EBN: CDF reveals plan for orb close-down

Major Carramone & Ms Nakajima are evil !

Duchev is our only hope !

Closing down the orbs ? After we had so much fun with these ? o_O

Loot the helmets, but DO NOT trade em to Carramone !
I repeat:
Loot the helmets, but DO NOT trade em to Carramone !

Ill explain later.

I had a feeling this event wouldn't be long when they announced that a mumant had a special helmet :eek:

Pfftt!! I ain't gettin sucked in to this one.... :mad:
I'll be keeping my cash in my pocket this time around. Once again... spend thousands of PEDs killing mutants so that you have a 1:100000 chance of getting a helmet.... sounds pretty lame to me.

On top of that..... after all the thought, and theories, and "brainstorming" put into the orb storyline by the players.. they're just gonna end it like that? "Um...we have a thingy.... it will make the Orbs go away.... Get me helmets so the thingy will work...."

Shame on you FPC! That's a disgrace and an insult to the players who've followed this storyline faithfully and put alot of time into attempting to solve the Orb Mystery!

I'll be keeping my cash in my pocket this time around. Once again... spend thousands of PEDs killing mutants so that you have a 1:100000 chance of getting a helmet.... sounds pretty lame to me.

On top of that..... after all the thought, and theories, and "brainstorming" put into the orb storyline by the players.. they're just gonna end it like that? "Um...we have a thingy.... it will make the Orbs go away.... Get me helmets so the thingy will work...."

Shame on you FPC! That's a disgrace and an insult to the players who've followed this storyline faithfully and put alot of time into attempting to solve the Orb Mystery!

really well said Menace,

though im still undecided, i really love planet calypso because i think a lot of players will go far with them so i don't wish to descredit them on there story lines because i no it takes a lot of time to work them out and do them... the orbs have bee around now for what, a year? so, I'm not sure if i agree but i think its really well said and i can see where your coming from totally.

Maybe the Orbs were supposed to be gates to the new planets, but the idea got canceled...lol -_-

holy cow look at thoes stats! some are kinda meh but 93 pen, 72 burn. holy cow! thoe i have to say this helmet looks better if it was backwards.
make that grey colored area seen threw like a visor and it would actual look really cool.
btw who is kraster? someone from beyond the orbs pulling the strings?

Its done.....

now it's worthless...
Bob should have listened to McCormick...
He might as well give it to me and I'll see what I can do :rolleyes:

you can go hide in my apartment if yah like, lol.

The orb whispers to you through the helmet.
The voices creep into your mind.
They are the voices of Lady Kraster...
Kraster what ? :laugh:

Are item descriptions engraved into items btw. ?

If not, how does one know its the voices of Lady Kraster that are...ahhhh the Storyline !!! -_-

no traveling to the other side for us ehh? or well without a device or genetic mod everything would appear pitch black to us.
2 mutant clans and we have the 3 mu variants, umbras, fef, the shaman and club wielders who i forgot the name of, thoes little things with blade arms, argo, molisks (which don't seem to be partaking?), any others i missed?

When this "event" started, it brought about the return of the umbranoids. Since they kicked it into high gear last week, the Umbranoids returned to some of the camps, in greater maturities, and with allies.

If I had to place a bet, the two "clans" are the Mulaak-hir and the Mulaak'f. The slight variation on the name makes it plausible, and both are now beating the crap out of me at the Umbranoid camps.

umbra dropped the female helm, so one of the others at the umbra camp must have the male.

Did you equip it and stand under the orb???

What did it say???

BOOO! ? :silly2:

I can´t believe that the orb story is going to have such an anti-climatic ending.

Come on, let us see the underworld.

I can´t believe that the orb story is going to have such an anti-climatic ending.

Come on, let us see the underworld.

I can totally believe it. :(

At least the orb "story" is getting an ending...

Am I reading this wrong, or is what they are saying basically this:

Two helmets will drop a M and F (F one already has).

Winners give to EDF, orbs are closed, end of story...?

If so then wow, what a sad unimaginative way to close this story.

Hope I am wrong:)

This ending (if it is the ending without a twist) then it is sad especially the work the original storyline had but seeing as that was all written by an outside TV production company and had to tie in with a tv show (although not very well) and not written down the pub on the back of a beer mat in a spare 10 minutes.

Am I reading this wrong, or is what they are saying basically this:

Two helmets will drop a M and F (F one already has).

Winners give to EDF, orbs are closed, end of story...?

If so then wow, what a sad unimaginative way to close this story.

Hope I am wrong:)

So ..EDF wants the helmets and will close the orbs when they get them eh?
Anyone with a helmet has them pretty much over a barrel on price then don't they? Keep the helmet, the storyline gets messy doesn't it? The orbs stay..

Any storyline beats no storline, especially ones with items to be looted and prizes ....beats that madass TV BS where we all chased some silly woman all over the planet for absolutely nothing at all :laugh:

Keep the helmets, make 'em beg I say ;)

t

OK, here's my take at the end of the storyline.

The CDF creates a super-secret device that can disrupt the orbs, but the Umbras are ready! The Umbra leadership quickly take the two things that the CDF needs and hides them for ransom.

Hmm... how does the CDF raise the ridiculous amount of PED the umbras want to go away? They try defiance.

Carramone shouts "You will never make us pay! Do your worst!"

The umbra Lord Kraster sends back the head of one of his captives in a box, with a note attached "You will never see CE2 until you pay."

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH, screams Carramone, as her possessing spirit Marco the Infrequently Communicative writhes in agony. *This will never do!* whines Marco, directly into her cerebral cortex. *My Infernal Masters demand that CE2 be perpetually available, though never implemented! Having it formally unavailable will cause me to be suspended in monkey vomit head down! Fix it, woman! Fix it!!*

Wracking her brain, she realizes the only way is something she has used before. Surely, SURELY the colonists aren't stupid enough to throw their money down the same hole they did two months ago... even back on earth, where citizens have been specially bred to be stupid sheep, the government has to dress up the same ol', same ol' in a bright frock before people will buy into it...

BUt it's the only choice she has... *cue ominous music*

Maybe they should put a helmet on The Egg and see what happens??

well if you hold the helmets for ransom they will probably be like, "so and so just found out another way to close the orbs and realized that the helmets were a ploy by the evil mutants to lure us humans to our destruction......"

Arf

Back