FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

Equipment preset error

I have a few equipment presets setup in EU Hunter, but there is a bug that causes preset 1 to be kept after an update of EU Hunter, preset 2 get empty and presets 3-6 return to the default text "Equipment Preset #".

This means that after every update of the app I have to reenter my presets. For now I just have a textfile made in Notepad where I have written them down and just copy/paste the text inn after an update, but still a little annoying.

After reading about several people having problems with screenshots I can add that 32-bit WinXP SP3 and with EU running in window mode works just great :yay:

Last edited:
Update button on Details page

I was wondering, is it possible to remove the Update button on the Details page and just have the calculations take place whenever a field is changed? A simple onChange event attached to the editable fields should be able to handle this. Or is there a good reason for not having the update happen automatically (like it does in spreadsheet apps like Excel)? :scratch2:

@ presets: oh ok i'll have a look
@ "simple onChange" ... well not that simple as there is no simple onChange in wpf. in wpf you don't monitor changes in the gui as it's just a view - all is triggered by the model and there are a damn lot of properties to monitor (each line in the datagrid has a number of them).
So far i did not find the time and will to go over it as it works as it is - not prerfect but acceptable. It's in my backlog though ;)

I have a few equipment presets setup in EU Hunter, but there is a bug that causes preset 1 to be kept after an update of EU Hunter, preset 2 get empty and presets 3-6 return to the default text "Equipment Preset #".

This means that after every update of the app I have to reenter my presets. For now I just have a textfile made in Notepad where I have written them down and just copy/paste the text inn after an update, but still a little annoying.

After reading about several people having problems with screenshots I can add that 32-bit WinXP SP3 and with EU running in window mode works just great :yay:

This is strange :(

I have the same setting Win XP sp3 in windoed mode.. but Screenshots are not working ..

@ Sledge - about screenshots.

I tried screen shots without EU running and it DID work ..
Screenshots don't work for me windowed mode running EU
Screenshots don't work for me windowed mode running EU with PE-ass running.

:scratch2:

@ presets: oh ok i'll have a look
@ "simple onChange" ... well not that simple as there is no simple onChange in wpf. in wpf you don't monitor changes in the gui as it's just a view - all is triggered by the model and there are a damn lot of properties to monitor (each line in the datagrid has a number of them).
So far i did not find the time and will to go over it as it works as it is - not prerfect but acceptable. It's in my backlog though ;)

Great that you will take a look at the presets :)

I have never played with WPF, I guess I just expected it to use triggers, but if that is not the case then the Update button may live happily on for a long time :)

• Added feedback button to "About" menu. You can send a message or upload datafile, errorlog and chatlog.
  • If an error was cought during an EuHunter session you will be asked if you want to report it when you exit EuHunter.

Next on my list is the screenshot part - not sure how long i'll need to get it working. The planned result is for sure fullscreen screenshots with enabled Aero.

Last edited:

• Added feedback button to "About" menu. You can send a message or upload datafile, errorlog and chatlog.
  • If an error was cought during an EuHunter session you will be asked if you want to report it when you exit EuHunter.

Next on my list is the screenshot part - not sure how long i'll need to get it working. The planned result is for sure fullscreen screenshots with enabled Aero.

Thanks for all your hard work Sledge. Screenshots are working for me in Window mode now. Haven't had any globals in Full Screen yet.

The program has been working well with all the new enhancements although I did only start it up again yesterday. Have been on the spare PC lately and havent installed it there yet. Take care.

• Fixed another error in parsing multilingual datafiles.

Thx for reporting levithanikos

• Fixed another error in parsing multilingual datafiles. This time a problem in time format conversion.

+rep for this nice program!

couple of hours workload in it, but well spent hours :D

• Introduced a min length for team names (at least 3 chars). This is the cure for a possible problem when only 1 space is set as teamname -> screenshot at any global that includes a space -> any global message contains spaces.

• Added death count to tracking - shown in other items table.
  • Fixed truncated cords.
  • Fixed a possible null pointer in items index build.

for my next project it will be very important to see how many PED I spend on the MU of (L) items. Is there any way to see that in the current version? Or if not... will it be possible in the future? ;)

for my next project it will be very important to see how many PED I spend on the MU of (L) items. Is there any way to see that in the current version? Or if not... will it be possible in the future? ;)

If you enter TT start and TTend with MU% on (L) items you already have this.

Noticed that its no more possible to use , to separate digits when typing TT values, now it demands the .
is it possible that both work, for my german keyboardlayout its easyer to type , instead .
I set english as language.

Would be very nice if it works both ways, no matter what language selected :)

If you enter TT start and TTend with MU% on (L) items you already have this.

? :scratch2:
well in the cost items section i can enter TT start, TT end and MU%.... but it doesn`t show the PED I spen on MU anywhere. Or am i too stupid to find it? :ahh: Which would be the easiest sollution for sure. ;) I`ll look at it again.

? :scratch2:
well in the cost items section i can enter TT start, TT end and MU%.... but it doesn`t show the PED I spen on MU anywhere. Or am i too stupid to find it? :ahh: Which would be the easiest sollution for sure. ;) I`ll look at it again.

