"END OF SUMMER PARTY" - (VIDEO) ... "A Surprise Proposal That Led To An Engagement"

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
Words just aren't enough ... because the "End of Summer Party" that Oleg pulled together, was just a mask for the REAL purpose of this big bash at Deathifier's castle on Saturday, September 27th.

A LITTLE HISTORY

Quite some time ago ... Compusmurf got in touch with me and shared that he was on the verge of proposing to SoftHart, but he wanted to do it in a very special way. I gave him some suggestions, he did a little thinking on his own, and the ball started rolling. The result was Oleg producing an end of Summer bash at Deathifier's castle (which was definitely a legitimate reason to have a party), but it was just a disguise for the REAL event, that only a few of us knew about.

It was all a labor of love ... the enthusiasm and the energy began to magnify, and it wasn't long before a small team of people were making the magic happen ... Oleg created the event thread and led the troops onward ... Deathifier offered his castle, as well as strategically placing the two gigantium signs at the appropriate time ... an ingame ad was created with 50%+ viewing ... Moonfish was contacted and graciously agreed to provide a music set for the occasion - Xeno assisted Moonfish and gave us some of the most creative and funny commercials and news broadcasts I think we've ever heard ... MA Guide "Simon" was recruited at the party to make the announcement for all party goers to gather in the castle courtyard at the appropriate time ... and Compusmurf? ... well, he was focused on keeping his nerves under control. :silly2:

I have to say ... it was THE most magnificent party EVER at the castle, and the people who attended made it the incredible success it turned out to be. The EU community never fails to bring the entertainment, the fashion, and even a few extra guests.

I offer you ... one covert mission, that ended most spectacularly! :yay:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv1KJzUgITo[/YOUTUBE]

Congratulations Again
"Compusmurf & SoftHart"

May Your Love and Life
Last an Eternity

VIDEO # 2

More - "End of Summer Party"

Last edited:
what happened? :scratch:

what happened? :scratch:

Meaning ... did she say YES? :laugh: Well, not only the title of this thread says that "a proposal led to an engagement" ... but the video title says ... "a surprise engagement" ... so what do YOU think? :scratch2:

Wow ! What a great sttooorrrryyyy !!! :ahh:

To two of the nicest people in Entropia that I've had the pleasure to know - may you have a wonderful, fabulous life together as Mr. and Mrs. Compusmurf :D
:shower: :cheer: :dance: :wtg: :love:

About the movie - well done, Mindstar ! :thumbup:

I'm not surprised that Nadie won for fashion!! :naughty:
And I love the foul at the end .. he was underdressed, though. :wise:

Words just aren't enough ... because the "End of Summer Party" that Oleg pulled together, was just a mask for the REAL purpose of this big bash at Deathifier's castle on Saturday, September 27th.

A LITTLE HISTORY

Quite some time ago ... Compusmurf got in touch with me and shared that he was on the verge of proposing to SoftHart, but he wanted to do it in a very special way. I gave him some suggestions, he did a little thinking on his own, and the ball started rolling. The result was Oleg producing an end of Summer bash at Deathifier's castle (which was definitely a legitimate reason to have a party), but it was just a disguise for the REAL event, but only a few of us knew this.

It was all a labor of love ... the enthusiasm and the energy began to magnify, and it wasn't long before a small team of people were making the magic happen ... Oleg created the event thread and led the troops onward ... Deathifier offered his castle, as well as strategically placing the two gigantium signs at the appropriate time ... an ingame ad was created with 50%+ viewing ... Moonfish was contacted and graciously agreed to provide a music set for the occasion - Xeno assisted Moonfish and gave us some of the most creative and funny commercials and news broadcasts I think we've ever heard ... MA Guide "Simon" was recruited at the party to make the announcement for all party goers to gather in the castle courtyard at the appropriate time ... and Compusmurf? ... well, he was focused on keeping his nerves under control. :silly2:

I have to say ... it was THE most magnificent party EVER at the castle, and the people who attended made it the incredible success it turned out to be. The EU community never fails to bring the entertainment, the fashion, and even a few extra guests.

