EU Locations - New NeoMap?

Hi Sash :)
I installed your new version, the maps are looking very good now with the PVP and Land areas now showing on the map :yay:
But i got a problem with the new version, i was trying out the new feature of "Free Drawing" and when i went to save it gave an error... something like "End" it's not a valid key, or something like that (I will try to reproduce the error and post a pic here if it helps). The error persisted either I choose to save or exit without saving, the only way of closing Locations.exe was to kill the process on task manager, and when i oponed the Locations again the error was still there.
I uninstalled the new version and instaled V 2.3 again, it seems to be the one that works best in my pc (runing Win7 X64 here), and then replaced the location.exe on instalation folder by the new location.exe of V3.03, and some more files like custom.dat so i can be able to see the Land areas and PVP.
Is now working stable and without errors.

I talked to soon :scratch2:, I was trying to change the color of non lootable PVP's by drawing a new on on top of the existing ones, and then deleting the old ones, it worked fien on doind the oil rig area using the elipse function.
Then I tried using the poligon function to do PVP1, I started doing it ok but then I dont know how to finish the poligon, I clicked on right click of mouse to try to end the drawing, it gave me the same error then before, I tooked pics this time, the diference is that now I could close the Locations without going to task manager. I opened the locations again and it gaves me the same error, I'm going to replace the installation folder with my backup :)
If i found a way to bypass this errors I will post here.

Error1

Error2

Error

I know what has caused this,

When you are on free draw mode and using the pen, it is not entering the coordinates tothe file. I will correct this.

if you get any problems when using the app after you have had this error, either delete the "custom.dat" file that is in the directory of the area you were drawing on or edite it to remove the line you draw that caused the error :)

I will ublish an update soon. The rest of the free draw functions should be fine.

Sasha

Tanks for your reply Sasha :wtg:
You told me the option to edit the custom.dat file, I edited the file and changed the color there, and it's working fine and with color i wanted :yay:

Cheekie bump ;) new version out soon.

I have sorted out some of the stability issues with the free draw, I am working on the XML export too.

Sasha

Latest Version

Haven't been in game much of late but just updated to latest version. Incredible changes made allowing for much more versatility and quite easy to change things using the new Settings Panel. Great job as always Sasha and 200EFD for you. On account of that's about all I can give you at the moment :)

Haven't been in game much of late but just updated to latest version. Incredible changes made allowing for much more versatility and quite easy to change things using the new Settings Panel. Great job as always Sasha and 200EFD for you. On account of that's about all I can give you at the moment :)

Thanks as always Rill :) the support from you and the comunity has been great, I will try to keep the ball rolling with developments.

Sasha

Version 3.04

Hello,

I have uploaded version 3.04, there is very little change, I have fixed a couple of bugs, but most impotantly, I have used a new installer.

The installer now has an updater attached to it. This means to update you simply click the updater and it goes to find any updates. If there are updates it downloads and installs them :yay::yay:

This new change has cost me a million PED! kidding but I hope it is more helpful now.

Next update XML support, watch this space!

Sasha

Last edited:
EU Locations and XML

Hello,

There should be an update in the next couple of days to export all the data into an XML format.

I will post when the update is there.

Sasha

Will you also work on data import with xml?

EU Locations and XML

Importing, most deffinetly. I am new to XML but have been busy reading up on it and when I release the XML version into the wild I will ensure the schema is with it also so you can produce your own XML documents to import.

Sasha

XML - Export

Hello,

Just to let you know the new version is now available (3.06) this has an xml export function. I have included the schema in the install.

I have also added Calypos Gateway and updated land areas.

I was toying with the idea of hosting a little forum on the site so you can upload and share your location files, is this something that would be helpful?

Sasha

LOL - tumble weed rolls past

Hi Sasha.
Just wondering when we will see the new Rocktropia Ores/EnMatters in Entropia Locations?
Thx.

Hi Sasha.
Just wondering when we will see the new Rocktropia Ores/EnMatters in Entropia Locations?
Thx.

Hi,

I am on it now! I have not been to RT (looks ashamed)

Sasha

I downloaded and tried to add some custom mob locations. Decided to delete a few since I miss placed them, when I clicked the mob and selected delete the tree just closes and the mob is still there. Am I missing something?

-Windows 7 64-Bit

-Bemo-

Deleting MOBs

Hi,

I just tried it and if you add "Allophyl" with a "Young" location to delete it you need to select the "Young" not the "Allophyl" node in thte tree.

This is because it groups the mob maturities together.

If you like I can see if I can mek it delete the entire group if you sleect it.

Sasha

Thx for the response but I tried that as well. It just closes the tree ..... when I reopen it the maturity name is still there.

-Bemo-

Deleting MOBs

Hello,

If this happens it is because the node it not selected but the root node "Categories" is.

Try left clicking on the maturity you want to delete so the node is highlighted in blue then the right click and delete.

:)

If you are still having problems let me know.

Sasha

Version 3.07

Hello,

Well I did it! I am on the rock for a bit. I am TP collecting so I have done a few updates to the revivals, TPs and map.

I have updated Eudoria too with teh new revival lines and map.

I have also had a request to make all attributes of teh location editable (what a muppet for not!) This will be on the next update.

Sasha

Great effort; I will give it a more in-depth look as soon as I have some time.

Update to 3.08

Hi all,

I have updated to 3.08 additions are...

Next Island added,
Medusa added,
Eudoria updated.

I will shortly be updateing Rocktropia again,
Adding a new csv import to suport a friends format for an online mapping tool,
Adding the ability to change any atribute of the location.

Love Sasha

Thanks for the map I really like it but I have mistyped some coords and when wanting to delete them I get this error message: List index out of bounds (78) plus I cant seem to delete custom draws either, then I get the (69) error :scratch2:

I will look into these errors!

Thanks for leting me know.

update

Next Island TPs updated after an exciting weekend of running around there. 62 listed now, not sure if its all or not, more investigating to do.

Looks like a great tool Sasha! I'll be giving it a try :)

Good luck on keeping it up to date, hopefully EU won't grow too big ;)

:girl:

Hi all,

I have updated to 3.08 additions are...

Next Island added,
Medusa added,
Eudoria updated.

I will shortly be updateing Rocktropia again,
Adding a new csv import to suport a friends format for an online mapping tool,
Adding the ability to change any atribute of the location.

Love Sasha

Looking forward to your CSV import function. I might be able to make a basic CSV export from the Touristic Guide

Hi,

I am sure that is possible, a csv file is just text ;)

Sasha

Back