know :silly2:). I tried <the other game where you can fly> and then this one, and decided to stay here (I'm a scifi nerd after all).

But when I realised (a couple of months later) that even if I'd profit that's absolutely not serious money for RL, I was already too hooked to leave ;). And another couple of months later I stopped to care even of loses, because I appreciated all the fun I got. And if I'll get a 300k ped ath tomorrow, I won't withdraw a cent of it but will spend it entirely to increase my fun in game. RL is for RL and EU is for EU.

I look at EU the same way. Just last night I was thinking about the way we dish out the gratz's when people get a global or a hof. (I do really like gettingt he gratz's btw) If I spend $100USD on ammo and then get a $25USD loot (a hof) everyone in EU is jumping for joy :p
The dollars I play with in EU are not big and as such I really don't stress about losing money on a bad hunt.

people are happy too waste £100 ($190) on a weekend on a night out or £30 ($55) going bowling as some one else said... I know not all can afford this (My wife would go nuts if i spent that much in EU in one week).

So I cant see anything wrong with spending a similar amount (maybe over a longer period of time) on playing a game which the amount above will last you all week and not just one night out..

here for fun and will continue too play untill i the fun is lost.. MA is just another company that need to make money other wise EU will be closed down.
bring on the NEW VU's bring on the NEW planets it all adds more depth and fun too the game..

I love meeting people from all over the world, I have made some great friends in EU that i would have never met. Even one of my soc mates (from th uk) are meeting up with some one from Texas, theres even possibility of love in the air.

I am glad that I play EU..

I play for fun too, but of course fun is defined in many ways. And one thing I like in entropia is that its open concept enough to have fun in a few ways :)

When I first joined EU almost 2 years ago, I really didn't understand the RCE thing, so, for sure, it was just for fun. I really enjoyed my first shot at a MMORPG. Later on, when I realized that one could get something called a "global" and that those PEDs (yes, those were the days when you could still get PEDs in loot :sigh:) translated into real cash, things changed. I started to focus on getting loot and that's when the "game" changed for me. It seemed to become an obsession to chase that "cash". (I won't tell you how many keyboards I went through as my frustration grew). Finally, I gave up the chase and started to concentrate more on the relationships I formed in-game and less on the "loot" aspect. What a difference!!

Sure, I still deposit (4k ped so far this year) but, really, I have written those $$$ off and don't actually expect anything back.

All that to say I play for fun FIRST, loot (if any) is just a bonus.

Concentrate on the plusses this "game" has to offer and you really enjoy it!!

Obsess on loot and I'll give you a link for a good keyboard retailer :laugh:

It hit me yesterday that if I can lose here 20usd in 1 hour...I better use these 20usd to pay subscription and I have guarantee fun 24/7 for whole month.

It hit me yesterday that if I can lose here 20usd in 1 hour...I better use these 20usd to pay subscription and I have guarantee fun 24/7 for whole month.

Well nothing is guaranteed. I have spent plenty of money and wasted tons of time on stinker games that were touted to be "O so great!"

Sure you can loose $20 in one hour easily in EU but the challenge is trying to find ways to stretch that $20 or even make that $20 turn into $40 or more. To me that is fun. I see disciplined people playing on their initial deposit into EU for very long times sometimes they never deposit again and they have fun doing it.

There might be ways to make cash in subscription based games but for the most part that $20 is gone each and every month whether you play or not. I can spend as little or as much as I like in EU when I want and how I want.

To each his own though if EU is not a person's cup of tea there are plenty of other ways on the net to waste cash.

Well it isn't really that fun a game, unless you like endlessly pointing and clicking at unintelligent mobs... :silly2:

Well I haven't been playing for months now because of the costs involved. However, when I did play I played for pure fun. I did PVP :)

Fun is when you see 10 atrox alpha running at you, and you s**t your self and hope you dont die.. the fight for survival is the quest,, hunting one mod at a time is more sensible but no where near as fun..

what ever your quest is in game or in RL all should be fun.. If your not enjoying your self then your life needs too change..

if making money is fun too you then why not trade in RL and EU..
If not then carry on hunting.. we know the truth about the game..nothing is never free, there is always a catch..

I had fun last night. The first three bombs on my short mining run brought me two Amples (IX), then the rest of the run was made up of find no greater than Small (V). But it was a fun, if unspectacular profit.

Running back to the nearest TP, I was jumped on my a pair of Atrox Young. I didn't have time to get my Boar on, so took them nekkid. I wasn't sure who would win this battle, but with good timing on the FAP and a plentiful supply of ammo, I kicked both their arses. No loot from either, but I did have fun.

I think this illustrates that you can have fun whether you profit from your activities or not.

Besides, I wouldn't have stuck around for two and-a-half years if I wasn't enjoying myself.

Sure as hell i play for fun, i am gaining skills and those skille will be in my ava until i cant sit down in a chair.. or atleast i dont breathe..
BUT the loss of profitable hunts makes lots of ppl gaining skills to sell out..
well well.. that is a question we should make in five years or so.. :)

Back