Don't pull mobs off us, kthxbye!

Old EU tradition. You kill your event mob but a group of ppl have tagged as many mobs as they could...you know not to be greedy or nothing. So you say f#cking 4ss h4ts stacking mobs they can't kill" and blast over your neighbors direction most furiously, not to be a dick or nothing o_O

But if you see us out hunting together, and we have a couple mobs on us, its for a reason.

If the spawn of a particular spawn is insufficient, I think (just my humble opinion) it's selfish for someone to tag/aggro all mobs around so "they" have a nice swarm while the rest around are left with basically nothing. If it's one mob ahead then I understand it (tag next mob so it arrives at about time when first one dies), but having more than two mobs on you, and wanting to keep them by yourself, is just selfish.

This is for mobs that you "claim", not extra mobs that you haven't tagged (deliberately); I mean, if I start to hunt feffs and I suddnetly get 5 big mobs around me, I wouldn't mind if someone takes one of two of them off my back, as long as I haven't started to shoot on it. I'm usually shooting at *one* of them and the one I'm shooting at I want to keep for myself. If feffs start to go rare though and I tag every feff on radar to be able to melee them (while radar is full of green dots looking for mobs), *that* would be selfish.

Maybe the core of the problem is that the spawn is simply too thin so that people start to fight for it, and the solution would be to increase the spawn. (As I don't hunt leviathan myself, I leave the support-ticket-writing to the people who do hunt leviathan.)

HAHA

1st off, who is "US" in dont tag from "us" and second this entire post will go to my box "most stupid posts ever" along with moron black hawk with his "dont fap me" thread...

I'm glad its going in your box, especially if that's where the sun don't shine :laugh:

It doesn't matter who "us" is, the point is simple, if a hunting party has mobs on them, don't pull em off, that's all.

How would you like it? Your in a team, your pulling mobs in and someone pulls the mob off you? I'm betting your not going to like it.

The op sounds witty to me maybe its your profile picture.

Well if i was shooting a mob and had 1 next to me ready to kill after i kill this one and some one taged it i will tag it back and fire at full speed at it with all i have got and leave the other half finished mob where it is.

the mobs are for everybody so witty dont tag them all ok

and its the survival off the fittest its kill or be killed with mobs or if it runs away or gets taged chase it and bring it back and kill it it

and in your op post it has some Attitude i felt intimidated by it

watch where you step in pvp you might make some good skulls and bones to hunt in pvp ( lootable )

like stated if you post is in a more friendly manner people might respond to your thread diffently

As I stated, I'm not tagging them all, usually at most we are two people, one we're killing, one in bound. That's not ALL the mobs. I'm not talking about pulling ALL the mobs in a spawn.

PVP doesn't matter to me, if my avatar goes there and dies, its not costing me anything, revival is free, it cost that other person to kill that avatar, their loss not mine.

Point taken on posting in a more friendly manner :)

IHow would you like it? Your in a team, your pulling mobs in and someone pulls the mob off you? I'm betting your not going to like it.

See it from the other side also:
Mid level hunters are looking for leviathan, which is pretty much the highest HP mob on Calypso that easily can be hunted. Then they go out lookin for mobs, and realize that all mobs they want to hunt is "claimed" by a small group of hunters. And as soon as a new red dot appears on radar, the group of hunters tag it, even though they appear to have more than enough mobs already.

I can't just from just reading this though. Maybe you're only tagging enough mobs for yourself and leaving plenty of young ones around for other hunters. Maybe it's only at certain occasions (like spontaneous sochunt with overdimensioned weapons) and not that's done every day.

Just try to think on both sides: I know about your wish to have a good kill speed with mobs "lined up". Now just to think about other hunters and their possibility to have a mob they can manage.

Hmm forum account since 2005 & still working on migration quest??
Maybe upgrade you're opalo to increase efficiency instead of making asshole posts..

Hey, nice investigation work there Sherlock, I'm guessing you missed the gaps in play, but ya, I've traded in my Opalo, thanks for the tip though, you might take your own advice about asshole posts :laugh:

How would you like it? Your in a team, your pulling mobs in and someone pulls the mob off you? I'm betting your not going to like it.

I would think it would be silly and no point at all to pull a mob from someone else, especially if there are other mobs around, unless they look to be in serious trouble.

When I hunt, unless it's a spider I usually do say 20% damage on the mob before it reaches me so it should be obvious that I'm on my way killing it. And tagging more than one mob either means expensive fapping for me or a costly armor repair bill (though I'm still waiting for my ghost footguard to reach 0.9 so I can tier it up heh).

If the spawn of a particular spawn is insufficient, I think (just my humble opinion) it's selfish for someone to tag/aggro all mobs around so "they" have a nice swarm while the rest around are left with basically nothing. If it's one mob ahead then I understand it (tag next mob so it arrives at about time when first one dies), but having more than two mobs on you, and wanting to keep them by yourself, is just selfish.

