entropia wiki sub pages do not work

Although the error thrown says disk space full error, the problem may very well have nothing to do with actual disk space. There are a variety of reasons for this particular error.

Pretty sure they took control of it - but that was the last I heard. Coincidentally that seems to be the last time it was updated. I'm also sure they forgot they did that. So, there's that.

This is beyond ridiculous.

So many world records for most expensive virtual items by Mindark and can't even have a site that works for their players (clients).

Entropia wiki is "just" where we all get 99% of the information about the game...

I could, and would be happy to, make a new wiki site on my server. It would of course be starting from zero in terms of the data base.

Thoughts? Worth doing?
Ya man - but you wouldn't have to start from scratch - i think you can get the wiki data in one download somehow. and 711 is the guy to ask about that

I could, and would be happy to, make a new wiki site on my server. It would of course be starting from zero in terms of the data base.

Thoughts? Worth doing?

Yes, it would be a very popular site and I am sure many people will offer help with data.

How much is this killing business? People who want to trade items often need to check the Wiki to see if the items will work for them.

It is ALWAYS the same matter with participant driven content:

The participant stops playing and the project gets abandoned.
ALWAYS.

Want proof?
- ALL available maps are old and outdated remnants from players
- PE-trade.net
- entropiasales.com
- the original player forum entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org
- soooo many other projects i already have forgotten, since they died...

Even though MA is a BAD choice for hosting the wiki content (they pay for the server, content is player driven), they are still the best of all bad choices.

Still unclear. Who runs this wikki site? Can i get sources (DB+files) to host on my cloud? At least it 100% uptime and have plenty of space

@711 I thought ran it but I haven't really seen a clear indication of who runs or ran the wiki. I am happy to donate for storage, whatever fix or coffee fund to get it back online. Or contribute to a new forum.

Thoughts? Worth doing?

It would be great! But to start from scratch would be insanity - but, if we don't have any choices...

ALWAYS.

Want proof?
- PE-trade.net
- entropiasales.com

Even though MA is a BAD choice for hosting the wiki content (they pay for the server, content is player driven), they are still the best of all bad choices.

You're right.
The only other wiki platform for EU I know is EntropiaPlanets, and their information is just plain wrong, missing a lot of stuff.
I don't know if it's the same case with CalypsoMap, it has wrong locations and even missing teleporters.

The best thing about Entropiawiki is that it is the only one, so everyone uses it, so it has the best information.

Occasionally it goes down for a couple of days and people lose their minds until 711 resets the servers and fixes it. Calm down dears.

@711 I thought ran it but I haven't really seen a clear indication of who runs or ran the wiki.

The wiki has been created and set up by player(s) who are mostly nonexistent today.
This is also the reason why the wiki map is in a bad shape: there is noone left who knows how it works.
(Therefor i renew my appeal to register an account and help to improve wiki, when it is up and running again.)

The wiki content and importance became priceless, while the initiators stopped working, but kept paying for the upkeep.
Years ago, when the initiators made public to finally stop paying for upkeep, MindArk had to acknowledge that MindArk doesn't support their playerbase by correct own data and the necessary knowledge to use their product.
But MindArk also didn't want to put the effort into providing any own knowledge database for their customers.
Therefor MA could be convinced to pay 711 for hosting the wiki site somehow, to "guarantee" the site's (and MA's) survival.
711, feel free to correct the details, if my memory fails me today.

Those MA deals are always...strange, but cheap for MA.
MA throws a product on the market and THE CUSTOMER even has to write the manual and THE CUSTOMER is responsible to keep the manual updated and THE CUSTOMER is responsible to advertise for the product and THE CUSTOMER is responsible to effectively introduce new customers in handling the product, and THE CUSTOMER is responsible for.... *sigh*
But love is blind...

Last edited:

ALWAYS.

Want proof?
- PE-trade.net
- entropiasales.com

adding:
- bob the builder

MA is gone out of it's way to capitalise on it's very retarding intellectual property protection scheme. They did so claim to take over entropia wiki. What they didn't tell us is they want it to disappear because to be a good entropian you must know the secrets AND KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF. In the fantasy world of EU, there is no internet, not even computers. Even the AH is run by pen and paper - I think. Imagine the reason for not wanting to grow, share information or enable the community to contribute. What kind of thinking is that? Underacheiving is NOT a skill!

Entropia Life has a struggle working because MA is so frightened of letting some API out in the real world. Why? I dunno but it's the biggest case of "afraid to succeed in the world". Makes me mad how their incompetence is so entrenched because of some reason. I got my suspicion - just let the frickn thing go already.

Last edited:
The best thing about Entropiawiki is that it is the only one, so everyone uses it, so it has the best information.

Occasionally it goes down for a couple of days and people lose their minds until 711 resets the servers and fixes it. Calm down dears.

Indeed. When I had been interacting with 711 somewhat recently, they seemed to be online most days. They haven't been seen on the forum since Thursday, so I'm willing to be they've been in vacation or something. In due time.

That said, I think this illustrates the importance of having a few people able to perform more admin duties at the wiki. I know if I had more time (or rather wasn't doing so much of it at work) I'd be willing to help out with maps, but that's probably at least a year out for me since I've been spending too much time on Entropia side-projects rather than playing the game.

hopefully its up soon! im lost without it

Valuable Hint:
Once the wiki is up and running again, you can download the data of your favoured lists as .csv files and save them in Excel sheets, so you have the data to play with. They may need some adjustment, but then they work for you as desired and can be your fallback option.

This Wiki is priceless!

My 19+ years of experience with MA let me do this just a short while ago, so thank god I am not too desperate atm.

Last edited:
Valuable Hint:
Once the wiki is up and running again, you can download the data of your favoured lists as .csv files and save them in Excel sheets, so you have the data to play with. They may need some adjustment, but then they work for you as desired and can be your fallback option.

My 19+ years of experience with MA let me do this just a short while ago, so thank god I am not too desperate atm.
interesting.. never thought of that

Valuable Hint:

This Wiki is priceless!

There was also a full dump file a few years ago. I'm not sure if it's possible to generate that on our end or if an admin has to do it.

I have a "priceless" backup in my mobile..... can not do all sorting.... but.... Entropia Info app download data and make all of them available........ so if i look for "tier 5" component i can have them on the mobile as a backup in these moments.

on "conspiration theory and secrecy" . i think to open another thread, it is interesting.

Back