Achievement: EPIC FAILing an ML-35 TIER UPGRADE

... Thanks for dropping the item back in the loot pool.

I call bullshit on that actually happening, until I see someone 'magically' loot an ML35 off atrax within the next 1~3 weeks.

Believing that it is true is a risk I am willing to take ;)

Clearly we don't know exactly how the balancing will deal with these items, but I continue to dream. Hell, it's all I have left to keep me going... :cool:

eh, lucky - your logic isn't computing on any level I'm operating at.

So let me see if I can understand...
instead of just showing how many failures/item destructions you'd get at t2+ with say, an opalo, or fap5, or any other tt~+100 item, you chose to burn an item that DOESN'T DROP, has a current market of $1.2k USD - just to make a point?

That the tier system sucks?

The exact same thing everyone with half a brain cell of math and logic have been saying since it was implemented, and commented on by Marco?

...awaiting your selling out thread with baited breath now. :rolleyes:

Only this way the system can be changed. After a major f*ck up. Now the negativity agianst the tier system isn't based just on imaginary situations and what-if theories. It's been proven to fail at the 2nd-lowest rate there is already.

For me this means I'll no longer keep money invested in items. I think the VSE is 0 ped tt :)

Only this way the system can be changed. After a major f*ck up. Now the negativity agianst the tier system isn't based just on imaginary situations and what-if theories. It's been proven to fail at the 2nd-lowest rate there is already.

For me this means I'll no longer keep money invested in items. I think the VSE is 0 ped tt :)

What major f*ckup? The system performed EXACTLY as advertised, EXACTLY as EVERYONE knew it would. You have not proved that it failed... you proved that it works.

The only f*ckup is burning a really cool item to be a martyr in some self-imposed quest.

What major f*ckup? The system performed EXACTLY as advertised, EXACTLY as EVERYONE knew it would. You have not proved that it failed... you proved that it works.

The only f*ckup is burning a really cool item to be a martyr in some self-imposed quest.

lololololol pWNt!!!!11

15k PED diminished to 270 of smuttered residue :(

I want to congratulate your courage and...

... sorry for you loss :(

Well don't forget: I such a replicator will be looted it will probably be used just like the 2nd item, thus may not be salvaged.

Would people use it against an opalo or sell it for 150k ped to the one that wants to try tier his mod fap at a point where the reload or effect gets even higher?

Bottom line is such a thing will never be ised for anything with a markup below 50k ped I think. Not an opalo, not an ML-35.

Exactly. Marco announced there would be Replicators, but obviously at the time that was just a concept someone at MA dreamt up in an attempt to mollify the general anger.

It's quite clear from trying to imagine how that could work that it's virtually impossible to design a workable system which would work on all levels of Item.

Anyone who is waiting for this as a solution to losing duplicate items is going to be very disappointed.

I'm sorry about your loss OP, but many people have laid out the odds.

I'm reminded of a quote I think from Rowan Atkinson in Blackadder from the First World War trenches - 'At this stage in the fighting what we need is a meaningless gesture (of sacrifice)'.

It didn't need to be you.

You have not proved that it failed... you proved that it works.

Yup indeed.
Sorry for seeying such a great item vanish ... why ffs ... what is wrong with an ML35 at tier 0.9? It surely won't turn into a MM and knowing MA upgrading the tiers won't be that benificial anyway.

rule #1 do not gamble with anything you're not prepared to lose. You need to accept the loss BEFORE you click.

the 'omg i failed' in the vid made me lol

still sad to see though :(

and guess who is drinking champagne with ur 1200$ atm?? MA balancing team!!! congratz for prove us how stupid that system is

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :scratch2:

:mad:

Sorry about your loss, but 35% success, why try?

Unbealiveble......
But the % of success was pretty low, i wouldnt never do it.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :scratch2:

:mad:

Sorry about your loss, but 35% success, why try?

Coz still 95% salvage. I dont mind the fail itsself. Those ingredients the 38% stand for is "only" a few hundred ped.

lol you can actually see how stunned she was when she failed... look at the quick marker movements :laugh:

sucks that you lost it though :(

LOL I use a trackball. It's amazingly fast but sometimes harder to control.

