FYI: EuHunter - Tracking and Analysis Tool

Screenshots

I don't know if you have already worked on the screenshot funtion, but I have found that if I start EU Hunter first, then EU itself, then screenshots do *not* work. If I start EU first, then EU Hunter, then screenshots work fine. I have noticed the same in both windowed and fullscreen mode.

This might also help others with screenshot problems.

I run 32-bit WinXP.

Screenshots

I don't know if you have already worked on the screenshot funtion, but I have found that if I start EU Hunter first, then EU itself, then screenshots do *not* work. If I start EU first, then EU Hunter, then screenshots work fine. I have noticed the same in both windowed and fullscreen mode.

This might also help others with screenshot problems.

I run 32-bit WinXP.

Interesting... I doubt this will fix the Windows 7 problem, but it's worth a shot. I haven't tried turning Aero off, but I like it so I don't wanna! Is there a way to automatically disable aero when the game starts and turn it back on when you exit?

EDIT: Found something that might work. Will test tonight!
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-running-an-application-such-as-a-video-game/

@F_H: i could never reproduce that behavior in winXP and never had any problems so no idea where i could fix it. The only reference to EU in my code is the localisation of the EU window and that is done at screenshot time only. If you send me your errorlog (contains settings) via PM or sledge.sulaweyo@gmail.com i'll check if i see something there.

@Svenn: This should work for Win7 and yes i could disable Aero when a new run is started in my code but thats not really a solution just a workaround.
I'll add full DirectX 11 support but as i have to learn how to do it first it might take some time.
Anyway my new GPU should arrive within the next few days and it supports all dx11 functions so i can test on my own system wich makes things a lot easier.

As levithanikos asked for other date format in overview i'd like to ask you guys what you want too ...
option 1: as is
option 2: setting to use year/mont/day in overview instead of US/DE format
option3: setting to choose from a bunch of language specific date formates (used in overview only)

Last edited:
Leave as is gets my vote but this is personal. As a community I would vote for Specific to Language selection to assist Levithanakos and other European users if they think it is useful.

An easy fix would be to just convert to a given set of formates - the problem is that this formated values are strings then and sort will see them as such and no longer as dates. No problem for year/month/day though.

Guess i'll add that with a setting to enable that format or leave as is.

Here you go...

• Added date conversion for overview - you can enable it in setting (screenshot). If enabled it the format will be year/month/day (english) or year.month.day (german).

Here you go...

• Added date conversion for overview - you can enable it in setting (screenshot). If enabled it the format will be year/month/day (english) or year.month.day (german).

uhmm I followed the discussion about that a bit... but what advantage would this setting have actually? I mean atm all my runs are in the right order so i don`t seem to have any problem as it is without this new setting.

uhmm I followed the discussion about that a bit... but what advantage would this setting have actually? I mean atm all my runs are in the right order so i don`t seem to have any problem as it is without this new setting.

It helped me, and other ppl, who changed from German to English output.

Had to manually edit in Notepad the file , few dates, but now all is good and in order :D

Thanks again Sledge

It helped me, and other ppl, who changed from German to English output.

Had to manually edit in Notepad the file , few dates, but now all is good and in order :D

Thanks again Sledge

If an easy fix helps at least one person and does not affect the others it's worth doing it imo :tiphat:

very nice and intresting:)
can u add a shot number counter near the dmg window and a same the heal window?
Ty

I tried to edit the xml file in notepad to get correct dates on my old hunts, unfortunately i must have messed something up:rolleyes:
Anyway I now have to start all over, with the loggings.

Bump for nice little program:)

Edit: :hammer::hammer::hammer: In the new version there is that convert date checkbox,,,, if i had used that the file would have been ok:ahh:

Dont say anything about backup;)

Last edited:
Interesting downloading and will try thank you for this tool.

Problem with run name

I just came across a small problem with the naming of runs. I did a run yesterday where i used the # sign as part of the name (the name i used was OLA #45). Everything seemed to work fine, i entered everything and after I finished I got the after run analysis graphs etc. However, this morning when i logged back inn I see that the run had in fact *not* been stored in the XML file. I have now done a little testing and it is in fact the # sign in the Run Name field that caused this information not to be saved. This has caused me to loose the information from this run :mad:

Could you please either add a check to the various entry fields to make sure that no "illegal" characters are used, or at least give us a list of the "legal" characters we may use?

just a quick question, how do I get it to catch prtscn button?

I checked in it under settings and picked PNG format as I want high quality, and then I pressed the "new run" button and had it run while I was playing.
Sure it collected dmg done/taken and healed which is great, but I tried to press the print screen button a few times just to try it out but I dont see any pictures in the folder I picked to store them in.
So far no global when running your program so cant answer if thats working or not.

