FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

Once again, awesome program! :wtg::wtg:

There are some problems with the screenshots however. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes I get a completely black picture file. It also recorded a global that wasnt mine (black pic).
The two globals I have where the screenshots are okay is from windowed mode (The Loot-info-window is present) so maybe it only works then?

I guess I need to do some further testing, may the loot-gods be with me ;)

/Dolph

I think it means you have to start with the shortcut generated when you install the program, so not by opening the executable. If you lost that shortcut reinstalling should work.

ok right... it seems I lost that shortcut or whatever... :ahh:
How can I make sure that I don`t loose data, before I reinstall the tool? :scared:

My post analysis doesnt give me the correct result... (sadly :D)
Last hunt my Loot-info-window said about -80 peds but the hunt analysis reported a return of over 100 peds.

Just to let you know :)

Cheers!
/Dolph

ok right... it seems I lost that shortcut or whatever... :ahh:
How can I make sure that I don`t loose data, before I reinstall the tool? :scared:
just save your datafile ... the default location is Your Documents/EuHunter and there should be a backup file too...

Once again, awesome program! :wtg::wtg:

There are some problems with the screenshots however. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes I get a completely black picture file. It also recorded a global that wasnt mine (black pic).
The two globals I have where the screenshots are okay is from windowed mode (The Loot-info-window is present) so maybe it only works then?

I guess I need to do some further testing, may the loot-gods be with me ;)

/Dolph
This is an issue with win 7 desktop designs. If they are enabled the whole window can be in the GPU RAM and the oldschool approach for taking screenshots does'nt work. Best workaround for now is to turn it off when EU starts. You can do it with right click on EU Icon -> Properties -> compatibility and ther something like desktop designs

My post analysis doesnt give me the correct result... (sadly :D)
Last hunt my Loot-info-window said about -80 peds but the hunt analysis reported a return of over 100 peds.

Just to let you know :)

Cheers!
/Dolph
This can result from missing values (eg ammo) in cost items, non stackable loot items (no value in the log) or if you continue a run without updating the loot info.
So far i could not confirm that behavior in my runs

Just used this program for the first time and my opinion is .......

AWSOME :yay: :wtg:

Keep up the good work !

ok I think it works again now :) and no data lost.

I wonder what I have to put in the presets to get correct cost calculations... (L) items with L or with l?...

I wonder what I have to put in the presets to get correct cost calculations... (L) items with L or with l?...

All descriptions entered have to be exactly as listed in auction, Entropedia and in game otherwise it cannot find the data. If you think about it then it becomes logical.

I made the same mistake and short lapses of reasoning is what makes us human. Without them we wouldn't gain understanding. That's my excuse anyway :laugh:

All descriptions entered have to be exactly as listed in auction, Entropedia and in game otherwise it cannot find the data. If you think about it then it becomes logical.

I made the same mistake and short lapses of reasoning is what makes us human. Without them we wouldn't gain understanding. That's my excuse anyway :laugh:

funny thing is... when you copy the name out of entropedia you get L.... when you use the dictionary from the EU Hunter Tool... you get the l.
I guess that`s a rather good excuse isn`tz it? :D

funny thing is... when you copy the name out of entropedia you get L.... when you use the dictionary from the EU Hunter Tool... you get the l.
I guess that`s a rather good excuse isn`tz it? :D

And it all spells "headache" for Sledge ;););) Sticking with auction descriptions has kept me out of trouble so far as they are the same in PE Auction. The tables in Entropedia seem to hold the same description but in saying that I haven't seen all of them.

btw will we see some more updates sledge? :)

hmm doesn`t seem so.... :scratch2: :eek:

The guy needs a rest is all. His girlfriend deserves his attention more than we do I would suspect. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep had that quite a bit but its always done it at random times and all the screen capture programs have done it not just EUHunter.

I assume you mean pics like these...

Oh rats, i was hoping switching to a different tool would resolve that. :/

Are there any plans for a facility to import skill snapshots (form jdegre's skill calculator, for example) for each hunt and track that?

Are there any plans for a facility to import skill snapshots (form jdegre's skill calculator, for example) for each hunt and track that?

THAT is a great idea i was thinking too!

It would be AWESOME : Skill tracking , mob-tools combination and cost in one program..