I offer you ... one covert mission, that ended most spectacularly! :yay:

[youtube]fv1KJzUgITo[/youtube]

Congratulations Again
"Compusmurf & SoftHart"

May Your Love and Life
Last an Eternity

The video editing and the music were SUPERB! :yay::yay:

Fantastic video MS9! I enjoyed it very much :yup:

PS - ty for adding me and RexE in it ! :tiphat:

I think people spend too much time at their pc.. if you must know.

Dear DJ ... this thread is in celebration of Comp and Softy's engagement, if you don't have anything special to say to them, then please stay out of the thread and let everyone else enjoy it. Thank you!

Thanks MS9 for a great vid of a fantastic party :yay:

I love how MA spawned that fruit at the steps for us :laugh:

Congratulations to the happy couple :)

Awww Great Video :grouphug: How can I get a copy? :)

The Fouls were great!!! Glad they could make it. :)

MS9, you did an awesome job on the video!

You're invited to the wedding to film too! However, we haven't set a date for that yet.

*** Sorry Oleg, I doubt that the wedding will be held in EU, so if you want to come and plan, it's a long flight to Florida!!!

OMFG, That was so Great of you MS9, that was the best so far and you have outdone yourself,...Also Congrates to the Newlyweds to be, you couldnt ask for a better send off,...I salute you both.:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Just as an FYI ... I like the multi-quote posting that we can do, but ... because we are limited to only 12 images, I wasn't able to quote each person I responded to, even after attempting to remove some of the duplicate smilies. :( Therefore ... I made sure I used each person's name so it was clear who I was responding to. :D

Thank you Danielle ... it's quite the story indeed, and I appreciate your comment about the video. Oh ya, those Foul must have missed the dress code for sure. :laugh:

Thanks Levi ... and including you and Rex was easy with your colorful and matching outfits. The two of you were a bit of a fashion statement throughout the party with your changes, so that keeps it interesting. ;)

It was my pleasure Oleg ... I wanted to do the video so that Comp and Softy had something special as a remembrance. And oh ya, the fruit spawn at the bottom of the steps just couldn't have been more perfect. It was there when I left also, because we can't pick it up. :hammer:

Glad you enjoyed it Softy ... we'll chat about how we can get you a copy of it . Yes, the Fouls were a fun part of the party, and I'm wondering how many caught the one chasing someone during the fireworks display, and while crossing from left to right near the bottom of the video screen, it looks like they might have tripped over someone's foot and fell, and they slid across the ground. :flip:

Happy you liked the video as well Comp ... and WhooHoo, an invite to the RL wedding when it happens. Considering the two of you only live like 30 minutes away from me, that shouldn't be too difficult. :wtg:

Thank you Tango ... your comments are much appreciated. One of these days I'm hoping I have enough time to spend hours and hours just playing with my video editing features so that I can enhance the effects more. I'm still a novice, but my thing is more presenting storyline content that has an effect on the viewer in one way or another, and hopefully positive. :D

I have to say ... it's been an interesting journey from the old days in early 2005 when I started as the "EU Picture Storyteller" to today producing videos (since early 2007) ... I want to maintain the storytelling feature of the process, and while I've made many videos, I feel I have a ways to go before I'm comfortable with the transition. :)

And speaking of videos ... I took SO much footage, because there was just that much fun activity going on, that I'm going to be making a second video of this fabulous party. It will contain all the other crazy stuff, and different highlights that I wasn't able to include in this video. Not sure when I'll have it complete, but I'll post it as soon as I have the opportunity to play around with it.

Thanks to everyone for the comments ... it was an awesome party, and I'm glad that it played out so beautifully for Comp and Softy ... they really deserved this day to be special. :D

MS9, you did an awesome job on the video!