I really want this to work as I want to use locations when out mining so cant use entropiatracker for global screenshots (+I also hate that big ugly "watermark" that put on my screens smaller or less eyecatching would be fine)

Will make a proper hunting tryout of EUhunter in the coming days so would hope to test the global screen shot function ;)

@F_H: intresting - will check that out
EDIT: sorry but could not confirm that - works as expected for me.
Tested with english and german data lang.
My Test (win7 so far): Create new run, enter OLA #45 as name and save, restart and check
(win XP): could not confirm either

@jenny ferr: should work out of the box if a screenshot folder is set. I monitor the clipboard if catch printscr is checked and if i find a pic there i do a screenshot of the EU window.
Can you check if you have a pic in the clipboard when you press that button? Any messages in the error log?

The overlay ... well yes :) If you want to spend the time to design a new one feel free to do so (should contain EuHunter and URL) and i'll change to that ;)

@R^SylverIce^K:
Nice idea ... i'll add that to the other info as the space in the gui is limited.

Next big thing will be reading loots from teamchat (only your loot) and then check MU for that from one of the existing sources. Did not speak to one of the owners so far as i want to have the parsing thing first.

Last edited:
@jenny ferr: should work out of the box if a screenshot folder is set. I monitor the clipboard if catch printscr is checked and if i find a pic there i do a screenshot of the EU window.
Can you check if you have a pic in the clipboard when you press that button? Any messages in the error log?

The overlay ... well yes :) If you want to spend the time to design a new one feel free to do so (should contain EuHunter and URL) and i'll change to that ;)
For some reason the screenshots worked now, without any change just confirmed the folder setting :)

wasn't really talking about your overlay, but the one tracker use as I guess they read this thread too ;)
But after seeing yours it's MUCH better and something I can live with for sure. (but if I feel like playing around in photoshop is it just a normal picture you need for it to work?)

(but if I feel like playing around in photoshop is it just a normal picture you need for it to work?)
Jup any png would work fine

• Added counter for shots and heals to other items
  • Fixed problem at feedback uplod
  • Fixed possible problem at feedback 7z creation

Nothing big here but i want the trunk to be published before i start with the parsing of team loot messages ;)
Yes this means i start with it now

Nothing big here but i want the trunk to be published before i start with the parsing of team loot messages ;)
Yes this means i start with it now

whohoo :yay: :wtg:

go go go :)

Woot new features lol :)

Now to get the time to play :p

Just got info from Starfinder that Entropia Tracker no longer deletes the chat log.
Never was much of a problem (just annoying messages) but now it should be no problem at all to run EuHunter and Entropia Tracker
:wtg:

Just got info from Starfinder that Entropia Tracker no longer deletes the chat log.
Never was much of a problem (just annoying messages) but now it should be no problem at all to run EuHunter and Entropia Tracker
:wtg:

Here are some more "peds" for your initiative .. was the reason i wasn't running ET :ahh:

@F_H: intresting - will check that out
EDIT: sorry but could not confirm that - works as expected for me.
Tested with english and german data lang.
My Test (win7 so far): Create new run, enter OLA #45 as name and save, restart and check
(win XP): could not confirm either

I just did a test using the latest version (0.8.2.3) and it worked correctly. I have no idea why it didn't work on the previous version, but I did try it several times before writing my post here on the forum. Anyways it seems to work now.

After i installed last version i cant open my old file anymore, its like the program wants to open the older file that i messed up, but i have newer then that that was working ok,,,(just dont know whereto find it),,,,,,,, log sent.

As preliminary work for the loot tracking i have rewritte the whole tracking code to 100% regex. During my tests so far i found a bunch of blurred detections in the old code - most of them are because of chat lines containing keywords of the old tracking.

As the new detection is a lot more strict i want to ask for your chatlogs to increase my testpool. That will help for the loot detection too ;)

If you want to help me out here please send me your chatlogs (ziped/rared) to sledge.sulaweyo@gmail.com

PS: Thx jenny ferr for providing a new watermark/overlay for the screenshots :)

Feature request

Could you add an automatic backup of the XML file? My network switch died yesterday in the middle of me exiting EU Hunter and the XML file got cut in half and is useless :cussing: I lost 3 weeks of entries :cry:

And yes, I know I should have made a backup but I didn't :banghead:

Oh well, now I have to spend a little time fixing all the other problems the dead switch caused too, but I hope you will consider adding an automatic backup of the XML file :)

Back