WOW , i want that! :yay:

When you do the right click thing Sledge is talking about you select Compatibility Tab and place ticks in the boxes Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition. I had trouble in Full Screen mode so I switched to Window Mode and never had a problem. Now I like it that way so can't tell you if Screen shots work in Full Screen but I would say they do.

That is a great idea. If it can be read from the chat log then I'm Sledge can do it :). Perhaps as a column in the overlay or a separate overlay with choice to display or not.

Last edited:
That is a great idea. If it can be read from the chat log then Sledge can do it :). Perhaps as a column in the overlay or a separate overlay with choice to display or not.

There's no chat log output, unfortunately. The program parses screen shots and can then be told to export a .csv file with the results. The most awesome way of dealing with skills would be to detect the screenshots with the skill window open directly and OCR them, but avoiding reinventing the wheel by using the output of jdegre's parser would be a fine compromise.

Of course this would be trivial to add if MA would add a function to print skills to chat log on demand.

There's no chat log output, unfortunately. The program parses screen shots and can then be told to export a .csv file with the results. The most awesome way of dealing with skills would be to detect the screenshots with the skill window open directly and OCR them, but avoiding reinventing the wheel by using the output of jdegre's parser would be a fine compromise.

Of course this would be trivial to add if MA would add a function to print skills to chat log on demand.

I must have misunderstood I thought you meant displaying the skill gains displayed in green within the chat.

When you do the right click thing Sledge is talking about you select Compatibility Tab and place ticks in the boxes Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition. I had trouble in Full Screen mode so I switched to Window Mode and never had a problem. Now I like it that way so can't tell you if Screen shots work in Full Screen but I would say they do.

I'm using windows XP. I understood that was only for Windows 7?

I must have misunderstood I thought you meant displaying the skill gains displayed in green within the chat.

That would be fairly useless as the amount gained from one of those checks varies. No, i'm talking about the ability to take a snapshot of skills at the end of each activity in the log and have it track the gains, etc.

After all, most of us are probably as interested in skill progress as profit/loss. This is a MMORPG, right? :) Being able to more easily track which mob is best for skilling is important, as is the ability to track progress. It's the "carrot" for many of us.

I used to do it with a combination of python scripts and jdegre's tools. I've gotten lazy now and use my progress calculator on wikitools and a spreadsheet, along with jdegre's scanner. It's not optimal.

Edit: i believe the tool already grabs data from entropedia via the API, so this could easily be added as an import from entropedia, which can be updated from the chipping calculator. A bit roundabout, but probably easier than implementing the CSV parser.

Edit2: Actually on second thought probably not any easier. lol. Has the developer considered making it open source? I've thought about adding similar tracking tools to wikitools since my skill calculator was integrated into the wiki, with more emphasis on skills, but it makes more sense as an installed app than a webapp and this might be the best one to adapt.

Last edited:

That is a great idea. If it can be read from the chat log then I'm Sledge can do it :). Perhaps as a column in the overlay or a separate overlay with choice to display or not.

Doer already explained most...
as for skills...
Do you reall want to grab them after _EVERY_ hunt ?
I find it already a pain that I have to enter end TT of the items and could not even be bothered to enter each individual item I loot, but doing a screen grab of the skills after each hunt would be even more cumbersome.
I only track my skills once or twice a month and that is enough. Trying to figure out a correlation and loot gain is not really necessary. On average you gain 1% skills worth per PED cycled. Always trusted that and seems to be true.
EU hunter is really great to find out where your biggest losses are and where to become eco.

Doer already explained most...
as for skills...
I find it already a pain that I have to enter end TT of the items and could not even be bothered to enter each individual item I loot, but doing a screen grab of the skills after each hunt would be even more cumbersome.
I only track my skills once or twice a month and that is enough. Trying to figure out a correlation and loot gain is not really necessary. On average you gain 1% skills worth per PED cycled. Always trusted that and seems to be true.
EU hunter is really great to find out where your biggest losses are and where to become eco.

IMHO ... hunting 4 hours and then spend 5 minutes to log tools decay ,total cost , loots AND skills ... is not really a problem ;)

My interest is in assessing the skills delivered by an individual mob more than anything else. I know you can look it up but I would prefer a live feed. And as far as I am concerned eco extends to skill gains as well at my level anyway.

as for skills...

Well no, i don't. But i'd like to have the option to do so when i'm testing out something, and as i mentioned, right now it's more labor-intensive than it has to be. Having a tool that makes it an option would be helpful. I'd really like to keep all my log data in one place and no current tool really allows that.

