Entropia Universe 14.6 Release Notes

Feedback???

How about this- It sucks.

It sucks beyond the level of suckiness of anything that has come before it.

Words do not do justice to the degree to which this sucks.

Up until this point, I could not have imagined that any one thing could suck this much.

Black holes throughout the universe are having an existential crisis because they don't suck nearly as much as this new UI.

Please remove all of it.

Get this crap off of my screen.

Agreed...and I have to ask Why?

Never heard a massive amount of complaints about the old chat interface tbh....

Feedback???

How about this- It sucks.

It sucks beyond the level of suckiness of anything that has come before it.

Words do not do justice to the degree to which this sucks.

Up until this point, I could not have imagined that any one thing could suck this much.

Black holes throughout the universe are having an existential crisis because they don't suck nearly as much as this new UI.

Please remove all of it.

Get this crap off of my screen.

if you ask me the whole game sucks .

I got only 16 ped in loot from 50 ped hunt right after I was able to log in after 24 hours due to GC bug , what idiot came up with the new chat system ? I dont recall anyone complaining about the old system ? the game is just not what it used to be

Althou there's a few troublemakers it seems we have enough ppl in EU who don't mind looking at few ads now and then (say, 1 ad in every 2 seconds). Do u know how much money Google makes with ads? Nevermind the whiners, this is a serious business opportunity! :wtg:

ads.jpg

Althou there's a few troublemakers it seems we have enough ppl in EU who don't mind looking at few ads now and then (say, 1 ad in every 2 seconds). Do u know how much money Google makes with ads? Nevermind the whiners, this is a serious business opportunity! :wtg:

ads.jpg

I dont think it will fit.. the carrot is way too big :silly2::laugh:

Oh it's about advertisements? I think it's a great idea :thumbup:

Yeah, I can see it now, we get ads unless we get a premium subscription. Holy fuck, why do you people post this crap?

On the upside, the ad is more readable than the chat box.

When I press the key to display the Entropia Time, it shows the local time of my PC instead of the EU Time. :scratch2:

Has anyone the same issue?

Accessibility for people with impairments.

A person with a physical impairment is not disabled... it is the world they live in and the thoughtlessness of others that disables them.

It appears that Sweden unlike the UK has no statutory requirement for accessibility to the web and web apps.
It does however have guidance
In Sweden, Verva, the Swedish Administrative Development Agency is responsible for a set of guidelines for Swedish public sector web sites. Through the guidelines, Web accessibility is presented as an integral part of the overall development process and not as a separate issue.

The Swedish guidelines contain criteria which cover the entire lifecycle of a website; from its conception to the publication of live web content. These criteria address several areas which should be considered, including:
accessibility
usability
web standards

While I am fully aware that this is a game, not a public sector website, are the developers really so ignorant of advice such as this, just too lazy to follow even the basics, or do they just not give a **** ? :dunce:

Come on MA let the world see that Sweden can not just follow best practice but actually be leaders in it.
Programming for accessibility will actual improve the usability for all players.

1. Nice dark background to any panels containing text
2. High contrast colours for the text.
3. Selection of very disparate colours (player selectable) to enable people to pick what works for them.
4. Reduce clutter not increase it, at this rate we will soon be unable to play due to lack of visible game area. Get rid of the unnecessarily large headers.
5. I like the idea mentioned earlier of using boxes that slide in from the side or even drop downs, so we only need an icon until we use the window in question (chat or fl etc)
6. Anyone with a visual impairment struggles with large volumes of test.. this system has increased that. Can we please turn off repair and heal messages so we can actually see skill lines. Too much info is worse than none, and gets in the way of player enjoyment.

and here's a thought :idea:

How about testing new interfaces on real players and on different set ups before inflicting it on the whole player base.
New Pc's and older models, laptops, single and dual screen, wide and standard..
Youngsters and older models lol
get some real feedback and do the tweaks before go live...
I think you would be amazed at how much respect you would gain from your player base. How much more likely people would be to give you money and keep giving you money, if you only sat back and really really listened to them, and were seen to act on it.

I love this game, I want to be here 10+ years like many of my friends have... please make it somewhere I want to stay :computer:

Message center

I like the new messag center. But some things have to be changed.

-Auction item names should fit. For example "Mining Finder Depth Enhancer I" are displayed as "Mining Finder Depth Enhan...". Is it I, II, III ... X ?
-Please ban those "Entering land area" messages from the message center. They are useless(for me) and are shown in the same way as auction messages, when message center is closed.
-Give us back this flashing hammer, when a auction has ended.

I agree to the others, that the chat colors are terrible.

