FYI: Economy, Decay, Dynamic Loot, and you.

The difference in amp decay is because Korss uses 8 ammo and P5A uses 9. I think this test will only be able to confirm there is variation in loot. Another interesting test I mentioned before:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-vs-regen-adjusts-you-say-8.html#post1849203

You can see that even without globals and mini's the loot variation is almost 90%.

Code:
                 Apis&dante     h40
Time to kill        20,49       102,02
Kills               226         145       
Loot                1161,85     1199,75   
Cost/kill           4,37        7,12      
Cost                1002,46     1035,32
What I find interesting here, is that the system is effectively rewarding you for spending X amount of ped, and not killing X amount of mobs. It doesn't matter so much the "mob eco" you use to kill something, as it only matters what you spend with the guns.

However, we need a definitive test to see if this trend (of making up for the losses, personal loot pool) is maintained outside of individual kills, or is an effect therein of this process, and doesn't need to be accounted for in the long term, if it's accounted for in the short term.

Code:
Avg w/o big loots   2,52        4,97 
Avg with big loots  5,14        8,27

For the Apis, small loots are about 49%, and for the H40, the small loots are about 60%. Of course, the problem here is that the "big" non-global loots are not counted. I suppose that if those were counted too, such as any loot that is bigger than 5x the kill cost, small loots would range between 40% and 45% (just like in crafting, SR is around this value).

What this test shows, is that you get more loot per damage done. Like mrproper said, not per mob killed.

However, it doesn't show you getting more loot per ped spent. To prove this, you need to go on no-regen mobs.

I already assumed you got more loot per dmg done, otherwise killing regen mobs would always show you at a major loss. I thought most people assumed this, but it's good to have it confirmed.

However, within a personal loot pool, you would get more per ped spent. This, I do not believe.

Remember, you can do the same total damage for a lower cost.. dependent on eco of gun and armor/fap

Last edited:
The difference in amp decay is because Korss uses 8 ammo and P5A uses 9. I think this test will only be able to confirm there is variation in loot. Another interesting test I mentioned before:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-vs-regen-adjusts-you-say-8.html#post1849203

You can see that even without globals and mini's the loot variation is almost 90%.

As for amp decay difference, I'm not even looking at korss, his p5a amp decay and gun decay is way off what it should be if he clicked 20200 times, which with that amp (1pec ammo) and p5a 9pec ammo, total 10 pec ammo, and 2020 ped ammo total = 20,200 times. His decay numbers are off, so he's recording data wrong :(

However, within a personal loot pool, you would get more per ped spent. This, I do not believe.

Remember, you can do the same total damage for a lower cost.. dependent on eco of gun and armor/fap
You can do the same damage with less costs (better mob eco), but in the end, loot will reflect costs. Not number of kills. There goes one "random" factor in loot...

Again, the game's purpose is to make you spend money, get less in return, give you sensations by varying loot values and contents, but in such a way that the house always wins. With a fixed base loot of 40-50%, thus negatively biased, and with random jackpots of specific values and frequencies, everything works just fine.

You can do the same damage with less costs (better mob eco), but in the end, loot will reflect costs. Not number of kills. There goes one "random" factor in loot...

Again, the game's purpose is to make you spend money, get less in return, give you sensations by varying loot values and contents, but in such a way that the house always wins. With a fixed base loot of 40-50%, thus negatively biased, and with random jackpots of specific values and frequencies, everything works just fine.

Well, this is yet to be proved, even if it may be true.

There is a test going on atm that I am following, that should give us a clue as to whether the pec loot per dmg done increases if your dmg/pec decreases as would be true in a personal loot pool scenario.

Back