Let me put it this way: if MA made extracting skill data from the game something so easy it only took a few seconds, wouldn't you be more likely to consider doing it more regularly? It's the hassle that puts people off from doing it.

I only track my skills once or twice a month and that is enough. Trying to figure out a correlation and loot gain is not really necessary. On average you gain 1% skills worth per PED cycled.

Well, no, that's not entirely accurate. The kill bonus figures in big with small mobs, and there may be other factors involved. On top of that there are skillgains not directly tied to ammo/weapon decay, like Evade and such. Finding an optimal mob, loadout, and habit for those skills is important for me.

IMHO ... hunting 4 hours and then spend 5 minutes to log tools decay ,total cost , loots AND skills ... is not really a problem ;)

Yeah, and make it 2x outings of about 3 hours each per "hunt" logged, and it's really not too big of a deal.

Not for you, for me it is :D
I hate statistics and and even though I track already over half of my hunts ( and notice getting used to it), I don't like it. I am more the "point and click" type, I have enough "labour" at work and thats enough :D

Well no, i don't. But i'd like to have the option to do so when i'm testing out something, and as i mentioned, right now it's more labor-intensive than it has to be. Having a tool that makes it an option would be helpful. I'd really like to keep all my log data in one place and no current tool really allows that.

Let me put it this way: if MA made extracting skill data from the game something so easy it only took a few seconds, wouldn't you be more likely to consider doing it more regularly? It's the hassle that puts people off from doing it.

Well, no, that's not entirely accurate. The kill bonus figures in big with small mobs, and there may be other factors involved. On top of that there are skillgains not directly tied to ammo/weapon decay, like Evade and such. Finding an optimal mob, loadout, and habit for those skills is important for me.

Yeah, and make it 2x outings of about 3 hours each per "hunt" logged, and it's really not too big of a deal.

Even when hunting low level for a longer time, I never noticed a "kill bonus". I did noticed more skill gains indicated as green lines, but from the TT value of skills it was not something outstanding. Might be, that it may not have been that noticeable for me because I hunt low level when I am really broke and don't cycle much anyway.
I doubt that there will be any way to get the already recorded statistics out of the sytem soon, somehow I have the feeling that MA wants us to fiddle around with the stuff and not hand it out.
As said, I don't like statistics and it feels real weird, that I have started doing them. Normally my gutfeeling was allways good for me, Not sure if the direection I seem to take is really a good thing, I feel a bit to geeky or moew like a beanscounter.
OT one should maybe emphazise, that EUhunter is freeware, EULA conformant and does not force you to do anything.Would like a feature, that position and time stamp is included within the screenshot, but that would involve sending a keystroke which is against the EULA (and not a risk worth taking for me and use another tracker).Give the developer some time, he has done quite an amazing job already and (even though i could almost puke inserting any values) it will surely evolve in the greatest tool we have.

Check out hijacker's test with the unlimited launcher on drones and merps. There was a significant difference in skill gain per PED. I don't think anyone really disputes the kill bonus who's looked into it, but admittedly it's not very useful if one is just using a high-powered gun.

Anyway nobody's going to make you log your skills. I would like to be able to log mine, and would rather start with a working tool than reinvent the wheel. This seems like a good place to start, and i am willing to help add the feature myself if the source is provided. Otherwise this is a feature request, which seems to be appropriate for this thread. :p

I wonder if Sledge is still doing something with the tool, quite some time has passed since the last update.

Sorry for my absence - i was so damn busy that i did not even find the time to play...
I'll try to get up to date with other issues from this thread right now..

As a restart i have a new version for you guys which contains a bunch of fixes for reported errors (feedback), some major performance enhancements for the main window and as this version is the step to .net 4.0 i guess i can put plinq to some good use for further improvements...

0.9.6.0 (0.9.6.1)
  • Ported to .net 4.0 - .net 4.0 Runtime is needed!
  • A bunch of performance enhancements - most visible when you have a lot of data.
  • Fixes for the reported Errors.
  • Added a visible signal to the main window when an error is logged which contains the error message in a tooltip.
  • Added minforce stuff to repair items dict (fetched from entropedia so update your dicts please)
If you have troubles updating with the integrated updater just restart EuHunter and the MS-Update dialog will appear which works fine. Right now i guess it's a problem with the transition to .net 4.0 but have to digg deeper here

Last edited:
Back