The system might be stupid, but you knew the risk.

For this to happen it's a 3,1% chance. And that only on your 2nd try.

Screw this... :(

Well maybe the lost ML-35 will be thrown back into the loot. I'm sorry for your loss though.

I am willing to sacrifice a Karma Killer or a Maddox but that's a calculated risk. everything above the 100$ mark is a no go area in my book.

Is the value of the residue returned the same TT value as the ML you lost? (give or take ingredient TT...)

If so, maybe it proves that items are after all just worth their TT value, as MA say so.. (not quite what I meant but I am unsure how to put it...)

Anyhoo, grats on confirming what we all knew, and sorry for your loss.

Maybe if this and other failures that will inevitably come gets widely publicised, similar to the CP sale, maybe Ma/FPC will have a rethink of the system...

yeah, thats the theory, only why is an item drain necessary?

Because the future of EU is (L)

The Tier idea is brilliant for (L) items as it naturally creates a market for used, lower TT (L) guns/armour etc. They needed a way to improve (L), reduce the benefits of Tiering up (UNL) whislst maintaining the purchase value of the UNL items. Well theres 1 less ML in the universe so that isn't going to damage the value in the long run, obviously, the initial implementation and utilisation of this system will.

The idea seems to have been born for the LG, LR66 T10 with damage and range enhancements, Infil T10 with additional burn and pene prot. Obviously assumptions, but, you get the point.

I don't mind the tier system basically because I will never ever tier up an unl item. Will I add enhancements to my Tiered (L) items, probably.

This is stupid MA!
It's ok if there is a risk loosing ingredients, but also risk loosing second item is stupid:mad:
No matter value of item, MA must change this, and give back lost items to everybody that loosed them.

Exactly. Had I succeeded it would have been nice, had I failed there would be a 95% salvage rate still.

This was a test for the community as well. All those ppl like Sunab Naverith just don't get it. I was not drunk doing this and well the ingredients loss, the ml-35 not included, was a guarantee regardless of the upgrade being a success or not. I don't mind the loss of that with a 3x% chance of success only. I think the salvage rate is only 36.1% actually after this experience (salvage only if success) but I may be wrong.

Clearly if I didn't want to warn ppl about this I could just have not posted this and take a screenie of the TIR fingerprint of the gun lost. We're all on the same side here just I was willing to take the risk to show. What good are enhancers for anyways with their current markup and random breaking...

Bottom line is this proves what a sucky tier system it is.

I wrote in your Tier 1 upgrade thread I don't have much respect for winning gamblers.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/achievements/174729-ml-35-tiered-3.html#post2228411

Now I write in your Tier 2 upgrade thread that I do not respect loosing gamblers much either... nor pity them. You knew the risk and decided to take the gamble.

The thing I do respect is your openness in the process and your postings. If all of this helps to make the community realize that math does not discriminate and a percentage of people WILL loose their items, it was not for nothing.

There are people that learn from doing, I hope you learned :rolleyes: that , as you say it, Tiering as it is now IS are really sucky system.

/Slupor

P.S. I was wrong in my doubting anybody would post a big loss... have to give you that as well. :tiphat:

Last edited:
My suggestion is a change to the system :

1) L tiers for UL weapons
2) UL tiers for L weapons

+ no risk on secondary items if they stay

Bring both worlds together !
Remove pure gambling on high amounts of MU !

My view,

Atami

My suggestion is a change to the system :

1) L tiers for UL weapons
2) UL tiers for L weapons

+ no risk on secondary items if they stay

Bring both worlds together !
Remove pure gambling on high amounts of MU !

My view,

Atami

no, keep the gambling... if you wanna risk it why shoulnt you be able to? you can do it irl so why not here..

Don't be sad about this, try again and I'm sure you will succeed. ;)

If I had 2 fails in a row, now then I would be pissed on MA.

just curious, will you keep that stack of metal residue like a memorial in your appartment or something ?
if not, just send me a pm, i need metal res atm

Ok, so Mindark takes a lot of money from high-stakes gamblers instead of adding anything nice or usefull for the mmo-style players.
Nothing new here.

Thanks for taking the time to post lucky.

I just stopped considering upgrading my items for now.

Back