Unless I misunderstood your original question, the last column shows the true cost of decay for each item including (L) items. (TTstart - TTend X MU% = True cost)

Nope not possible as is but quite easy to add. Could be done in the post run analysis window in the item usage graph calculated on demand.
Could be interesting to have it in the datafile too... bit more work but probably the best thing to do. Should be in the datagrid next to value i'd say.

Ahh when i add that i can include the TT+ row aswell

Noticed that its no more possible to use , to separate digits when typing TT values, now it demands the .
is it possible that both work, for my german keyboardlayout its easyer to type , instead .
I set english as language.

Would be very nice if it works both ways, no matter what language selected :)

You have to select a language as both types are not possible to do without converting any input data. I don't see the point either - if you want ',' select german for Input/Data language.

Last edited:
rofl

Didn´t notice that it is already possible to select input data language different to chatlog language.

Well no more problem at my side :)

Nope not possible as is but quite easy to add. Could be done in the post run analysis window in the item usage graph calculated on demand.
Could be interesting to have it in the datafile too... bit more work but probably the best thing to do. Should be in the datagrid next to value i'd say.

Ahh when i add that i can include the TT+ row aswell

oki I hope this happens soon. :)
Atm I use some open office file to do that job but that`s really annoying and wasn`t the plan with using the tool ofc. ;)

• Added TT plus column to loot items.
  • Added MU value to repair and loot items.
  • PostRunAnalysis item usage graph shows TT and MU per item as stack panel now.
  • Minor fixes

Even though the tool is GREAT and i use it all the time , i have to say that there is something i don't like, i don't find it "easy-to-use"

If i press "date" column to put the hunts in order , it reads DD/MM/YYYY so it ends up reading a list that are in day of the month order...

I mean it doesn't make sense to me ... wouldn't be better or more correct to be in YYYY/MM/DD format ?? I have like 25 hunts allready .. can't imagine how it will be after 50th hunt to find my last one .. :D

PS - PLZ don't ban-kick me from your servers if i ask too much :ahh::ahh:

.. wouldn't be better or more correct to be in YYYY/MM/DD format ?? I have like 25 hunts allready .. can't imagine how it will be after 50th hunt to find my last one ..

In one year from now are really going to go back to a hunt you were on 2010/2/16 just to look at it or check out the analysis. It makes more sense as a profit/loss tool to me where you simply click "Continue Hunt" as it is now.

In the long run it will show which mobs are profitable to hunt at my level using different armor/weapon configurations resulting in less decay. That way each hunt is in Creature/Group Name category and not date and provides analysis on overall profit or loss. And there are no dates at all in the right hand column.

Last edited:
In one year from now are really going to go back to a hunt you were on 2010/2/16 just to look at it or check out the analysis. It makes more sense as a profit/loss tool to me where you simply click "Continue Hunt" as it is now.

In the long run it will show which mobs are profitable to hunt at my level using different armor/weapon configurations resulting in less decay. That way each hunt is in Creature category and not date and provides analysis on overall profit or loss.

I'm talking about the left part of the program ... the right hunt-tree stay unaffected :)

I'm talking about the left part of the program ... the right hunt-tree stay unaffected :)

My apologies if I misunderstood.

Correct yes...the left hand column shows the date I created the Group name/Maturity level but it's the right hand columns giving results that take my attention :laugh: The date , well that is history to me and in the Detail Tab I can see any meaningful dates in the global list.

Good luck with your request and if Sledge believes something is important enough to you he usually obliges unless it's overkill to him :)

Even though the tool is GREAT and i use it all the time , i have to say that there is something i don't like, i don't find it "easy-to-use"

If i press "date" column to put the hunts in order , it reads DD/MM/YYYY so it ends up reading a list that are in day of the month order...

I mean it doesn't make sense to me ... wouldn't be better or more correct to be in YYYY/MM/DD format ?? I have like 25 hunts allready .. can't imagine how it will be after 50th hunt to find my last one .. :D

PS - PLZ don't ban-kick me from your servers if i ask too much :ahh::ahh:

Well i never came to the point to think about that ... but you are right year/month/day makes a lot more sense. I just used the default date format :silly2:

I'll see how i can do that - guess best way will be a converter in data binding as i don't want to work through the date formates in the datafile again ;)

In the long run the amount of data can become a bit of a problem. I tried to get some performance bottlenecks out with 0.8 but the analysis part still needs a bunch of iterations. When the next analysis step goes live there will be a lot more as i want to do one form where you select the values you want to combine in the charts.
Guess i should do a test with a few thousand runs in it before i go into too much detail here ... that will be Interesting :laugh:

On the screenshot part ... i can't get myself to learn directX right now but it will happen ;)

• Added TT plus column to loot items.
  • Added MU value to repair and loot items.
  • PostRunAnalysis item usage graph shows TT and MU per item as stack panel now.
  • Minor fixes

tyvm for the update! :yay:

Back