This is for mobs that you "claim", not extra mobs that you haven't tagged (deliberately); I mean, if I start to hunt feffs and I suddnetly get 5 big mobs around me, I wouldn't mind if someone takes one of two of them off my back, as long as I haven't started to shoot on it. I'm usually shooting at *one* of them and the one I'm shooting at I want to keep for myself. If feffs start to go rare though and I tag every feff on radar to be able to melee them (while radar is full of green dots looking for mobs), *that* would be selfish.

Maybe the core of the problem is that the spawn is simply too thin so that people start to fight for it, and the solution would be to increase the spawn. (As I don't hunt leviathan myself, I leave the support-ticket-writing to the people who do hunt leviathan.)

Right, this isn't about tagging every mob in the spawn, or even taking more mobs than we need at the time like I've seen some do, its about taking what we need and other people taking them off you when there are more around for them to take instead of the one that's on us. One of the reason I don't go to the levi spawn. There's no place for me to go to get away from it, so I don't go if there's more GDs than RDs.

I would think it would be silly and no point at all to pull a mob from someone else, especially if there are other mobs around

Right, but they do, that's what I'm talking about.

When I hunt, unless it's a spider I usually do say 20% damage on the mob before it reaches me so it should be obvious that I'm on my way killing it. And tagging more than one mob either means expensive fapping for me or a costly armor repair bill (though I'm still waiting for my ghost footguard to reach 0.9 so I can tier it up heh).

There's a difference between hunting in team and hunting alone. It doesn't make sense to pull more on you than you can currently handle when your alone. But in team, you can "fill the pipeline" because of the increased dps.

Everyone is free to do whatever they please in-game

Except to tell others what they can or can't do.

If I see you, I now will be ever so tempted to pull a mob off you.
Feel free to hold a grudge
:laugh:

I second that :laugh:

I don't see why this should cause a problem unless there's limited mobs (or too many mobs and you're spraying mobs onto other people). For instance in a busy migration spawn there can be limited mobs. If I'm running around looking for mobs and you've got four surrounding you, yep, I'll have one of those.

I don't see why this should cause a problem unless there's limited mobs (or too many mobs and you're spraying mobs onto other people). For instance in a busy migration spawn there can be limited mobs. If I'm running around looking for mobs and you've got four surrounding you, yep, I'll have one of those.

Right. We're not spraying mobs on to other people. If there are only a few mobs and too many green dots, we'll most likely move somewhere else. We're not going to be tagging every mob in the spawn and we're not going to have four on us.

Last edited:
Oh and thanks for all the +/- rep you crack me up :laugh:

Ok, let me draw a picture for you visual learners having a hard time grasping the concept...

lol @ my uber paint skllz :laugh:

nice artwork, you should put it on ingame auction and see how much you can sell it for :wise:

Ok, let me draw a picture for you visual learners having a hard time grasping the concept...

ROFL! I think MindArk should put that as the login screen image!

Menace

Reactions: Mac

ROFL at awesome pic:lolup:

Reactions: Mac
Great picture Mac..:)

;) + rep....love it..love it..

I think Mac missed his calling Blondie..LOL! I can just see him sketching this ferociously at the breakfast table..:laugh: On another note..it was great meeting you two out at Corinth the other night..:D:D

Onto topic,i hope no one takes it seriously, cause in most cases ppl are grateful if you help them while they have two atroxes chewing their precious armors and such. And i am not going to check if it is you or if it is someone who needs help, i help em anyways. 9times out of ten i get "thank you" and 10% i get someone posting whining thread on "PCF".

PS! You can always hunt in pvp, and shoot any mob stealing bastards.

Just wanted to say, if I have 2 longtooths on me then I am in big trouble. Feel free to pull the uninjured one off me. But if I am surrounded by merps I can take care of it thanks.

Who the fuck is anyone here :laugh:

No, you didn't miss the memo, this is the memo :laugh:

so , if i dont know who you are , dont complain i tag " your mobs"...
how i can know who dont want help if you dont let us know who you are...

Why i take mobs of other people ?
Because most of time , people who agros 3 or 4 mobs are not abel to handel them... then they die like fly , their mobs come to me , and i get overloaded...

I understand you perfectly Mac. Thanks for the very detailed illustration though. You are definitely an artist my friend!

Its interesting to see who helps who and why.

I see is there are people out there who get into situations they can't handle and need or want help. I've seen people do stuff from inexperience and get themselves into trouble. Fine, help them, even if its to save yourself trouble. But there are other people who don't need or want help because they have it under control. We, and some others that responded to me saying thanks for posting feel the same way, have been around long enough to know how to hunt a spawn. We know how not to get overloaded and loose agro. We don't take more that we need. If you were in the same spawn and watched us hunt you could see that we know what we're doing, if your pulling off us, its not because your trying to save us, or because your trying to protect your own ass, your doing it for other reasons. See the difference?

Back