You're invited to the wedding to film too! However, we haven't set a date for that yet.

*** Sorry Oleg, I doubt that the wedding will be held in EU, so if you want to come and plan, it's a long flight to Florida!!!

As I said on Saturday, if you're paying for the flight I'll gladly come along :laugh:

Fantastic effort MS9, it really captures the essence of the party and Compusmurf's special proposal to Softhart :)

Can't wait to see the next ones, "Foul Dancing", "Bristlehog Sweating" and "Hogglo Suicide" - all at the same party!

Bye,
Deathifier

wow huge congrats to you guys and wow to the community for coming together like this to make a truly special moment!

MS9 was a great video that really captured the moment for all to share that was not even at the event!

Fantastic effort MS9, it really captures the essence of the party and Compusmurf's special proposal to Softhart :)

Can't wait to see the next ones, "Foul Dancing", "Bristlehog Sweating" and "Hogglo Suicide" - all at the same party!

Bye,
Deathifier

Thank you very much ... I think capturing the essence of the party was first and foremost on my mind since I was actually doing the video for Comp and Softy as a remembrance of their special day. However, as I indicated earlier, there was so much going on that I caught a lot on film, but couldn't include it in just one video, so another one will be made. I missed the Bristlehog sweating and the Hogglo suicide, so perhaps someone else has gotten pics or footage of it that they can share.

Thanks also to you too "D" ... for helping pull this very special party together. Your home provides a beautiful setting for parties such as these, and I know those who have used it are very appreciative of your generosity to open it up to the community.

wow huge congrats to you guys and wow to the community for coming together like this to make a truly special moment!

MS9 was a great video that really captured the moment for all to share that was not even at the event!

Hey there Nicole ... always good to see you pop in now and then, and thanks for the comment. One of the things I try to do with my videos of events such as this one, is design it in a way that allows those who were unable to attend the event, at least enough of a flavor of it to get a feel for what took place. Sometimes there's SO much going on, that it warrants more than one video. :D

Great video as always :wtg: Love the butterflies :yay: :yay:

Excellent video presentation...And gratz to the two lovebirds :)

By, by jingo's, Deathifier, what happened to the bloody Aussie war esky!? :silly2: :laugh:

Excellent video presentation...And gratz to the two lovebirds :)

By, by jingo's, Deathifier, what happened to the bloody Aussie war esky!? :silly2: :laugh:

It was temporarily relocated to floor two (the point in time where I got tired of walking and unloaded everything) :)

It'll be back in action shortly!

Bit hard to hold a party with a giant esky in the middle of it :D

- Deathifier

Thank you very much ... I think capturing the essence of the party was first and foremost on my mind since I was actually doing the video for Comp and Softy as a remembrance of their special day. However, as I indicated earlier, there was so much going on that I caught a lot on film, but couldn't include it in just one video, so another one will be made. I missed the Bristlehog sweating and the Hogglo suicide, so perhaps someone else has gotten pics or footage of it that they can share.

Thanks also to you too "D" ... for helping pull this very special party together. Your home provides a beautiful setting for parties such as these, and I know those who have used it are very appreciative of your generosity to open it up to the community.

Hey there Nicole ... always good to see you pop in now and then, and thanks for the comment. One of the things I try to do with my videos of events such as this one, is design it in a way that allows those who were unable to attend the event, at least enough of a flavor of it to get a feel for what took place. Sometimes there's SO much going on, that it warrants more than one video. :D

Here is a screenie of that Bhog ... :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Is that what we call " Party Animal" ? :laugh::laugh:

Huge gratz and good luck to you 2 comp and softy, i'd like to come to the wedding as well, just a short drive for me as well, would be awesome, maybe take rl footage and merge it with EU images could be a cool vid, maybe cool idea for mindstar.

:yay: Gratz to Compusmurf and SoftHart! May it be the beginning of a long and happy life together! :yay:

Nice work on the video MS9!