A couple more thoughts regarding the UI (sorry if was already posted, too many threads about the same):

• Chat histories (up/down arrows) should be independent for each channel. When I press 'Arrow Up' in #trade, I shouldn't see the previous message from #Soc - besides convenience, it will save from accidental wc's that happen all the time now.
  • There should be a way to temporarily minimize windows without moving all their channels to other windows. E.g., I want to hide a window with trade/rookie channels but keep the one with PMs. At least they should fold the way the old UI's private chats did fold (so you saw only a header), at best - there should be a panel from which you could select which windows you'd like to see now. Naturally, windows should remember their positions on screen.
  • Commands like /listmembers without parameters should work for the currently selected channel

...important words about disabled needs and accessibility...

There should be the well-known check box to 'enable accessibility' where everything turns high contrast.

dont do it by default, but make it available.

There should be the well-known check box to 'enable accessibility' where everything turns high contrast.

dont do it by default, but make it available.

Accessibility is not just "high contrast". For a good layperson description of why people need low contrast see this: http://askubuntu.com/questions/10104/why-do-some-people-need-low-contrast-themes

I think its worth saying here that the built-in windows screen magnifier program works reasonably well with EU. Haven't had time to try 3rd party ones or see if / how screen readers work with EU.

A lot of people don't like the colors, not just old/impaired vision people. It's a bad choice of colors.

The only good choice that would make everyone happy would be a 16-bit color picker like in graphic editors and some other games.

The only good choice that would make everyone happy would be a 16-bit color picker like in graphic editors and some other games.

It would me, that color picker type thing for all of it , the fonts and the background. If that happens I will eat my hat though !

Shadow Priest eh :D

Well, found out something new today, my chat gets completely fucked up when one team globals.
The last thing i can see in the chat is: [Global]: Team "
And then nothing, need to relog to fix it, checked the log and it said this:
2014-03-25 20:28:10 [Local] [] Team "<3" killed a creature (Feffox Prowler) with a value of 409 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

(For those not familiar with HTML entities " = " ... < = < .... so the team name is <3 ... which fucks up the thing.
For the moment i'm turning off all the chats and just staying on the System pane with only dmg/healing shown.

Also, why cannot we see dmg/healing/skills/tiers in other tabs than System? Would be nice.

Also, why cannot we see dmg/healing/skills/tiers in other tabs than System? Would be nice.

Ehm, you can, by rightclicking the tab where you want to see it and selecting System...

Ehm, you can, by rightclicking the tab where you want to see it and selecting System...
You apparently haven't tried this yourself?
It only shows "target evaded", nothing else, in the tabs (no dmg done/received, healing done/received, skills, tiers) if "system" is selected.

Or don't tell me this works for some people and not for others?

Well, found out something new today, my chat gets completely fucked up when one team globals.
The same for me, though I don't log out and it fixes itself after a while (perhaps after you do a crit, but not sure yet).

Or don't tell me this works for some people and not for some?
Nah, dmg/skills/etc indeed are shown only in System, even if you toggle System channel in other tabs.

The same for me, though I don't log out and it fixes itself after a while (perhaps after you do a crit, but not sure yet).

Nah, dmg/skills/etc indeed are shown only in System, even if you toggle System channel in other tabs.
Well i hunted for an hour or so and it didn't fix itself :/ might need more investigating... (well, hopefully not, hope they fix this amongst other things in tomorrows patch).

And, yeah, i'd like to have own checkbox for all dmg/healing/tiering stuffs for the tabs.

You apparently haven't tried this yourself?
It only shows "target evaded", nothing else, in the tabs (no dmg done/received, healing done/received, skills, tiers) if "system" is selected.

Or don't tell me this works for some people and not for others?

There are three sub-categories under system, I guess you have only one of them checked.

There are three sub-categories under system, I guess you have only one of them checked.
Oh my... indeed, i did not notice those before, thank you, was my bad.

(Who in the hell thought it's a good idea to gray out the inactive menus, that's just ... goddammit... so, i didn't notice them 'cause it apparently shows the dimmed out menu...)

Thanks anyway, now, let's just get someone who know how UI's should work, get hired by MA.

Anyways, the actual problem of the chat system still persists:
The last thing i can see in the chat is: [Global]: Team "
And then nothing, need to relog to fix it, checked the log and it said this:
2014-03-25 20:28:10 [Local] [] Team "<3" killed a creature (Feffox Prowler) with a value of 409 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

(For those not familiar with HTML entities " = " ... < = < .... so the team name is <3 ... which fucks up the thing.
For the moment i'm turning off all the chats and just staying on the System pane with only dmg/healing shown.
That's the problem, apparently for many, on various OS's (some had win7, some win8, some win8.1).
And this problem i want to highlight so i'm reposting it.

And Oleg cleared this out for me, the UI design is not very intuitive, thanks though.

Break stuff while fixing it

Nice fixes to the chat problems MA. Thank you for listening to player feedback. The interface is vastly improved from the initial roll out.

But it appears you broke custom chat channels.

One problem. A custom chat channel I created is no longer accessible. I get errors trying to join my own channel or listmembers. I cannot re-create it because it tells me it already exists.

maybe someone already recreated it, and set it to private...they reset them all

Back