Cheers :beerchug:

Fab video MS9!

:)

Huge gratz to both if you! :D

Gratz to the happy couple :) Nice vid too Star.

I don't know the couple so wasn't aware of the 'special purpose' of the party, but to any detractors who say we spend too much time in front of the pc, um, suspect we are all guilty of that one really, and if a couple are in love and together in real life, and have the added benefit of playing and enjoying the experience in game together as well, more power to them (as long as pc time together doesn't substitute for what you could be doing for real together too much ;)) Personally I think it was a sweet idea, and no doubt there was a irl proposal as well of course.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it, was on a laggy laptop at the time, wasn't prepared at all for the overdose of lag there would have been for me there :laugh: Ty anyway for the invites folks, and again, gratz and all the best for your future Compusmurf and Softhart.

Great video as always :wtg: Love the butterflies :yay: :yay:

Thanks Rocky ... and I love the butterflies too ... timing is everything! :D

Here is a screenie of that Bhog ... :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Is that what we call " Party Animal" ? :laugh::laugh:

Thanks for posting the pic Levi ... yes, I would say that we had a few party animals at the castle, but that's what makes it interesting. I missed the whole Hogglo thingy though, what happened with that? My challenge is, I have to have the hud off when I film, and doing that, I miss a lot of the chat that goes by, or an alert that something is going to happen ... like someone bringing a mob into the courtyard. I move around and capture as much of the action as I can, but if filming one thing, there's always the chance of missing something else. Oh ya, and there's also those pee breaks. :laugh:

Huge gratz and good luck to you 2 comp and softy, i'd like to come to the wedding as well, just a short drive for me as well, would be awesome, maybe take rl footage and merge it with EU images could be a cool vid, maybe cool idea for mindstar.

That would be cool ... mixing the RL event with something virtual. Something to think about. :D

Gratz to the happy couple :) Nice vid too Star.

... Personally I think it was a sweet idea, and no doubt there was a irl proposal as well of course.

Thanks Lee ... and yes, there was an IRL proposal that went along with what happened ingame. Comp was in PM with me and said that she was having an emotional moment, and I'm sure that's why her avatar wasn't moving or responding for a while. It was a very special day for both of them, and since they're together IRL while playing EU, it made it all that much more special, BUT ... I'm sure challenging for Comp with the planning. It all went off super, and it's now official. :yay:

Last edited:
LOL, after watching the video and seeing folks' screenshots, there is alot I missed too.

I had no less than 4 IM windows open the whole time trying to keep everyone coordinated so that certain things happened at the same time, so I ended up missing alot of it as well! Great to see the screenshots and soon, more video footage!

Plus doing all of it without looking suspicious to Miss Softhart who was using her PC no less than 5ft from me.

Of course, I have no fingernails left. I chewed them down to stubs with the nervousness, etc. I am SOOO relieved she said yes!!!! :wtg:

Congratulations to you!

Great video MS9 :)

LOL, after watching the video and seeing folks' screenshots, there is alot I missed too.

I had no less than 4 IM windows open the whole time trying to keep everyone coordinated so that certain things happened at the same time, so I ended up missing alot of it as well! Great to see the screenshots and soon, more video footage!

Plus doing all of it without looking suspicious to Miss Softhart who was using her PC no less than 5ft from me.

Of course, I have no fingernails left. I chewed them down to stubs with the nervousness, etc. I am SOOO relieved she said yes!!!! :wtg:

"Yes" is an awesome word ... and sometimes even when we're pretty sure of something, there's never a guarantee, BUT ... I had a gut feeling that this would turn out the way it was meant to ... although, it wouldn't be part of the tradition if the nervous energy was taken away ... you guys deserve to experience that. ;)

I'll be working on the other video today ... it'll be one of those fun things that capture more of the crowd and the goings on. I'll use another kind of music to add a different flavor to it. :D

many, many congratulations to you guys :)

Back